PDA

View Full Version : I'm a healer

figaromelting
11-03-2015, 06:43 PM
So as you can see by the title - I am a healer. It's more in the case of my general presence and my words towards people that heals them than being a hands on healer - though I'm sure I could do this too. I've done a lot of work on myself to become balanced. It's taken three years but I can finally say that I feel like I have become the person I am supposed to be.

I love to help people and inspire people and when I'm around people, I know intuitively what to say or what they need to do to help themselves. I always notice that peoples energies shift when I'm with them - they start to become more positive and start to feel on track again. It seems to happen without me doing much - I find that to be very interesting. I have never used it professionally - I also have a strong intuition.

So my question is, how can I start using these abilities more to heal? or do I just keep being a healing presence to everyone I meet just by smiling and showing compassion for instance.

I know part of my purpose is to heal and love and nurture - it's all of ours really. But I want to understand my own individual unique path and where to go

What do you think?

Kaimi
11-03-2015, 07:02 PM
I think your path is your own to walk. And any nudge given in any direction by anyone but your own is just suggestion

However in the interest in helping I would like to ask you if you given any thought to formal study. Counseling courses and the sort? It is the direction I am leaning towards for the simple fact that it may offer me insight on things including myself. But more than that it would allow me to identify areas I can help others with and areas in which I may be out of my league.

Sometimes what's best for another is the realization that you cannot help them.

Everly
11-03-2015, 07:03 PM
So my question is, how can I start using these abilities more to heal? or do I just keep being a healing presence to everyone I meet just by smiling and showing compassion for instance.

What do you think?

Certainly, continue to be who you are and doing what you're doing. Sometimes that's all we can do. But if you really want to do more, then you might consider practicing on someone with minor health issues. You could use a more hands-on approach or you could practice distance healing.

I think the better question is this: What do you really want to do?

Frederick33
11-03-2015, 07:11 PM
well seen so many they become spiritual learn a few things relating to energies

and that yes i become a healer ! ( sound like putting down ?)

well yes it sounds like that what is a healer ? if your reality is that

you are in a much higher vibrational reality than those around

those effects come naturally in respect to those who are not

it happens to me 24/7 yet i am no healer .

the fact that you ask here , what did your guides say

as it on that forum we don't know ?

get my point ?

sure be a healer but there are a few things more you can learn too

but don't hold back on what you feel you want now

------------------------------

lots of love and light to you :-)

Arcturus
11-03-2015, 07:11 PM
First thing that comes to mind is counselling. What you say fits that well it seems. Psycho-spiritual counsellor? Just one of many possibles..

My healing talent relates to understanding the physical body.

teak.
11-03-2015, 07:25 PM
I've noticed that I have this capability too. My strength lies in allowing people to talk to me and I impart very little in words, except genuine encouragement, not happy optimism. I find that people are drawn to me simply to talk. They've paid for my meals and drinks just to keep me sitting there listening and asking questions that help them sort. What's nice is that I naturally know how to filter this information. It does not affect my energy often, and if it ever does, it's not for long. I seem to naturally know how to diffuse and dispose of it. It's the only thing I can say is a calling for me.

It happens so much more to me than anyone else I know, that when I mentioned it to a kindred spirit, she suggested that we are "unwitting healers". Except now, I guess we're witting right? LOL Because we are aware that we're healing now.

Ok, so here's what speaks to me, and it'll sound a little whacky. I want to own a business that allows people the access to me so that I can provide comfort and healing in that way.

1) I could do a coffee house and work in it for most shifts. There is very little chance of making a profit here, but I don't mind that.

2) I dream of owning a bed & breakfast, again, making myself available to guests for a good portion of the day.

3) Eventually when my children are out of the home (about 4-5 years from now) I'd like to have completed the required classes to be a Reiki master. This is something I can take with me, as I imagine myself kind of drifting around the country/world (house-sitting professionally) and meeting people.

I hope that helps you think a little more outside of specifically healing in a literal sense. There is something you're drawn to, but perhaps you think it's either a) out of your league or b) it might be a step backward. Figure it out. You can do anything you want.

figaromelting
11-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Thanks for your responses I appreciate and resonate with all that you are saying. I'm not asking anyone what I should be doing specifically, I just wanted to hear some perspectives. I'm studying physical health at the moment, it's fascinating to me. but yes you are right there are many ways and many possibilities. I think we are all healers - it's just about how we use it.

Very interesting words you have shared! Teak also I can really relate. People always open up to me about their deepest emotions, especially on the street. I was once walking home and a cat walked beside me all the way down the street. It wasn't even a stray cat, it had owners.

I think what its about to me is just listening to people and being present and not judging what they say - understanding their perspective.

lemex
11-03-2015, 07:50 PM
If I might add from a perspective as a person who doesn't ask to be healed. It would seem to me it would be part of one's path and be a way of life. To heal not only the person who asked, but to heal a person who doesn't. I merely mention this because I think I have had the experience. It is just what one does. I must admit I didn't even realize. As such, do healers know just what is needed. But then, I enjoy mystery's.

figaromelting
11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
That is very true. It's usually the people that don't ask that need it most. We all need healing on some levels and just because someone is a healer doesn't mean they no longer need to be healed. They are part of the healing journey like everyone else and as they learn from other people - they heal themselves.

That is true though, I shouldn't even be thinking how, I just do

teak.
11-03-2015, 08:11 PM
If I might add from a perspective as a person who doesn't ask to be healed. It would seem to me it would be part of one's path and be a way of life. To heal not only the person who asked, but to heal a person who doesn't. I merely mention this because I think I have had the experience. It is just what one does. I must admit I didn't even realize. As such, do healers know just what is needed. But then, I enjoy mystery's.
This is true. I've never literally been asked to heal. I just know that's what's taken place after the fact.

Teak also I can really relate. People always open up to me about their deepest emotions, especially on the street. I was once walking home and a cat walked beside me all the way down the street. It wasn't even a stray cat, it had owners.

I think what its about to me is just listening to people and being present and not judging what they say - understanding their perspective.

This is how I feel about it as well. I genuinely don't judge, and I'm truly listening. And I just think that's what comes across. Sincere care for the soul in front of me.

As for animals, I also have had this experience. I had 2 dogs show up in my back yard, take a nap on my back deck, come around to the front yard after a few hours and protect my yard as though it were their own. I only gave them water after they were there for like 8 hours. I fed them very little and it wasn't until the next morning because they had spent the night on my front door step and I wanted them to leave. I had a friend pick them up to take them to see if they were microchipped, and it turned out they escaped their yard one town over and walked all the way into my city (10 miles?) and just went right for my yard.

I was once on a walk and a little dog just started following me, and walking with me. For like 30 minutes. Once I got into our downtown area, he took off. My neighbor next door found all of this very humorous. Never mind the stray cats and raccoon family and whatever else found my teeny yard in the middle of an urban landscape. There were so many other places that would have been accommodating, including homes that backed up to restaurants downtown.

BlueSky
11-03-2015, 10:39 PM
So as you can see by the title - I am a healer. It's more in the case of my general presence and my words towards people that heals them than being a hands on healer - though I'm sure I could do this too. I've done a lot of work on myself to become balanced. It's taken three years but I can finally say that I feel like I have become the person I am supposed to be.

I love to help people and inspire people and when I'm around people, I know intuitively what to say or what they need to do to help themselves. I always notice that peoples energies shift when I'm with them - they start to become more positive and start to feel on track again. It seems to happen without me doing much - I find that to be very interesting. I have never used it professionally - I also have a strong intuition.

I know part of my purpose is to heal and love and nurture - it's all of ours really. But I want to understand my own individual unique path and where to go

What do you think?
You do have a wonderful energy about you.

figaromelting
12-03-2015, 08:36 PM
This is true. I've never literally been asked to heal. I just know that's what's taken place after the fact.

This is how I feel about it as well. I genuinely don't judge, and I'm truly listening. And I just think that's what comes across. Sincere care for the soul in front of me.

As for animals, I also have had this experience. I had 2 dogs show up in my back yard, take a nap on my back deck, come around to the front yard after a few hours and protect my yard as though it were their own. I only gave them water after they were there for like 8 hours. I fed them very little and it wasn't until the next morning because they had spent the night on my front door step and I wanted them to leave. I had a friend pick them up to take them to see if they were microchipped, and it turned out they escaped their yard one town over and walked all the way into my city (10 miles?) and just went right for my yard.

I was once on a walk and a little dog just started following me, and walking with me. For like 30 minutes. Once I got into our downtown area, he took off. My neighbor next door found all of this very humorous. Never mind the stray cats and raccoon family and whatever else found my teeny yard in the middle of an urban landscape. There were so many other places that would have been accommodating, including homes that backed up to restaurants downtown.

That's so interesting, thanks for sharing!

I feel like most of my time is spent listening to others. I listen deeply with my heart - no judgement. I think people will subconsciously pick up that genuine care. I know I have to be careful though, caring so much about people, boundaries are important.

figaromelting
12-03-2015, 08:37 PM
You do have a wonderful energy about you.

That's very kind of you, thank you!

kkfern
12-03-2015, 11:48 PM
love this thread.
me too. me too. like in the postraising collective conscience and consciousness. it, spirituality, is catchie. others around us come in line with the different attitude/vibe.

people too talk to me all the time. my husband cannot understand why some people tell me the things they do. i mean reallly deep personal things.

it is healing. not the physical healing but the spiritual healing.

kk