PDA

View Full Version : Mayan

Sakura
21-12-2010, 11:57 AM
I have a fascanation about the Mayan's and would like to study them or find a forum.Is there anyone here who can help me in my search?

mac
21-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I have a fascanation about the Mayan's and would like to study them or find a forum.Is there anyone here who can help me in my search?

You might wish to look more widely around the whole SF website and/or use the 'Search' button feature - this is the Spiritualism forum with no links whatever to Mayan culture. :smile:

Sakura
21-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you!

Native spirit
21-12-2010, 08:24 PM
:smile: Hey Sekura

go onto google you will find plenty on there about the mayans.

Namaste

Ciqala
22-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I know some things about Mayan culture and spirituality. The ancient mayans are relatives of indigenous native american people, there are still mayan people alive to this day, the language is still alive, and the calendar is used in many cultures still, and there belief is quite similar to the native american belief. They were adept sky watchers, astronomers, and their whole belief system regarded the universe, even their pyramids matched their astronomy.
You can find information anywhere on the internet, and it is highly intriguing to learn about the mayan calendar, and the mythology. They believed in Pakal, sun god, and in vision quests for shamans, the universe was regarded as the path to the death realm. The whole beleif around 2012, was due to the fact that on that day, the sun god would line up with the centre of the black road in the galaxy, they called it (good keywords to use in a search) The Black Road to the Sacred Tree, or the Black Road to Xibalba (the galactic equator) and it would open up the divine realm in the sky, where all spirits, ancestors and descendants would come down to earth, and a vast spiritual awakening would occur. They tracked precession to figure out all the math, as they were highly evolved with their astronomy. But you can find this information in more detail of course, on the internet, just try and read as many sources as possible, because some of it is false, some splayed.
Anyways those beliefs are still alive to this day! :) Even more interesting, many cultures have adapted to it now, but the similarities are all evident in every native nation and tribe.

mac
22-12-2010, 11:19 AM
As I have already pointed out, the Mayans have no relevance in this forum.:hug3: