PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is spirituality

adamm[]
18-03-2015, 10:27 PM
can anyone tell me what exactly spirituality is?

Ivy
18-03-2015, 10:41 PM
If you can tell me what exactly life is?

It's this thing that we're experiencing. It's a thing that we're conscious of enough to give it a name. It's a thing that lots of individuals give lots of individual meaning to... etcetera.

LadyMay
18-03-2015, 10:44 PM
It's up to each person to decide that for themselves.

Touched
18-03-2015, 10:53 PM
The dictionary definition works for me.

kkfern
18-03-2015, 11:21 PM
for me spirituality is living in the gap. it is the way i have lived all my life. there is the material world and the unseen world. i live a bit on both sides.

there is the idea of the father son and holy spirit. for me spirituality is the holy spirit. it is what connects the son/material with god/father.

spirituality is connecting to god.

kk

Mr Interesting
19-03-2015, 12:57 AM
I tried to answer your other question, the one about reality and what it is, but gave up because it's too hard but in a sense it might actually be easier here and within this question.

At it's simplest I reckon that spirituality is about widening and deepening our sensual perceptions. Somewhat realigning the senses we have always had and recognised, as senses, and aligning and giving acceptance to other possible senses we might have in accord with a more refined sense of ourselves and others in life.

Lumen
19-03-2015, 02:00 AM
I think it's really about realising the truth.

Jyotir
19-03-2015, 03:53 AM

Hi adamm[],

All life is spiritual in one sense.
But in the spiritual sense all lives are not conscious of this or consciously applied to it.

Spirituality is when self-conscious human beings awaken to the general tendency of nature - the evolution of consciousness towards realization - and through a personal revolution deliberately concentrate and accelerate those available possibilities rendering them inevitable.

~ J

Eudaimonist
19-03-2015, 08:11 AM
']can anyone tell me what exactly spirituality is?

It's different things to different people.

The definition that I have come up with, which is very general, is:

Spirituality is a concern for raising one's vantagepoint on the deep issues of life for the sake of personal growth and/or transcendence.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Shaunc
24-03-2015, 07:47 AM
The ability/desire to put others needs ahead of your own.