PDA

View Full Version : Looking

AnneC2013
18-04-2015, 05:46 AM
I was looking into prenatal yoga, anyone have any good safe suggestions I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.. Ok ty everyone that reads this.. Sending tons of love and light to everyone

kris
18-04-2015, 02:50 PM
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/prenatal-yoga/art-20047193

AnneC2013
18-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Thank you Kris

LibbyScorp
18-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Prenatal yoga is incredible.

It will definitely keep all your joints and muscles happy.
As the weight starts to pack on during pregnancy, your knees become less happy with you when you're trying to bend. But staying nice and stretched out and working on strengthening your legs and lower back will truly help you be able to keep up.

The meditation of it all will also help you to feel the connection between you and baby more. It'll balance out that those whacky hormones. I always loved putting one headphone to my belly and one headphone in my ear so the baby and I could share the same meditation music :) Pranayama breathing techniques will also help you prepare for labor, keeping you nice and calm when it all starts to hurt so bad you could shoot someone lol

Buy some DVDs or look up videos on youtube

There are certain stages of pregnancy where obviously you can not do any ab work but for now, rock on, sista. You may want to look those stages up on google. Do everything you can now to help you be nice and strong for that last homestretch where you will feel less likely to do anything at all besides sit lol.

Be prepared for many squats lol.
The yoga squating will also help guide the baby to turn into the right position for birth.

Awww! Congratulations!
I wish you many special moments with that sweet lil growing bean inside you.
What an exciting time :)