PDA

View Full Version : children with gifts and abilities

Neenu
09-02-2015, 03:15 PM
So I've been going through a spiritual awakening this past year. It has opened my eyes to the fact that my children see so much more (spirits, energy, auras...) than what I can explain to them. It feels as if I should be there to guide, explain and protect, but how should I do that as I have only started to grasp all of what is out there...? The best I have figured out is to ask their guides to stay with them and protect them at all times, in the night I draw a protective milky bubble around their bunk bed and ask my higher self and my guides to make it even stronger. I try to talk to them and ask what they have seen or how they feel, so that they can accept and not suppress what they are experiencing. I feel really out of my league and would want some of you to share how you have supported your kids in this.
N

Katie B
09-02-2015, 04:03 PM
I will be watching this thread with interest! It recently occurred to me that though I do not wish to push my beliefs on to my children, I feel I have a duty to guide them according to my experiences and what I have learned. Surely that is the role of any loving parent?

Ivy
09-02-2015, 07:13 PM
I spoke to spirit since childhood and always kept it private, though not supressed. So I have some appreciation of that aspect of my life as being my private space.

My daughter has significant abilities, but my own guidance has always been to step back and allow her to find her own path. So that's what I do.

There have been occasions when she's asked me about a spirit, and I've said quite casually, that maybe they are guiding or looking out for her. She also struggles with places where the energy is intense - like noisy classrooms or crowded corridors at school, so I've taught her a couple of basic visualisations (like grounding and bubble of light) so that she can use it if she needs to.

We rarely talk about it, but she knows I come to spiritual forums, have cards, meditate etc. And I know that if she needs to, she's comfortable enough to just ask me. It seems the happy medium and in that way she leads the way with regards to my imput.

Neenu
09-02-2015, 08:15 PM
I spoke to spirit since childhood and always kept it private, though not supressed. So I have some appreciation of that aspect of my life as being my private space.

My daughter has significant abilities, but my own guidance has always been to step back and allow her to find her own path. So that's what I do.

There have been occasions when she's asked me about a spirit, and I've said quite casually, that maybe they are guiding or looking out for her. She also struggles with places where the energy is intense - like noisy classrooms or crowded corridors at school, so I've taught her a couple of basic visualisations (like grounding and bubble of light) so that she can use it if she needs to.

We rarely talk about it, but she knows I come to spiritual forums, have cards, meditate etc. And I know that if she needs to, she's comfortable enough to just ask me. It seems the happy medium and in that way she leads the way with regards to my imput.

Thank you ivy. I hadn't thought of it that way.

My kids are 6 and 4 so they are still quite young.

My older one can make a protective bubble around him self. One evening he was complaining about stomach ache and I said to him to try the following exercise: imagine a white bubble around him, breath in deeply and with every exhale get the stomach ache out with the breath and to the outside of the white bubble. And with every breath in, he'd imagine the white light flowing in and curing the ache. He did it for a few moments and the ache was gone. When he then was supposed to go back to bed, he complained the bubble was so bright he could not sleep with his eyes closed. So I suggested he could try to dim it a bit, so he did and fell asleep within moments after that.

My younger one can see auras and how they change depending on mood. She is really sensitive to loud sounds and new situations can be overwhelming at times.

It is more like a spur of the moment thing with the solution or guidance that comes in to my mind, nothing that I can say I draw from personal experience. Yet at least.

Neenu
13-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Just upping this because I would really like some more insight on how to support kids in their spiritual development when the parents are newbies :)

Ivy
14-02-2015, 12:00 AM
I would really like some more insight on how to support kids in their spiritual development when the parents are newbies :)

By being a newbie parent.

Honestly, there is a lot of stuff spoken about amongst people with spiritual interests that has as much potential to harm as it does to heal.

We have all lived through lives in the past, so maybe in this life you feel like you are a newbie, but that's not to say that what you need to know isn't right there within you. You are also the person that sees, lives with and knows your children better than anybody else here.

That we might get it 'wrong' is a natural concern of any loving parent, but please try to trust that what you need for your children is within you. keep developing yourself, and you can all grow together. What better mothering is there than that.

skygazer
14-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Thank you ivy. I hadn't thought of it that way.

My kids are 6 and 4 so they are still quite young.

My older one can make a protective bubble around him self. One evening he was complaining about stomach ache and I said to him to try the following exercise: imagine a white bubble around him, breath in deeply and with every exhale get the stomach ache out with the breath and to the outside of the white bubble. And with every breath in, he'd imagine the white light flowing in and curing the ache. He did it for a few moments and the ache was gone. When he then was supposed to go back to bed, he complained the bubble was so bright he could not sleep with his eyes closed. So I suggested he could try to dim it a bit, so he did and fell asleep within moments after that.

My younger one can see auras and how they change depending on mood. She is really sensitive to loud sounds and new situations can be overwhelming at times.

It is more like a spur of the moment thing with the solution or guidance that comes in to my mind, nothing that I can say I draw from personal experience. Yet at least.

it sounds like your sons have significant abilities..I understand that this new generations is going to surprise us.

It sounds like you are doing just fine and not giving yourself enough credit. Look how well you handled the stomach ache?

My advice is to keep lines of communication opened, so that they know they can always come to you, no matter how bizarre it might sound, but in a casual way, don't put them through twenty questions every morning..

And to keep them in touch with nature and their creativity, and away from tv and video games as much as possible.

Live in the moment and enjoy this time with them because it goes so quickly, and you are doing a most precious work being a mom.

LadyMay
14-02-2015, 12:48 AM
That we might get it 'wrong' is a natural concern of any loving parent, but please try to trust that what you need for your children is within you. keep developing yourself, and you can all grow together. What better mothering is there than that.

I'm not a parent but I would imagine it to be like a journey between both the parent and the child? At least it has been that way with me and my mother.

Ivy
14-02-2015, 09:01 AM
It seems to have worked out that way in my own life Scarlett, yes.

BlueSky
14-02-2015, 01:10 PM
So I've been going through a spiritual awakening this past year. It has opened my eyes to the fact that my children see so much more (spirits, energy, auras...) than what I can explain to them. It feels as if I should be there to guide, explain and protect, but how should I do that as I have only started to grasp all of what is out there...? The best I have figured out is to ask their guides to stay with them and protect them at all times, in the night I draw a protective milky bubble around their bunk bed and ask my higher self and my guides to make it even stronger. I try to talk to them and ask what they have seen or how they feel, so that they can accept and not suppress what they are experiencing. I feel really out of my league and would want some of you to share how you have supported your kids in this.
N
I think you are doing a great job recognizing that it takes a village to raise a child by asking for help from your guides and also sharing with them what feels right to you.
Personally, I watched and influenced, by my actions, the growth of 3 daughters and now 4 grandchildren. Looking back, the most I did for them was in my example. What I mean by that is that my example of being open to new ideas, including spirituality, helped them to be open in general.
With my grandchildren, all I desire to do is bring them joy and happiness as they do to me. Teaching happens.
Spirituality, for me, in regards to others, is a by ear kind of thing. I have no idea what to say or do to help my kids until the idea arises.
Again, I think they are in good hands by the sound, and energy, of your posts.
Peace, James