PDA

View Full Version : One question.

TomD
03-01-2011, 01:22 AM
When you are indulging in an Astral Projection, can you think straight? Or is it blurred thoughts like a dream?

For example, can you tell yourself what your doing, then think about what you just did or what you wish to do next.

Thanks muchly!

Tom. :hug3:

GregoryScott
03-01-2011, 01:40 AM
You will be completely conscious, just as you are now. The only difference is you’ll realize you are no longer governed by physical laws. You travel through the astral world by your will alone.

TomD
03-01-2011, 02:33 AM
You will be completely conscious, just as you are now. The only difference is you’ll realize you are no longer governed by physical laws. You travel through the astral world by your will alone.

Okay. Thank -you.

Spiritlite
03-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Man I wish I could AP...sometimes though I think I get very scared too. One time many years ago during reiki I started to feel like I was going through a tunnel and I was so scared I jerked out of it, now I regret that.
Spiritlite.

GregoryScott
03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Man I wish I could AP...sometimes though I think I get very scared too. One time many years ago during reiki I started to feel like I was going through a tunnel and I was so scared I jerked out of it, now I regret that.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite, I’d be willing to bet you are very close to AP. Just as Xan had mention in one of her posts, relaxation is Key! And it seems through your Reiki practice you’re at this point of separation or projection. And you are right; it is a little scary at first. I think because once you’re out, you can clearly see that this is a reality; and that you’re not dreaming. I was scared just like you said and I was doing exactly the same thing. I believe I finally trusted that this was really okay. I remembered that I’m not a physical body with a soul but a soul occupying a physical body; and this is who I am.

GregoryScott
03-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Okay. Thank -you.

You are very welcome TomD, I will try and help anyway I can.

Ivy
03-01-2011, 08:17 AM
When you are indulging in an Astral Projection, can you think straight? Or is it blurred thoughts like a dream?

For example, can you tell yourself what your doing, then think about what you just did or what you wish to do next.

Thanks muchly!

No, you cant tell yourself what youre doing or think about what you just did.

But the thoughts aren't blurred like a dream either.

When I am in this state, the conciousness is very clear but it is not thought....you are just aware of what is happening and the energies around you. It is those energies that conduct the experience, rather than your own thought.

Sira
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
When I go to deeper layers, the "one consciousness" ones, I lose all perception of time or me. It is only when I come back that I realize that some time passed and "I am", again. At those deeper levels, there is no perception, you just are, without awareness.

GregoryScott
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
When I go to deeper layers, the "one consciousness" ones, I lose all perception of time or me. It is only when I come back that I realize that some time passed and "I am", again. At those deeper levels, there is no perception, you just are, without awareness.

I have felt this through meditation but never through AP. Of course I’ve only projected a handful of times and my experiences were always quite lucid. I would consciously tell myself what to do then will it to happen. Such as move through walls, float or fly…

I am very interested in these levels you’ve experienced. Okay, for example, I’m already out of my body; I can see it lying there; I’m completely aware this is not a dream. At this point what do I do? I have never gone too far from my physical self. I’ve moved around my house, floated, moved through walls, flown around outside but was always too aware of my own body. Maybe that’s what was holding me back, I’m not sure…

GregoryScott
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
TomD, I apologize, I could be misusing the word "will", it's more of an understanding; you choose to do something then it happens. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Xan
03-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Tom... This is one of the aspects of astral projection that we can develop... clarity of mind. William Buhlman describes this in his books and has methods for doing it.

I recommend his second book "The Secret of the Soul" for answers to these kinds of questions, and some you may not have even thought of yet.

Xan

Lynn
04-01-2011, 12:11 AM

Thanks muchly!

Hello

Like in a dream one can direct the path, like in life one can direct a direction traveled. So be the same in Astral. It is what intensions one makes if its a controlled projection. If its a sudden one where ye are not maybe prepared to go then it can feel floaty but that too is an amazing feeling.

I be blessed in that I can think and Astral and still be here in the present moment in time. At time I just drift off.

Lynn

TomD
04-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Thats brilliant. Thank you for all your replies.

Xan, I have actually ordered two Astral Projection books from two different authors. Ill take a look at the one you recommended also. Thanks :)

Lynn, you say like a dream you can direct a path. In my opinion this doesnt happen, things just happen around you, you say and do things perhaps you wouldnt in real life. Do you mean Lucid Dreaming?

TomD

Xan
04-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Not answering for Lynn, but in astral projection and lucid dreaming we find ourselves where our Feeling leads us. Becoming more aware of your attitudes and feelings in each moment gives you more control over where you go and what you experience.

Xan

Lynn
04-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Thats brilliant. Thank you for all your replies.

Xan, I have actually ordered two Astral Projection books from two different authors. Ill take a look at the one you recommended also. Thanks :)

Lynn, you say like a dream you can direct a path. In my opinion this doesnt happen, things just happen around you, you say and do things perhaps you wouldnt in real life. Do you mean Lucid Dreaming?

Here I mean more in the Lucid Dream state. That more walking state of dreams. Too often have put in an idea on what I want from a dream. Instance is if I have started to see something I will ask at night to hopefully be taken back there. With deep sleep dreams they often I find are message dreams if one recalls them.

The favorite book I have on Astral Travel is Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce.

TomD

To me as well there is often I personally find a fine line between what is a Lucid Dream and what might well be an OBE happening. Only way to know for sure is to have the brain mapped in one's sleep to see what area is active.

Lynn

Xanth
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Simply put, how you are right this very second, is exactly how you'll be "there". :)

There should be very little difference in your awareness.

Lovely
04-01-2011, 10:26 PM
My AP are involuntary. But I remember them fully. It's a very weird experience
because I can float and manifest things. Yet it can be very scary too.