PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

amberdawn_8389
21-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello. I'm new here, and to all of the paranormal stuff. I was just wondering, what is astral projection exactly? What is its purpose? I've never done it, and I guess I'm a skeptic about the whole thing. I have friends that say they have done it, but when I asked them these questions, they couldn't tell me a thing. I think someday I might want to try it, if I can get some reassuring information on it. Thanks. :)

Alan
21-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Astral projection is the conscious act of entering the astral plane. What you should be asking is "what is the astral plane?". The astral plane is a higher dimension which pretty much everyone and everything co-exists in. That means that we don't so much "go" to the astral as we do "awaken" there. The astral is the place where each person, and animals, go to each night when they go to sleep. This is where dreams take place, as dreams are just artificial fantasy-like hallucinations from our subconscious which become full holographic illusions due to the nature and laws of the astral.

There is more to the astral than simply dreaming and the physical counter-part of it (physical = this world). There are higher levels which have no physical counterpart, as the astral is a vast place. The astral is also where people who are physically dead will go to.

Stormweaver
22-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey Amberdawn

Astral Projection is when your consciousness leaves your human body and enters a world which our human eyes are not capable of seeing.

From there you have your astral body, its a form of energy made of light. It is connected to your physical body called "silver cord" just like an umbilical cord, however sometimes people can see it, sometimes its invisible.

There are many ways of getting into the astral world, but to get into it, its all trial and error as everyone is different.

On Youtube there are plenty of information about astral projection. However for good detailed info on how to induce it, this forum is excellent as there are plenty of people who can astral project and are willing to give you advice.

I havnt personally astral projected successfully, but being half way there and feeling sensations with hearing oddly things, i believe it is real.

amberdawn_8389
22-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Hm. It sounds reasonable. I guess since I hadn't heard of it until I got older I just blew it off as something crazy. I'll have to try it one day, although it kind of freaks me out a little bit. lol.

amberdawn_8389
22-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh, another question...What exactly leaves your body when you astral project??

Xan
22-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Your consciousness in your astral body leaves your physical body. It is one of several energy bodies that we have.

There's a lot of learn about astral projection, amberdawn. I recommend a book by William Buhlman called "The Secret of the Soul" which has fascinating stories and useful information, whether you want to learn to project or not.

Xan

amberdawn_8389
23-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Ah. I was just wondering, because someone told me that it was your soul that left your body; and I was thinking that if your sould left your body, wouldn't you be dead then?

Xan
23-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Some people call astral projection "soul travel" or inter-dimensional spirit travel but the terms are defined differently.

And yes... your life force doesn't leave your body.

Xan

amberdawn_8389
23-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Ohh...well thanks Xan, you just cleared up a lot of confusion for me. lol.

Trace
21-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Some people call astral projection "soul travel" or inter-dimensional spirit travel but the terms are defined differently.

And yes... your life force doesn't leave your body.

Xan

When you say your life force doesnt leave your body , are you meaning your aura is still surrounding your physical body?

Xan
21-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Your aura will change when out of body because it is made up of not just your life force but various other energies of your astral body.

Xan