PDA

View Full Version : dream thinking

skygazer
02-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Has anyone experienced being the observer in a dream where you are acting in the dream and thinking at the same time?
I was watching myself in warehouse reaching for papers on a high shelf, I was going to use a table to kneel on, and in the dream I thought, "no, I can't put any weight on that sore knee".

wstein
03-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Has anyone experienced being the observer in a dream where you are acting in the dream and thinking at the same time?
I was watching myself in warehouse reaching for papers on a high shelf, I was going to use a table to kneel on, and in the dream I thought, "no, I can't put any weight on that sore knee". Many times. I refer to that as split awareness.

Tobi
03-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Yes I had something similar in a dream early this morning! Gazing at a landscape and thinking at the same time....stopping to gaze....think....remember something.....and was half way to lucidity but woke up instead!

There is nothing to stop the dream-thinking becoming lucid dreaming if you carry it just a few steps further.

wstein
03-02-2015, 05:18 AM
There is nothing to stop the dream-thinking becoming lucid dreaming if you carry it just a few steps further. Then you can watch yourself while awake too!!

athribiristan
03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
I was watching myself in warehouse reaching for papers on a high shelf, I was going to use a table to kneel on, and in the dream I thought, "no, I can't put any weight on that sore knee".

Sure, happened a lot when I was at sea. Dreams were always weird on boats.

skygazer
03-02-2015, 12:08 PM
from the observer point of view, there's the awareness of observing, the awareness acting out in the dream, and the awareness of thinking. or it could be said the actor in dream has a certain amount of autonomy that is not the norm.

NoisyLion
13-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Recently I have had this happen.

I remember I was dreaming normally, walking down a corridor. On the wall i noticed a old blue wooden panel similar to a shed door. I remember thinking to myself that there was a need to get through he door/panel but everytime I pulled or broke a slat off it would replenish. All the time it was becoming more lucid, until the point at which I thought to myself 'i don't actually need to do this' and simply put my hand into a chopping position and pushed it through the door/panel. As I moved through the door the atmosphere changed at seemed to become a little darker and was confronted by a tall black man. He didn't seem pleased to see me or approachable. As he came towards me i asked to see his true self but had no reply and 'frog marched' me away with a complete expressionless face. Then I woke up.

skygazer
13-02-2015, 08:17 PM
that must have been intense, Noisylion. I must google what 'frog marched' means to complete the visual.

TheTruth
17-02-2015, 10:59 AM
I experienced this today but it wasn't a lucid dream I was having just a normal one