PDA

View Full Version : Household

vitaraq18
09-02-2015, 10:43 PM
In my house is where I spend most of my time, I am currently developing my spiritual side but find it hard as my mum is very negative and I think she finds my belief in a sense stupid. This is giving me and my surrounding negative which is not what I need on this journey.

Does anyone have any tips to help my situation?:confused:

littlejbird
09-02-2015, 10:48 PM
i feel/have been experiencing the same.
i would love helpful feedback as well,
and from my experience, i told my qi gong instructor how i stopped going to our 'celebration' or 'church service' every sunday because it was when my sister and mother went to their church and i craved the free time/a place of my own. i also was going to qi gong just so i could get out of the house and have an 'energy escape' [there could have been worse ways] except i wasn't dealing with my problem.
My Qi Gong instructor warned me not to do the either church or alone time as i might identify or set an 'either or' pattern for my life when i could have BOTH! :)
thankfully i have a good spiritual community irl that i'm tentatively joining :) but yes the 'negative' feels like something that settles over the house and me in an oppressive energy.
Tip: Remember to Clear & Shield your energies regularly

vitaraq18
09-02-2015, 10:56 PM
I use smudging sticks regularly but I suppose I could shield, I might trying going for walks in country side regularly. I honestly can not give you any feedback as I am also at a loss of what to do but I understand what you mean by patterns (mix it up a little) :) thanks littlejbird
many blessing to you.

littlejbird
09-02-2015, 11:19 PM
my family members get very upset with the smell of "smoke" even if just in my room, so i try to be respectful and burn little amounts or when they're out for a time.
i used to be out walking all the time which i loved so much. it really helped and it was lovely but it has grown cold and icy here. i'm feeling a little more anxious because of it.
go out and enjoy :)

karmasama
10-02-2015, 04:45 AM
There is no easy solution to this.

I've been in a similar spot before and found out that my relationship with my family can only work well within a separation. Like in your case, we have too different views.

We haven't even been clashing or arguing much since I've learned to avoid conflict. But I've been wasting so much energy just to keep my calm and to not give them a thought - so I was left with only a little bit of spare energy for my own efforts and ambitions.

If you feel you can not bear the place, slowly work your way out of it.

Ivy
10-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Develop patience on this part of your journey. There will come a time when you can start to work and find a home of your own to live in.

Dwerg
10-02-2015, 07:09 AM
Ignore her. Giving it attention is to reinforce behavior that nobody likes. Would you reward a dog for taking a dump in your house? If you say no, then don't reward your mother for taking a dump in your mind.

I have a mother who is not only negative, but downright destructive. I started slapping her own behavior in her face, and the reaction was blaming me instead of realizing she's the one to blame. Instead of reflecting like healthy people do she instead denies, blames, manipulates, lies and harm in an effort to save her ego. In her mind it's ok to do wrong whenever it suits her, but it's not ok to do wrong whenever it suits everyone else. Today I told her she's out of chances, and that I simply don't want to ever see her again. There's of course a dirty story of threats, endless drama, abuse and a long line of hurt behind this. I don't tell her this, but she has a long hard way to go before I can ever trust her again. There's still hope, but fixing this no longer rests on me.

God-Like
10-02-2015, 08:12 AM
In my house is where I spend most of my time, I am currently developing my spiritual side but find it hard as my mum is very negative and I think she finds my belief in a sense stupid. This is giving me and my surrounding negative which is not what I need on this journey.

Hi ..

There will be a reason why you are in your present environment just as there will be for your mum .

Your mums negativity and your positivity has it place in the grand scheme of things .

What develops and results in is already in motion, some will say that which has not passed has already passed .

If you listen to what you are drawn to do regarding yourself then perhaps don't let others sway you . There could be something in the opposite also where another's negativity is part of your own merry dance of life where you need someone else to blame for your own lack of conviction .

There can be a million things at play but what is for you, is for you .

If I were you I would carry on as you are developing your spiritual side if that is what you are drawn too . Perhaps your positivity can rub off on your mum, perhaps not but sometimes it is amazing when one's focus is on one's self and everything in one's current environment seems to be effected in a positive way .

As with life, it does unfold as it will ..

x daz x

LadyMay
10-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Ignore her. Giving it attention is to reinforce behavior that nobody likes. Would you reward a dog for taking a dump in your house? If you say no, then don't reward your mother for taking a dump in your mind.

I agree with this. Learn to let it go. When you change your hurts inside you change your circumstances outside. The external world always reflects our internal world.

Emmalevine
10-02-2015, 12:50 PM
I also agree with letting it go. Everything has its place. Negativity is very difficult to be around, I know, but practice seeing this negativity as hers and not something you need to take on or be affected by. Meditation and visualisation can be helpful for remaining in a peaceful place inside no matter what is going on for others. Negativity is suffering manifest so your mother may need your positivity, kindness and compassion. If she rejects these just concentrate on being who you are regardless of how she is. That is true spiritual strength.

BlueSky
10-02-2015, 05:21 PM

What do you feel in particular that she thinks is stupid and has she expressed this in words or is it a feeling you have?

littlejbird
10-02-2015, 06:01 PM
capacity, thank you for your 'signature', i love that.