PDA

View Full Version : Sensitivity - Is this my feeling or someone else's?

mysterious
21-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I posted a question where I said this:

"When people are a little rude, I get offended because I feel there is no need and don't treat others like this. I take it to heart and feel my heart and throat chakra blocked"

A knowledgeable person answered the question saying this:
"You are empathic and feel their insecurity and lack of compassion in your throat and heart chakras"

What I want to know is:
how do I know that what I am feeling in my chakras is due to me (and therefore my chakra being blocked) or the other person who has offended me? How can I distinguish and know the difference between my energy and somebody else's?

Hope this makes sense and hope you guys can help :confused:

Lisa
21-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, whether it is from you or another,
it's your heart and your throat.

Whether it is your energy or their energy,
it is your reaction.

Acceptance dissolves reaction,
whatever the source may be. :tweety:

mysterious
21-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks, that's a great answer - I shall be trying that out - its true since whatever you focus on you attract. Thanks for the well-being tip!:wave:

CK39
21-12-2010, 07:07 PM

"When people are a little rude, I get offended because I feel there is no need and don't treat others like this. I take it to heart and feel my heart and throat chakra blocked"

"You are empathic and feel their insecurity and lack of compassion in your throat and heart chakras"

What I want to know is:
how do I know that what I am feeling in my chakras is due to me (and therefore my chakra being blocked) or the other person who has offended me? How can I distinguish and know the difference between my energy and somebody else's?

If you are standing next to a person who said nothing and you get the response that you are describing you are having an empathic moment. If the person says something and you have the response that you are describing, then what you are experiencing is a autonomic response to threat.

CK

Xan
22-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Someone taught me this years ago, and I've been grateful ever since.

When you want to know what's your feeling and what's another's that you are picking up empathically.... pull your energy body in up to your skin. Whatever you feel then is yours.

If you're not sure how... just imagine it. Works just as good.

But here's another point I've come to that I like even better.

If I can feel someone else's rudeness or negative feelings I can also give compassion to them through the same energy link. Who needs caring and compassion more than those who are so bound up in themselves that they act hurtfully to others?

Xan

mysterious
22-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks Xan - I am aware of visualisation and do understand what you mean. I can see that you are probably someone who is rather spiritually developed to a great extent and have good spiritual knowledge. Thanks for the tip! :occasion14:

Sangress
22-12-2010, 12:55 PM
What Xan has described is very useful.

I have come to know that behavior/technique as "Pulling in or Contracting your Aura."

It follows the principle that whoever is near you, and whoever you are conversing with interacts with your own aura in a natural energetic way.

Most people, when threatened in some way, subconsciously/instinctually pull their aura in tight close to their skin as a defense mechanism, but for some reason some people don't do this...so a bit of conscious effort and mental encouragement (such as visualisation like Xan described) makes it happen.

As soon as the contact between auras is separated, the emotional/psychic exchange that may or may not be happening ends.

But, there is a bit of a flaw to this method.

People can have these wonderful/annoying things called Psychic bonds or connections (A.K.A links, cords.) Energetically this basically looks like a length of coloured fishing line or spiders web that psychically connects one person to another....this bond becomes invisible the further away the connected people are...but it's still there, as strong as ever.

Bonds overcome distance and are not related to the aura...so how do we stop unwelcome emotions that are not our own affecting either person on each end of the connection.

Easy answer - Psychic/Energetic Shielding.

It is best if you research this yourself, but it basically involves visualizing your aura becoming solid, like a rock or maybe becoming something like a filter, so that you can either "block" off emotions that aren't yours, or choose which emotions you want to feel from other people.

There are also visualisation techniques that involve making a "shell" or "bubble" of energy around yourself that will essentially do the same thing as your aura.

Visualization is an individual thing, so find what is best for you if you feel you need a Shield.

Hope that helps a bit.

Summerkat
22-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi mysterious :) All I want to add is that if you are just finding out you are an Empath there is an awesome community for Empaths. It has a really wonderful forum where you can ask anything you like about your empathy and how to use it and grow with it. They even have a free Empath Survival Program there that teaches you how to turn it off or down when you don't want to be picking everything up and other skills. Its really great and its free. Has fantastic community. Thought I'd mention it.

Greenslade
22-12-2010, 02:14 PM

What I want to know is:

What you have there is an exchange of energy. Their energies come across as negative and what you feel is your reaction to that - how their energies affect you personally. However, energy is energy and is neither positive nor negative. Energy does what energy is supposed to do, it simply flows from one to the other - which is what's happening here. If you can feel that energy and you are aware of how it affects you, with a little practice you can work with it - working against it can be a real headache. Forget positive and negative and see it as simply flowing energy - visualise it as a stream if you like. Suck it down, turn it around and send it back to the Universe where it belongs. Channel it.

Sangress
22-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I've met some great people from that site! Very close friends.

....just thought I'd mention that too. :)

MetaEdge
23-12-2010, 07:52 AM
What Xan has described is very useful.

I have come to know that behavior/technique as "Pulling in or Contracting your Aura."

It follows the principle that whoever is near you, and whoever you are conversing with interacts with your own aura in a natural energetic way.

Most people, when threatened in some way, subconsciously/instinctually pull their aura in tight close to their skin as a defense mechanism, but for some reason some people don't do this...so a bit of conscious effort and mental encouragement (such as visualisation like Xan described) makes it happen.

As soon as the contact between auras is separated, the emotional/psychic exchange that may or may not be happening ends.

But, there is a bit of a flaw to this method.

People can have these wonderful/annoying things called Psychic bonds or connections (A.K.A links, cords.) Energetically this basically looks like a length of coloured fishing line or spiders web that psychically connects one person to another....this bond becomes invisible the further away the connected people are...but it's still there, as strong as ever.

Bonds overcome distance and are not related to the aura...so how do we stop unwelcome emotions that are not our own affecting either person on each end of the connection.

Easy answer - Psychic/Energetic Shielding.

It is best if you research this yourself, but it basically involves visualizing your aura becoming solid, like a rock or maybe becoming something like a filter, so that you can either "block" off emotions that aren't yours, or choose which emotions you want to feel from other people.

There are also visualisation techniques that involve making a "shell" or "bubble" of energy around yourself that will essentially do the same thing as your aura.

Visualization is an individual thing, so find what is best for you if you feel you need a Shield.

Hope that helps a bit.

Shielding works well enough. However, like Greenslade said, energy naturally flows. What I find to be the ideal way to deal with stronger emotional situations is to allow the energy to flow through you, sorta like your transparent. Or to absorb it (breath in), and release it (breath out).

Either techniques should work. Go with whatever one works best for you.

mysterious
23-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks Greenslade and MetaEdge - that stuff about it being energy and nothing but energy is most helpful. I have tried this method at work without realizing it and, yes, it does sort of help - Thanks.

Darkest-Messiah
23-12-2010, 11:32 PM

What I want to know is:

Charlie...greetings from the darkness of not knowing what the who a chakra is, other than a weapon that the warrior princess, Zena, carried to cut the throats of those who made her feel bad with...........that's also how I know if it's me or them :rolleyes:

sorry if this was supposed to be a serrious topic, but yer a fun one :angel12:

lemex
24-12-2010, 06:14 PM

What I want to know is:

We are brought up to react much like cause and effect to events. We tend to react to acts do we not. A person gets mad you get mad and both feed in a cycle. It is a form of energy is it not. In most ways it's a conditioned response we don't know and one doesn't have to be empathic, It is just that strong. We communicate in ways so subtle that we can safely say boarder on feeling. Now me I do not close my chakras but my hand ...lol. Is it not us who manifests the intended projection. I think this needs to be recognized, you accept that level and continue it. The intention is there.

It is a cycle of energy and the accepting the intention. There is something to consider I've always seen in relation to the answer you were given. If another person feels something they can't control then how can you expect to. You can become as lost in it. As an empath have you been trained? It's probably harder for an empath then it is for me who projects without any thought of anything but myself.

Things such as compassion are learned and must be practiced themselves worked into one's life. Being an empath does not make one spiritual. As an empath you have the same feelings and understanding. If your chakras don't close to yourself in your own thought, who you are, then I think it a measure it's not you but realize your understanding of it. It is ok and normal to get offended but how quickly can you recover your balance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As an empath do you not have the ability to project as well if you have a fuller understanding.