PDA

View Full Version : Orbs; Have they been debunked??

metal68
30-04-2015, 05:44 PM
I ask this as you always seem to hear that they are just tricks of the light and faults in the camera, yet people still claim to see them as paranormal evidence?

There was a similar thing, years ago with the rods phenomenon which if I remember was debunked and you hear nothing more of?

metal68
05-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Any info anyone??

wstein
06-05-2015, 04:04 AM
Most of the light spots in photos are just lens flare (lights shining directly in the lens). A goodly portion of the remainder are dust close up (thus out of focus) illuminated from off angle (usually out of frame, often from camera flash).

Free floating plasma balls (AKA ball lightening) has been scientifically documented. The cause is still not exactly pinned down but comes from superheated minerals.

As to any possible paranormal orbs, it has not been proven or ruled out.

StormNexus
06-05-2015, 04:31 AM
I agree with the dust as orbs in photos, but I can personally confirm seeing a green flying/floating orb as a child. Not sure if that will help you. It was about the size of a person's head, but pure green light. It didn't emanate any feelings or thoughts, seemed like a silent observer that flew off when we looked at it. Good luck in your search for truth.

desert rat
06-05-2015, 02:44 PM
In agreement hear , I think an orb could be either a trick of light or a being/left over energy .