PDA

View Full Version : Negative Replies???

Smile it's just me
29-04-2015, 09:27 PM
:hug2:

I joined SF because I agree with it's founder. I love the mission of this forum, but lately have been disappointed in some replies to threads posted. My hope is that we can all keep Matt's dream alive with respect for one another.
Blessings of love, light and peace be upon you all. :hug3:

Matt (devolution) created this forum in February 2006. His dream was to create a large online spiritual community, a place where people could meet and discuss all things spiritual, a sanctuary for people of similar interests to learn and grow together in a harmonious setting, free of charge. He achieved that dream, and we--his loved ones, friends and helpers--aim to keep that dream alive in his memory.

luntrusreality
29-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Too much smoothness can be boring, too ;)
A little drama doesn't hurt anybody
Don't take it personally if you feel you get a negative reply.
If a post on a forum can get under your skin use that to explore why that is.

Smile it's just me
29-04-2015, 09:39 PM
True :D a good debate can be stimulating.

Yet, it hurts when others hurt.

I have not received any negative replies...or it may be that I did but don't take them personally.

LadyMay
29-04-2015, 10:00 PM
As I saw someone else put it.... a lot of us are on here for healing in some form or another. So in that case issues can be projected sometimes and create a bloodbath... lol. Thank the mods though for preventing that, some forums have really bad trolls.

Dwerg
30-04-2015, 01:14 AM
It's a forum with quite a lot of negative people trying to stay positive, hammering their negativity will only amplify the issue. Let them speak their mind and try not to add to their negativity. It dies out if not fueled. Keep in mind though that this is a forum, new people come in all beaten up looking for some light while others may find it and leave. Because of this there will be a constant stream of negativity because it's fueled by new people coming here, not the one's who are here. The purpose is not to have a clean, sanitized and perfectly happy forum of problem free and positive people. If people were problem free and happy this forum wouldn't be needed and wouldn't exist. The purpose is to take people who are negative and bump them into the positive. His dream is kept alive with sustained effort, not by wishing it all to be perfect.

You may feel disappointed, but think carefully about that feeling. Does your negative feeling of disappointment take away or add to negativity?

Smile it's just me
30-04-2015, 02:10 AM
Dwerg Well said.

You may feel disappointed, but think carefully about that feeling. Does your negative feeling of disappointment take away or add to negativity?

LOL~ This is why I started my OP. I wanted to turn my negative into a positive by simply reminding folks that open discussions, even with opposing opinions can still be a welcomed learning experience and does not need to become argumentative, insulting or hurtful. With respect and understanding for each of our personal journeys, we are better able to bring those who are negative into more of a positive light.

ocean breeze
30-04-2015, 04:32 AM
I normally don't even consider whether my post comes across as negative or positive. I just type whatever i feel. Though i do try to avoid replying to people when i'm in a bad mood as i can be a bit degrading and i don't want to be one of those people that takes my frustrations out on others. I'll end up feeling guilty about it afterwards.

QT Pie
30-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Whenever I am frustrated by the responses I get from posts it always comes from the same tired place. Sad at feeling not understood. That's a big expectation for the internet.

Gem
30-04-2015, 05:01 AM
:hug2:

I joined SF because I agree with it's founder. I love the mission of this forum, but lately have been disappointed in some replies to threads posted. My hope is that we can all keep Matt's dream alive with respect for one another.
Blessings of love, light and peace be upon you all. :hug3:

I'm sure the administration will address your grievances reasonably should you make a complaint.

Smile it's just me
30-04-2015, 05:35 AM
Not complaining so much as putting food for thought out there...
Just appreciating and respecting SF's founder, Matt.

For me I am enjoying reading and growing from what I read here and try to understand the posts that may sound like they are upset or frustrated in wanting to get their opinion understood.

I think that we can learn from all sides. It's just makes me sad when someone gets their feelings hurt or feels like they are being attacked for their belief. So maybe reminding folks of Matt's dream for this forum will help others be more accepting and respectful.

I know it's not my job, so to speak.

I just followed my heart and started this thread. I hope it doesn't offend, that is not my intention.

Octy
30-04-2015, 06:52 AM
If a post on a forum can get under your skin use that to explore why that is.
Absolutely! Love this reply.

I agree with Dwerg and just about everyone who posted.

My question would be: does it contract or expand you? If it contracts you, walk away. If it expands you, drink it in:)

Belle
30-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Yes, some of my greatest learnings have been when I have had a response that has made me go urg. Either from what is said or the way it is said. Or, my post has been totally and utterly ignored.

And then I go within and connect to mother earth and find resolution and heal and grow. At least that is the aim!

Smile it's just me
30-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Belle ~ I love your comment! Thank you

Gem
30-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Not complaining so much as putting food for thought out there...
Just appreciating and respecting SF's founder, Matt.

For me I am enjoying reading and growing from what I read here and try to understand the posts that may sound like they are upset or frustrated in wanting to get their opinion understood.

I think that we can learn from all sides. It's just makes me sad when someone gets their feelings hurt or feels like they are being attacked for their belief. So maybe reminding folks of Matt's dream for this forum will help others be more accepting and respectful.

I know it's not my job, so to speak.

I just followed my heart and started this thread. I hope it doesn't offend, that is not my intention.
I've been around for a while, and when Matt was a the helm, SF was more fiery than it is now. Then he died. For a while there the staff started banning everyone, and quite a few benign, indeed kind, folk were run out of town. The was a period where SF was ruled more than it was moderated, but lately the admin is striking a good balance. As staff changes come and go, the forum kinda changes style. I seen a lot change as time went by.

Greenslade
30-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Yes, some of my greatest learnings have been when I have had a response that has made me go urg. Either from what is said or the way it is said. Or, my post has been totally and utterly ignored.

And then I go within and connect to mother earth and find resolution and heal and grow. At least that is the aim!
Likewise. Some of the best discussions I've had is when there's been a full-on, ding-dong battle and the energies are flying thick and fast. It's in those times when we find out abut ourselves and others as the masks are dropped 'true' Spirituality comes to the fore. Often the negative comments are quite revealing.

Belle
30-04-2015, 11:38 AM
the other thing is, when you see things on the forums, or indeed anywhere. The question is : what does this tell me about myself.

I get troubled by a lot of finger pointing (which tells me something about myself) but that is our prime purpose, things that cause a reaction in us. We are responsible for ourselves not others.

Lorelyen
30-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Only comment is that this is a forum so differing views will appear. Sometimes questions need to be raised for clarification.

I can't recall any serious trolling here.