PDA

View Full Version : I GET VERY TIRED WHEN WRITING SPIRITUAL STUFF

JOHNTY
19-04-2015, 07:51 PM
GREETINGS,

I can write letters on my computer, play games, write poetry - in fact I can do loads of stuff with no problem at all but .... almost always when I switch to writing spiritual things I start yawning, feeling very tired and longing for sleep. I don't want to sleep - I want to write, be creative but .... 'yawn' off I go again.

Has anybody got any clues as to why? Am I unknowingly being got at? Anybody got any ideas as to how I can bannish these sleepytime blues? And it matters not what time of day it is.

So... any help anybody?

luntrusreality
19-04-2015, 08:09 PM
http://www.consciouscup.com/

I haven't tried it but it has consciousness and caffein so it SHOULD cure your spiritual writing tiredness !

QT Pie
19-04-2015, 08:31 PM
I find often times resistance is in direct alignment to desire. The greater the desire the greater the resistance to fulfilling it. I'll give an example. My mom sends letters and stuff all the time right, but for some reason when it comes to getting her grandchildren birthday cards she is in constant battle. Forgetting stamps, forgetting it on the table a thousand things crop up to ensure her intention remains unfulfilled. Less important letters she has no trouble with. But a three year olds birthday card and she trembles and freezes up.

I'm not sure why strong desire or intention seems to shut us down but that seems to be the case. Perhaps simple observation can be enough to help push through the resistance. I haven't riddled out the solution on this one I am afraid, only identified it as a problem.

Maybe someone might have clarifying thoughts on it...

Ivy
19-04-2015, 08:42 PM
I used to get intense and sudden sleepiness, so I would lie down and surrender to it, and would often receive some sort of message.

Have you tried giving into the sleepiness? (when it's convenient of course, not when at work or anything lol)

LadyMay
19-04-2015, 08:49 PM
I find often times resistance is in direct alignment to desire. The greater the desire the greater the resistance to fulfilling it. I'll give an example. My mom sends letters and stuff all the time right, but for some reason when it comes to getting her grandchildren birthday cards she is in constant battle. Forgetting stamps, forgetting it on the table a thousand things crop up to ensure her intention remains unfulfilled. Less important letters she has no trouble with. But a three year olds birthday card and she trembles and freezes up.

I'm not sure why strong desire or intention seems to shut us down but that seems to be the case. Perhaps simple observation can be enough to help push through the resistance. I haven't riddled out the solution on this one I am afraid, only identified it as a problem.

Maybe someone might have clarifying thoughts on it...

Desire cuts me off too. Not related to the OP but this is why I don't believe in things like LOA or positive thinking.

When I've let go of my attachment to something... that's when I get it. :confused5:

As for the OP, an over active crown chakra could cause what you're experiencing. When we have a lot of energy coming in from the spiritual realms it can tend to space us out.

Perhaps ground before writing?

Dwerg
20-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Happens whenever I'm about to make a thread on here, I can start out with a lot of energy and as I write I get tired and stressed. About 90% of the time I drop it and delete an hours work. I know exactly why it is that way for me, so it may not apply to you. It's because talking about spirituality is in contradiction to actually practicing it. Also I know that text is a very limited communication form, basically I have no way of ensuring I'm being understood as I would with face to face contact. There's also the consideration for widely differing views, differerent things with inherently the same basic meaning and single things with a variety of meanings. It simply stresses me out trying to communicate to people I know nothing to little about.

Emmalevine
20-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Does ego get in the way? I have similar experiences of writing something and then suddenly switching off and/or finding the whole thing an effort. Like Scarlett said I think it can be when ego desires take over because that interrupts the flow. It happens when I start to force it. The best thing is to go with how you feel and return to what you're writing later. You may find that you don't need to write it after all as the answer lies within or perhaps your writing wants to take you in a different direction.

love9
20-04-2015, 03:27 PM
GREETINGS,

I can write letters on my computer, play games, write poetry - in fact I can do loads of stuff with no problem at all but .... almost always when I switch to writing spiritual things I start yawning, feeling very tired and longing for sleep. I don't want to sleep - I want to write, be creative but .... 'yawn' off I go again.

Has anybody got any clues as to why? Am I unknowingly being got at? Anybody got any ideas as to how I can bannish these sleepytime blues? And it matters not what time of day it is.

So... any help anybody?

Thanks JohnTY, I would think that you're really secure writing when it ain't spiritual matter. How would you qualify your knowledge, experience, experiment in spiritual matter?, if you would have spend years and years in search of spiritual matter, wouldn't you be more at ease?, I would think so. Give yourself time to nurture your spiritual journey, to experiment, to live with the virtues of spirituality.

Blessing to everyone.

Lucyan28
20-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Maybe your core has some energy from the dream world :)

I feel this behaviour is linked with the school. Have you made some school essay or study for a test in a rush? You know finals, with few moments of sleep.

Thunder Bow
20-04-2015, 04:44 PM
What is the Topic you are trying to write about? Post it here, and see if it makes us sleepy.

QT Pie
20-04-2015, 05:00 PM
I know exactly why it is that way for me, so it may not apply to you. It's because talking about spirituality is in contradiction to actually practicing it.

Amen! My most sacred revealings will never be expressed into the air with my voice. they are to precious and I will not have or see them corrupted. And I do not mean by others alone. They are too true, too complete to survive this place. Even in my speaking corruption occures. It must be left alone to burn within.

What is the Topic you are trying to write about? Post it here, and see if it makes us sleepy.

Lol - smartass :) <3 it

On a side note I felt the same way about writing about spirituals but certain thoughts I wanted to get down while they were fresh and alive. I deferred to recording my thoughts. Felt a lot more natural.

Shanti Shanti
20-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi, I have experienced this, don't worry your attention will come back, all in good time. There's no rush. Go with it relax, then after a while bring your mind back onto the subject. The mind and senses are designed to go outward you are trying to look within. In good time you will get better at doing this. The mind will remain an enemy until you have made it a friend.

A human Being
20-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Happens whenever I'm about to make a thread on here, I can start out with a lot of energy and as I write I get tired and stressed. About 90% of the time I drop it and delete an hours work. I know exactly why it is that way for me, so it may not apply to you. It's because talking about spirituality is in contradiction to actually practicing it. Also I know that text is a very limited communication form, basically I have no way of ensuring I'm being understood as I would with face to face contact. There's also the consideration for widely differing views, differerent things with inherently the same basic meaning and single things with a variety of meanings. It simply stresses me out trying to communicate to people I know nothing to little about.
For me, spiritual theory was interesting for a while, when the concepts were new to me, but I must say that now I find it rather a bore. I mean you can get really bogged down in it, when spirituality should, imo, be about discovery, not going over old ground, ad nauseum.

Which isn't to say that I don't think the OP has anything interesting to say on the subject that could be useful for other people, btw. Maybe just don't try to force it, or go into it with too many preconceived ideas.

Mr Interesting
20-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Maybe you could try the same procedure one uses when one makes friends with cats which is that while one is indeed wanting to be the cats friend the only way to do so is to get as close as you might and then ignore the cat and wait patiently for it to come to you.

In this regard you would start writing pretending to write about something else and then when you're engrossed in that quickly trick yourself and bring in spirituality and if you get yawny it would be that you are looking too strongly at the cat and it's then ignoring you so go back to ignoring the cat.

And is this a game? Well yes, but within games we can allow ourselves new perspectives and within new perspectives see our drives in other lights.

Ivy
20-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Happens whenever I'm about to make a thread on here, I can start out with a lot of energy and as I write I get tired and stressed. About 90% of the time I drop it and delete an hours work. I know exactly why it is that way for me, so it may not apply to you. It's because talking about spirituality is in contradiction to actually practicing it.

I rarely write (or read) long threads, I find I can't because I switch off, as you describe. So I write short stuff :smile:

Mr Interesting
20-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Well then Ivy, I wrote my new thread 'For whom the bell Tolles' in your honour.

Dwerg
20-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I rarely write (or read) long threads, I find I can't because I switch off, as you describe. So I write short stuff :smile:
Problem is that what I find interesting rarely can be expressed in simple terms, I also have very good attention to detail. I find text often inadequate to effectively communicate, It's easier for me to draw, explain and physically gesture at the same time. Most of all I prefer showing things so people can see for themselves, best way to make sure I'm clearly understood.

But this is a forum and explaining things that purely happens in the mind is next to impossible given differing philosophical views.

JOHNTY
21-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Greetings,

Well folks, many thanks for all your replies. First off I think I'd better explain a bit about myself: for a start I'm aged 71 - and no, though I may be retired I'm not about to die just yet - or at least I don't think so, well, I hope not I've still got too much to do: wash the car, mow the grass, no time at all for meditation, watch the TV, twiddle my thimbs, argue with my Dearly Beloved ... I'm sure that by now you get the picture. LOL

In other words I'm still a very busy person: up at 06.30 - lights out at 23.30 and not enough hours in the day tp do all that must be done.

When I have time I do Absent Healing, Earth Healing, a few other things as well all of which I have to do with my eyes open. But often, if I close my eyes to visualise the apropriate healing colours I start to yawn, lose my concentration and then spend the next 60 seconds or so 75% asleep until I suddenly snap, jerk out of it. What should take about 30 minutes or so has extended itself into 45. The odd thing is ... if I say " To hell with it," and decide to stop fighting the urge to sleep and actually sit there allowing my self the pleasure of an afternoon nap (at my retired age one is allowed an afternoon nap) ... and it never happens! Curses!! I sit there wide awake!

Not too keen on TV so most of my rainy days and evenings are spent on my laptop - unless I'm decorating etc. So, I enjoy my laptop! I enjoy being creative with my stories. I should say: Short Stories. I could never write a novel - I don't have the time, interest or the attention span.

I love the challenge, the being creative, the coming up with a spiritual story - even though I'm partially dyslexic and know I have grammar, spelling and punctuation problems. For that, I depend on my laptop to sort things out for me. But my laptop cannot help me stay awake.

Pen, pencil and paper are totally out of the equation!

I've tried deep breathing, washing my face in cold water, tea, coffee - even drinking cold water. Nothing seems to work - though I do have an easier time of it during the mornings when my Dearly Beloved stops talking to me and goes out shopping, visiting her friends etc. But as I've said above: afternoons and evenings are almost a no no! And I find it so frustrating because I just love writing my spiritual short stories.

I can write other stories - but I soon get fed up with them because to me they are not what I'm meant to do.

So I need some 'Keep me wide awake remedies' if you please.

:D The above is almost a short story in itself. Sorry about that, Got carried away. :D

LadyMay
21-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Johnty you sound like me when it comes to reading, all I can say is good luck because it might just be one of those things, I can't get through even a couple of pages without falling asleep and I'm 21! Never used to have this problem when I was younger, I would read books all day long. Not really sure what changed.

Dwerg
22-04-2015, 01:11 PM
I really think age is irrelevant when it comes to human physiology, so here's what 23 year old me suggests. Get some good sleep at night and take some time to wind down and relax a few times a week. I've tried doing one thing and then onto the next from morning to late at night, with a minimal amount of sleep. It will not work, period. Initially my body resisted slowing down and I had to force it at first. But once I started sleeping a bit longer and stopped making every day a race I got a massive energy boost, consequently I'm more effective than before. You'd think relaxing and sleeping is a waste of time, but you get more done in less time without feeling stressed and you actually enjoy the activity.

Among the effects I've noticed from resting properly: Increased cognitive ability, better short term memory, wider attention span, can sustain focus and concentration for extended periods, faster and more accurate perception with quicker response time and managing a huge mental and emotional workload while still feeling ready for more.

If you're interested in science go read every study ever conducted about sleep, pretty much points to the same conclusion. There's a reason holidays exist and people don't work around the clock, even if they love what they do.

So the best "keep you wide awake remedy" is paradoxically enough to get some rest. Don't keep yourself going on energy reserves, you'll burn out and feel the way you're feeling. You're getting tired for a reason, it's your body and mind begging you to rest. Do you skip eating food when your body tells you it needs it by making you feel hungry? The point is to not ignore these signs, and the solution to them are often pretty basic and straight forward.

JOHNTY
27-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Greetings,

Once again folks many thanks for the replies - lots to think about there.

DWERG: I do agree with all you've said about sleep etc. When working I had 19 jobs with assorted wake-up times. My last job I had for 33 years with sleep patterns busted by shift work - but the money was good and very much needed. When I was a child I could sleep anywhere between 12-14 hours a night. No kidding: I could! But now ... well, I'm afraid that's a no no.

One of our two children (age 46) still lives with us and has to get up at 06.15 to go to work - and becaue that always wakes me up I've given up fighting it. Both my Dearly Beloved and our daughter are of the same breed ... they don't go to bed until gone 23.15 and sleep doesn't usually start to occur until gone 23.30.

So yes, for me anyway, lack of sleep may be the main problem - even though, when alone, napping through the day to make up for the loss just does not happen.

In the back of my mind I think I've known that lack of sleep is the main cause of my troubles. Sometimes it takes an outsider to get the message home, to maybe ... wake me up :D to the fact.

There are no signs of things in my household changing, though, so I'll just have to grin and bear it :smile: and write if and when I can.

Once again many thanks everyone for your input.

Dwerg
27-04-2015, 09:07 PM
I work shifts at day, night, weekends and holidays. Sure the pay is good, but I constantly wonder if the money is worth the price I pay. No matter how much I "need" the money, it's worth nothing if I don't have time or energy to genuinely enjoy it. It's a matter of living, not just surviving or getting by.

Your children still lives at home by the age of 46?!!! That's crazy. I'm sorry if this offends you, but this is honestly how I feel about it. I was told to move out when I was 19, I didn't want to but today I'm grateful they forced me out. I would probably feel suffocated under the same roof as my parents, and they would probably go crazy.

And yeah, nothing in your household will change without someone making changes.

LadyMay
27-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Your children still lives at home by the age of 46?!!! That's crazy.

I don't see what's wrong with it, western culture especially tends to have this idea that kids should move out by 18 but as long as they pay their fair share and don't cause issues then what's the problem? Also you don't know this persons circumstances, could be anything.

Independence is highly prized but I love families that can get on and work as a unit, I say this as I see my own situation reflected back to me here.

Dwerg
27-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Read the post again and you may notice it is causing an issue. There's nothing wrong with it or a problem, just that it can cause complications especially for the childrens lives.

It's true I don't know the persons circumstances, I made no assumption about that either. I can't hold my tongue forever because I don't know it all either. Quite frankly I don't even know why you mentioned it. To remind me as if I hadn't heard this extremely general and unspecific piece of advice before?

I'm gonna give up now, I hate having to go defensive.

lemex
30-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Does ego get in the way? I have similar experiences of writing something and then suddenly switching off and/or finding the whole thing an effort. Like Scarlett said I think it can be when ego desires take over because that interrupts the flow. It happens when I start to force it. The best thing is to go with how you feel and return to what you're writing later. You may find that you don't need to write it after all as the answer lies within or perhaps your writing wants to take you in a different direction.

Same thing happens to me for all the same reasons you and Dwerg mention. Have you ever started to read, something you don't want to, and suddenly found yourself so tired you get so tired you have to put it down. It's almost ironic, but you want to.... lol.

Physiological changes, cause and effect. Strange isn't it..... a part wants to do it and a part doesn't.

Greenslade
01-05-2015, 09:23 AM
GREETINGS,

So... any help anybody?

Other than the tired, do you notice anything else about yourself? Like shifting into a different mode of thought perhaps? The "loads of stuff" is your consciousness at your usual frequency range but when you're in 'Spiritual mode' your consciousness shifts up a few gears and you tune into that higher frequency radio station. Some people find it revitalising while some like you feel as though the stuffing has been knocked out of them. I feel a shift in energies/consciousness but then I'm sensitive to energies. Don't try to banish them, run with them instead, Sit back and experience/be aware of how you're feeling at the time. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the new frequency range for a time and it gets interesting after that. And easier, it just takes time to become used to it.

ajay00
01-05-2015, 10:15 AM
GREETINGS,

So... any help anybody?

You never wear down in anything as long as you enjoy doing it. :smile:

If you are getting tired, it perhaps may be that you are quite saturated or bored.

Maybe you need to indulge in some other activity till you get the interest going again.

You can try yoga or some appropriate exercise program to boost your energy levels as well.

Best wishes. :smile:

JOHNTY
01-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Greetings,

Thank you Greenslade and thank you ajayOO ... both answers are interesting enough to strike a cord within me. And yes, Greenslade, there are times when I do feel as though the stuffing has been knocked out of me.

To quote you Greenslade: ... Don't try to banish them, run with them instead, Sit back and experience/be aware of how you're feeling at the time. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the new frequency range for a time and it gets interesting after that. And easier, it just takes time to become used to it. I'll see if I can give it a go. Instead of cursing and swearing at the tiredness I'll see if I can go with the flow ... ie. tune into it instead. The worst that can happen will be that I really will fall fast asleep. LOL

Once again many thanks to you both.

Astral Jane
01-05-2015, 08:05 PM
I feel it's a simpler phenom but its just one we don't recognize, it is not adknowledged. I think it really is just a matter of what part of your consciousness you are using; you're 'going out' in to the mental realms and trying to bring those perceptions in toward your physical body. It could be that is unusually draining somehow, or it just displaces energy, some energy actually leaves you physically. Or it is akin to a dream state and it triggers your parasympathetic nervous system. Whereas the games and social interaction trigger you sympathetic nervous system. just my 2 cents.

Astral Jane
01-05-2015, 08:10 PM
I don't see what's wrong with it, western culture especially tends to have this idea that kids should move out by 18 but as long as they pay their fair share and don't cause issues then what's the problem? Also you don't know this persons circumstances, could be anything.

Independence is highly prized but I love families that can get on and work as a unit, I say this as I see my own situation reflected back to me here.

I totally agree & this is an important point. There's a lot of social programming and pushing on people the idea that your success and happiness should be measured by your house. But many people in other cultures are happy with multi-generational living arrangements. This and all the co-housing concepts and ideas about living more simply really need a push in the States, IMO.

There is nothing wrong with adults living with their parents. Mine have a nice big house but they are also selfish jerks and I don't like them and I don't like that area of the country so I would rather live in a cardbooard box than with them, but not all parents are that bad.

Greenslade
02-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Greetings,

Thank you Greenslade and thank you ajayOO ... both answers are interesting enough to strike a cord within me. And yes, Greenslade, there are times when I do feel as though the stuffing has been knocked out of me.

To quote you Greenslade: ... Don't try to banish them, run with them instead, Sit back and experience/be aware of how you're feeling at the time. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the new frequency range for a time and it gets interesting after that. And easier, it just takes time to become used to it. I'll see if I can give it a go. Instead of cursing and swearing at the tiredness I'll see if I can go with the flow ... ie. tune into it instead. The worst that can happen will be that I really will fall fast asleep. LOL

Once again many thanks to you both.

You're more than welcome, Johnty. What we resist persists so not going with the flow becomes the immovable object vs the irresistible force, and that kind of internal battle isn't much fun. Many years ago I was writing in a website, it was a continuing story kind of like this forum but more fantasy-based. Writing in the actual forums was fine because they were more 'fact-based' but writing in the website used to knock me for six. One day I couldn't do much more than sit back and give in to the waves I'd been resisting. That was an experience in itself. The upshot was that I became more in tune with those higher frequencies and that came through in the writing, although much of the writing was fantasy it was a medium for the energy/consciousness flow. Perchance do you have mediumistic talents? If you fell asleep that would be a shame, for me it was a free and legal high. :smile:

I feel it's a simpler phenom but its just one we don't recognize, it is not adknowledged. I think it really is just a matter of what part of your consciousness you are using; you're 'going out' in to the mental realms and trying to bring those perceptions in toward your physical body. It could be that is unusually draining somehow, or it just displaces energy, some energy actually leaves you physically. Or it is akin to a dream state and it triggers your parasympathetic nervous system. Whereas the games and social interaction trigger you sympathetic nervous system. just my 2 cents.
Pretty much. I think we all use different parts of our consciousness but we shift so often that we become used to it, then when something major comes along like this suddenly we sit up and take notice. I often get a shift in consciousness when I'm in here, sometimes it's different from thread-to-thread depending on how 'engrossed' I am. If I've been sucked in I usually take a few deep breaths when leaving the forum to give my head time to change modes.