PDA

View Full Version : I seem to believe I am a spiritual/universal spirit.

pljames
24-01-2015, 05:02 PM
According to some we human have within us matter and a spirit. Therefore I am a spiritual and universal spirit, with a body. If that is the case then my spiritual side is also universal even when I am conscious of being conscious of my material side and my spiritual side and now my universal side. I am more than just material, it seems, the law of attraction comes to mind. With my thoughts, I can change my thoughts from negative to positive and draw what I need to me by my thoughts alone, with faith and a positive attitude?
Thoughts, please. Curious Paul

lemex
24-01-2015, 06:42 PM
According to some we human have within us matter and a spirit. Therefore I am a spiritual and universal spirit, with a body. If that is the case then my spiritual side is also universal even when I am conscious of being conscious of my material side and my spiritual side and now my universal side. I am more than just material, it seems, the law of attraction comes to mind. With my thoughts, I can change my thoughts from negative to positive and draw what I need to me by my thoughts alone, with faith and a positive attitude?
Thoughts, please. Curious Paul

I happen to agree with this pljames. It took me ages to come up with this thought. But then thought was controlled so much more. Regarding this, this what Jesus meant in the mountain top analogy. This is a future moment not a present one. It is possible one day even a believer will move a mountain top. So one can see how difficult it is. :smile: Just because I can't do it, does not mean someone won't. Right now we are still stuck in seeing is believing but we are moving toward it.

pljames
29-01-2015, 02:38 PM
It seems to me that Scripture has a power of its own (the word belief comes to mind). The statement " I can do anything I make my mind up to do" tells me our thoughts seem to have some sort of power within itself as well as scripture does? The Bible states "ask and it will be given, if you are a believer". But you must have the Holy Spirit within you? Thoughts, please? Curious Paul :confused:

CrystalSong
29-01-2015, 10:26 PM
The Bible states "ask and it will be given, if you are a believer". But you must have the Holy Spirit within you? Thoughts, please? Curious Paul :confused:

Here's my understanding based on my experiences so far and of course subject to change with increased experience.

When we grow quiet inside and ask a question to however we define as a higher Spiritual construct (Higher Self, Angels, Guides, God, the Creator etc.) then release any expectation for how the answer is going to arrive and simply casually watch for it then it comes. Oracle cards, Runes, and other Divination forms are sort of an instant version of this, although Spirit directly speaking to us via telepathy is even faster. Mere typical however, is suddenly turning to the page in the Bible with the exact answer to the question we had, or suddenly seeing it on a billboard or license plate, or an old friend popping in and saying "I felt compelled to say to you blah blah blah" and you know deep inside that's the exact answer.

To me the Holy Spirit is our Higher Selves, meaning everything works better if we've come to the realization that our thinking minds and personalities are not the sum total of the Self and that there is in fact an eternal aspect behind the thinking mind. Despite spending my life as an active Christian I don't know what they mean by Holy Spirit and suspect they don't know either. lol

In fact the only Trinity that makes sense to me is Mind, Body, Spirit. Mind and body we know well enough, but a surprising small percentage relatively speaking actually know Spirit outside of theology and experience Spirit as a Divine aspect of the Eternal Self and can communicate with this aspect of themselves.

And yes, once that understanding or experience is reach our understanding of what we are shifts and the common explanation is that we are Spirits having a temporary human experience.

Jared.L
23-09-2016, 09:36 AM
I do think I'm a spirit in a flesh costume :)