PDA

View Full Version : My first OBE experience

GregoryScott
24-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone my name is Greg and this is my first post. It’s good to know there are like-minded souls out there. I’m sure any of you know how hard it is to talk about this to someone who has never had an OBE or is not open to the experience. Okay, here goes…

At this point I had been meditating for about 6 months. I had only read a little on Astral Projection, so I was not aware what had really happened until it was all over. I was laying flat on my bed about 15 to 20 minutes into my meditation. Usually at this point I was already completely relaxed and most of the time I would drift off to sleep. But something different was happening; my body began to vibrate. At first it was faint, and then it became very dominate within a matter of a minute of two. The sensation was euphoric; I have no other words for it. I just let the feeling take over me. The vibration was getting faster and faster. It was so fast it felt violent, but without being violent; this is very hard to describe. Anyway, all of the sudden I heard a loud pop, and then a rushing sensation, and then calm. But the odd thing was; and this has never happened to me again since; I was seeing flashes of brilliant colors along with geometric shapes flashing before my eyes. I could go into more detail but will leave it at that. Now this entire time I was still aware of my body, and was completely conscious. The next thing I knew I was flying over the bypass just a couple blocks from my home. Once again, this is hard to describe; I could feel the wind in my hair; all over my body, but without any resistance. I could see the cars going up and down the highway, people walking in and out of the buildings, horns honking, lights being turned on and off. I was fully aware of my surroundings, and at the same time conscious of my body back at home. I had never felt so in control of myself than at that very moment. I knew if I wanted it to end all I needed to do was open my eyes, so I did. This was the first one that I could remember.

Greg

nepowl
24-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for info.I to felt the vibration once or 2. So i know what I may be doing wrong . Thanks Allot for the info. blessing to all

GregoryScott
24-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for info.I to felt the vibration once or 2. So i know what I may be doing wrong . Thanks Allot for the info. blessing to all

You know, it seemed every time I would leave my body I would notice this vibration. It was the color and the symbols I never saw again. I imagine everyone has a different experience though; but to be honest I do really know. I have never talked to anyone who has had an OBE. This site has helped me understand my experience a little more. It’s a relief to know I’m not just crazy. :) Thanx for the response, and if you have any questions please ask, it will help me as well.

GregoryScott
25-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Actually, I have a question… Does anyone have any idea what the symbols were I saw during that quick transition? With each flash the symbol would change. I don’t remember the order but there were circles, triangles, squares and some other I didn’t recognize. Each one was hollow in the middle and glowing white outline. They may be nothing. Has anyone else seen these symbols, or maybe have an idea as to what they mean?

God bless this site…
Greg

Spiritlite
25-12-2010, 07:39 AM
HI thanks for the info, I don't believe i"ve ever had an OBE so I'm really interested in reading other people's experiences so I can learn from them.
Spiritlite

Shantyaikya
25-12-2010, 08:02 AM
I don’t remember the order but there were circles, triangles, squares and some other I didn’t recognize. Greg

Must be some cheat code for a playstation game...:D

Kidding aside, were they similar to a mandala (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.co m%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26amp%3Bfr %3Dyfp-t-701%26amp%3Bva%3Dmandala)? (<--link to a yahoo search)

GregoryScott
25-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Thank you for that link! There was one on that site that looked strangely familiar. As soon as I saw it I remembered there were explosions of what looked like stars surrounding the symbols; but it was so quick I don’t know if it was a mandala or not. But I do remember these symbols seemed there were alive. Hmmm, I guess it was possible it was creating a pattern… now you got me wondering…

Thank you, I’ll try and remember more.
Greg

GregoryScott
25-12-2010, 09:50 AM
HI thanks for the info, I don't believe i"ve ever had an OBE so I'm really interested in reading other people's experiences so I can learn from them.
Spiritlite

Hi Spiritlite, if there is anything you would like to ask, please do. Even though it's been 20 years since I had my first experience I have only projected 5 or 6 times after that; from what I can remember. (This is by choice, I had grown more comfortable with having the lucid dreams.) And there was only two times I can actually remember leaving my body; where I saw my physical body. The other times I was already out and in the experience already. The first time is scared me to death, even though I was already comfortable with the OBE; mostly because of the lucid dreams. I guess it was just more of a reality when I could actually see my own body laying on the bed, still, not moving; and knowing that I was fully conscious, animated and aware. Not only that, I was slipping through the wall and couldn't see my feet when I first realize what was going on. The wild thing was I could actually feel the coolness of the wall even though my astral body was slipping through it. But the shock wears off fairly quick, at least it did for me.

Greg

GregoryScott
30-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Spiritlite

Hi Spiritlite, I apologize. I just reread what I had written to your reply on this thread and it made no sense to me, so I can imagine you were a bit confused as well. So I went back in to make it a little more understandable; I hope (the post above). And I hope I didn’t make it sound like I had all the answers so you could ask me anything. I just meant feel free to ask me about my experience. As you can probable tell I never have been good at conveying my ideas or feelings for that matter.
Anyway, hope this makes more sense.
Greg