PDA

View Full Version : Grounding

jeremy67
30-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi there everybody :smile:

Does anyone have any good tips for grounding they could share, please?

I think I've been trying to nudge my awareness a bit too hard recently and it has destabilised me a little; I'm tending to feel a bit "floaty" and not quite all there! lol

Advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Love and Light,
Jeremy :cool:

Bob23
30-08-2006, 01:49 PM
The disciple asked his teacher how long it would take to transcend if he practiced hard for at least four hours everyday. The teacher told him it would take ten years to transcend if he practiced for four hours per day.

The disciple then asked if he was to practice even harder for eight hours per day, how long would it then take to transcend. The answer he received was that it would take twenty years to transcend.

After asking why it would take double the time to achieve his goal rather than half the time, his teacher answered, "Life is to be lived in it's natural and everyday way without trying to push it into something else by withdrawing from the ground of simply and naturally living."

Both of them then went on a meandering walk for no particular reason or purpose other than...they just enjoyed walking...without trying to get to any particular destination...nor were they trying to walk in any special or higher way...just a simple, purposeless walk...just for the hell of it.

:wink:

kundalini
30-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi jeremy67, I believe that the best advice for grounding is physical exercise. Running is very good, even walking. It is said that even in the last 2000 years, monks would walk upto three miles each day for pretty much this reason.

However, should you be not in this way inclined, I find the following exercise to be quite helpful:

1. Stand up with your back straight but relaxed.
2. Visualise a stream of red or white light pouring from your ROOT CHAKRA and flowing down through your FEET CHAKRA also and flowing down into the Earth below. It may help to 'see' yourself in the countryside as this will aid your connection with earth.
3. Hold this image and really feel that you are grounded. Know it to be true.
4. Then visualise this light disappearing and imagine that your root and feet chakra are now closing up and then closed.
5. Once again, know you are grounded.

I think this is a pretty good technique. Also, on an extra note, being in water, such as having a bath or a shower, is supposed to be good for grounding too as is eating nutritious food. Hope this helps, Kundalini.

daisy
30-08-2006, 02:15 PM
visualise closing your crown chakra and at the same time white light running down inside from your crown right down into the soles of your feet and visualise this light then spreading out of your feet out and down into the earth, like the roots of a tree this should help xx ps thank your helpers and tell them you have 'closed' for now.

kundalini
30-08-2006, 05:31 PM
visualise closing your crown chakra and at the same time white light running down inside from your crown right down into the soles of your feet and visualise this light then spreading out of your feet out and down into the earth, like the roots of a tree this should help xx ps thank your helpers and tell them you have 'closed' for now.

That's a good idea daisy. I like the idea of telling your helpers that you have closed down. I may employ that now I've begun mediumship, if you don't mind!

daisy
30-08-2006, 08:19 PM
i would do, tell them when your starting ask them to come forward but only allow truth etc come through, then ask them to step back when you done

kundalini
30-08-2006, 08:34 PM
i would do, tell them when your starting ask them to come forward but only allow truth etc come through, then ask them to step back when you done

Thanks for the advice daisy, I appreciate it and I will adhere to it.

jeremy67
30-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all your advice, thoughts and suggestions guys... I will try some of those techniques tomorrow when I get a few quiet moments :smile:

Love and Light,

daisy
30-08-2006, 09:52 PM
let us know how it goes jeremy xx

Mother Goose
31-08-2006, 01:32 AM
I think I may need to try these techniques too. They sound like they would be very helpful.

jeremy67
01-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Daisy, I tried your grounding method this afternoon, and it worked very well for me... It brought me back down to earth gently with a wonderful glow.

Doing the exercise standing up really helped the energy to flow down from my crown chakra out through my feet. The idea of closing my crown chakra and working the white light down through my body had the effect of "draining" negative energies and worries away.

I did as you suggested and respectfully asked my spirit friends and guides to step back while I did this exercise, and I got the impression as they retreated that they approved of what I was doing :smile:

Interestingly, once I had finished I found myself, without thinking, doing a cleansing exercise called Kenyoku that I was taught when I was learning Reiki. This consists of brushing your right hand diagonally down across your torso whilst exhaling, then the same with the left hand, and then with the right hand again. After that the right hand sweeps down the left arm, then the left hand down the right arm, then finally right hand down left arm again, exhaling each time. It is a process of purification and dispersal of negative energies.

Anyway, the overall effect was very pleasing, and I shall be doing it again soon :smile:

Love and Light,

Mother Goose
01-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Interestingly, once I had finished I found myself, without thinking, doing a cleansing exercise called Kenyoku that I was taught when I was learning Reiki. This consists of brushing your right hand diagonally down across your torso whilst exhaling, then the same with the left hand, and then with the right hand again. After that the right hand sweeps down the left arm, then the left hand down the right arm, then finally right hand down left arm again, exhaling each time. It is a process of purification and dispersal of negative energies.

Thank you for sharing that! I will be trying that myself. :)

jeremy67
01-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Thank you for sharing that! I will be trying that myself. :)

Please do, Mother Goose :smile:

Kenyoku is just a part of a series of energy exercises called Hatsu Rei Ho which strengthens your energy flow and makes you a better Reiki channel, but the Kenyoku technique works very well on its own for getting rid of negative energies.

By the way, as you do each sweep of the hand, I find it works better if the exhaling is done more in the way of a sigh or a grunt (!)

Love and Light,
Jeremy67 :cool:

Mother Goose
01-09-2006, 07:22 PM
By the way, as you do each sweep of the hand, I find it works better if the exhaling is done more in the way of a sigh or a grunt (!)
I'll keep that in mind.

I've had free reiki attunements, but I haven't done anything in regards to learning much yet. Life has been a huge roller coaster ride lately and I haven't made the time.