PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual development altering brain patterning??

Tanemon
09-02-2015, 12:13 AM
I’ll say that I already believe or know that spiritual development from meditation, chakra activation, kundalini, etc does seem to bring about a clearing of useless or adverse neuronal patterning. But I’m not sure how this works and curious about all the various forms it may take.

Maybe some people here know something about the science of it?

Maybe some people here have personal stories to relate about how this has been working out in their own lives?

Seems to me that one form it takes is enabling new patterns of cognitive activity, so that perception doesn’t just follow old pattens… gradually less “stuck in a rut” and gradually more intuitive in new ways in everyday life.

What can you contribute to the discussion?

kris
09-02-2015, 04:22 PM
http://www.thealternativedaily.com/meditation-literally-rebuilds-brain/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=N150129

Miss Hepburn
09-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Dr. Caroline Leaf's first book will explain exactly how the brain works
and how different
thoughts even effect the brain...technical, but in language for the everyday person, also.
Her main interest is the positive or spiritual effect...

I didn't put a link bec when she is googled so much comes up.
She is so clear.
:smile:

7luminaries
09-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Brilliant, thanks for the reference Miss H :smile:

Peace & blessings,
7L

lemex
09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
The input of teaching addressed in the post, children with gifts and abilities is clearly relevant. The gifts we give, positive, negative, understanding. :smile: There's only a couple year window here.

Dwerg
10-02-2015, 05:28 AM
I remember a time when I was a child. I knew nothing of philosophy, religion, spirituality, politics, moral theory, psychology etc. Yet I was capable of adjusting myself in accordance with others to have a good time for all. Being so "ignorant", how did I do it? What have I forgotten that no work of theory can ever teach me? What is behind, beyond, above or below all of that.

I also remember very specific things in my experience about how to flow and what breaks my flow, when to listen and when to be ignorant. I was slalom skiing when I was a child, I did what I believed to be right. Evidently it worked and I did as I had seen on TV, until someone tried teaching me how to do it. I started doubting myself, was I doing it right? I tried doing what they described, I fell and hurt myself. I tried again and fell again, I failed. What went wrong? I doubted myself and tried to "fix" something that was already working.

I go backwards instead of forwards. Everyone else see me as blazing forwards and excelling in everything I do, but I see myself going back to what I once was. My head feels ready to explode, it's time to unleash the potential.

LadyMay
10-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Maybe some people here know something about the science of it?

If you want to get deep into the science of it, you won't find any better resource than this: http://www.biologyofkundalini.com

As for me, a lot has changed for me biologically. For example, I used to suffer severe depression which everyone knows is also a biological illness, but not anymore.