PDA

View Full Version : the joy of sound waves?

Kinki
07-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I closed my eyes with headphones on.

I tried to feel one with the music i was hearing.

i then got a sensation some sort of very weird extase feeling like being one with music, very weird what was this?

BlueSky
07-02-2015, 04:19 PM
I have found that I can lose myself in good music. It's about being totally present, without trying, the way I see it.

Krzysiek
07-02-2015, 04:49 PM
There is not about music in headphones only (of course it can take you somewhere you couldn't even imagine before): listening of sounds of seas or forests can be very good natural therapy. When I was younger I usually spent a lot of time in the woods an now I think that the old time completely changed my perception and my vision of the world and life. Forest or the sea can also become your friends:)

n2mec
08-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Sounds of nature are ok too, lately "Bernward Koch" seems to be work for me.

BlueSky
08-02-2015, 11:41 AM
I have always found it to be a mystery as to why what works for me, in regards to sound and music, changes as it does.
I have come across music and even mantras that I would play over and over, but now if I heard it, it would have no impact.

Emmalevine
08-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Yeah I get like that while listening to music I really love. Some people who are actually performing music sometimes get an out of body sensation as if they are watching themselves perform. I think it's a bit like that. Person and music become one energetically.

Miss Hepburn
08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
I had a chiropractor in the '80s that would place a
(very good) speaker on an area and play something,
being very specific to the tone or frequency.
I didn't really have a problem, tho...
my neck just needed to be adjusted, ha.

Also, did the 6 hour Dr. Stanislov Grof, Holotropic Breath Workshop couple years ago...
recently renamed, I think.
3 hrs, blindfolded, all comfy, listening to music being 'watched ' for any
problem (birth/trauma memories, bla bla)...then 3 hrs
of being the sitter for a partner...doing nothing, but with eyes open.

Music? Oh yeah. Try 3 hrs with headphones in a dark room, not moving
all comfy...no voices in the music, oh, except for any kind of chanting from around the world...
tribal, drums, trippy mystical...! :tongue:

Thunder Bow
08-02-2015, 05:04 PM
What was the music you were listening to?

Kinki
08-02-2015, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iG_UCgCxPE

with 7.1 speakers. I fell into a trance of sound, and extasy in my mind, and got afraid. opened my eyes and threw my headphones to the ground.