PDA

View Full Version : Andrew satsang hehe

andrew g
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I was messing around on the computer this afternoon and felt moved to record myself doing a 10 minute silent meditation on youtube. It was cool, I was very present and very conscious throughout and having watched it back, I feel its quite impactful and intense. I was forced out of the meditation suddenly at the end of the 10 minutes when the computer played tricks on me - in a way a good thing coz I think I could have sat there forever!

Anyway, if you would like to join me in silent conscious awareness even for a couple of minutes, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUIz67Snk0 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3D5XUIz67Snk0)

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey thanks am going to put this in my favs and when I feel like meditating will watch.
Spiritlite.

andrew g
03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Hey thanks am going to put this in my favs and when I feel like meditating will watch.
Spiritlite.

Cool! Thanks Spiritlite.

sound
03-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi andrew
I sat with you for about 7 mins but then got a zig zag effect happening in my peripheral vision which has happened before when I attempt 'still' meditation with my eyes open ... I think the online 'chat'sangs are more effect for me lol but thank you for your time and energy though :hug3:

andrew g
03-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi andrew
I sat with you for about 7 mins but then got a zig zag effect happening in my peripheral vision which has happened before when I attempt 'still' meditation with my eyes open ... I think the online 'chat'sangs are more effect for me lol but thank you for your time and energy though :hug3:

You're welcome. It was a fun thing for me to do this afternoon, its all good. My eyes were doing crazy things too by the way hehe. And thanks for joining me :)

Ivy
03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Its interesting that you have your eyes open and that they (and your facial muscles) are quite active. If I am standing or walking in meditation I have my eyes open...but having never recorded myself, Ive always assumed my facial muscles are quite still apare from an occasional blink. So yep, interesting stuff.

Lazarus72
03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I sat through the 10 minutes with you twice.

The first time, there was a lack of stillness in me, initially an overriding sensation that I would not be able to offer myself up like this as I'm currently somewhat self conscious. I also noticed I was in judgement, and comparing things like frequencies of blinks and swallows as per my current predisposition to overanalyze, careful not to miss anything that could add to minds propensity to profile I guess. Maybe this was useful to notice.

The second time having got that out of the way I slipped into a more peaceful state .....only to be rudely awoken by the inefficiency of your Acer product!!, lol.

Reminded me though, I tend to spend more time on theory than practice.

Thanks for sharing this Andrew.:smile:

andrew g
04-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Cool, thanks for sitting with me guys :) Yes, good old acer was a like a bucket of water!

Lazarus72
06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I've been thinking about this thread over the last few days and would like to take the opportunity to share some personal experience.

I also indulge in a kind of open eye meditation which can start with a focus on breathing, a clearing of the mind, sometimes just noticing thoughts as they arise, or relaxing into them without allowing them to take shape then gently pushing them away. Obviously a degree of consciousness is involved and this can result in a tranquil, more peaceful state, a state of relaxation. It's good equanimous practice and truthfully I don't do it enough.

Occasionally I combine this with another technique.

I enjoy walking, I like to look around me, and to just notice things - the environment, both nature and the everyday objects around me. I like to consider things in relation to other things, sometimes in a generalised manner, quite 'abstractly' if you like, and other times I might concentrate on a specific object and try to consider it in relation to other things, sometimes all other things. Additionally - however I do it, it's always in reflection to my perceived self.

Often I will try to see with my 'minds eye' rather than my 'physical eyes' (which may sound a bit ridiculous) but what I mean is - I'll take a couple of thoughts, such as, the scientific position that things are made up mostly of empty space, and combine it with the notion of the interconnectivity of all things, and with the technique mentioned in the first paragraph, I'll endeavour to keep the thoughts as abstract as possible and then I'll just relax into the object or the environment and just see....

The goal as such, is to strike a balance between, the relaxing of the mind - a transcendence of the usual potency of thought, whilst retaining the ability to notice. I guess what I'm trying to describe is a 'middle way' and the object of the exercise is to realise that, essentially, 'that' is no other than I am. That these 'things' are not independent of my experience of them, to witness the emptiness of inherent existence, as I prefer. To notice that form is no other than emptiness and emptiness is no other than form by direct experience. The depth of this emptiness contrasted with the heightening of awareness (the vividity of experience) could perhaps be considered in terms of dimension, yet terms are of little use here, more likely a hindrance. It is a 'dimension' accessed or effected only by release.

I'm describing a state of 'simplicity itself' where preconceptions and boundaries begin to fall away, a trance-like state, and I believe an elevation of consciousness takes place. Perhaps crown energy is being cultivated and sometimes results in an illumination , an enlightenment of sorts may occur. I've noticed what many describe as an aura surrounding things. A light-force that emanates from the 'space' itself, an 'aliveness' that permeates through everything. That the very emptiness has a kind of awareness coursing through it, arising from it. Aware/space if you will. At this stage although no-thing has changed, everything is different. Brighter, lighter, infinitely more magnificent and beautiful. This can't be pushed it must be allowed. A deep state of peace may ensue even feelings of bliss.

On one occasion I felt the polarities begin to merge. Knowledge seemed to spontaneously arise but in the form of one big idea that could merely be traversed. I recall a sensation like, wow!!, all the knowledge of the universe really is within us and can be merely 'accessed' by transcending thought. Some of the ideas did not seem to be my own. The environment took on a 'shining transparency' of sorts, with occurrences being noticed 'within' prior to being noticed 'without'. Timelessness. A synchronisation, a deep level of signification. 'Lazarus laughed' as it suddenly all made sense, it fell into place. This part doesn't make much sense I know, and I recall the realisation that it would not after the event, as the limited vehicle of the reasserted thinking mind tried to make sense of the experience. That such things could only be directly experienced was realised. This still sounds too heavy as I read it back, but the state itself was noticed to be a state of 'pure ease'. It really is lost in translation, even to myself, lol. Perhaps it was towards 'the mind of clear light'.

Finally as I went deeper ... or higher into this state of 'pure being' (notice the polarity between 'deeper' and 'higher' depending on perspective), a revelation seemed to take place.... but I'm gonna leave it there for the time being as I've clearly rambled enough .

Lastly as sometimes I do, I'd like to add a caveat. I'm no meditation expert. I've never sought or received instruction and have only read sporadically on the subject. I'm merely offering a combination of ideas and personal experience in case any of my words resonate with others. Perhaps it's all best taken with a pinch of salt due to my minds propensity to over sensationalise, hehe.

Thanks for listening.