PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Spirituality

girlsearching
13-05-2015, 11:26 PM
All ancient cultures have animals they treasured and feared.
So I've heard cats are spiritual some people often afraid of small domesticated and Big cats but never give a clear explanation. Has anyon had an experience with cats in a spiritual/supernatural way. ?

I like Big Wild cats. I'm not sure why most people don't like small domesticated ones though, every culture has their sacred and feared animals. To me The Cheetah cat is my favorite I like their slender physique , and how their tails act like boat rudders when turning directions, and how make strides while running. I know this my sound weird but I have always thought because of the way cats walk is alluring.

saltmachine
14-05-2015, 04:27 AM
I’ve always had an affinity for cats, big and small.

I sometimes see my old cat roam around the house as a small shadow. At first, I think that it is my current cat, but then I glance over and see nothing there. :)

I’ve also had experiences with the cat goddess Bast. She usually talks to me in dreams, though every now and then I catch a glimpse of her in the corner of my eye. Once she appeared as an oversized domestic cat, but she mostly appears as a black panther or a lioness.

I don’t practice totemism, but I think that people can learn a few lessons from watching animals, cats included. Cats know how to relax anywhere, at any time. You can earn the affection and loyalty of one, but you will never truly own one. And, most importantly, they never forget to take the time to play.

Asrais
14-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I have always felt that cats walk the line between the physical world and the spiritual world. I think that is what makes some people fear them - when they look you in the eye and you just know that they are magickal beings and this freaks people out!

knightofalbion
14-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Yes, very psychic, spiritually attuned animals. Mind you, so are dogs. Many a dog will 'know' when its master has set out to come home long before there is any possible sight or sound to signify it.

LPC
14-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Cats have been revered since the days of ancient Egypt (and probably even before that). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cats_in_ancient_Egypt#Cats_in_Egyptian_religion

Their spirituality has long been recognised. However, this is not limited to cats, as Knight has rightly mentioned.

girlsearching
15-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I have always felt that cats walk the line between the physical world and the spiritual world. I think that is what makes some people fear them - when they look you in the eye and you just know that they are magickal beings and this freaks people out!

I have a friend who lives in the south, and her grandmother told her that "when a Cat looks at you or breath's on you they are stealing your soul". I like Dogs and Cats both sense I had both as pets. But I have always thought Big wild cats were amazing and majestic creatures. I feel a strong connection to cats because of Africa. Even though I know they are scattered throughout various countries on earth. Animals are intuitive .

girlsearching
15-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Yes, very psychic, spiritually attuned animals. Mind you, so are dogs. Many a dog will 'know' when its master has set out to come home long before there is any possible sight or sound to signify it.
yes Dogs are the same too. All animals can sense things that is unknown to us

Ravenspirit
15-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Ever since I can remember cats they've pretty much been a vocation for me. One of the first pics ever taken of me has me standing in my little baby shoes pointing at a cat in the window with this huge, excited grin on my face. I think that pic says it all. I was born to love cats. I'm convinced I served as some kind of cat oriented priestess in another life and was probably a cat lady type in several. I cannot live in a home without them. It's a non-negotiable aspect of my life the presence of cats in my life. All my life, I lay my head down to sleep and I have the most amazing dreams of cats, multitudes of them, wherever I go. In real life I am a cat magnet. Even the ferals walk right up to me and talk to me. I can be in the most odd places and a cat that needs a home will somehow find me. Cat is my first power animal. I have others, but Cat is always there at my side.

dream jo
03-06-2015, 01:44 PM
i luv cats i do thy so clevr cats is
evn ben folord by cats evn my brthr gets stary cats he ends up feeedin thm
my cat i thnk she can sea sprits i do she loooks up stairs she doze
i oftn thng sh can sea my dad she can or ohtr sprits it livd in hear coz nous im in wz buld in 180s 1880s it wz so its yrs old u cud say i luv old buildngs coz u r not alne

Tobi
11-06-2015, 01:02 AM
A cat I am looking after at a property down my lane, suddenly disappeared one day. The next day she was gone too. I was concerned and focused my thoughts on her a lot, trying to 'reach her'.
That night I had a vivid dream where I heard the cat meow and come running towards me as I walked through the gate to her house and garden. She came unexpectedly from a certain direction. She was absolutely fine and didn't look thinner or anything.

The next morning I went up to the house and that is exactly what happened. She came running from the same place I had seen her in the dream. She looked just as she'd looked in the dream and was fine.

I honestly think she 'heard' me silently calling to her and sent me a message that she was okay.

Howla Dark
11-06-2015, 06:19 AM
I absolutely LOVE cats :cat: :love1:
The goddess Freyja had large cats who pulled her chariot across the sky. She's a goddess of cats as well as many things including love and beauty.

The Cat is often associated with the goddesses and female divine power. Bastet is a cat goddess too.

dream jo
11-06-2015, 06:34 AM
I absolutely LOVE cats :cat: :love1:
The goddess Freyja had large cats who pulled her chariot across the sky. She's a goddess of cats as well as many things including love and beauty.

The Cat is often associated with the goddesses and female divine power. Bastet is a cat goddess too.

hi do 2
hears my cat

Howla Dark
11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
That is such a beautiful cat :D
I'll post my cat picture on here soon.

dream jo
11-06-2015, 02:06 PM
That is such a beautiful cat :D
I'll post my cat picture on here soon.

shes 15 now luvs 2 jum skare u she doze

LPC
11-06-2015, 02:34 PM
A cat I am looking after at a property down my lane, suddenly disappeared one day. The next day she was gone too. I was concerned and focused my thoughts on her a lot, trying to 'reach her'.
That night I had a vivid dream where I heard the cat meow and come running towards me as I walked through the gate to her house and garden. She came unexpectedly from a certain direction. She was absolutely fine and didn't look thinner or anything.

The next morning I went up to the house and that is exactly what happened. She came running from the same place I had seen her in the dream. She looked just as she'd looked in the dream and was fine.

I honestly think she 'heard' me silently calling to her and sent me a message that she was okay.
Tobi, that is really impressive. More of this, please! :D I would take my hat off to you - only I don't wear hats, LOL!

dream jo
11-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Tobi, that is really impressive. More of this, please! :D I would take my hat off to you - only I don't wear hats, LOL!

is yore profle pic yore dog coz she/he seasm a happy 1

TheFish
11-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I have a massive spiritual connection with cats I cannot explain in words at this current moment. Maybe one day...

dream jo
11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
I have a massive spiritual connection with cats I cannot explain in words at this current moment. Maybe one day...

me 2 cats cum me stat awayy thy do or thy can smell my cats sent on me

Tobi
11-06-2015, 04:50 PM
hi do 2
hears my cat

What a nice little cat dream jo! Black cats are supposed to be lucky!:angel10:

Tobi
11-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Neither do I. I hate hats. Only wear them when it goes colder than minus 10.
In that instance I think it was more the cat's doing than mine. I was just a good 'receiver' at that moment! :D

dream jo
11-06-2015, 05:01 PM
What a nice little cat dream jo! Black cats are supposed to be lucky!:angel10:

thnx she 15 luvs 2 lik humenss belve or not i no wen she lics her tungs so ruff it is u can lol u can
she caled lucy
wen my dad wz alve he wud call her liky lucy lolcoz she wud lik hin nn stp

Tobi
11-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Lucy looks in good shape for age 15! I'm sure she gets lots of love.

"Licky Lucy"! haha. Yes, cats' tongues are very rough. I have seen a magnified cat's tongue, and they are covered with tiny hooks! I think they are designed to be combs for their fur. (?)

"Lucy" means "Light". (I think)

dream jo
11-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Lucy looks in good shape for age 15! I'm sure she gets lots of love.

"Licky Lucy"! haha. Yes, cats' tongues are very rough. I have seen a magnified cat's tongue, and they are covered with tiny hooks! I think they are designed to be combs for their fur. (?)

"Lucy" means "Light". (I think)

she is

she pursssssssssssssssssss lod 2 she doze luvs 2 beg

Tanemon
11-06-2015, 07:10 PM
This is an interesting page from my life, a story about a cat and his connection with unseen, deep energy realities.

I had had a lengthy involvement with meditation, and then I became interested in energetic/spiritual healing. I got into Reiki and other things. One time I’d arranged for a powerful healer (i.e., strong healing channel) to work on me in the upstairs of our house.

So I should mention that we had a vigorous but skittish and phobic pet cat in our house, probably about five years old at the time. The cat would only sleep in certain obscure places because he was so timid toward the word in certain ways and had a strong, easily triggered self-preservation instinct. Extremely frightened by thunder, for example. So he would never sprawl on the floor (even in out cat-lovers’ home) for a nap in any room, apparently feeling too vulnerable.

Back to the healing… This was the latest in a series of healings I’d had that made a huge difference in my life. It seemed to be an extremely deep-going and effective healing, though unfortunately releasing stresses and issues that seemed to be transferred to our pet cat, who was in the house at the time.

The first indication when I came down from upstairs in the house was that in a matter of an hour the cat's behavior had changed, though at first there was nothing about it that seemed like a bad change. In fact, the cat was sprawled out in the middle of the kitchen floor, more or less in from of the fridge. Totally and deeply relaxed. I can’t tell you how unusual that was for this particular cat! In the following days, he turned out to no longer be terrified of thunder.

However, this is also a sad story. I’ve always found it a little hard to tell it, because my partner and I like cats very much… but I'll press on.

In the following weeks and months, the cat's health deteriorated, The vet could not determine the nature of his issues, and finally the cat just died. He gave every indication of having taken on an energy, shall we say, from the hour in which my healing happened.

It’s recounted in the New Testament of the Bible, and perhaps other ancient and modern writings, that certain healing actions can transfer yucky stuff elsewhere. Seems that cats have some deep sensitivity or connection to the etheric levels of human realities.

ajay00
12-06-2015, 10:00 AM
This is an interesting page from my life, a story about a cat and his connection with unseen, deep energy realities.

I had had a lengthy involvement with meditation, and then I became interested in energetic/spiritual healing. I got into Reiki and other things. One time I’d arranged for a powerful healer (i.e., strong healing channel) to work on me in the upstairs of our house.

So I should mention that we had a vigorous but skittish and phobic pet cat in our house, probably about five years old at the time. The cat would only sleep in certain obscure places because he was so timid toward the word in certain ways and had a strong, easily triggered self-preservation instinct. Extremely frightened by thunder, for example. So he would never sprawl on the floor (even in out cat-lovers’ home) for a nap in any room, apparently feeling too vulnerable.

Back to the healing… This was the latest in a series of healings I’d had that made a huge difference in my life. It seemed to be an extremely deep-going and effective healing, though unfortunately releasing stresses and issues that seemed to be transferred to our pet cat, who was in the house at the time.

The first indication when I came down from upstairs in the house was that in a matter of an hour the cat's behavior had changed, though at first there was nothing about it that seemed like a bad change. In fact, the cat was sprawled out in the middle of the kitchen floor, more or less in from of the fridge. Totally and deeply relaxed. I can’t tell you how unusual that was for this particular cat! In the following days, he turned out to no longer be terrified of thunder.

However, this is also a sad story. I’ve always found it a little hard to tell it, because my partner and I like cats very much… but I'll press on.

In the following weeks and months, the cat's health deteriorated, The vet could not determine the nature of his issues, and finally the cat just died. He gave every indication of having taken on an energy, shall we say, from the hour in which my healing happened.

It’s recounted in the New Testament of the Bible, and perhaps other ancient and modern writings, that certain healing actions can transfer yucky stuff elsewhere. Seems that cats have some deep sensitivity or connection to the etheric levels of human realities.

I had also recently read in a book that pets somehow take in the bad karma of their masters which manifests in illnesses. This is what must have happened.

Thank you for putting this over here.

dream jo
12-06-2015, 10:25 AM
cats hav way of nwo thy do my cat doze she doze
iv tort her 2 ask fr her treets
beg for her treets lk a dog can
or aks wish nad is in by let her lik my hand or put her noze on my hand she gets it rht alll tim she doze

Berry
16-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Dream Jo, your Lucy is adorable! How neat that she can beg for treats like a dog. :D I have a black cat too. Her name is Luna and she looks a lot like Lucy.

After Luna and Toby cats came into our lives, my kids started seeing black masses, globs. It was quite scary for them until the mass manifested into a black cat. I learned from a couple of friends that the black cat is a new guide that came into our lives to protect the kittens and our family.

Tanemon
16-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Dream Jo, your Lucy is adorable! How neat that she can beg for treats like a dog. :D I have a black cat too. Her name is Luna and she looks a lot like Lucy.

After Luna and Toby cats came into our lives, my kids started seeing black masses, globs. It was quite scary for them until the mass manifested into a black cat. I learned from a couple of friends that the black cat is a new guide that came into our lives to protect the kittens and our family.
A very interesting post. But your description leaves me curious... How did the manifestation of the black cat happen? What was the incident? IOW, did the black blobs amount to a portent of you coming across an available black kitten? Or did one of the blobs simply materialize into a black cat? :confused: :D

By the way, we now have a big three-year-old Mainecoon cat who acts like a dog in certain ways. Besides being clownish, recklessly curious, friendly, physically capable, and determined, he's one who will follow one or both of us around like a dog.

dream jo
16-06-2015, 02:13 PM

thy grt cats thy lern triks lk dogs do thy do i luv it wen she gesses hnd her treets in u shud try it wth yore cat sea if she gets it rht

Howla Dark
18-06-2015, 11:01 AM
This is Boo Boo. He's very funny and naughty.

dream jo
18-06-2015, 01:04 PM

yep he loooks it bt so cte cutee he is

dream jo
18-06-2015, 01:06 PM

ths pics few yrs go wear my cat lucy is wear sh shud be on clim on bastr she wz

Faith33
18-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Howla Dark, BooBoo is adorable! just gorgeous.
Dream jo, your cat is enchanting! Those eyes....

I would have named her "Midnight"...lol

dream jo
18-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Howla Dark, BooBoo is adorable! just gorgeous.
Dream jo, your cat is enchanting! Those eyes....

I would have named her "Midnight"...lol

hi no wen wind is hi she goz a bit loopy so few tims my dad ud 2 call her liky luy coz sjes a likr or sum tims she hets calld loopppy lucy not bad fr a 15 yr ol cat

Howla Dark
18-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Your cat Lucy is so beautiful :smile:

dream jo
18-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Your cat Lucy is so beautiful :smile:

thnx she nz she iz coz she vers her slf in mirrrer she doze or sum tms thnx is anr cat hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss goz mad wen she sea anr cat she doze hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
lol

Berry
24-06-2015, 02:48 PM
A very interesting post. But your description leaves me curious... How did the manifestation of the black cat happen? What was the incident? IOW, did the black blobs amount to a portent of you coming across an available black kitten? Or did one of the blobs simply materialize into a black cat? :confused: :D

By the way, we now have a big three-year-old Mainecoon cat who acts like a dog in certain ways. Besides being clownish, recklessly curious, friendly, physically capable, and determined, he's one who will follow one or both of us around like a dog.

My kids have always had the ability to see certain types of energies, my son particularly auras. I believe the black mass appeared around the time the kittens arrived. It might have been before, I can't remember. I do have it in my space. I really should jot down events in my journal. Anyway, the black shadow/mass started appearing in the foyer and some other spots. As my kids got accustomed to seeing it, the appearance became clearer. Less fear = more clarity for them. This black mass is not to be confused with other black shadows at home. That's another story. My son claimed the cat to be male, as did a member here and another medium friend. They were able to communicate with it and found out it is our cat guide. That was confirmation for me. I was also blessed to be able to see it with my physical eyes as well as in a photo. My daughter also saw a gray blob or mass around the same time and it was in our garage. For some reason, my son cannot see it, nor can I. It materialized into a gray cat. She sees the same cat roaming in our house every now and then. She's a cat person so it's not uncommon for her to see cat spirits in our home. They mutually attract each other.

Your Maine Coon cat is adorable! We've had cats that liked to play fetch or sit by our feet. They are doglike at times. :D

dream jo
24-06-2015, 02:51 PM
My kids have always had the ability to see certain types of energies, my son particularly auras. I believe the black mass appeared around the time the kittens arrived. It might have been before, I can't remember. I do have it in my space. I really should jot down events in my journal. Anyway, the black shadow/mass started appearing in the foyer and some other spots. As my kids got accustomed to seeing it, the appearance became clearer. Less fear = more clarity for them. This black mass is not to be confused with other black shadows at home. That's another story. My son claimed the cat to be male, as did a member here and another medium friend. They were able to communicate with it and found out it is our cat guide. That was confirmation for me. I was also blessed to be able to see it with my physical eyes as well as in a photo. My daughter also saw a gray blob or mass around the same time and it was in our garage. For some reason, my son cannot see it, nor can I. It materialized into a gray cat. She sees the same cat roaming in our house every now and then. She's a cat person so it's not uncommon for her to see cat spirits in our home. They mutually attract each other.

Your Maine Coon cat is adorable! We've had cats that liked to play fetch or sit by our feet. They are doglike at times. :D

my cat sits on my feeet or trw a toy she get go gt it she will liks lk a dog 2 she doze i thngs its gon 2 sond 2 hrd 2 belev it iz i thgn sum tims she can spirts in house she can

LadyMay
24-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Sometimes I talk telepathically to my cat. He seems to be more sensitive to that than verbalisation.

dream jo
24-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Sometimes I talk telepathically to my cat. He seems to be more sensitive to that than verbalisation.

i thng cats no mnre thn we do

LadyMay
24-06-2015, 04:42 PM
i thng cats no mnre thn we do

Definitely! A lot of animals are more intelligent than humans are but we tend to be too arrogant to see it or admit it.

Berry
24-06-2015, 09:22 PM
my cat sits on my feeet or trw a toy she get go gt it she will liks lk a dog 2 she doze i thngs its gon 2 sond 2 hrd 2 belev it iz i thgn sum tims she can spirts in house she can

I believe they do too and that's why my mom fears cats.

dream jo
24-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Definitely! A lot of animals are more intelligent than humans are but we tend to be too arrogant to see it or admit it.

i thng if petss cud speek thy wud tell wish sprit is cumn thru i thng i no it sonds nuts bit its way it lookw en thy look at us v sum thgn 2 tell u wth h is ears u cud say

girlsearching
04-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Animals are institutive creatures, there so much we don't know about them.