PDA

View Full Version : Gentle Reminder about a Passport

Lynn
18-05-2015, 01:40 AM
Hello

Today was a hard one for me. A good friend is loosing her Mom and she is in England. A simple document like an out dated passport keeps her and her husband from leaving right away to be there. While her Mom is not alone there is another daughter there and she is on life supports, it is so hard.

This was a good reminder that even though you do not plan to go on a vacation there are other reasons you might have to leave in a hurry on a journey as death its not always something your thinking will come rushing in. Even though I am not planning to go to England as I have my husband here now I am going to renew my passport as I might well have to go to be with his family in a time of need.

Simple things like this can help us when times get very hard.

Lynn

Belle
18-05-2015, 07:08 AM
I am sorry, I don't know what the procedures are like with you but in UK, you can get a new passport very very quick. Sure, there are forms to fill and photographs and have them verified by a professional, which does take time. But the service is pretty sympathetic and supportive of someone needing a passport.

It's always good tho to keep your passport as you say up to date. I hope your friend is able to make it over to see her mom.

celest
18-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Hello

Today was a hard one for me. A good friend is loosing her Mom and she is in England. A simple document like an out dated passport keeps her and her husband from leaving right away to be there. While her Mom is not alone there is another daughter there and she is on life supports, it is so hard
This was a good reminder that even though you do not plan to go on a vacation there are other reasons you might have to leave in a hurry on a journey as death its not always something your thinking will come rushing in. Even though I am not planning to go to England as I have my husband here now I am going to renew my passport as I might well have to go to be with his family in a time of need.

Simple things like this can help us when times get very hard.

Lynn

Sorry for your friend. Here in the UK we can get a ' fast track ' it's done in a day, mybe she can look into this but when your in such a situation you can't think straight, hope she gets sorted out and arrives to see her beloved Mum.