PDA

View Full Version : Where does masculine and feminine energy come from?

Fleur de Frost
27-04-2015, 02:23 AM
I notice that my energy tends to feel extra masculine one day, and overly feminine the next. It's literally like a light switch being turned on and off. Gender wise, I always feel inherently female - but my interests and means of expressing myself can change depending on which energy is dominating. It's more like being a tomboy on Monday and a complete girly-girl on Tuesday.

But why do we attribute certain feelings and particular interests to one gender? Why is the domineering and go-get-'em energy deemed male, while the calm and intuitive energy is female? Why don't I feel like wearing glittery dresses with the masculine energy, or baseball caps when I feel feminine? And if everything is supposedly one, why are our collective energies divided by two genders?

Just found the duality interesting and would love/so appreciate any insight. Thank you for your help!

Fleur de Frost
27-04-2015, 02:25 AM
I guess the better question is why I feel the need to label myself as masculine or feminine at all... :)

LadyMay
27-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Good question and one I asked myself when understanding my own duality. I don't experience myself as female or male now, though leading up to the merging of the two I felt more strongly male. An interesting thing is that my soul when communicating with me still switches between different energetic genders (neutral, male, or female), I feel this is the continuation of a deeper balancing act within myself...

When I was going through my male stage I felt very femininely male... I am born female but always felt I had a 'girl male' side to me, and so I never quite fit in with the gender norms, or maybe it's more like I mixed and matched and explored my duality... I have always been a masculine female, at least internally. So maybe my inner opposite was always a girly male.... who knows. It's kinda weird thinking about it.

Ultimately our perceptions of gender are influenced by society, but in this dualistic world there will always be an opposite, or at least a polarised form of something. So all I can say is to continue to explore this inside yourself and see where it takes you.... masculine doesn't have to mean strong, and feminine doesn't have to mean gentle, there is gentle masculine and strong female.... explore the definitions, change them to reflect yourself and how you feel... separate the influences and find out what is real about you...

Good luck. :)

Lorelyen
27-04-2015, 10:39 PM
I guess the better question is why I feel the need to label myself as masculine or feminine at all... :)
Convention, I'd suspect. Have you asked how you distinguish these characteristics? Much is cultural.

The masculine and feminine are energic opposites. There are various hypotheses at spiritual and philosophical levels as how they might have originated - but here on the mundane we all have an amount of each within us.

Mr Interesting
03-05-2015, 12:02 AM
I'd say that with obvious physical differences and what I've never known as any more than slight hormonal differences we have as a species created definitions not necessarily to define the differences themselves but as a way to understand life but because these created ideas have become linked inextricably to the physical differences we are almost completely locked into the idea that differences exist.
This then, as I might question it, would be is energy even ever masculine or feminine and in seeing it as so isn't us just reflecting or feeling within energy a complement to what we are?

jonesboy
03-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Ultimately there is only light.

Before we get to that point of union which is called Yab Yum. We experience it as male and female. The male aspect transmittes while the female aspect receives.

I can tell you it is really hard to understand till one goes light. Then you start to experience flowing through you 24/7.

It is much more than a cultural thing

Gem
03-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I notice that my energy tends to feel extra masculine one day, and overly feminine the next. It's literally like a light switch being turned on and off. Gender wise, I always feel inherently female - but my interests and means of expressing myself can change depending on which energy is dominating. It's more like being a tomboy on Monday and a complete girly-girl on Tuesday.
Gender is an identity...

But why do we attribute certain feelings and particular interests to one gender? Why is the domineering and go-get-'em energy deemed male, while the calm and intuitive energy is female? Why don't I feel like wearing glittery dresses with the masculine energy, or baseball caps when I feel feminine? And if everything is supposedly one, why are our collective energies divided by two genders?
...Normalised by social constructs.

Just found the duality interesting and would love/so appreciate any insight. Thank you for your help!

yr welcome

kkfern
08-05-2015, 12:24 AM
it is more assertive or introspective. it got oversimplified with male female thing. in this new age, it no longer holds true. as you said, we all hold pieces of both and wield them as we see fit.

we are now whole

kk

wolfgaze
08-05-2015, 12:54 AM
All I know is that internal growth will bring about a state of BALANCE and you will find yourself feeling comfortable expressing the full range of emotions and qualities/attributes which our 'society' attempts to designate to one particular gender at the exclusion of the other..

So I see what you're reporting and experiencing as a very positive development... : )

sarek
12-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Ultimately there is only light.

The male aspect transmittes while the female aspect receives.

Its as simple as this. ^