PDA

View Full Version : False Arrival experience

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 03:48 PM
FALSE ARRIVAL by Mick
One Saturday afternoon in the 1970's when i was in my 20's i was home alone while the rest of the family were out shopping in town, and i spent the time up in my room building a plastic model ship.
Around teatime i heard voices in the street outside that sounded like the family returning, then i heard our front gate unlatch, then i heard the key go in the front door, then heard their voices and footsteps come into the hallway.
Then there was dead silence.
I went downstairs to greet them but there was nobody there, i looked in the living room, kitchen, even the garden and garden shed, but nothing, they were nowhere to be seen.
I assumed they must have gone out to do a bit more shopping up the road , and i went back up to carry on with my ship.
After about an hour they came back and i asked my mother if they'd arrived earlier and gone back out again, but she said no, and hadn't a clue what i was talking about.
So i just put the earlier arrival down to a trick of the mind or a "waking dream" or whatever, and felt fascinated and privileged to have experienced it.
A few years later i happened to learn from a paranormal book that the phenomenon is fairly common, and is called "False Arrival", where somebody hears one or more friends or family members come into the house, followed by silence.

But the F.A. that led me to develop a theory on the subject was one featured in a TV prog about the paranormal. The manager of a small engineering firm was working late on his own one night doing the accounts in the old control tower on a disused airfield where his firm was renting some hangars , when he heard footsteps plodding up the stone stairs and stop outside his door.
After a short silence he impatiently called out "Well come on in then!", but nobody did. He went and opened the door but there was nobody there.

Okay here's my theory - we're all born with a "psychic shield" or "force field" or "buffer" around our brains to protect it from - dare i say it - demons and other assorted supernatural phenomena.
But if we're engaged in doing something that requires a lot of mental concentration, like me building that fiddly model ship, and the manager concentrating on his accounts, our "shield" is weakened because we're draining power from it to concentrate on tasks that require a heavy mental workload.
Hence, both of us experienced false arrivals or "visitations" by - who knows? Perhaps a whole troop of demons impersonated my family, i just don't know...
Oh, and here's something else - we hear of students killing themselves after prolonged heavy swotting for exams, so maybe they were concentrating so hard on their studies that mental power was drained from their shield and all sorts of nasties got into their heads...
Maybe thats why the Sabbath is meant as a rest day for us to relax and re-charge our shields?
And maybe prayer is another way to re-charge, by logging onto God and getting a power download?

I also heard of one FA that happened to two people in the street, they left their house with a friend, but halfway down the street the friend realised he'd forgotten something, so he ran back to the house to get it, and his two friends strolled slowly on. Soon they heard his footsteps running up behind them but when they turned round he wasn't there. Shortly after, he came running up for real.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

kundalini
30-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Mick in England,

You have proposed a very interesting theory however whatever it was that you heard was not demons or any evil spirits. For a start, they do not exist. We humans give these forces power to influence us by our belief in them.

Secondly, human beings have an electromagnetic field that surrounds the human body called an aura. Now, you were right in one respect when you said maybe it is because of the mental concentration that you were focusing at the time that you sensed these visitations. This is because when a person is doing something that deeply interests them or they enjoy doing, their mind energy expands outwards. It is at moments like these, that the mind energy can suddenly touch other dimensions, such as the astral level where a person will then have what many people would refer to as a paranormal experience, such as seeing a spirit or in your case, experiencing a visitation.

Trained psychics have the control to access these dimensions basically at will or some may say, divine will and can 'see' into other times and other places and communicate with spirits and the suchike.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Mick in England,

You have proposed a very interesting theory however whatever it was that you heard was not demons or any evil spirits. For a start, they do not exist. We humans give these forces power to influence us by our belief in them.
......Trained psychics have the control to access these dimensions basically at will or some may say, divine will and can 'see' into other times and other places and communicate with spirits and the suchike.

Ah, so you're saying that "spirits and the suchlike" do exist, but that demons and evil spirits don't?
Are all spirits good spirits then?

kundalini
30-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Ah, so you're saying that "spirits and the suchlike" do exist, but that demons and evil spirits don't?
Are all spirits good spirits then?

Thanks for correcting me. I did not put my view across in an understandable way. I mean that evil spirits do exist but they will have no influence over us UNLESS we allow them to.

Kundalini.

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 06:52 PM
.....evil spirits do exist but they will have no influence over us UNLESS we allow them to

Thank you, yes, that's what Jesus said.
So can we assume that anyone who's not a Christian has allowed evil spirits to turn them away from Christianity?

kundalini
30-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Thank you, yes, that's what Jesus said.
So can we assume that anyone who's not a Christian has allowed evil spirits to turn them away from Christianity?

No.

Kundalini.

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 07:09 PM
But Jesus spoke of love and kindness and honour and forgiveness and compassion, these are all things that demons hate.
So have nonchristians and atheists allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their mind against Jesus?
I mean, what normal sensible human being wouldn't want to follow Jesus?

kundalini
30-08-2006, 07:30 PM
But Jesus spoke of love and kindness and honour and forgiveness and compassion, these are all things that demons hate.
So have nonchristians and atheists allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their mind against Jesus?

Hi Mick In England,

No, I do not believe nonchristians and atheists have allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their minds against Jesus. I know Jesus existed and yet I am not a Christian follower. Also, please define normal and sensible as they appear to be completely out of context with regards to Jesus as a spiritual man.

daisy
30-08-2006, 07:41 PM

each to his own surely??being non religious doesn't mean your poisoned against christ, its about choice and free will

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 08:12 PM
The Bible calls Satan "The Great Deceiver" because he's so good at conning people and leading them up the garden path, Shakespeare even wrote a play about it called MacBeth.
Basically demons will pretend to be friendly and helpful so they can get a foot in the door of our minds and slowly lever their way in.
The Bible warns us about it.

kundalini
30-08-2006, 08:43 PM
The Bible calls Satan "The Great Deceiver" because he's so good at conning people and leading them up the garden path, Shakespeare even wrote a play about it called MacBeth.
Basically demons will pretend to be friendly and helpful so they can get a foot in the door of our minds and slowly lever their way in.
The Bible warns us about it.

Sorry, Mick In England but Satan does not exist.

It is humans and humans alone who have the choice to act with good or bad intentions. To say it is the work of another is not taking responsibility for your own actions.

daisy
30-08-2006, 08:54 PM
seconded k!!!

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Okay, so the two of you say Satan doesn't exist.
But Jesus said he does exist.
So who shall I believe, you or the Son of God?

kundalini
30-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay, so the two of you say Satan doesn't exist.
But Jesus said he does exist.
So who shall I believe, you or the Son of God?

It is upto you, I already know who you believe. No-one here shall force their beliefs on you. I have two arguments. One, if Jesus did say this, I do not believe he was referring to an entity. I believe he was referring to the darkest extremes that human beings are capable of. Secondly, it is highly possible and perhaps even more likely that members of the Christian religion created the idea of an entity such as Satan to terrify people into turning to their religion.

Kundalini.

daisy
30-08-2006, 10:30 PM
exactly, people choose whether they are going to be 'good' or 'bad' and the personality doesn't change when they cross, so if there are 'bad' spirits over there it is the spirits of 'bad' people from here

Mick in England
30-08-2006, 11:03 PM
WE'RE BEING PROBED CAPTAIN by Mick
We're ALL under demonic oppression every waking moment, christian or nonchristian or atheist, til the day we die.
Demons are constantly probing us to detect any personality flaws or traits that they can home in on and make flare up.
"You murdering ministers that tend on mortal thoughts" (Lady Macbeth to demons)
Satan even had a go at Jesus, saying "Hungry mate? No prob, just turn a few stones to loaves of bread!", to which Jesus replied "Take a hike bub".
The moral? - If you give in to demonic probing you give them a foot in the door of your mind which can lead to eventual possession -
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)
"Report, Mr. Spock"
"We're being probed Captain, source and origin unknown.."
"Shields up Mr. Chekov!"
"Aye-aye Keptin"

kundalini
30-08-2006, 11:06 PM
WE'RE BEING PROBED CAPTAIN by Mick
We're ALL under demonic oppression every waking moment, christian or nonchristian or atheist, til the day we die.
Demons are constantly probing us to detect any personality flaws or traits that they can home in on and make flare up.
"You murdering ministers that tend on mortal thoughts" (Lady Macbeth to demons)
Satan even had a go at Jesus, saying "Hungry mate? No prob, just turn a few stones to loaves of bread!", to which Jesus replied "Take a hike bub".
The moral? - If you give in to demonic probing you give them a foot in the door of your mind which can lead to eventual possession -
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)
"Report, Mr. Spock"
"We're being probed Captain, source and origin unknown.."
"Shields up Mr. Chekov!"
"Aye-aye Keptin"

You display fearful beliefs. Kundalini.

daisy
30-08-2006, 11:09 PM
you must live a life of constant fear, all your points seem very negative so far like we can't really win whatever we do, isn't that depressing?

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 09:48 AM
you must live a life of constant fear, all your points seem very negative so far like we can't really win whatever we do, isn't that depressing?

Don't be afraid of demons, no Christian is :)
Jesus taught us how to deal with them :)
In fact demons are scared of Christians, the demon in a possessed woman on an internet message board made her post to her mates - "Don't mess with Mick folks, he's a tough nut to crack"..
Anybody who's afraid to admit they exist is like a young bunny rabbit about to leave the burrow for the first time.
"Watch out for the fox" his pals warn him, but he replies "I'll be alright, I don't believe in foxes, bye.......................aaargh!!!"

kundalini
31-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Don't be afraid of demons, no Christian is :)
Jesus taught us how to deal with them :)
In fact demons are scared of Christians, the demon in a possessed woman on an internet message board made her post to her mates - "Don't mess with Mick folks, he's a tough nut to crack"..
Anybody who's afraid to admit they exist is like a young bunny rabbit about to leave the burrow for the first time.
"Watch out for the fox" his pals warn him, but he replies "I'll be alright, I don't believe in foxes, bye.......................aaargh!!!"

Yeah, okay. I have no fear of demons because they do not exist.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I have no fear of demons because they do not exist.

Huh? You believe in spirits, right?
So you must believe in demons which are spirits too !

kundalini
31-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Huh? You believe in spirits, right?
So you must believe in demons which are spirits too !

Yes but I do not class them as 'demons'. I call them 'dark spirits' and yet dark spirits can have no effect on a person unless that person willingly allows them to.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes but I do not class them as 'demons'. I call them 'dark spirits' and yet dark spirits can have no effect on a person unless that person willingly allows them to.

Congratulations, you'll make Archbishop of Canterbury yet :)
You've just said exactly what Jesus said about not giving in to demons.
Incidentally he also called them "evil spirits" or "unclean spirits", but they're all the same thing, invisible entities who will turn on the charm to make you drop your guard so they can wheedle their way into your head and start subtly bending your will to theirs..

kundalini
31-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Congratulations, you'll make Archbishop of Canterbury yet :)
You've just said exactly what Jesus said about not giving in to demons.
Incidentally he also called them "evil spirits" or "unclean spirits", but they're all the same thing, invisible entities who will turn on the charm to make you drop your guard so they can wheedle their way into your head and start subtly bending your will to theirs..

No, I would not make Archbishop of Canterbury because I will never adhere to a religion. That is my choice. Also, demons do not attack people 24/7. Should you believe this, then I would say you are acting in a deluded manner. Stop shirking responsibility for yourself. There is nothing to overcome but what you know you need to. It surprises me that someone who appears to be intelligent reads the Bible and believes everything it says. It is as though you are open-minded to nothing but what your religion states. Can you not see that this is a narrow-minded way of looking at the world? You also believe that you're following the right path and yet since you have been on these forums, I have seen no-one before you so intent on provoking other people, stirring up anger and trying to spread fear.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 06:53 PM
demons do not attack people 24/7

Well what do they do?

kundalini
31-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Well what do they do?

They do many things. Mainly, 'bad spirits' are usually souls who are confused after crossing over suddenly and have not realised they are dead. This is an aspect of mediumship sometimes, to actually help a soul realise this point.

I do however, agree that there are 'bad spirits' in the lower astral realms although many people will not have access to these realms unless they travel there, which I suppose would be pretty pointless. One other way, of being able to see these bad spirits is through the use of mind-altering drugs which can expand the mind energy so much that it enables the user to see into these realms. Even then though, they can do us no physical harm, just attempt to frighten us. Kundalini.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Our normal emotions only become a problem when they flare up out of control due to Satans prompting.
An example I read about was in the biography of a pioneer woman on the Alberta prairie a hundred years ago,she said her mother developed the unhealthy obsession that something terrible was going to happen to her kids at school, so she used to stand at the window for hours on end fretting and worrying,watching for their return.
Eventually she had a breakdown and her whole health went downhill and she died in middleage. (Nothing harmful ever happened to the kids)

kundalini
31-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Our normal emotions only become a problem when they flare up out of control due to Satans prompting.
An example I read about was in the biography of a pioneer woman on the Alberta prairie a hundred years ago,she said her mother developed the unhealthy obsession that something terrible was going to happen to her kids at school, so she used to stand at the window for hours on end fretting and worrying,watching for their return.
Eventually she had a breakdown and her whole health went downhill and she died in middleage. (Nothing harmful ever happened to the kids)

Listen, I respect your beliefs but that is a classic example of the Law Of Attraction and also it is negative thinking at it's worst. Whilst nothing happened to her kids, because she kept focusing on her problems, those problems became so great that they affected her mental health which in turn may have an affect on her physical health.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Incidentally do spiritualists make money out of charging people for readings and stuff?
Christians don't, all our advice is free because we're not in it for the money, we simply enjoy helping people :)
"We don't sell the word for profit,unlike many" (2 Corinthians 2:17)

kundalini
31-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Incidentally do spiritualists make money out of charging people for readings and stuff?
Christians don't, all our advice is free because we're not in it for the money, we simply enjoy helping people :)
"We don't sell the word for profit,unlike many" (2 Corinthians 2:17)

It is true that some mediums charge for their services. However, for those highly-trained ones, it is the best way to make a living. Also, there are many Christian mediums. It is not advice which mediums give out, though they may do so, it is information that is pertinent to that person's path in life. I am not saying that all medium's information is correct because mediums can and do get it wrong sometimes but the ones with highly-developed skill will get it right 99.9% of the time. I believe most mediums of that calibre would also say that they may get it wrong about future events but I would think after giving out the correct information about a person's past, a person may regard what they say about the future to be correct.

Also, do not say there are no true Christian mediums for there are many Christian denominations worldwide and that cannot be refuted.

Kundalini.

Mick in England
31-08-2006, 11:34 PM
.. there are many Christian mediums..

Ha ha ha, I see now you've got a great sense of humour :)
The Bible strictly forbids mediums, and it therefore follows that any medium can't be a Christian :)

kundalini
31-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Ha ha ha, I see now you've got a great sense of humour :)
The Bible strictly forbids mediums, and it therefore follows that any medium can't be a Christian :)

Maybe they are open-minded Christians!

BLAIR2BE
01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
Mick,
Its Invalid To Say Christians can't Be Mediums.
Christianity warns Against Mediumship And The Like, Because For Christians, This may Lead Followers Down A Path Opposit Of Christian Morals And Away From God (this Is True For Anyone - Any Of Us Could Follow A Dark Path, If We Chose To). But I Have Never Read A Passage That Forbids Anything. For Christians (and All Of Man) Are Given Free Will.

**if Mediumship Has Been Forbidden, A Preacher Is Probably The One Who Forbade It, And That Would Be Inappropriate For A Man To Speak For The Christian Version Of God
I Have Not Read The Entire Bible, So If You Can Direct Me To A Passage That Forbids Mediumship, I Will Eat My Words.

-SERENITY AND LOVE

violetmay
01-09-2006, 11:00 AM
If I am alone whether concentrating or just chilling.. I hear a phone ring and the callers voice before they call.. I know the phone didn't ring really, but know to expect a call.

Ref your callers.. this was a calling card saying your family were on their way home, IMO. I don't think it is anything evil.

I've heard car engines, bike engines, and a gate open, the dog has sat up waiting for the visitor, no-one comes until half an hour later.. it is a warning or notice that someone is on their way home. If you have pets, watch them when a family member is due home, they will get up and listen, and start, and sit down all confused.. it is because they feel them near.

I am not negating your views...

Ref demons.... unsure if that is right word I'd use, and the devil.. again unsure.. but there are good and bad souls in life and in death. they say old nick was a fallen angel, perhaps...

Yes bad people dead or alive will try friendly means to seduce you into letting them in, if you let them. But e.g.. my current director, was introduced to us. He is goodlooking, flirty, charming, offering solutions to situations the other women were all over him, 'isn't he nice' they beamed and fell under his charm.

I was terrified... even though is very good looking and smiley, I shook his hand, looked into his eyes and wanted to run out of room. His eyes locked with mine, and I saw exactly who he is and what he wants. He was mocking us, doing the necessary meet and greet, inside it was a means to an end. He looked evil and scary.

I felt the phrase wolf in sheeps clothing come to mind.

No-one told him I'd said it. He called me for a meeting, I was trying to resign. He looked me in the eye and said, 'I know you think I am a wolf in sheeps clothing'. I asked who had told, and only one person knew. she is loyal. He said, 'no matter', we worked out the issue of the meeting I did not leave. As he got up to leave I joked, 'maybe not a wolf in sheeps clothing', he turned around and flashed a smile, and said, 'how do you know? you may just be right.'

From then on I put a white protective shield at my door and around my things and myself and my colleagues. He rarely sets foot in the office now, and if he needs to speak to me hovers in the door way and says his peice and leaves.

He might not be the devil.. but he had intentions that have since come to light that a sheep would not have done.

Mick in England
01-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Mick,
Its Invalid To Say Christians can't Be Mediums.

Christians follow the Bible.
Therefore if somebody doesn't follow the Bible he isn't a Christian, even if he calls himself one.
For example if he's a medium, astrologer, spiritualist etc, (or consults them), he's disobeying the Bible and is therefore not a Christian -

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God." (Lev 19:31)
God says:-"I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists" (Lev 20:6)
"Saul expelled the mediums and spiritists from the land." (1 Sam 28:3)
"Josiah got rid of the mediums and spiritists and idols and all the other abominations." (2 Kings 23:24)
"He stargazed and used spells and witchcraft,and spoke to demons and wizards,he did much evil in the sight of the Lord" (2 Chron 33:6)
"When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living?" (Isaiah 8:19)

violetmay
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I've read this thread from start to finish... and have a feeling, (just a normal feeling), that mick perhaps may be playing devils advocate for his own amusement and does not appear to be receptive of the diverse aspects of this forum. In fact it's as if he registered to challenge this forum.

I have seen this on other forums, where people join for their own reasons other than they have some empathy with it, and then go on another forum to report 'what fun they are having' stirring up the folk on this or that forum.

I think I will cease from replying to his posts and if they appear antagonisitic would advise others to do the same. We are simply playing an argument game with him here, a polite one, but every reply someone has given has met with the same stance, one that a christian would not be a medium, and he is clearly devout christian and a fearful one, and a startrek fan.

I feel this forum is for polite, healthy and friendly discussion, not a place for sorting out the christians from the non... there are other christianity based forums where mick will meet no objections.

Please mick if you are playing, or have come to this site believing it to be a another type, and not one where we are psychics and believers of a range of faiths, can you stop playing devils advocate, and play nicely as we are nice here from what I've seen, or find another forum where you will meet more like minded folk of you own design.

This is not meant with any malice, but your negativity is very provoative and not very nice. You could make some friends on here.. it's a nice place can we keep it that way.

violetmay
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I see he is now banned.. so could have saved my pinkies there... think we have been what is called in the forum game.. had. how sad.

lumas
01-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Hi violetmay although i am glad that we dont have to endure the bad feeling that mick in England was putting across i feel sympathy for mick and all people who are kept from the truth by what is written in the bible. there are so many who are very spiritualy aware but believe they are being tempted by the devil/demons just for thinking about anything that is written outside the scope of the bible we must pray that someone gets through to them.

ONE DAY THE ALL KNOWING WILL INHERIT THE EARTH GOD BLESS YOU ALL....

violetmay
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi violetmay although i am glad that we dont have to endure the bad feeling that mick in England was putting across i feel sympathy for mick and all people who are kept from the truth by what is written in the bible. there are so many who are very spiritualy aware but believe they are being tempted by the devil/demons just for thinking about anything that is written outside the scope of the bible we must prey that someone gets through to them.

ONE DAY THE ALL KNOWING WILL INHERIT THE EARTH GOD BLESS YOU ALL....

Yes, that is right... I hope I didn't come accross as unsympathetic, and am aware that people think tarot is the gateway to the devil.. so if he has been lead to feel this it is sad. But I just felt there was an element of stir it up, maybe a bit jaded from other forums who think it's fun to do that. Or the element of an internet warrior... but I do wish him well... and hope his fears are overcome and he is open to change.xx:angel8:

BLAIR2BE
05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
The Issue With Christian Dogma Is That The Scripture Has Been Re- Translated And Re-edited With The Whim Of Every Passing King Of The Old Age. So What Is Supposed To Be Viewed As God's Word Has Been Tainted By Fallible, And Many Times, Corrupt Man (ill Go No Further Because Everyone Here Seems To Have A Good Grasp On That). Mick May Have Felt Righttious With His Comments. He Represents A World Of Black And White (absolutely Wrong And Absolutly Right) That We Live In. I Was Raised Within A Christian Family; Some Aspects Of Religious Dogma are Frightening. The Thought (as A Child) Of Going To A Burning Hell For All Eternity For Not Following <elledged> God's Word And Decree Is, Well, Scary. Southern Baptist Teaches That In Heaven One Will Spend All Of Eternity At The Feat Of God In Praise And Worship- This Idea To Me Sounds More "accult" Than The Accult.
It Does Require Stregnth And Courage To Overcome Such Mental Conditioning. I Hope That People Will Begin To Realize That the religionless are Not Godless Beasts. And That In Fact The God We Speak Of Here Transcends The "he" And The "his". That God Is "bigger" Than Trumpets And Streets Of Gold And Thrones (may Have Sounded Good In, Say... The 6th Century):>)!