PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually 'live' your spiritual beliefs?

Terra Tourist
05-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Hi

I'm interested to know if you actually 'live' your spiritual beliefs.

Whatever your religion, belief system, philosophy, can you honestly say that you live by it and use it as a standard in your everyday life? Or does it sit in the back seat while you get on with the daily necessary tasks of life?

I know for some people it can't be easy in our times to follow some belief systems to the letter, so, how do you get around that?

Basically, do you see your spiritual beliefs as a part of your whole self, fully incorporated into your life? Or do you see it as a separate dual part of your life, which can only be used in certain circumstances.

Thanks

ocean breeze
05-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Is there a difference between spiritual beliefs and regular beliefs or do you believe all beliefs are spiritual?

As for me, no. I don't always live by my beliefs sometimes my actions contradict my beliefs. I can see that as an advantage at times as i am not as imprisoned by my beliefs. And i can look at a situation and do what i feel needs to be done rather than what i normally beliefs should be done. Sometimes it is a disadvantage for me as well. For example i believe it is important to face your fears but i don't always have the courage to do so. So yes i am a hypocrite at times. :smile:

Basically, do you see your spiritual beliefs as a part of your whole self, fully incorporated into your life? Or do you see it as a separate dual part of your life, which can only be used in certain circumstances.

Definitely the later. My beliefs don't rule my life.

Riboflavin
05-06-2015, 11:35 PM
No way, i'm a hypocrite.

I also don't personally know any human that isn't.

athribiristan
06-06-2015, 12:22 AM
Yes, every single day....all the time. I am my spiritual beliefs, there is zero distinction.

LadyMay
06-06-2015, 12:24 AM
There's nothing else in my life, to be honest. Spirituality is all of me.

Rah nam
06-06-2015, 06:41 AM
Is a belief still a belief if we live it? Or does it become our truth?
I certainly live according my truths which I call integrity.

durgaa
06-06-2015, 07:07 AM
There is nothing else worth living for IMO.
But, to truly live a Spiritual Life we need a 'Change in Consciousness', otherwise it's just religion or a belief system. Until we know who we really are, everything remains ordinary.

celest
06-06-2015, 07:08 AM
I try my best from moment to moment, thats all I can do really :smile:

Lorelyen
06-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Hi

Whatever your religion, belief system, philosophy, can you honestly say that you live by it and use it as a standard in your everyday life? Or does it sit in the back seat while you get on with the daily necessary tasks of life?

I know for some people it can't be easy in our times to follow some belief systems to the letter, so, how do you get around that?

Thanks

Crikey. Answer: yes. My life is my spiritually. I'm here in this material phase which has to be got through but it's all about spirit.

....oOo....

Ivy
06-06-2015, 07:37 AM
I don't follow or hold a belief system or philosophy.

I live life and look a little deeper at what it shows me, and sometimes I come across perspectives that people share from belief systems/philosophies, that resonate with what I've experienced myself.

So for me, the living experience comes first and the philosophy fits in with that, not the other way around.

LadyMay
06-06-2015, 08:18 AM
So for me, the living experience comes first and the philosophy fits in with that, not the other way around.

I like this, I was just thinking this actually. In my own life the 'beliefs' have followed the experience. I don't set myself rules and then try to follow them.

Ivy
06-06-2015, 08:41 AM
I like this, I was just thinking this actually. In my own life the 'beliefs' have followed the experience. I don't set myself rules and then try to follow them.

Terra Tourist
06-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Loving the replies so far! I had originally asked this because looking back, I recognise that my old belief system was something 'external' to me. It was a set of rules/instructions/tenets which I struggled to fit in to.

Now I have a more integrated beliefs system. No great laws or structures to adhere to, rather a flexible personal code which adds to my growth and understanding of my world. It changes with me. As I grow, it evolves too.

But that's just my experience. :)

Greenslade
06-06-2015, 10:26 AM
This has to be one of the mothers of all doozies when it comes to questions about Spirituality. The questions we ask, the beliefs we hold to and the answers we tell ourselves are the windows into our consciousness, this one doesn't just open a window it puts a bulldozer through the side of the house.

It's all Spirit - all of it - and if your Spirituality isn't what you live, if what you live isn't your Spirituality then what does that tell you? By all means tell yourself that separation and duality don't exist.