PDA

View Full Version : Most Haunted

violetmay
05-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Last week and this, I started watching Most Haunted. So what you say, we are all curious and open minded about Ghosts etc so why post. Well I thought I was so cool and open minded and o.k with it, or my own hauntings, that it was o.k. I end up spooked after watching this. Now I know it's all staged to a degree..

a) Family is being harrased by ghosts phones programme.
Show a reconstruction of what family see/feel.
b) Team check it out, pyshic Mia goes in.
c) Paranormal expert goes in.
d) Scientist go in.
d) At midnight they see what happens.
e) Next day it is banished.

Right all rational, a trouble poltergeist was sent on into the next realm last night, but it was the reconstruction that spooked me.. and when it didn't actually concur with the detail of the reconstruction I was relieved. I didn't doubt he was a real poltergeist.. but in staging a show like this.. it feels odd and sensationalised.

Also no knocking Mia the pyshic, sure is she is gifted psychic, but sometimes again it is staged and her feedback doesn't ring right...sorry if anyone knows her as I say don't doubt her talents... but these people are scared witless by the ghosts in their house, and when she says he's standing right next to you... they say.. oh yes I can feel it now... I wonder...

The bit that gives me the spooks at the end presenter says, hautings are on the increase, people in your street your friends etc are being hauted right now... sleep well. Sleep well.... I need a stong cocoa after!!! Think I will stick to it as I know it.

devolution
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
LOL... My sister is hooked on this programme...
IMHO I feel sad that this is one of the most watched programmes on Satellite, and some people actually believe it to be real.

The language of the presenters is immature, and I feel the programme degrades the legitimacy of real psychics and paranormal investigations.

It recently was investigated by OFCOM (see: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=313688) as some people complained...

They should clearly state "This programme is for entertainment only. Events were staged and/or exaggerated. This is not a paranormal investigation."...

What do some of our clairvoyant members feel about this programme? Or do you think I take things too seriously?

violetmay
07-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi...

Thanks for that reply... It was the clairvoyant in me that questioned the rehe****d tecnhnique and persuasive language used to suggest things to the punters. Don't doubt the pyschic is real, but in the aim to just get a show out, it's not all real. I really shouldn't watch it.. it's just a spook 'em and sensationalisation... Think would rather watch medium or our equivalent which are tv fiction but nearer the mark!

tx

nickmellor33
07-09-2006, 02:19 PM
i too used to watch most haunted regularly until for me it became a farce and i agree with devolution the programme actually makes people think that all psychics and paranormal investigations are fake it made me t hink that until i started hearing voices for myself and i came on here and got answers the were real and true ........the worst fake of all imo is derek acorah who i read alot about and ive heard he's been on stage and he got found out .....

im sorry if i have upset people on here with what i say but i am desperate for personal reasons to know all the psychic stuff is real ......

chi chi
07-09-2006, 09:39 PM
hi nick i agree with what you say about most haunted but i use to watch derek acorah when he did a one to one and found him to be quite a good medium but i do think he has spoiled his self by doing most haunted but saying that you never know how much they have cut out of the shows because they never seem to get anything wrong which i find strange cos nobody is 100% but they do say its for entertainment at the beginning xxx

Aqua
13-09-2006, 01:36 PM
hi everyone i do agree in what most of you say but like chi chi says no ones 100% since i read this i havent watch derek acorah iv found a new program witch is quite good its called haunted homes witch i think is really injoyable to watch and interesting xxxxxx

chi chi
13-09-2006, 07:49 PM
hi aqua i have seen all haunted homes not quite sure what ti think about it but i did enjoy watching them anyway but what puzzles me is they have other people going in to rid spirit priests mediums etc... but this woman they send in must be a miracle worker cos she always comes out on top not once does she not manage to rid these spirits so again sorry she isnt 100% either xxx

Aqua
13-09-2006, 07:58 PM
i do agree in some ways but some things they do again they look staged but it amazes me how many psychics are out there, the man who gose in last i think is brilliant as he dosent always agree with her as the house is either old and should make noises or yeh there is paranormal things going on. xxx

chi chi
13-09-2006, 08:05 PM
yeah but have you honestly come across psychics who do agree cos spirit will show itself one way or another to 1 person but not another so you can have 2 psychics in 1 room and both pick up on different energies good programme on saturday what you will really enjoy n thats AFTER LIFE i saw the 1st series its an excellent programme 1 not to be missed xxxx

Aqua
13-09-2006, 08:14 PM
yeah what times it on and what channel is it on? Ill have to have a watch and ill let you no what i think i do agree with what you said as well but i think you put one psychic in a room then switch over i bet the second one will pick a few things up that the firsat one did but put it in a different way or even lets say the house there doing is built in 1876, one could pick up the past life from then and the other lets say in 1896, in witch case means they pickt up different dates but same house if you get me drift? xxx

chi chi
13-09-2006, 08:22 PM
yeah i get you AFTERLIFE is on at 9 on itv1 its a drama but really bet you get hooked my hubby dont like anything paranormal but he watches that and enjoys it its about a medium wont say anything else dont want to spoil it for you the last series is being shown at 10 on itv3 if you can get it hope you can xxxxx

Aqua
13-09-2006, 08:25 PM
what days?

chi chi
13-09-2006, 08:28 PM
tonight and everyday watch it aqua you will enjoy it xxxxx

Aqua
13-09-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks ill give it ago im going off now its been nice talking to you but kundalini whants to come on now as iv had my time? see you soon ?Aqua xxx

chi chi
13-09-2006, 08:33 PM
nice talking to you aqua enjoy the programme n tell k clear his pm's couldnt send him message speak soon mrs k xxxxxx

kundalini
13-09-2006, 09:52 PM
nice talking to you aqua enjoy the programme n tell k clear his pm's couldnt send him message speak soon mrs k xxxxxx

Hi chi chi, I can't understand why you cannot send me a message as my inbox is not at maximum capacity?

Kundalini.

chi chi
13-09-2006, 09:57 PM
it says your inbox is full and wont send i have been pm others so i know its not mine
love chi xxxxx

kundalini
13-09-2006, 10:00 PM
it says your inbox is full and wont send i have been pm others so i know its not mine
love chi xxxxx

Hi chi chi, it really isn't full but I have deleted some messages that were in there. Would you like to try again. Kundalini.

chi chi
13-09-2006, 10:02 PM
will do xxx

chi chi
13-09-2006, 10:10 PM
NO WONT GO K SAYS YOU HAVE EXCEEDED THE LIMIT anyway will say it her 2day C.I.D. questioned my m8 about the tenants that live in her old house the 1 you described in my reading anyway the C.I.D. were from LINCOLN ring any bells for you k? xxxx

kundalini
13-09-2006, 10:12 PM
NO WONT GO K SAYS YOU HAVE EXCEEDED THE LIMIT anyway will say it her 2day C.I.D. questioned my m8 about the tenants that live in her old house the 1 you described in my reading anyway the C.I.D. were from LINCOLN ring any bells for you k? xxxx

Lol, well, maybe I did misinterpret the information I was given! Quite amazing though. I will delete all messages in my inbox now, I have 83 at present. K.

chi chi
13-09-2006, 10:14 PM
i av about same dnt no why they wnt will try again in a min

Lee
27-10-2006, 04:31 PM
This short film shows Yvette Fielding faking a noise then recording it to make out it's the noise of a spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlvphVWskOg

This film shows Yvette Fielding trying to manipulate an ouija board glass, and i finger slipping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGzoVkbNsH8

I still believe most haunted still has it's noises ghosts etc, and sometimes the program or ghosts may go a little dry so they cheat very slightly....maybe for the fear of the program going off air, and they all have rent to pay and mouths to feed:rolleyes:

kundalini
27-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Interesting videoes Lee. I could not make much of the first video but in the second video, Yvette's finger most definetely does slip off the glass.

Kundalini.

~Jay~
27-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I've got to be brutally honest and say that Most Haunted makes me cringe. Not with fear, but with the knowledge of how fake most of it is! Oh, and Yvette Fielding's eyes on the night-vision camera look like they are about to pop out of their sockets too - yuk!

Phoebie
27-10-2006, 08:41 PM
My husband used to watch Most Haunted and I used to cringe!

I have never disputed the ability of mediums and psychics but this show is an absolute farce IMO.

Lee
31-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Did anyone watch most haunted live sunday night and monday night. I watched last nights program on tape this morning, only watched an hour though, but scratches were appearing on the crew/team, then the scratches turned into nasty gashes what a poltergiest were inflicting on them ,that needed paramedic attention, and stitches in the wounds. There was alot of emotions and Yvette Fielding was crying , and the team decided they had to leave the place 20 minutes before the show was due to end, because of the teams safety. On sunday night one of the riggers stuart had a fight with Carl Beatty, Yvettes husband. He charged at Carl into a table of bottles like a rugby player, and pulled him around like a rag doll until it were broken up by security. Think i'll have to get tonights most haunted taped.

~Jay~
31-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Really? :icon_eek:

I was already thinking of watching tonight's episode simply because it's Halloween and I was wondering what they'd be getting up to on there, but now I'm doubly tempted to watch! :D

daisy
31-10-2006, 09:30 PM
hmmm i don't watch any of these so i can't comment

~Jay~
01-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Well I still didn't make it past the first half an hour I'm afraid. All that knocking going on whilst they were interviewing Yvette and David Wells at the beginning - I just can't take it seriously! Doesn't help when the other half is sitting there guffawing really loudly and sarcastically every couple of minutes either! :D

Lee
01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I had three minutes of it taped last night ! i hear i didn't miss much though

celtic_cutty
20-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Last year I went to see Derek live...I know..I was afool..Unbelievable..Pure fake..As for that programme words cant describe how awful it is...Is it any wonder that some people dont believe in spirits and mediums and such...Sorry but I had to have my say on the fake..

Lee
20-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I believe Derek Acorah does fake it sometimes, but i dont believe he is a total fake. Some places may just be cold at the point of time the team arrive (you cant always have a full net of fish) i think a majority of people would be pushed into making a few odd noises, and come up with pre-knowledge , for the worry of the show going off air. He was quite accurate on the three mediums with Colin Fry and Tony Stockwell. The trouble with derek is that he is very theatrical and a little ridiculed because of his OVER-ACTING

MEDIUM RATING:

Colin Fry 9-10
Tony Stockwell 8-10
Derek acorah 6-10
John Edward 9-10 (goes on a bit )
James Von Prague 4-10 (if anyone is a fake it's this guy)

celtic_cutty
01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Fair enough Lee..But surely having an audience in one of the most spiritual places in the world(Ireland)he could have picked something up..The man made an idiot of himself...He told 2 of my dear friends that they were pregnant sadly they cannt have kids..I could go on but you get the gist..He gives genuine mediums a bad name..Thats only my opinion:hug2:

Lee
07-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Celtic, Derek is not the best of mediums mainly for his over acting oscar performance readings, but he must have got some right in the gallery. As for your two friends he did mention PREGNANT and he may have miscontrue what Sam was trying to give to him, we all get confused occassionally even in the world of spirit.:confused:

celtic_cutty
11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Lee..I agree with what your sayin regarding the confusion..but sad to say the man coulnt connect the whole evening with anything..aw man you had to be there to see how sad it was..he practically was dying a death..but that does not change my belief at all..what do you think of Sharon Neill..have you heard of her?

Lee
12-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Poor ole Derek then Celtic. He sweats enough when he is in controll of himself and i dread to think of the pile of mush left on the stage after no hits. Some mediums do dry up and lose their gift, i'm sure this happened to Doris Stokes, because i can remember reading in the paper that most of her readings become repetitive, and also used a select crew of people to follow her around on the road.
Sharon Neill is good, she must have great inner third eye vision because of her blindness, seen her on tv a few times.

celtic_cutty
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Lee..good showman and gorgeuos too..well I think so..yeah sharon is amazing for someone to be blind from birth.

Lee
13-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Lee..good showman and gorgeuos too..well I think so..yeah sharon is amazing for someone to be blind from birth.

Did you know Derek played for Liverpool football team in his younger days....dont think ever got to the other side of the pitch though:D

celtic_cutty
14-12-2006, 08:06 PM
:D yeah I did know that..But you know what?I think he hadnt good foot control of the ball..he sure talks plenty of ball****..:icon_eek:

OceanWaves19161
11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Awww come on people be nice!. The show most haunted is definately half staged but of course it has to be!. The show is for entertainment and it has to be a bit theatrical or people wouldn't watch it, the network would loose heaps of money and the show would be cut. Personally I find it an amazing thing that that these programs can be shown these days. Not long ago anyone who mentioned this stuff would have landed in jail. Programs like these can open people up to the possibility that there could be more to this world than they realise. A major step in spiritual development. Sure Derek is theatrical but I get a good vibe from him and just remember even mediums can have off days!

Alana:)

Ascended Master
13-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I believe Derek Acorah does fake it sometimes, but i dont believe he is a total fake. Some places may just be cold at the point of time the team arrive (you cant always have a full net of fish) i think a majority of people would be pushed into making a few odd noises, and come up with pre-knowledge , for the worry of the show going off air. He was quite accurate on the three mediums with Colin Fry and Tony Stockwell. The trouble with derek is that he is very theatrical and a little ridiculed because of his OVER-ACTING

MEDIUM RATING:

Colin Fry 9-10
Tony Stockwell 8-10
Derek acorah 6-10
John Edward 9-10 (goes on a bit )
James Von Prague 4-10 (if anyone is a fake it's this guy)

Hello all!
I think I'd give Tony a 9/10! :D
And Colin a 7/10 - for sometimes lacking compassion!
Also agree that Derek isn't a total fake. Believe he's a good medium, when he isn't playing up to the cameras.
Love and light,
AM

Ascended Master
13-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Fair enough Lee..But surely having an audience in one of the most spiritual places in the world(Ireland)he could have picked something up..The man made an idiot of himself...He told 2 of my dear friends that they were pregnant sadly they cannt have kids..I could go on but you get the gist..He gives genuine mediums a bad name..Thats only my opinion:hug2:

I'd kind of agree...
Maybe with all this negativity being thrown at him it's making clarity / accuracy very difficult.
Kind of know what it's like to be a target? Not nice...
A real shame...
AM

Ascended Master
13-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I've got to be brutally honest and say that Most Haunted makes me cringe. Not with fear, but with the knowledge of how fake most of it is! Oh, and Yvette Fielding's eyes on the night-vision camera look like they are about to pop out of their sockets too - yuk!

lol lol lol - good work! :D x

Ascended Master
13-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Well I still didn't make it past the first half an hour I'm afraid. All that knocking going on whilst they were interviewing Yvette and David Wells at the beginning - I just can't take it seriously! Doesn't help when the other half is sitting there guffawing really loudly and sarcastically every couple of minutes either! :D

lol lol lol - and again?! :D :hug3:

ghostmaker
15-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmmm, because of my nature, I do not beleive in any of those shows. in my opinion it is just another scam. No offence intended. A ghost/pholtogeist is real ofcourse but it is an image or feeling projected by someone in some state that is living! Not a product of sugestion. The gullable are there for to be ecsploited, which I am against. these shows should be banned or at least like devolution said "the program is for entertainment only". It should not, I repeat, should not be taken seriously! I seen program were phsycics were blindfolded in a room were there were objects placed infront of them related to the person that was haunting the place. Really impressive as 4 out of 6 got every thing right and new everything about this ww11 pilot. However the brightness was a little low on my t.v and when I looked closely at the blindfolds you could see through them and the phsycics behind them could be seen squinting, straining there eyes, ah mean, cum on, top phsycics phhh. They might of had problems if the objects were behind them lol. Sorry, just cannot get away with it all. Science will prevail. Ghostmaker.

ghostmaker
15-03-2007, 02:01 PM
I know what you mean, I feel the same way about the whole caboodle. I'd be interested to know how much all these people get paid!

Whisperer
15-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I work for a Paranormal Company and I think as much as Most Haunted has lost its way, it has also made talking about ghost and spirits more acceptable in everyday society. People that come to our events have normally seen MH and want to experience something for themselves. Its great because we meet many people who open their world up, get tuned in and who go on to be amazing light workers. I've met some very special people and some amazing spirits on my journeys through the UK.

I'd agree that its becoming quite comical in its 8th season but to keep its popularity going it has to try something. Series 1 they used to get excited about orbs all the time - they wouldn't of lasted another 7 seven series if all they caught was that on each vigil!

an image or feeling projected by someone in some state that is living
Interesting concept Ghostmaker - unfortunetly not one I can personally accept at the moment but I would be interested to hear more.

Whisperer
15-03-2007, 02:57 PM
And I miss Degsy's random 'possessions'. I think any medium on that show has a huge pressure on them to perform!

*Wanders off remembering the 'possessed by a monkey' and 'the rabbits are aliens' episode.....*