PDA

View Full Version : Pranic Nourishment

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Anyone have any experience with this? The basic idea is that you can nourish yourself from prana (a sort of life energy) instead of eating. I've recently been told by my inner guide that I should practice this, and it already makes so much sense. Just digging into it now, I realize that I usually eat out of a sense of routine and my boredom (wanting to taste something good), and not because I'm actually hungry.

celest
06-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Anyone have any experience with this? The basic idea is that you can nourish yourself from prana (a sort of life energy) instead of eating. I've recently been told by my inner guide that I should practice this, and it already makes so much sense. Just digging into it now, I realize that I usually eat out of a sense of routine and my boredom (wanting to taste something good), and not because I'm actually hungry.

I hope your inner guide is there to help you as you become very, very ill.

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Celest:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/indian-man-survives-without-food-and-water-baffles-doctors

Make unsupported assumptions much?

Cheesus Toast
06-05-2015, 04:10 PM
From what I understand "Prana" is the sanscrit word for life force - or simply air. Air is nourishing you because you breath naturally anyway. It is not a replacement for food. Not that I am suggesting that you are saying that necessarily, but it is not entirely clear what you mean.

I think Celest is possibly thinking the same thing.

celest
06-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Celest:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/indian-man-survives-without-food-and-water-baffles-doctors

Please don't believe everything you find on the internet.

athribiristan
06-05-2015, 04:15 PM
This is doable. I haven't given up food completely yet but my intake is waaaay down; certainly not enough calories for the type of work I do. My approach was to never eat until I was full. Eat but always make sure you stop while still hungry. Don't expect instant results but if you stick with it you can get there. Don't listen to the doubters, just because it isn't possible for them doesn't mean we can't do it. There are documented cases of people who no longer eat.

LadyMay
06-05-2015, 04:17 PM
It's possible, very much so. But you have to be entirely emotionally cleansed for this to work. At the point where we are at we can eat less and sustain ourselves partially on light energy, but definitely not fully. Unless you are a fully soul embodied sixth dimensional being living on earth, which is rare.

I have thought about completely stopping eating myself but have so far settled for one dinner a day with a little fruit snack in the afternoon. I actually feel better than I ever have in my life, except for when I eat foods with high starch and sugar content and then I feel terrible as I realise now my body doesn't need it. I find protein to be the most important food.

When I asked my soul about this I was told the human body was originally designed for this type of self-sustainability, but we are just too far stuck in negativity to allow it. In order to switch fully to a crystalline body one has to become a clear vessel for the DNA to fully tap into this ability.

I have also done some research on this, of note are two people, one was actually the one you posted (just clicked it now), second is a boy who meditated under a tree 24/7 for six or seven years and ate or drank nothing as he was seeking enlightenment. Neither went to the toilet.

Most people who try this will be putting their health at risk because it really does take great ability and full light body embodiment, but it is possible and it's something I would like to accomplish in this life.

Cheesus Toast
06-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Celest:

(I cannot post urls yet - your link here :wink: )

Right, now I know what you are on about. I have read about this in a book by Richard Hittleman. I believe he would possibly refer to the guy as a fakir (Hindu I think). Kind of like a show-off (or something along those lines).

I do not get the impression that Yoga is intended to impress people with amazing feats. I would be inclined to suggest that one uses it to enrich one's life. It is up to you what you do of course and I am not claiming expertise here - simply observation.

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Hi Cheesus, Prana as I understand it has a much broader definition. But I'm by no means an expert. In any case, the reasoning behind my approach is that there is a life force in the universe that can sustain us without food.

Celest, thanks for the advice, but I don't believe everything I read. But you might be interested to know that the source I provided you with (National Post, Canada) had an average weekly circulation of over 1 million copies in 2012. And it's hardly a sensationalist tabloid, even if it's conservative. (Nobody's perfect.) And the quote within the article is from Agencie France Presse, which is hardly known as a bastion of journalistic inaccuracy. So why don't you just back down and admit that these things exist?

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Athri. :)

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
That's great to hear Scarlett. Sounds like a good road forward.

And yeah Cheesus, maybe the guy got caught up in his ego or something. Or maybe it's just some positive PR for his way of life. Who knows?

Cheesus Toast
06-05-2015, 05:22 PM
I have a tendency to try to find simplicity. I read through your thread about light activation as well - there is a lot of complexity. I am not criticising - just pondering. I am not in any way claiming to know something that you do not. I have just always had a tendency to believe that existence can be reduced down to very simplistic factors.

I have depressive issues and I admit that I do not meditate much at all. In fact, I think that when I have meditated more I have had a tendency to relapse into severe depression. Recently I have come as close as what I could have come to suicide because I just want to be free of this physical world... at least for now. Actually, I just want to be rid of this body.

I am trying to make sense of everything.

I am rambling...

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Not to worry. :) Not taken as criticism at all. I think that the spiritual path is very individual, and I just happen to have a complex mind. But at the heart of my path, it's all about Love -- how to actualize it in the best way possible. And for me, the complexity's fun!

BTW, I just posted in your thread about mental illness. But I also want to say that I'm so sorry to hear about your recent bout with suicide. And my advice, in addition to what I say in the other thread, is to connect in whatever way you can with the force of Love. Talk to it. Literally. Let it come into your life and support you. In my experience, things become magical. We're living in a very special time, and I think you can become a part of that.

"The darkest hour comes before the dawn." :)

Lucyan28
06-05-2015, 06:08 PM
It's possible, very much so. But you have to be entirely emotionally cleansed for this to work. At the point where we are at we can eat less and sustain ourselves partially on light energy, but definitely not fully. Unless you are a fully soul embodied sixth dimensional being living on earth, which is rare.

I have thought about completely stopping eating myself but have so far settled for one dinner a day with a little fruit snack in the afternoon. I actually feel better than I ever have in my life, except for when I eat foods with high starch and sugar content and then I feel terrible as I realise now my body doesn't need it. I find protein to be the most important food.

When I asked my soul about this I was told the human body was originally designed for this type of self-sustainability, but we are just too far stuck in negativity to allow it. In order to switch fully to a crystalline body one has to become a clear vessel for the DNA to fully tap into this ability.

I have also done some research on this, of note are two people, one was actually the one you posted (just clicked it now), second is a boy who meditated under a tree 24/7 for six or seven years and ate or drank nothing as he was seeking enlightenment. Neither went to the toilet.

Most people who try this will be putting their health at risk because it really does take great ability and full light body embodiment, but it is possible and it's something I would like to accomplish in this life.

Scarlett don't you miss chocolate cakes or cookies? :smile:

Lucyan28
06-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Otiose I think it is possible to nourish only from energy (prana)

What we truly believe is what we manifest in our reality :)

You should practice health tests periodically. Having low hemoglobin is a nasty situation.

celest
06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi Cheesus, Prana as I understand it has a much broader definition. But I'm by no means an expert. In any case, the reasoning behind my approach is that there is a life force in the universe that can sustain us without food.
Celest, thanks for the advice, but I don't believe everything I read. But you might be interested to know that the source I provided you with (National Post, Canada) had an average weekly circulation of over 1 million copies in 2012. And it's hardly a sensationalist tabloid, even if it's conservative. (Nobody's perfect.) And the quote within the article is from Agencie France Presse, which is hardly known as a bastion of journalistic inaccuracy. So why don't you just back down and admit that these things exist?

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Athri. :)

No sorry i,m not admitting that this exist's. I first read about this man many years ago and it turned out to be fake. Dr Shah is not a very reputable character.Every few years this story seems to come out of the woodwork but nobody has been allowed to read the data collected.I respect your choice to follow your inner guide but I do not believe this story myself.

LadyMay
06-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Scarlett don't you miss chocolate cakes or cookies? :smile:

Not really, actually I've found I have no desire to eat such things anymore. Though I never had a sweet tooth to begin with anyway.

On this diet lettuce is the most delicious part of my diet. Sounds strange but true. It's what my body truly needs.

Lucyan28
06-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Not really, actually I've found I have no desire to eat such things anymore. Though I never had a sweet tooth to begin with anyway.

On this diet lettuce is the most delicious part of my diet. Sounds strange but true. It's what my body truly needs.

That's really interesting Scarlett it's the healthiest way to live, I'm glad you can do it :angel8:

For me it's too late, I have a big sugar tooth and I was born with sugar, chocolate and caffeine :tongue:

OtioseDodge
06-05-2015, 08:25 PM
That's funny Celest, I haven't found a single article substantially questioning Shah's credibility or exposing the yogi as a fake. There's this Indian rationalist organization who were making noises about not being invited to independently verify the process, but it sounds to me like, in part, they were basically jockeying for position in the media circus. And they expressed outrage that "government officials and scientists" could be duped by the yogi -- there's a self-reinforcing delusion if I've ever heard one. There were obviously incredulous reactions from the mainstream scientific community, but that's not surprising. As for the in-depth analysis not being made public, seems to me that that lends credence to the yogi being able to do it. Wouldn't it make perfect sense that the powers that be would want the information classified in order to get exclusive "rights" to it for military applications, etc.? Hence the lack of independent verification. What would they gain from not making the results public if they were inconclusive?

ajay00
07-05-2015, 07:38 AM

In the Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda has documented the cases of Therese Neumann and Giri Bala, who were able to live without consumption of food. He personally visited these two and interviewed them.

I remember reading the case of a hatha yogi who was buried alive for many years, and who was taken out by unsuspecting workmen digging the ground.

After being taken out and massaged for some time, he started breathing and became conscious. Maharaja Ranjit Singh , who was the ruler of that place at that time period, examined him and rewarded him generously for his prowess. This was around three centuries back.

It is possible that a highly trained hatha yogi can live for long periods of time without food nourishing himself through prana. But it requires advanced techniques which may not be available in modern times.

Finally even the oldest hatha yogi eventually dies and have to give up the body . I have not encountered anything that refutes this.

Nature Grows
07-05-2015, 08:14 AM
I saw something about this once, a indian holy man confused doctors because he claimed to have not drunk or eaten in 70 years so they tested him. Here I just quickly looked up a video about it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGF7EY2Ucm8

naturesflow
07-05-2015, 01:33 PM

When you look at the mind, body spirit as one whole connection, there is room for a holistic approach of care in this way. You can nourish yourself in many ways, and I like to take the approach of listening to my gut as to what my body needs each day.

Many people eat according to their heads, where as listening directly to the gut/core/sacral you can learn to eat more in harmony with you as you are and what you need to support your whole self.

Same goes with all self care or support in all other ways you may need.

I am currently eating more raw foods which suits where I am at now in myself overall. This in affect, has been a window into understanding more clearly what my body is asking for to nourish itself. I can feel what my body wants when its more clean and clear in other ways too.

jorddy
07-05-2015, 01:47 PM
When you look at the mind, body spirit as one whole connection, there is room for a holistic approach of care in this way. You can nourish yourself in many ways, and I like to take the approach of listening to my gut as to what my body needs each day.

Many people eat according to their heads, where as listening directly to the gut/core/sacral you can learn to eat more in harmony with you as you are and what you need to support your whole self.

Same goes with all self care or support in all other ways you may need.

I am currently eating more raw foods which suits where I am at now in myself overall. This in affect, has been a window into understanding more clearly what my body is asking for to nourish itself. I can feel what my body wants when its more clean and clear in other ways too.

I'm curious, how do you listen to your gut/core/sacral?

OtioseDodge
07-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for their replies/suggestions.

And yes Nature, we talked about the case of the yogi, which turned out to be... controversial for Celest. But I think it's clear that it's bona fide.

naturesflow
08-05-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm curious, how do you listen to your gut/core/sacral?

Pause, listen, hone your instincts=intuition

If you look at yourself as a complete source within and if your listening to the inner voice that relates all information we need to integrate our whole self, then everything is within through the core of self, or our true self.

I used gut, core, sacral, because I believe that it is the source that reflects, the place where we take in and digest our food/nourishment for our physical needs. Where we also digest our emotional needs through the sacral chakra/energy centre of the body. And the core I relate to the soul level, where the whole integrates to flow through the heart and soul as one.

If your balanced in all three, then the body will naturally speak through the whole to find what you need to build a deeper source or connection from within.

To me in essence we are a pure source, it makes sense to me, to eat foods that are natural and alive, to support the natural source within. Finding supportive energy healing connections that keep our chi moving and flowing more freely when out of balance or seeking to open and flow more readily through any of the spiritual centres that may be unbalanced.

I can attune to my own body at any level as I can with others. The more clear I am flowing in my own body, the more clear I can read others intuitively on any level also.