PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as being too young?

carlycarly451
25-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Sometime last summer I was getting ready to take my dog for a run across the street. We were both in our back porch and I was sitting on the ground stretching when all of a sudden my brothers hockey mouth guard that was still in its package, just randomly flew across the room. I know its sounds strange but before it was just sitting on the table and then just took off and fell to the ground. I was so freaked out so I told my mom when she got home. Well she ended up telling her good friend who is very intuitive and she told my mom that I was "Putting too much energy out into the spiritual world" "and that I was too young." What does that mean to put too much energy out into the spiritual world and what does that have to do with age?

Tanemon
26-02-2015, 12:14 AM
I looked at your profile, which gives your age. What comes to mind, for me, is that a lot of investigation was done between about 1900 and 1965 concerning so-called poltergeist activity in people's homes. There have been a number of theories about what causes the propelling of objects and other phenomena that are often categorized under the label "poltergeist". But many investigators noticed a couple of things: 1) that such phenomena were much more often associated, in homes, with girls or women than with boys or men; 2) that often they seemed associated with girls in the early-teen and mid-teen years.

I won't offer you an explanation for what you experienced. But I'll say that, from my understanding, much more often than not no harm comes to anyone. Weird and unsettling, yes - harmful, no. Usually it passes away as the girl matures.

One other thing I'll add: Don't think that being a spirit medium or something of that sort is the only spiritual path available to you. There are other paths of spiritual development. Some are traditional (such as Buddhism, yoga/Vedanta, mystical Christianity), some are more "new age". By the way, stability and personal maturity are decent goals in themselves. :wink: