PDA

View Full Version : Judge not, that you be not judged

Serrao
19-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Hello All :smile: ,

Is Jesus teaching us with his saying "Judge not, that you be not judged" how one can free oneself from negative karma?

josham
20-03-2015, 07:06 AM
I think that biblical verse is just reminding us that we're all in this thing together - no-one is any better or worse than anyone else, ultimately. We all just do what we do, in the situation in which we find ourselves.

QT Pie
20-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Yessss a very important lesson.
In fact I find a connection also to the story of the garden of eden. I was checking out the bibles and I noticed something, the tree of knowledge was actually called "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil"

That's judgement. If you do not know good, and you do not know evil you cannot judge and therefore you cannot think you know. You do not weigh and conjecture on the good or evil of a thing. You can see the balance of it, the reality of it. Having this knowledge cast them out of the garden. To know a thing as "good" you must question your judgement when it naturally exhibits traits that are not "good" this is actually the construct by which all delusioning is formed. The opposite also has its wounding effect. Suffering is rooted deeply in our knowledge of judgement. We do not naturally see the perfect balance of things. We are always disappointed by our imaginative expectations.

Judge not, lest ye be judged. If you are in the habit of judgement you will live in a constant hell of your own judgement. You will fail to see your balance and will inevitably disappoint yourself to the degree you judge and are disappointed in others.

josham
20-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Yep. Take away all human judgements, and what's left? Just what is. Ramana Maharshi said that it all comes back to this: It is what it is. The dog doesn't make judgements about what's right and wrong, it just does its thing. The dog has Buddha nature. We can come to see our own Buddha nature, devoid of concepts and judgements.

Arcturus
20-03-2015, 09:22 AM
If you don't judge anyone at all then you have no man made ego that needs to justify itself through the the faults of others, which is what condemnation is, and as such you have no judgeable outlook, way or view. My take only

Everly
20-03-2015, 04:23 PM
There is no "negative karma". Karma is karma. It's not good or bad. It's simply about learning. If you learn from being judgmental, then that karmic ribbon is "burned". It's simple...learn from your bad decisions and your mistakes. (Mistakes and bad decisions aren't the same thing.)