PDA

View Full Version : Worship?

Sira
27-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I encounter this word daily and just a moment ago had this "ah-haa" moment, realizing that I worship nothing, but I try to respect everything.
To worship something to me means that there is something above me and I know there is nothing above or below me. Everything is. Everything is One, energy is One, all is from and of the same Source.
Do I worship God? No, I am of God. Do I worship Jesus? No, he was my Lightworker brother, whom I respect immensely. Do I worship Gaia? No, I am one with Gaia, I love her.
Am I alone in thinking like this?
:icon_farao:

3dnow
27-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I encounter this word daily and just a moment ago had this "ah-haa" moment, realizing that I worship nothing, but I try to respect everything.
To worship something to me means that there is something above me and I know there is nothing above or below me. Everything is. Everything is One, energy is One, all is from and of the same Source.
Do I worship God? No, I am of God. Do I worship Jesus? No, he was my Lightworker brother, whom I respect immensely. Do I worship Gaia? No, I am one with Gaia, I love her.
Worship, submission, etc. are the most horrible words I know. This has nothing to do with love but rather fear and lack of self love.

I prefer to completely forget about God (whatever it means I don't understand). But I believe in the divine.

3dnow

The Om
27-12-2010, 05:12 PM

No, you're not. I have to say, that is a very eloquent way of putting our relationship with the universe.

Sira
27-12-2010, 05:25 PM
You both made me think! I also think in terms of divine, I have great difficulties nowadays to think of god as anything except the creating force, expansion. I am letting my subconscious work on this. Thank you both! I appreciate you! <3

CK39
27-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Sira, your approach to things is very advanced. Until everything becomes One within one's self, the wonderment of it all can not be truly understood.

love,

CK

Enya
27-12-2010, 10:39 PM
I've never been one for worshipping. I once had a fierce debate with a lady who decided that reverence for the Divine in all things natural meant we worshipped nature. She couldn't understand that while we (the group I was part of then) revered and honoured Mother Earth, there was never any worship but more a recognition of the Oneness which is all things.

I feel this is the way forward for spirituality and religions, imho. None shall be greater than the other, yet all shall be Whole...

Westleigh
27-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I suppose it depends upon your definition of worship. If that involves submission then no, this involves giving away personal empowerment and, in any case, makes no sense when applied to the "all is one" belief system (if we are God and God is we, then who exactly are we submitting to?). Worship in that sense implies an entity outside of ourselves which appreciates dominance, a very unGodly personality trait if I ever heard one.

Love and adoration, on the other hand, I think is entirely appropriate - God/Source gives this to us and I think reciprocation is natural. Love and appreciation is the highest state of being and feeling this for all of creation, including oneself, is to be about as close to God as it is possible to be.

Rah nam
27-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I suppose it depends upon your definition of worship. If that involves submission then no, this involves giving away personal empowerment and, in any case, makes no sense when applied to the "all is one" belief system (if we are God and God is we, then who exactly are we submitting to?). Worship in that sense implies an entity outside of ourselves which appreciates dominance, a very unGodly personality trait if I ever heard one.

Love and adoration, on the other hand, I think is entirely appropriate - God/Source gives this to us and I think reciprocation is natural. Love and appreciation is the highest state of being and feeling this for all of creation, including oneself, is to be about as close to God as it is possible to be.

I understand, as long we have a need for a certain word, and it does not matter what it is, worship, love, hate, we change the definition as our understanding, consciousness changes, until we get to a point where we have no need for it any longer.