PDA

View Full Version : Graves, cremation, funerals etc

HalfaMan
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello all of you and regards for 2011.

I have often wondered what spirits think about their bodies resting places?

My wife wanted to be cremated, I found this hard but she was firm about it long before we had any idea she was going to go.

I come from a traditional burial family you see.

Anyway my wife's body was cremated and the ashes were mostly scattered on the memorial garden I made for her here at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc

But also small offerings were taken to special places to us.

While it was her wish and while I can see a lot of sense in this method I still find myself beating myself up! 'How could I let them burn her' and no permanent memorial.

Mum on the other hand was buried and I visit the grave as often as I can, fill up the bird feeder and tend to the plants etc.

Sometimes I stand there and look out over the probably thousands of stones and wonder at the sadness that each one represents.

But, I would like to know what spirit make of all this, do they hang around graves?
What about cremations?

A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that.
Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this.

Thanks

Mike

glenos
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
My ol' mum was at hers.. a story in itself(!) They are long gone when they have passed over in the main. Our physical manifestation is but a pin-prick molecule of eternity afterall. There's no mileage in what may be left of the overcoat of the physical body. If it helps you to come to terms with their passing then why not visit their grave or Garden of Rest. Nothing wrong in that. Do be aware though that they will be saying "Oi, I'm over here, not there!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE

G

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Whenever I go to a graveyard (I am morbid I like to visit them just to see), I don't feel spirits at all unless I totally focus on a particular gravesite. So in my opinion I really don't feel that ghosts/spirits hang around graveyards/sites unless family or friends come to visit.
Spiritlite.

Enya
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
When people die, the body is a shell, nothing more. They will remain for a few days to help and to say goodbye, then they return to their fuller spirit body, which has much more of their total being than the physical would ever hold. They'll only hang around graves when loved ones visit, to comfort, or because they can't move on for some reason. But as Spiritlite says... they'll be jumping up and down saying - Stop crying, I'm still alive!' :hug2:

earthprowler
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Whenever I go to a graveyard (I am morbid I like to visit them just to see), I don't feel spirits at all unless I totally focus on a particular gravesite. So in my opinion I really don't feel that ghosts/spirits hang around graveyards/sites unless family or friends come to visit.
Spiritlite.

spiritlite, you're not morbid. when driving I always wave because you never know who might be standing there watching and i guess it's my way of letting any of them know we still think of them. so......that makes me the weird one. lol.

HalfaMan
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Maybe someone with the sight can ask the spirits?

I know the body is a shell, but we spend so long loving it, I vividly recall how hard it was to let them move the body, I felt terrible guilt and betral for allowing the undertakers to take it away!
See I was her sworne protector, a role I took completly seriously.
Maybe it seems a bit old fashioned, but that was just us

iolite
03-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Anyway my wife's body was cremated and the ashes were mostly scattered on the memorial garden I made for her here at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc

While it was her wish and while I can see a lot of sense in this method I still find myself beating myself up! 'How could I let them burn her' and no permanent memorial.

Mum on the other hand was buried and I visit the grave as often as I can, fill up the bird feeder and tend to the plants etc.

Sometimes I stand there and look out over the probably thousands of stones and wonder at the sadness that each one represents.

But, I would like to know what spirit make of all this, do they hang around graves?
What about cremations?

Mike

Mike...

The memorial garden you made for your wife sounds lovely. The headstone at the cemeteries are just for us, not really for the dead. It gives us a place to go to be with the ones we lost, but it sounds like to me that the memorial garden accomplishes the same thing. You know of course that your wife is in spirit and is no longer attached to her remains. Eventually, all remains in cemeteries will go to ashes too, your wife's request just sped up the process. You created that garden as a special place for her and I would think that it would be more peaceful and special than a burial plot in a commercial cemetery.

Did you know that some religions like Hebrew and Muslim bury their unpreserved dead in a plain pine box? There is even a "green" movement to get more folks to do this as it is more economical and better for the environment.

Ciqala
03-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't much care once i leave this earth, where my body ends up. While i am on this earth, i would much like my body thrown in a forest somewhere, to offer my flesh to the spirits, animals, scavengers, and earth, but of course that is illegal.
I find it highly odd, to hold onto the remains of a loved one, like some family who likes to hang onto cremated ashes in jars, why? The body is not the aspect of who the person was at all, that is just kind of creepy, and they are not connected to their bodies at all after they die. They come back, hanging around the house, hanging around us to make sure we are okay. They don't come back for themselves, to bask in earthly things, because earthly things suck, but they come back to ease our pain.
I would attend my funeral only to help my loved ones through, other than that i'm sure it would be boring, and i would have amazing things to get onto explore. I don't agree with funerals, i find them odd, like why? Why delve into death in such an odd way, when death is an amazing thing.
perhaps i will tell my family exactly how i want my funeral to be. i would want my funeral to be happy, and not have people talking about all the things i used to do, i would like it, where they can sit around, offer things to spirit, congratulate me, and communicate to me, like i am actually still alive, and not gone, they should say, "congratulations Sabrina (that is my real name) we are so glad you have moved on! What a great endeavour!"
and then they can dance, and my spirit will fill the entire room, they will party, and actually celebrate my amazing journey into a better place, that would be cool, if everyone could laugh, instead of cry, wish me well on my journey with smiles, dance around and party and celebrate and honour my passing with happiness. i don't want them to wear black, instead i want them to wear bright colours. i would want them to have some upbeat music playing in the background. and i certainly don't want them to stare at my body, i wouldn't appreciate that, how gross, i would more appreciate if they celebrated my spirit. but of course, i can't ask my family to separate from their ways of mourning. Well i make it a vow, to either bring a flock of ravens or eagles to wherever they hold my funeral, and to make my presence known one way or another.

I don't like attending funerals for my loved ones. and i know they respect my decision. people just gaze at the dead body, crying. i would much rather go somewhere else and talk to my dead loved ones spirit and talk about happy things with them, ask them how they are doing, and give them a huge hug.

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
EarthProwler thankyou usually I go to graveyards that are pretty old as I like to see how old they are and how young many died etc.
I pay my respects while there but I find graveyard sites very peaceful.
Spiritlite.

Snowcat
03-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Revelation 2:23 Jesus shall kill (the rebellious) them with death.

Nahum 1:14 I shall make thy grave, for thou are vile.

Lynn
04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Hello

There are times when we can honour one's final wishes and times when we can not. Know that its understood.

I often get asked if one looses their Father first and there is a family plot where he has been placed but the Mother has moved on in life with a new partner and for what ever reasons she might have she does not wish to go besid him. Should that be done ? When she passes should the family go against what she wanted after he had gone ? Hard decission. Many a times its a financial one that makes that choice. As the plot has been pre paid and its economically how its best for the the family to handle it. Does she come back mad at them for that choice. NO. She has moved to Spirit and knows that there is simply a marker for her that shows LOVed one's where she is.

I remember when me Grandmother passed the dilema we came to find. It seems two days before she passed she took out her documents for her final wishes and made some HUGE changes to them. She had a plot picked and paid for. She no longer wanted it. She too was to be burried she no longer waned that. She wanted NO service at all where she had a full one planned. She wanted creamation and that was that. No ashes were to be picked up or anything done with them. NO service at all was wanted.

We struggled with that one and the family fought some over it all. Was not a fun time. Finally me and me Dad said we owed it to her to repsect that she made the changes and that the plot could be given to another family member in the contract. So we did that. We honoured her wishes. Her changes. Its always felt right to do that .

I so struggle going to a funeral as a Medium I have so many that come around me and have messages. Too even worse for me is a grave yard. I find as many do that its peaceful resting place yes but to its hard as once again there can be many come around one's like me.

It is understood that I have me body going to a major university for the unusual bone structure frame I have. NOW will that be honoured I dont really know. Me mate has always been against it. Me kids are ye to be of age to really understand why I would want that. So if it happens good if not will embrace their need to heal and move forwards.

Spirits do no hang persay around there grave but I have seen very many come and sit with family that goes to vistit there. I have over the year' s been sent many a photo where there is someone with them while there. There are many ways to remember a LOVe one.

A friend lost her Father and he was creamted and place at a Graveyard. Too they did something I found very touching bought a Picnic Table in a public park and put his name on it. I have sat at it many times and wow its a nice comforting place to be. Planting a tree is another nice thing to do, with a plaque.

While it hard to loose a LOVed on too they move to Spirit and we are left to worry on them still, trust in that LOVe lives on.

Lynn

Skye
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM

My wife wanted to be cremated, I found this hard but she was firm about it long before we had any idea she was going to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3Dy89W96rosFc)

What about cremations?

A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that.
Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

when those in spirit have communicated to their loved ones here, I have personally noticed none of them dwell on their passing, or their final resting place as they know they haven't died, nor do they rest. They are more interested in speaking of happier times, and being remembered as they were when here in the physical world. Besides, they have far more interesting things to attend to in the world of spirit rather than visiting their graves.

I hope you don't object to me telling you of an experience that happened between my father and his mother. When she passed over she had left clear instructions that she was to be buried in the family grave. Unfortunately, there was no room available for her, which caused much distress and anguish for my father, who was responsible for carrying out her last wishes. The only solution he could arrive at, despite hating the idea, was to have her cremated and then scatter her ashes in the family plot. He felt he could never forgive himself as he strongly believed he had let her down.
However, when visiting a medium he was relieved and amazed to hear from her especially when she mentioned it was of no importance where her body was laid to rest or how it was disposed of. Finally, the burden that he had carried with him for years turned out to be the only thing that was laid to rest.

Native spirit
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
:smile: Hey mike,

When we knew my husband was not going to survive the cancer that ravaged his body we spoke of being buried or cremated it was his wish to be buried,
even though i go to the cemetery and lay flowers i dont go very often,
i dont see the point hes not there, i paid a lot of money for his headstone because the marble i wanted had to come from italy, and i wanted a carving on it i designed the carving which made it personal to myself and my husband.
when i was growing up i used to sit in cemeteries for hours on end with my grandmother i was so peaceful so serene,
i used to see spirit visiting their graves while their families were there, it was just normal for me,
my husband came and told me he was surprised to see so many ppl at his funeral
even though he was and still is well thought off by many ppl. he didnt expect so many to be there,
myself im not bothered what happens to my body when ive passed over because it wont affect me. but my kids want me to be buried so they have somewhere to go.
its an individual choice but i wasnt my ashes to be scattered to the four winds,

Namaste

HalfaMan
04-01-2011, 10:00 PM

What? :icon_frown:

Lovely
04-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I really don't feel they care. Even if they are earth bond. Even
if they obsessed about it while they were alive. When they die
they remember all their past lives. So the vehicle used in
their latest reincarnation would be just one out of 50
or even 200+ lives. They care about their loved ones but I
see no reason why they would care about their body.

HalfaMan
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I really don't feel they care. Even if they are earth bond. Even
if they obsessed about it while they were alive. When they die
they remember all their past lives. So the vehicle used in
their latest reincarnation would be just one out of 50
or even 200+ lives. They care about their loved ones but I
see no reason why they would care about their body.

Hmm, I would not want to remember 100s of lives to be honest.
Its been my feeling that each life (if there are more than one) go to make you what you are now, thus when you pass over you are what you are but in spirit.
LOL but that is just the camp I sit in now and everyones thoughts are equally valid

Snowcat
04-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Why has no-one taken on JESUS yet?

:smile:

HalfaMan
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Why has no-one taken on JESUS yet?

:smile:

Maybe he is being miss sold?

HalfaMan
06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi all, thanks very much for the constructive replies.

So to sum up then.

Spirit does not mind at all what happens to the body they had after death.

(why then are some spirits troubled if they did not get a proper burial)

Despite the long attachment to the body?

Grave or cremation makes no difference at all to the spirit?

Thanks

Mike

Lynn
06-01-2011, 03:37 PM

So to sum up then.

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike

I can only speak from how I have experienced things with the path as a Meduium I have had, and that is only who I see it does not make me right nor wrong just honset in whom I am.

There are many reasons why some Spirits ( Ghosts to me if they are Earth Bound and not crossed to the Light ) are not at rest in passing.

1) Sudden death that they did not maybe have the time to process happened

2) Soldiers under the Bush Govt. me and other's came to work with that did not feel they would go to war to die, as no retruning death was shown. Feeling of I am going for the benifits I will get. ( they are at rest now as war is real and young men and woman die ) Sadly.

3) Unfinished business now this can be on many a level. The need to solve why they died at times if it be at the hand of another, or to have family find sometnhing that is needed. ie here a Will or papers

4) Not feeling worth of the Light that is here for all to go to. Feelings of maybe at time 'sins' or other religious actions thought not followed through on. Suicides might well fall into here. Its not a 'sin' its at times a sad ending to a long struggle

5) The why me, the EGO at times that says I still have things to do, or the EGO saying I deserve more. ( Me Sister in Law fits here )

I be sure there are more I could well think in. So many I have come to meet wth and be blessed to not know in one's life but be touched by one's Spirit.

Lynn

Rah nam
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
For me, what ever is the cheapest. I don't have a strong connection to the body.
It is interesting, in many areas in Asia the body will be burned unless it was in an accident, then they bury the body for two years and then burn the remains.

Skye
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM

So to sum up then.

Thanks

Mike

Some people are spiritually unaware, and death does not immediately change us into someone we are not. When our physical body dies we are immediately in the spirit world as there is no other place to go. When someone arrives who has had a deep religious background, they may well be annoyed that their relatives did not bury them in the manner they personally would have wanted. Once we become a little more enlightened in the spirit world and realise our beliefs are not the truth, we can progress a bit further forward on our spiritual journey letting go of old outdated beliefs.

nephesh
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
For me, what ever is the cheapest. I don't have a strong connection to the body.
It is interesting, in many areas in Asia the body will be burned unless it was in an accident, then they bury the body for two years and then burn the remains.

Yeah me too whatever is cheap I see no point in spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars to bury my remains. I have heard that sometimes those who have passed don't realize they are dead, rather like in the sixth sense movie. From books I have read it seems the passed over do not really dwell that much on their physical lifes. Several decades may seem like to us but it is but a blink on the otherside.

I do visit cemeteries I just like looking at the names, see how old they were when they crossed, and looking at the tombstone that are out there.

Westleigh
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with most of the posters here that it really depends who the spirit is. We are all individuals and being in spirit does not change that. :smile:

Less experienced souls or very physically-oriented souls might have more of an attachment to the body and be distressed if they feel it has not been treated correctly or hang around longer than they need to. They may be distressed or confused enough that they do not cross over and remain as ghosts. But most of us regain our memories of the spirit world when we pass over, along with our memories of other lives past, and understand that we are not the body and the body is not we. We are also usually met by loved ones who have passed on before us, which makes it an occasion for joy.

I think most people probably stay for their funeral out of love and respect because it is a ritual goodbye to their loved ones, as well as out of curiosity. I know I'd want to see what went on. :smile:

deepsea
20-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Interesting topic!

I do not like burial,to think of someone lying there until the remains finally disappear does not appeal to me all.

I prefer cremation,final and clean.My husband passed away 5 years ago and he is scattered not only in the UK but in the Memorial grounds of the Veterans place in Melbourne also.

He was also sent to Windsor and his ashes were scattered there near to where he was born.

He told me before he passed to 'scatter him to the four winds' which I did.

Bless his little heart!

Deepsea

LadyTerra
20-01-2011, 06:32 PM
My Beloved was cremated. We do not believe in funerals--but he permitted a brief one at the Memorial Cemetary (as he was a Vietnam Vet.) in deference to the feelings of his children from his first marriage--because they are Catholic.

Part of his ashes were interred there--for them to visit. I took part of his ashes to the Womb of the Mother--a beach we always loved to visit--and released them, so that he is free to travel at will (in accordance w/ our Spiritual beliefs). I kept part of his ashes w/ me (in an urn that I created for him)--they will be combined w/ mine and taken back to the Womb of the Mother (upon my passing)--where we will be released together.

He was present at the funeral, He is present in my home, He assists me in home repairs. He is ever present and I believe your Mate is (as well).

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

HalfaMan
21-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the further thoughts, I do check in just been snowed under with work, hope for some time off soon.

Celeste
26-01-2011, 12:06 AM
I want to be cremated. To me it is the most natural thing to do. Then, I want my ashes to be buried (on top of; don't know how they do that) my mom. Unless I remarry. Or, maybe be buried by my former husband. As of now, I want to be with my mom. Pretty soon we will all have to be cremated, because no room.

mac
26-01-2011, 01:09 AM
My wishes are registered with appropriate organisations for my body to be used for science, whatever anyone wants to do, either side of the big pond.

The ashes may be claimed by family if they wish...

Dhammajoti
30-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't much care once i leave this earth, where my body ends up. While i am on this earth, i would much like my body thrown in a forest somewhere, to offer my flesh to the spirits, animals, scavengers, and earth, but of course that is illegal.

This is something that is done in Varayana Buddhism. Here are 2 that are considered animal charity that is for the purpose of relieving some of the suffering of the animals, and increasing the merit of the deceased for a good rebirth.

"water burial”—in which a body is dumped in a lake where fish can eat it— is one of the five ways of disposing of dead bodies

sky burial, in which dead bodies are cut into little pieces and fed to vultures and other birds. http://mbvtravel.com/burials-in-tibet-not-for-sensitive-souls These pics are very real and graphic..(Hope this is not an issue as it is relevant to the subject at hand)

I too would love to be "offered" this way. It is s much more beneficial for all suffering beings!

Dhammajoti
30-01-2011, 01:20 PM

This is something that is done in Varayana Buddhism. Here are 2 that are considered animal charity that is for the purpose of relieving some of the suffering of the animals, and increasing the merit of the deceased for a good rebirth.

"water burial”—in which a body is dumped in a lake where fish can eat it— is one of the five ways of disposing of dead bodies

sky burial, in which dead bodies are cut into little pieces and fed to vultures and other birds. http://mbvtravel.com/burials-in-tibet-not-for-sensitive-souls These pics are very real and graphic..(Hope this is not an issue as it is relevant to the subject at hand)

I too would love to be "offered" this way. It is s much more beneficial for all suffering beings!

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I find myself totally repulsed by the lack of respect of that method!

And I would be concerend at teaching the animal world to consume human flesh like that.
Becuse there will come a time when the animal takes it when it should not and then no doubt the animals will be killed for doing so!
As I say, I am repulsed by that but if that is what they want to do its up to them I guess!

mac
30-01-2011, 03:56 PM

sky burial, in which dead bodies are cut into little pieces and fed to vultures and other birds. http://mbvtravel.com/burials-in-tibet-not-for-sensitive-souls (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fmbvtravel.com%2Fburial s-in-tibet-not-for-sensitive-souls) These pics are very real and graphic..(Hope this is not an issue as it is relevant to the subject at hand)

There's merit in disposal of human remains in such ways provided that there's not an overload of the 'disposal system' which would lead to health hazard and even more pollution than other means.

It's an interesting issue that with the huge numbers of dead bodies routinely having to be disposed of, the pollution it's likely to cause will become an ever-growing problem.

Those with some understanding of spiritual matters will know that the body is simply a worn-out overcoat when we pass over with no importance other than to those who are left behind. If we could move humankind past the need for the physical interment of remains then it would be a huge step forward in reducing the demands of our ritualised, religious ceremonies.

In time cremation using modern, low-pollution crematoria may be the only solution.

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi

I am close to being able to accept that life carries on, however try see it from my point of view, having just lost two vital souls in my existence and with the frankly cruel separation that has been imposed on me.
I feel all matter has some form of existence, I don't discard anything without considering it, be it a old coat or old car!

When it comes to the earthly bodies of my wife and mum then respect and reverence towards that fine organic mechanism that brought me into the world, that held and loved me that carried their dear spirits through this coarse life bravely and well, then these is no way I could ever just see it as something to be recycled and far less fed to scavengers!

While I can see a problem in time think also that for a lot of places there would be no green space at all if it were not for the cemeteries!
But yes we do need some form of new and respectful method of returning to earth, for me this would be some sifi kind of atomiser, quick and fast.

But while fascinating this has wondered away from my original questions as to what do spirit feel about this matter?

mac
30-01-2011, 06:00 PM
"A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that. Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this."

ooops, Mike! We had drifted off-topic rather quickly....

You already know a little about me so I won't repeat myself on this occasion! But you’ll know the direction from which I approach this and other such matters.

Other than speaking to the modern generation who claim to have contact with "dead people" (their words - not mine!) one would need to look out references for this subject from the Spiritualism generation of a few decades back or maybe even further.

Attending one's own funeral for some of the recently departed seems to be no big deal although others will see it as distinctly strange. I guess it could seem that way if you have little understanding of the mechanisms which apply after passing over.

Consequently any insight you gain will depend on two main issues. Firstly it will depend on the accounts you get from those recently passed-over and how they personally feel about being able to attend their own funeral - if they've ever considered the notion.

Secondly it will depend on the individual providing that communication if you can’t achieve it directly for yourself - as most of us can’t. A go-between may attract others who share the same views and if the go-between doesn’t understand the after-death situation, (s)he may attract (so-called) spirits who don’t either.

Hence the blind will be leading the blind if you look for insight from those individuals.

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 06:29 PM
"A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that. Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this."

ooops, Mike! We had drifted off-topic rather quickly....

You already know a little about me so I won't repeat myself on this occasion! But you’ll know the direction from which I approach this and other such matters.

Other than speaking to the modern generation who claim to have contact with "dead people" (their words - not mine!) one would need to look out references for this subject from the Spiritualism generation of a few decades back or maybe even further.

Attending one's own funeral for some of the recently departed seems to be no big deal although others will see it as distinctly strange. I guess it could seem that way if you have little understanding of the mechanisms which apply after passing over.

Consequently any insight you gain will depend on two main issues. Firstly it will depend on the accounts you get from those recently passed-over and how they personally feel about being able to attend their own funeral - if they've ever considered the notion.

Secondly it will depend on the individual providing that communication if you can’t achieve it directly for yourself - as most of us can’t. A go-between may attract others who share the same views and if the go-between doesn’t understand the after-death situation, (s)he may attract (so-called) spirits who don’t either.

Hence the blind will be leading the blind if you look for insight from those individuals.

LOL yeah its so complex now for sure!
I just ordered a new book on NDE after hearing a podcast.
Guess I can give the link here:
http://jimharold.com/the-paranormal-podcast/near-death-experiences-and-messages-from-the-light-with-christophor-coppes-paranormal-podcast-175/

Got to keep seeking, hmm now I am drifting off topic :angel10:

mac
30-01-2011, 06:38 PM
LOL yeah its so complex now for sure!
I just ordered a new book on NDE after hearing a podcast.
Guess I can give the link here:
http://jimharold.com/the-paranormal-podcast/near-death-experiences-and-messages-from-the-light-with-christophor-coppes-paranormal-podcast-175/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fjimharold.com%2Fthe-paranormal-podcast%2Fnear-death-experiences-and-messages-from-the-light-with-christophor-coppes-paranormal-podcast-175%2F)

Got to keep seeking, hmm now I am drifting off topic :angel10:

I hope you enjoy the book. :smile:

I know you didn't seek comment on it but my reaction about NDEs is that they don't tell you much and they don't tell you anything other than about very specialised occurrences - interesting enough but lacking 'meat on the bones' in my estimation.

If one were wishing to gain a broader base of understanding, there are more relevant sources of information.

Just a few, general observations for anyone reading this topic thread....:hug3:

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 07:05 PM
:-) all input welcome, I just have to keep seeking I owe her that much.

Summerland
30-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Hmm, I would not want to remember 100s of lives to be honest.
Its been my feeling that each life (if there are more than one) go to make you what you are now, thus when you pass over you are what you are but in spirit.
LOL but that is just the camp I sit in now and everyones thoughts are equally valid

From having seen myself die in past lives and being taken to that moment, I don't recall any life that I stuck around worried about my body. I worried about those left behind, but not for the vehicle itself.
I defintely opt for cremation. No need to take up space. My kids can take me to my favorite place and scatter my ashes. The "natural' burial in a forest would prey too heavily on my kids, worrying about animals and such. That would be an infair burden to place on them since their beliefs are not as strong as mine. Casket in the ground? NEVER! Yuck! How morbid that would be for me. I know it is just the vehicle, but why take up space and not be recycled quickly. Sorry if that sounds rather cold, but that is something I prefer not to have dwelling on my kids minds either.

Uhmar
30-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I just have to keep seeking I owe her that much.

I would think what you owe her is to not forget her..Is that even possible? To honor the marriage commitmennt you shared. Keep her in your heart then you have done all you needed to do .

In the olden days and in Native American burial rituals wasn't or isn't it the custom to build funeral pyres? This tells me that the body was not buried for many years that is was burned to offer the persons spirit back up to the higher planes.

This is the method you/she chose..It can only be a good thing. To me it says you honored her and her wishes. You honored who she was and what she valued.
It matters little how you did it as you still carry her in your heart and with you at all times. Focus on that not the act of her burial.

There you will find your stength.

Summerland
30-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I would think what you owe her is to not forget her..Is that even possible? To honor the marriage commitmennt you shared. Keep her in your heart then you have done all you needed to do .

In the olden days and in Native American burial rituals wasn't or isn't it the custom to build funeral pyres? This tells me that the body was not buried for many years that is was burned to offer the persons spirit back up to the higher planes.

This is the method you/she chose..It can only be a good thing. To me it says you honored her and her wishes. You honored who she was and what she valued.
It matters little how you did it as you still carry her in your heart and with you at all times. Focus on that not the act of her burial.

Uhmar, different tribes did it differently. Some did cremation, some used an above ground burial (up on a wooden planking) and some used caves. It depended on the type of ground available,also.

Uhmar
30-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Uhmar, different tribes did it differently. Some did cremation, some used an above ground burial (up on a wooden planking) and some used caves. It depended on the type of ground available,also.

I meant it as an example only...not that all tribes did it same way . It also was olden celtic/norse type methods as well. to build a floating pyre then sent it out onto lake and setting it aflame. Of course different areas different methods.
All done with the utmost respect to the bodies.
I was using an example for him of how he did actually respect her wishes and her body. He is struggling so with the method he used to bury his beloved.
Just examples nothing more.

Summerland
30-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I meant it as an example only...not that all tribes did it same way . It also was olden celtic/norse type methods as well. to build a floating pyre then sent it out onto lake and setting it aflame. Of course different areas different methods.
All done with the utmost respect to the bodies.
I was using an example for him of how he did actually respect her wishes and her body. He is struggling so with the method he used to bury his beloved.
Just examples nothing more.

Uhmar, believe me, I am not trying to pick a fight or anything. It is a very hard decision for many to make about funeral arrangements. We have our religion and cultural ingrained methods to deal with. Sometimes we don't discuss it until there is no time left. Then there is extended family to think of. But I truly don't believe that the soul lingers. When you feel a presence at a gravesite, it is the soul visiting you. But I have had my father visit me in my frontroom. He is buried a few states away and I cannot afford to go visit his burial site. Distance may hinder me, but it certainly doesn't hinder him!:D
As far as the OP, it has to be what he is comforted by. How he feels closer to his loved one. I know of many people who go to a gravesite and sit just to visit. The nearness makes them feel more connected.

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Thank you very much for this! I feel you really understand and speak with words of wisdom!
I will never stop honouring her and will for sure honour and keep the legal marriage vows and the pledges we made to each other back on year 1 of 18!
I suppose my question here came because normally I would seek her approval/guidance on almost every important act, its alien to me not being able to.
If that makes sense?

Again thank you.

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Just to say, I am well aware of the ancient methods.
Stonehenge being one example.
Fire was indeed used to return the body to the earth, this is how I consoled myself to it, but mostly because it was her wish, and that means more to me than anything else.
I think the key word is respect, provided it is done with respect then the method may not be as important.

Richinside
30-01-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe that your spirit leaves your body as soon as you die because it no longer serves a purpose. So many people have died in ways in which their physical body does not remain (fires, explosions, etc.) and many are never found to be grieved over, so the spirit moves on regardless of any ceremony or burial rite that is or is not performed.
I would take comfort in the fact that you respected your wife's wishes. Had you done anything different I feel you would be having an even more difficult time because it could never be undone. Let go of your conflict and honour her with your thoughts and memories of the time you spent together.

Laughter and love,

Richinside

HalfaMan
30-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I believe that your spirit leaves your body as soon as you die because it no longer serves a purpose. So many people have died in ways in which their physical body does not remain (fires, explosions, etc.) and many are never found to be grieved over, so the spirit moves on regardless of any ceremony or burial rite that is or is not performed.
I would take comfort in the fact that you respected your wife's wishes. Had you done anything different I feel you would be having an even more difficult time because it could never be undone. Let go of your conflict and honour her with your thoughts and memories of the time you spent together.

Laughter and love,

Richinside

Thanks.

See I can't accept that fully for the following reasons.

If there person who is passing over did not expect to be doing so, and are worried about their loved ones I think they might try or want to re boot the physical body in someway.

However, drawing on my mum's own NDE experiences (that I was not going to share but in fact feel that this community is by and large kind and caring)

During two surgeries she had she told tale later of seeing a classic tunnel appear, of hearing voices and seeing people at the far end of the tunnel.
As she moved towards the tunnel her father came forward the first time and said to her, its not time and she found herself back in her body.

The 2nd time, was Feb 2010 after her thigh snapped due to cancer and she was rushed in the greatest ever agony to hospital where they decided they would try to save her leg by pinning it.

The op took ages and me, dad and sister sat waiting in the corridor.
We later learnt that mum had to be resuscitated three times (which is odd as there was a no resuss order on her notes)
But she was grateful for the little extra time it gave her.

She reported the same tunnel of light, clarity of faces and a deep longing to both go and stay and fight.
Again her dad came forward, this time he looked at her, shook his head and turned away.
Clearly he knew of the great pain, suffering and humiliation that was to come for her.

So mum clearly still did have a bond with her body in order that she could still be with us despite the terrible damage the cancer had done.
And with the spirit world all but open to her she did not go.

Thus, initially at least, I think the spirit does have a bond to the body that has carried it so well for so long????

Westleigh
30-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Mike, I haven't read the last few pages of this thread, but I just wanted to say in regard to your last post that it sounds like she fought her desire to go because of her bond to you, and to her other loved ones, rather than a bond to the body. All accounts I have read of people passing over indicate that the spirit feels joy at leaving the body behind, because it is such a freeing experience, like leaving all of your weight and troubles behind you.

Having said that, I do understand your feelings. While it is wonderful to realise ourselves as spirit beings and not a physical body, the bodies we inhabit are incredible, wondrous vehicles without which we would be unable to experience the world, taste, touch or smell it, or experience physical love. I believe our bodies have their own kind of intelligence - my body understands how to fight disease, while I have no idea; it has its own preferences, such as to the food it would like, which on many occasions conflict with my own (though we have been coming to a compromise on the issue). My body and I are a team, so far as I am concerned - without a soul the body would be less, and without a body the soul would be less, and our bodies are absolutely deserving of respect and even mourning, so long as you understand that your wife is no longer connected with it.

I can also understand your wish to have something in your physical existence you can relate to as being of your wife. I think it is this desire you need to work on releasing as you work on your connection to her in spirit. But so far as I am concerned you have completely honoured the respect due by following the wishes of your wife and your actions were precisely the right ones, so you should not feel concerned about that.

Lynn
31-01-2011, 02:10 AM
So mum clearly still did have a bond with her body in order that she could still be with us despite the terrible damage the cancer had done.

Thus, initially at least, I think the spirit does have a bond to the body that has carried it so well for so long????

Hello Mike

I take the last part f this touch on.

I had an NDE while I did not SEE the full on tunnel or the full Light, I did see ME laying there I was above me body. I too was connected to that body still that "cord " had not broken from me.

What I saw was I best describe as " stars " like in the cartoons spinning around he head. When one gets hit over the head or the " angel" leaves them. Bugs Bunny comes to mind for a cartoon one might recall images from.

I know though I was GIVEN the choice in that moment to GO or STAY I know full well I controlled in that one. I remembered yelling out " I will NOT pass out " what I learned in a regression I yelled out " I will not DIE " and in I came again. I understand in that moment me heart that had stopped started to beat in me again. All happens in a matter of minutes.

Is it an attachement to the body on some levels YES I have to say it be that. Too though in remembering and taking to me Dad ( in Spirit ) he in life always said that when one's number is UP we go. There is no stopping that. One might have some near misses along the path BUT when its time we go. He had a massive cardiac event his first and last. I remember seeing him in the ER and him saying to GO HOME he would call. Well he called me at 2 30 AM on his way out. They kept working on him til they called the house at 5 AM to come there. His Spirit was gone before the body call was made by the Dr's.

At the time of his death I was an emotional wreck I had not had the time to process and understand how that worked and I was 25 and he was but 56. I was planninga wedding and it was hard.

It was his time to go. NO matter how much I wanted him to stay he was called to go. I get that now. We need to embrace that sadly at times one we so LOVe go and the time seems cruel but it be something more they have to complete over on the Light side. I know its hard. I feel that pain.

The Spirit is very much a part of ( I feel ) the physical body as it is the essece of whom one is. It is whom as a Medium I find that Spirit of someone that comes to me. They to very much come in the body they once had. NOT needing it in more than to maybe SHOW us a sign. Too maybe whom knows the Spirit might well need its essence to travel in.

With one's Mom, she had so much LOVe for life and for family she gave it her all to fight to stay. When her final time was up though she went in peace. LOVed one's are often around before one goes, to assure ye its OK to go one will be safe. One will have someone with them.

I have worked with the dying over the year's an often they tell me of someone being at the end of the bed and I see them there, brings great peace that.

I too was blessed once to give a friend a kiss from his wife ( whom was in Spirit) to him before his time came so he KNEW she was fine. I let her enter me and he knew well it was her as a man knows well his wife. We shared in a kiss with his Son there ( whom did not beleive in Medium's ) seeing MOM there over me. It was the most amazing day I think I have ever had. The Reverend of our Church said it was a blessing . He sadly passed I say him two days before he passed. He too had many a death event. Then finally his time was up.

Many many a time we wonder WHY and we fee bad that we lost somone but KNOW they are just in a different way to us is all.

LOVeing blessing Milke......

Lynn

HalfaMan
31-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Mike, I haven't read the last few pages of this thread, but I just wanted to say in regard to your last post that it sounds like she fought her desire to go because of her bond to you, and to her other loved ones, rather than a bond to the body. All accounts I have read of people passing over indicate that the spirit feels joy at leaving the body behind, because it is such a freeing experience, like leaving all of your weight and troubles behind you.

Having said that, I do understand your feelings. While it is wonderful to realise ourselves as spirit beings and not a physical body, the bodies we inhabit are incredible, wondrous vehicles without which we would be unable to experience the world, taste, touch or smell it, or experience physical love. I believe our bodies have their own kind of intelligence - my body understands how to fight disease, while I have no idea; it has its own preferences, such as to the food it would like, which on many occasions conflict with my own (though we have been coming to a compromise on the issue). My body and I are a team, so far as I am concerned - without a soul the body would be less, and without a body the soul would be less, and our bodies are absolutely deserving of respect and even mourning, so long as you understand that your wife is no longer connected with it.

I can also understand your wish to have something in your physical existence you can relate to as being of your wife. I think it is this desire you need to work on releasing as you work on your connection to her in spirit. But so far as I am concerned you have completely honoured the respect due by following the wishes of your wife and your actions were precisely the right ones, so you should not feel concerned about that.

Bless you for all that and your words about the 'team' work and the compromise made me smile.
Yes a very cleaver mechanism :-)

HalfaMan
31-01-2011, 09:30 AM

Hello Mike

I take the last part f this touch on.

I had an NDE while I did not SEE the full on tunnel or the full Light, I did see ME laying there I was above me body. I too was connected to that body still that "cord " had not broken from me.

What I saw was I best describe as " stars " like in the cartoons spinning around he head. When one gets hit over the head or the " angel" leaves them. Bugs Bunny comes to mind for a cartoon one might recall images from.

I know though I was GIVEN the choice in that moment to GO or STAY I know full well I controlled in that one. I remembered yelling out " I will NOT pass out " what I learned in a regression I yelled out " I will not DIE " and in I came again. I understand in that moment me heart that had stopped started to beat in me again. All happens in a matter of minutes.

Is it an attachement to the body on some levels YES I have to say it be that. Too though in remembering and taking to me Dad ( in Spirit ) he in life always said that when one's number is UP we go. There is no stopping that. One might have some near misses along the path BUT when its time we go. He had a massive cardiac event his first and last. I remember seeing him in the ER and him saying to GO HOME he would call. Well he called me at 2 30 AM on his way out. They kept working on him til they called the house at 5 AM to come there. His Spirit was gone before the body call was made by the Dr's.

At the time of his death I was an emotional wreck I had not had the time to process and understand how that worked and I was 25 and he was but 56. I was planninga wedding and it was hard.

It was his time to go. NO matter how much I wanted him to stay he was called to go. I get that now. We need to embrace that sadly at times one we so LOVe go and the time seems cruel but it be something more they have to complete over on the Light side. I know its hard. I feel that pain.

The Spirit is very much a part of ( I feel ) the physical body as it is the essece of whom one is. It is whom as a Medium I find that Spirit of someone that comes to me. They to very much come in the body they once had. NOT needing it in more than to maybe SHOW us a sign. Too maybe whom knows the Spirit might well need its essence to travel in.

With one's Mom, she had so much LOVe for life and for family she gave it her all to fight to stay. When her final time was up though she went in peace. LOVed one's are often around before one goes, to assure ye its OK to go one will be safe. One will have someone with them.

I have worked with the dying over the year's an often they tell me of someone being at the end of the bed and I see them there, brings great peace that.

I too was blessed once to give a friend a kiss from his wife ( whom was in Spirit) to him before his time came so he KNEW she was fine. I let her enter me and he knew well it was her as a man knows well his wife. We shared in a kiss with his Son there ( whom did not beleive in Medium's ) seeing MOM there over me. It was the most amazing day I think I have ever had. The Reverend of our Church said it was a blessing . He sadly passed I say him two days before he passed. He too had many a death event. Then finally his time was up.

Many many a time we wonder WHY and we fee bad that we lost somone but KNOW they are just in a different way to us is all.

LOVeing blessing Milke......

Lynn

:hug2: as always Lynn bless you for your insights.

This thread sure has travelled about!

psychoslice
31-01-2011, 09:57 AM
The body is just a carcase, who cares what happens to it, when you go to the toilet do you worry what goes down the toilet ?.

HalfaMan
31-01-2011, 11:19 AM
The body is just a carcase, who cares what happens to it, when you go to the toilet do you worry what goes down the toilet ?.

Sorry, I don't think it helps to compare my loved ones bodies with poo :icon_frown:

earthprowler
31-01-2011, 12:48 PM
The body or the "shell" is laid out for family and friends to say goodbye to one last time. So we can try to get past our own human grief.

I have been to a few funerals and showings since opening up and spirit does attend its own funeral, one woman I knew was not pleased they didn't bury her with her glasses :tongue:, another man made his showing the "life of the party", when people were crying he started making the mike cut out during a song to the point everyone started laughing because they knew it was him along with several other things......and that's what he wanted, laughter, not tears. Last week I attended a showing of a life long family friend and as I looked at him, the thought occurred to me: why? why do we have to see a shell? why not a memorial? he was there in a side room along with quite a few other people watching the living mourn. How sad it must be for spirit. In the beginning they held wakes to make sure the person was truly dead, so they didn't wake up, now we hold wakes to comfort each other and remember them. Spirit will always be around if you need them. JMO without my ADD meds. :wink:
Does any of that make sense or am i just babbling???? :redface:

HalfaMan
31-01-2011, 01:07 PM
The body or the "shell" is laid out for family and friends to say goodbye to one last time. So we can try to get past our own human grief.

I have been to a few funerals and showings since opening up and spirit does attend its own funeral, one woman I knew was not pleased they didn't bury her with her glasses :tongue:, another man made his showing the "life of the party", when people were crying he started making the mike cut out during a song to the point everyone started laughing because they knew it was him along with several other things......and that's what he wanted, laughter, not tears. Last week I attended a showing of a life long family friend and as I looked at him, the thought occurred to me: why? why do we have to see a shell? why not a memorial? he was there in a side room along with quite a few other people watching the living mourn. How sad it must be for spirit. In the beginning they held wakes to make sure the person was truly dead, so they didn't wake up, now we hold wakes to comfort each other and remember them. Spirit will always be around if you need them. JMO without my ADD meds. :wink:
Does any of that make sense or am i just babbling???? :redface:

:-) that makes lots of sense! kind of how I imagined it to be.

mac
31-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Folks are forgetting that Mike had been asking about what discarnates might feel about their disposal - we're continuing with what we personally feel, as incarnates.

Plainly the recently bereaved often feel deeply about the matter. Equally plainly much comfort may be derived from following the conventions of the society in which one lives.

And at times of bereavement even the deepest held of convictions about life and life-hereafter may be put to the test.

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Folks are forgetting that Mike had been asking about what discarnates might feel about their disposal - we're continuing with what we personally feel, as incarnates.

Wouldn't it be interesting then, if a few mediums asked the question and shared the answers they receive from the other side ?

Of course, there might be as many different answers as are being posted here, different ideas from each to whom the question is asked ?

blessings,
Dream Angel

mac
31-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting then, if a few mediums asked the question and shared the answers they receive from the other side ?

Of course, there might be as many different answers as are being posted here, different ideas from each to whom the question is asked ?

blessings,
Dream Angel

Would the answers now be any different from the answers which were received when evidential mediums actually did ask these questions? There is nothing new in the notion of asking those now passed-over what they see, feel, hear and think. It's been going on for many, many decades throughout the time when Modern Spiritualism (for one example) was at its most popular.

Of course why not do it again as there's nothing to be lost BUT where will you find the experienced mediums who can discuss with their discarnate contacts the things you ask about? Mediums are fewer and further between and the whole issue of what a medium actually is has been done almost to death without agreement.

Now I'd love to be proven wrong by mediums stepping forward to offer help with this situation. Then we'd have a contemporary outlook to add to the historical ones.

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your reply mac, my answers will be in blue to your questions.

Would the answers now be any different from the answers which were received when evidential mediums actually did ask these questions?

Probably not, now that you mention it.

Of course why not do it again as there's nothing to be lost BUT where will you find the experienced mediums who can discuss with their discarnate contacts the things you ask about? Mediums are fewer and further between and the whole issue of what a medium actually is has been done almost to death without agreement.

I was just thinking if there are any mediums here who happen to read this thread, perhaps they might be interested in joining in, by asking a few of their contacts on the other side for some answers, or their opinions, thoughts on the question. If not, that is ok too.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

mac
31-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for your reply mac, my answers will be in blue to your questions.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
I appreciate your reply - I'd love to have our contemporary mediums ask questions of their spirit-side counterparts about matters of deep concern.

I contribute on several 'spooks' websites and have asked there if there are any mediums who could pose certain questions - of wide concern and application, not personal issues - to their contacts.

Without exception there hasn't been a single one who could undertake what seems to me a very simple exercise.

I take that as an indicator of the state of contemporary mediumship. And don't forget I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Spiritualist, not a detractor....

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 05:03 PM
perhaps in regards to the questions you are wanting to ask the mediums, maybe those questions are not the normal conversation they are used to having with their contacts on the other side ? that doesn't make sense ... hmmm, let me see... perhaps the contacts are more into giving advice or communicating with their loved ones than answering specific questions , as to what you were wanting answers to ?

we should not stray too far from the original question of this thread. I do thank you for your replies to my question.

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 05:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3Dy89W96rosFc)

Mike

Dear Mike :hug:

Your wife is always and forever with you in your memories and in your heart, remember this and let this thought bring comfort to you. It really does you no good to continue to torment yourself over with the thoughts of what ifs, or should haves.

Her love is with you either way ! Might I suggest changing your focus to communicating with her ? Sending her loving thoughts and knowing that she receives them. Perhaps keep your eyes open for signs and messages from her ? They are all around us, if we are open to receiving.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

mac
31-01-2011, 05:20 PM
perhaps in regards to the questions you are wanting to ask the mediums, maybe those questions are not the normal conversation they are used to having with their contacts on the other side ? that doesn't make sense ... hmmm, let me see... perhaps the contacts are more into giving advice or communicating with their loved ones than answering specific questions , as to what you were wanting answers to ?

we should not stray too far from the original question of this thread. I do thank you for your replies to my question.

Dream Angel xx

"we should not stray too far from the original question of this thread." I agree but I suspect we're in the minority in trying!

As for the mediums' questions, well, yes you're right about the contact that most mediums seem to have.

And there seems to be few of even them....

Lynn
31-01-2011, 05:27 PM

blessings,
Dream Angel

Hello

OK I can touch on that question that has been posed here.

NOT from the standpoint of "using" any one Spirit but from an over all train of thought on message I have gotten over the year's .

I will put it in point form I feel.....general ( AND YES it is ONLY HOW I SEE IT ) no right no wrong a each Mediums is unique.

1 ) A soldier goes to war, he has gone thinking this will bring to me a better life. I will get training and benefits. NOT thinking I might well die over there. He steps on a land mine and in an instant is gone. This is a death that is so sudden one does not have the TIME to process what has even happened. ( How I know this I have lived this many a time with a young man or woman that has had this death event happen ) . I am able to move with Spirit to their death moments and feel ( as vibrations ) what they have. The Soldier becomes what I call a Ghost ( Earth Bound Spirit ). They are no longer physical but too they are no fully transformed in energy. They are confused on WHY they can see and hear everyone but NO one can see or hear them. They are essentially stuck. Confused and lost. How they come to find help most often is via a Medium seeing their photo flash on the New’s or in a paper. How that works I do not fully know but what I do know is they connect to me. THEN in that moment of them going OMG ye can hear me and see me the help and understandings can come to them. The healing and crossing can come. I call that peace as they are in that once they go, often come back to just say its all OK. Give me a message to pass along to family and at times I am able to do that one. Face book is a wonderful place for that so that one does not have to overly put one’s self out there.
( This too can go to other sudden deaths such as accidents ext. )

2) Someone that “fears” going. This often is a harder passing than it has to be. They feel maybe they have something more to do or that one is too young to go. At times too they might well have done something in life they feel “punishment” waits for them. So they at times too become Earth Bound. Fearing moving over out of teachings of “sin” ext. Often the business that not be completed is in the pre preparations one can and should do just in case. That Will or Wishes on what one wants . Leaving LOVed one’s behind such as younger children. For older one’s it’s the fear of being alone. That there will be NO ONE there for them. Often for some they have lost so many around them and have had to wait for their turn to go and fear that all have moved forward from them. That is so not the case as LOVed one’s are there waiting for them. Often looking in before they move to the final stage of death.
( I shared the story of me friend from Church the one that I let his wife enter me ) In his case he feared going. Felt he had more to do. HE did he has a vast collection of BOOKS that I now am blessed to house for Church in me home. He feared where they would go as he so LOVed books and valued the wisdoms in them so. His Son might well have tossed them. When he was assure the books had a home then he was at peace in being ready to go. His journey then was easier. The common cold took him over. The body was frail in his case but the heart strong. I felt him go the day he passed. He came to me. Said the COLD he got was a blessing and that he was with his Wife and Son and the Russian friend. ( a prisoner of war he made friends with ).

3) A Mother or Father that leaves behind a family. They worry on what will become of family. Too they know that there are other’s always around to help out. That is a hard crossing at times. One is pulled on duties to be done and the calling to the Light. We I so feel all have our time here and our paths to follow.
( loosing me Dad at 25 and having a Wedding in the works the blessing I got was NOT having the Wedding. I never did the final act of marriage and its been a BLESSING as I do not feel “owned” by me mate’s family in any way. Me Dad does not approve but accepts it. )

4) One that takes one’s life. I so feel that while suicide is seen as a horrible and sad way to go that if one is meant to complete that path that is it simply TIME. I know that is hard for the family left behind to understand but I know from working with Spirits that have done that they are content in that decision. Example here one jumps off a building there is NO moment when they go OMG I made a huge mistake, no panic on the impact pending. One often has left the body before that final moment.

5) In cases of murder of an aggressive end to one’s life, I be asked WHY as it was not their time to go. I so feel it was as the end of life came. Sad as that be and at times horrific as that event is with at times the not knowing what happened and having closure, there are lessons that be learned. The worst is to be missing and the family not knowing what happened . In this case at times Sprit finds a path to a Medium and from there we can find their remains and bring them home, if for nothing more closure for a family, at times too we get enough information from that Spirit to move their case forward. To bring justice. In that too there be closure.

6) What happens in a case where one does not want to SEE someone when they go over. DO they NO that wish is upheld. We are never given what we do not want or more than we can handle. Example here I can give. Domestic dispute man “accidentally” takes the life of his wife. She stays around as she feels that justice is NOT done as he gets a slap on the wrist. Like she is waiting for him to go. He passed away and they re united in a home and carried out the same final act of her death. WHY whom it to know. She feared going over as she did not want to be with him, too she wanted him to be held accountable on some level. He just did not want to have his wife die ( she was his servant and in her death he felt he lost out. ). In crossing them over they DID not go to the same place with each other. That would have been punishment.

NOW this is just how I percieve it as a Medium, I do not WISH to be picked apart in any way but am open to quesitons.

Lynn

Enya
31-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I just asked my mum about her funeral (died in 1996). She said it was like watching a film. She was totally detached and more concerned about our grief than anything to do with her body.

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you Lynn for answering my question and for sharing .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

LadyTerra
31-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I believe our LovedOnes remain concerned for our recovery and progress--once They have passed through the Veil.

I still receive pestering and guidance from my BestFriend and He passed in 1994.

I have received messages for friends and acquaintances from their LovedOnes and it has been very specific and not well-received. One warning came through for the husband of a dear friend--that he would become very ill, if he did not change his habits (particularly in regards to food) and he was diagnosed a month later w/ Diabetes.

Our friendship ended abruptly.

I find the Gift I have been given is often met w/ fear and superstition--and the messages are rarely heeded--perhaps that is why we hear of so few Psychics and see such a generic example of them in the media.

What I do would never sell.

Peace and Love on the path to exploring all the possibilities and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...

mac
31-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I just asked my mum about her funeral (died in 1996). She said it was like watching a film. She was totally detached and more concerned about our grief than anything to do with her body.

Now that is the real McKoy - thank you

Enya
31-01-2011, 10:14 PM
You're welcome, Mac. :smile:

HalfaMan
01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow! I am so please with the input to this thread!
Thank you very much.

It is so good to hear how 'spirits' feel because this was what I wanted to know.
I hope one day to get clarity from wife and mum over this.

LadyT says about passing through the veil.

I am interested in this and would like to explore this concept more.

Passing through the veil does not seem to be a permanent one way thing then?

For about three weeks after my wife passed, I felt such a strong presence here at home.
In fact it was noisy with clicks and clunks going on when I was at the computer or gone to bed, floor boards, foot steps on the stairs and more.

To my shame I was stressful of it despite thinking it was my lovely lady, I then had a medium come who reported that it was indeed her and she said never to fear because it was and would only be her.
I worked hard on myself but sadly the feeling moved away and now I would love it to be here but it is not :-(

Was this her before and after the veil?

Thanks

Westleigh
01-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I think of "moving beyond the veil" simply as being a metaphor for moving from physical to spirit, though others may interpret it differently. :smile:

However, it is true that spirits who have recently passed are more present in an Earthly sense and more able to enter our perception - this is because, as spirits integrate more with the spirit world, this raises their vibration, and the higher the vibration the more difficult it is to communicate with us in the physical (lower vibrations). This is why most paranormal activity we see indicates the presence of ghosts, the spirits who have remained here on Earth instead of crossing over. I am sure your wife is trying no less hard to connect with you, but it may be more difficult for her to do so.

This is a good sign for her because it means she is moving into joy and higher spiritual understanding, but it is understandable that it is difficult for you. :hug2: