PDA

View Full Version : True love, for self and others

A19White
23-12-2010, 04:00 AM
Hi everyone, just thought it would be interesting to see people's views on true love.

I personally had to experience love for/within myself before i understood what love actually is. I'm 19 years old and I had a false sense of love my entire life, it is only recently that this has changed.

Some questions that I would like to hear other's opinions on.

-What is true love?
-How does one go about finding, realizing or experiencing true love?
-Where does true love come from?

MetaEdge
23-12-2010, 07:40 AM
From what I understand, when your in love you can feel it in your heart. True love supersedes everything until there is only you and your partner.

As for how to go about finding true love, I have no idea. But please let me know if you find out ;) Seriously though, I think it's a matter of patience.

Hope this helps :)

Ivy
23-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone, just thought it would be interesting to see people's views on true love.

I personally had to experience love for/within myself before i understood what love actually is. I'm 19 years old and I had a false sense of love my entire life, it is only recently that this has changed.

-What is true love?

I think the questions miss the point.

The importance of love is in what you do with it.

supernova
23-12-2010, 08:44 AM
True love is beyond words and you can not simply communicate it. You can just feelit. Your words cannot contain it.

MetaEdge
23-12-2010, 04:50 PM
True love is beyond words and you can not simply communicate it. You can just feelit. Your words cannot contain it.

The best things in life are like that :)

Emmalevine
23-12-2010, 05:32 PM
You can't find love, you can only be it. Love really does come from the soul and if we seek it outside we'll always be disappointed.

That doesn't mean you can't experience 'true love' with someone else; many people do. It just means real love radiates from within. Any relationships coming from real love/being will connect at a much deeper level. If you feel the love that you are and seek to radiate that love around you, you'll feel it whether in a relationship or not.

Lynn
23-12-2010, 06:37 PM

-What is true love?

Hello

For me true LOVe would be finding that place of inner peace and self acceptance.

It is in LOVing self that one can then go forward to fully LOVe other's.

Lynn

Silver
23-12-2010, 06:46 PM
These things come to mind about the question of finding it>>>

Being open and aware of all of the life and wonders around you, being aware that all of us have a unique path and realizing about "the source" ala Dr. Wayne Dwyer, that sort of thing. Relax and let life happen but don't get too relaxed LOL, while you are discovering who the real inner you is. My 2 cents.

Spiritlite
23-12-2010, 08:23 PM
You will know what true love is when you find it. True love doesn't hurt. True love is being best friends with that person, and again it does not hurt. True love is respect for one another. True love is working through life together, true love is total devotion to one another while letting your loved one still live their life and having their time that they need to do their hobbies alone time etc.
Spiritlite

Xan
24-12-2010, 03:05 AM
-What is true love?

True love is without conditions or limitations and is the source and essence of everything.

One forgives, heals and lets go of whatever is Not love within themselves... pain from the past, fear of vulnerability, unworthiness and shame... to make room in their awareness for the love that is already within them, in the Inner Heart.

From the same source of all existence... Love Itself.

Xan

A19White
24-12-2010, 03:22 AM
-What is true love?

True love is without conditions or limitations and is the source and essence of everything.

One forgives, heals and lets go of whatever is Not love within themselves... pain from the past, fear of vulnerability, unworthiness and shame... to make room in their awareness for the love that is already within them, in the Inner Heart.

From the same source of all existence... Love Itself.

Xan

Right on Xan this is my favourite post on this thread so far.

3dnow
24-12-2010, 06:58 AM

-What is true love?

To me true love should be the one that comes naturally without mine effort. Sometimes, strangely this happens when I defeat my fears successfully, I love I love with no effort it comes automatically. So strange but so cool.

3dnow

Xan
26-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Yes... effortless love... just giving attention into my inner heart.

Xan