PDA

View Full Version : ayurvedic spa

Roselove
03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
anyone been to one or tried their treatments?

ultra-violet
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
no, but i'm interested to find out. have you? :smile:

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
No but I'm also interested.........can't wait to hear those who have been or tried their treatments.
Spiritlite.

Roselove
03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
no i haven't but would like to! i have only tried making a facial at home..

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Ooh how was the facial?
Spiritlite.

Roselove
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
it was good, just mix gram flour with yogurt and a bit of olive oil depending on your skin type..

ultra-violet
04-01-2011, 12:01 AM
hand-deleted

harley's mum
18-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Hello Rosewater and all...

well you are all interested in a very ancient and complex form of traditional healing and yes myself both my son my indian ex his father all have used ayurvedic treatments so...

first you need to find out which of the three doshas you are as in which body type category are you Pitta, Vata or Kapha... some of you will easily fall into one category a few will be a combination of two and there are a rare few like myself who are a combination of all three which means that when I go out of balance it is three times harder to get back into balance and when I lived in India an ayurvedic teacher asked if I would volunteer to be a "subject" for his pupils and was a most amazing experience being a sort of human lab rat so to speak so...

I have just checked for you all if you google how to determine my ayurvedic body type there will be lots of sites come up and I checked a few for you and they have a body type quiz then...

once you know which dosha you are you can then determine which of the treatments are suitable for your condition/situation... it is possible to purchase the majority of the remedies online once you know your dosha

some of you maybe live in an area of the world where there are indeed ayurvedic practitioners and they will confirm or determine your dosha and determine the appropriate remedies...

some of the more simple balancing techniques may just involve a certain herbal tea combination and others far more complex and also costly... but...the fact that you are interested means you are ready to delve into this fascinating area...

wishing you all well

Crystalline_Lilly
25-02-2011, 09:09 PM
do you know any spas of this feild in Nj I live on the eastern part of the US and I am in lodi does anyone know any close spas of this feild thank you :D I also read about chromotherpy or how ever its spelled lol.. i think i spelled it right. :D

jasmeet
15-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Sivananda ashram Yoga retreat Bahamas offers Ayurvedic yoga therapy certification course. In Ayurvedic Yoga therapy we teach Thai Yoga Massage.

astroboy
19-07-2011, 04:56 AM
jasmeet,
It's nice to hear that we have things in common here.

Gabi
26-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I go to my ayurveda doctor every month and besides homeopatic medicine, i also do some treatment with massages and shirodara, that works great for me. T really recommend it. It really works for me way better than tradicional medicine, which is forced to me, but canĀ“t seem to show resulst as good as ayurvedic ones.

Ludovico
08-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Today my ayurvedic therapist made something to me I had never done before. He covered my body with towels wet with a mixture of very hot water and essence oils. He also used candles to put the oil directly in my back and chest. It was an amazing experience... I feel very lucky to have these treatments with him.

Prasant K
13-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Ayurvedic retreats offer preventive and healing therapies along with methods of purification and rejuvenation. All the treatments and therapies are prescribed according to your body constitution. Ayurvedic spas usually offer treatments that last several days and provide accomodation and an ayurvedic diet. They provide treatments to cure all sorts of ailments and afflictions from acidity, acne and coughs to insomnia, rheumatism and stress.

dream jo
06-11-2017, 10:38 PM
no......................................