PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly goings on!

StarRobin
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to share some experiences I've had with spirits. Like I say in a previous thread, I haven't seen one, but I have sensed them, heard them and smelled them!

I think the most vivid times were when I was with a then partner. I'll just refer to him as...him! He lived with his parents in a good sized home and it was a pretty old place, but to look at it you wouldn't think so. He had told me he thought it was haunted, he had experienced things like noises and floor boards squeaking when he knew no one was up and about. I thought it was really interesting. The room next to his was used when his sister's kids stayed over and he said there was more activity in there. I hadn't experienced anything from that room at first, but every time I walked past it, I felt uncomfortable, especially when the door was wide open. In daylight it was a bit more bearable but I still found it odd. One day, we were watching a film and there was knocking on the wall from that room, about 4 times. No one else was in the house. We tried to debunk it but nothing was out of place and no windows open, nothing. I felt fine but thought it was strange.

Another night, again just us in the house, he had been in one of his drunken moods and finally fell asleep. I couldn't sleep and stayed up til after 4am. During the time I was still awake, I heard the floor board creak. This particular one only creaked when stepped on. I felt as if I was being watched after that and I really couldn't sleep.

One evening and probably the last time I experienced something, was when I was in the shower. He was making tea downstairs and as I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel, I heard a man clear his throat, like a cough. It was definitely a man because of the tone of it. I was thinking "please let it be my partner, please let it be him". It sounded like it came from the bathroom but I wanted to check, maybe he was still upstairs. I shouted along the landing...and he shouted from downstairs. That's when I realised it couldn't have been him making the cough sound. He couldn't have sneaked downstairs because I definitely would have heard him go past.

I never felt threatened by the spirits in there, uncomfortable at times but no evil, nothing like that. I wonder if they just wanted to make themselves known, or, more deeply, if they were warning me about my partner. He's a long story put it that way!

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
13-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Hello, it is alway a bit creaky at night, as the house cools down boards do creak.. I know you try to be logical about things..
You mau be aware that Water actually enhances spirityal contact.
Just watch Mediyms working in an SP chyrch, they sip water all the time they are working.
The fact activity seemed to increase when that other room was occupied by a young relative is also quite common..Paricularly in the 11 to 15 age group, also the very young.

I'd say someone may be trying to get your attention.. Next time, Ask out .. say something like 'Ok you have my attention, who are you? Want do you want? You may get a respinse, you might not... But if you don't ask you may never know.. But do not mess with such things as a Ouija board.

Deal with what you have...Take it one step at a time.
Could this be a previous resident of the property, who is thinking they still live there...

desert rat
13-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I did not hear the noise , so it would be hard for me to say if it were some thing natural or a ghost telling you that your boy friend is not a good guy .

vitaraq18
13-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Just in-case I would use a Sage and Lavender smudging stick.

desert rat
13-02-2015, 07:13 PM
If you want the ghost gone , then you could do a smudging , I have a post in the links sec. with smudghing links . If it is a ghost and is not hurting any one , then I would just let it be . You could talk to him/her , let them know there dead and its time to move on .

StarRobin
13-02-2015, 07:50 PM
He's not my partner now, I dumped him almost 2 years ago! :smile:

Thank you all. Looking back now I agree with desert rat. I actually think the spirit(s) were warning me about him. I knew he was not good, but like I said, he's a long story and I didn't feel strong enough at the time to do anything about it. When I was with him in that house, it was where I've experienced most of ghostly activity. I should have thanked those spirits really as I should have listened to them sooner!

:smile: