PDA

View Full Version : Understanding our life lessons

StarRobin
13-02-2015, 07:42 PM
I personally believe we are here to learn and our souls to grow. As much as I sometimes wish I could turn back the clock and change things, say no to people so they couldn't take advantage, stop myself from being hurt, I stop myself and thank those people for teaching me those life lessons. They have made me the person I am today and led me to places I didn't think I would go. I know I am a lot more understanding of people now than I was years ago. I have changed, for the better, I've got more confident too.

What do you all think about 'life lessons'?

:angel7:

Lorelyen
13-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Same as you, really. You've hit on something so very valuable about "evolving". Reflecting, contemplating, meditating on ones past failures difficulties/ unsettled "business" with a view to understanding their relevance to the now is so much the way forward. If you'll excuse me saying so, a most inspiring comment.

:smile:

vitaraq18
13-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Life throws obstacles that we have to get past and we learn how to get past them. Life may seem unfair but I love it I truly do.
Namaste to you all :D

Ivy
13-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Yep, similar to you. I don't thank people that hurt or abuse others though - they do what they do because that is the way they have chosen to respond to their own lives. Instead, I am grateful for the inner guidance and for me finding a way to heal and make the most of whatever life offers.

Kulstor
13-02-2015, 11:07 PM
I think we are here all to help each other to learn and grow, and if what they say from over there is true, it never really ends. Though there are sort of rest periods where one may seem to cruise along and not learn much.

StarRobin
14-02-2015, 03:17 PM
I am currently studying a counselling skills course and I don't think I would have been led to it if it weren't for what happened in my life. I want to help people, to let them know they can talk and be heard. I don't know what I'd be doing now if it weren't for those things that happened. Amazing where life takes you!

vitaraq18
14-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Amazing where life takes you!
True life is one roller coaster :D

Miss Hepburn
16-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Life lessons?
I know that it has taken me at least 3 lives to learn one simple
thing!
And I still slip back into it...has to do with saying things about others...always true...but still...
if you can't say something nice why keep that energy going if it wasn't good to begin with!

I'm going to conquer this character flaw this time though.
Now, that I am major aware it has plagued me other past lives.
And just this...this simple thing keeps me from reaching higher or maintaining
a desirable level...I don't know how to say it.

7luminaries
18-02-2015, 10:43 PM
I personally believe we are here to learn and our souls to grow. As much as I sometimes wish I could turn back the clock and change things, say no to people so they couldn't take advantage, stop myself from being hurt, I stop myself and thank those people for teaching me those life lessons. They have made me the person I am today and led me to places I didn't think I would go. I know I am a lot more understanding of people now than I was years ago. I have changed, for the better, I've got more confident too.

I would probably stop short at "thank". IMO it's enough to strive for compassion and to send goodwill & blessings to those who have acted or reacted in ways that are in service to self at the expense of others (for lack of a better phrase).

I think many of the lessons we learn are relevant to our current reality and navigating the landmines of those operating from vibrations and worldviews in service to self.

And IMO a great deal of he healing we require and hopefully receive or perform for ourselves actually involves unlearning many of the lessons (and their corollaries) we have had to learn in order to cope or survive.

It is my dearest hope that in future there are many lessons that will require neither being learnt nor then unlearnt. And we can simply remain and be ever more deeply in the place of love, conscious innocence, and goodwill.

Agreed generally otherwise, though :wink:

Peace & blessings,
7L

adamm[]
18-02-2015, 11:24 PM
If we are truley immortal and infinite that means we have had unlimited past lives and unlimited future lives, therefore there is nothing for the soul to learn because infinite past lives means we must have already learned everything there is to learn?? no??

unless after learning everything there is to learn, our souls go through some kind of soul death and then are reborn to learn it all over again.

lemex
19-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Removed post

Touched
20-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Life lessons? To learn what? To grow into what?

Those are the questions that come to my mind.

I do have answers, I have for years, and I continue to watch them change...

girlsearching
20-02-2015, 03:41 PM
I think we each have our own life experiences to learn, also as a people we have history and culture that we learned from. I like to think we're all Spiritual beings just living a Human Experience, I was recently talking to my brother and we were talking about ascending, and he believes hell is our earth now. We had a conversation about what if we end right back here on earth again because of the mistakes we have made again ? .

ajay00
21-02-2015, 09:54 AM

' Life lessons' are cool alright, and natural after a certain age. Only thing I wish is that we had all this knowledge in a capsuled form in the beginning itself instead of gaining it with very hard experiences, which even knock out some who are fragile.

This is perhaps a shortcoming of the modern competitive educational system, which focuses more on the art of making a living ,without much focus on the art of living.

LadyMay
21-02-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't believe in them, anymore.

I believe we incarnate for experience. We 'learn' things along the way but they are things we already know before incarnating. But it's sort of like the difference between being a scientist and theoretically knowing how time travel works and being a time traveller and actually experiencing time travel.

Ivy
21-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Perhaps personal development is a more accurate term than life lessons. People tend to relate lessons to the modern schooling system of gaining intellectual knowledge of a subject.

But really life lessons develop attributes such as compassionate understanding, empathy, patience, resilience, depth and wisdom. Of course we gather knowledge along the way too (and of course people can live and not use lifes lessons to develop too), but to me, the deeper part of learning is that personal development.