PDA

View Full Version : What is the most important thing?

Bsoul
20-01-2015, 11:05 PM
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey? It can be anything from a personal attribute, an item you use, a song or book that motivates you or you reference often, a person- anything that keeps you inspired and on your path.

I would like to have a judgement-free zone here, with no debate about practice or ideology. That is why I started this thread here in The Sanctuary".

I will go first and say it is patience for me. I can wait through the hard times and immerse myself in the good times without looking to move on to the next moment. If someone is not on my wavelength, I can stop and wait for them, until we can walk side by side. It has kept me from physical harm and from harming others. It has enabled me to read and study some long, exhaustive material and educate myself about many things that interest me and take the time to develop my viewpoint. So it is patience for me.

Take some time and think about it. It may remind you of something you need to
remember or give you a fresh perspective. I invite you to come here and share. No need to hurry. I can wait! Love to all!

ocean breeze
23-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Awareness. Just being aware of what's going on in and around me. Though i'm not really on a soul journey but it plays an important role on my everyday life.

Miss Hepburn
23-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Remaining open...
seeing the innocence in it all...
staying in the joy of the journey itself...
practicing the Presence of the Divine...
staying aware I'm in a dream...
keeping my eye on the Goal...
knowing what the Goal is...
realizing more and more who I am...

Take your pick...all or any one...

Believe me I could go on!

innerlight
23-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Love... Things, memories, feelings fade away. But the love you have remains with you. The way you made another feel, remains eternal.

Bsoul
23-01-2015, 02:40 AM
I'm so glad to see all of your replies! Thank you for coming here to share. I put this question out because I had asked it of myself and I wanted others to ask themselves. I thought it would be a nice exercise. I'm always curious about how others find their spirit and care for their soul in this crazy world. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to ocean breeze, Miss H and innerlight. It's good to see you in The Sanctuary!

WhiteWarrior
23-01-2015, 07:14 PM
It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can. I literally can't help it.

Shaunc
23-01-2015, 07:29 PM
It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can. I literally can't help it.

That's a great answer & one I can relate to myself. I'm reading this thread with great interest.

knightofalbion
23-01-2015, 07:41 PM
It is my duty and calling to help where and when I can.

Good answer! To help each other along is every soul's calling.

Bsoul
23-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Thank you White Warrior, ShaunC and knightofalbion for coming here to share! I also believe we have a duty to help each other along. I read your posts before leaving work and thought about them on the way home. It seems that the word duty has a negative connotation to it these days. Its good to see you stepping up to plate and claiming it. I believe that when you have more, it is your duty to give more. It's very refreshing to know that some people want to help more than just themselves! Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!

LorriePaige
16-06-2015, 03:56 AM
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey? It can be anything from a personal attribute, an item you use, a song or book that motivates you or you reference often, a person- anything that keeps you inspired and on your path.

I would say my altar and my Book of Shadows & Light. I've had them both for awhile now and enjoy adding to them and subtracting things from them when necessary; they are the most personal spiritual things I have which is a huge part of who I am.

kkfern
16-06-2015, 11:11 AM
my imaginary friend that has never left me. i am 60 now and he is still here helping me. he is also known as a guide or teacher.

kk

joyfirst
09-01-2016, 12:02 AM
The most important thing for me is to not to take anything too seriously. To never forget, that this life is just a game or a movie, and I am the one who is writing a script. And to be present, to experience life instead of thinking about it.

Shinsoo
09-01-2016, 12:13 AM
To have a positive attitude--nothing suggested by your guides, self, spirit will harm you in any way--and that there is really no such thing as a 'right time' to do something, no matter when you do it, it's somehow already perfect.

blackraven
21-01-2016, 09:22 PM

I would like to have a judgement-free zone here, with no debate about practice or ideology. That is why I started this thread here in The Sanctuary".

I will go first and say it is patience for me. I can wait through the hard times and immerse myself in the good times without looking to move on to the next moment. If someone is not on my wavelength, I can stop and wait for them, until we can walk side by side. It has kept me from physical harm and from harming others. It has enabled me to read and study some long, exhaustive material and educate myself about many things that interest me and take the time to develop my viewpoint. So it is patience for me.

Take some time and think about it. It may remind you of something you need to
remember or give you a fresh perspective. I invite you to come here and share. No need to hurry. I can wait! Love to all!

Bsoul - For me it's all about learning in this life. Learning from successes and learning from mistakes. Learning from reading and education. Learning from observing and interacting with others. Most of all, learning to love, including the self.

Lorelyen
23-01-2016, 08:24 PM
The close of day.

At bedtime, when I can thank the Spirits for the good of the day, keeping me safe, providing for my living, guiding me, forgiving me for things I could have done better, for the (real) friends I have, and to receive my petition to give me the powers to do my bit to make the world a better place.

And, as important, greeting the day when I arise, adoring the Sun and letting its travel across my heart and mind fill me with divine energy to love and serve.

TroyMartin
13-03-2016, 05:27 AM
The physical sustenance of the creator. Without it you cannot grow.

Uma
30-03-2016, 10:23 PM
my children come first
and my spiritual progress - that's the only thing I get to keep forever

Miss Hepburn
31-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Remaining open...
seeing the innocence in it all...
staying in the joy of the journey itself...
practicing the Presence of the Divine...
staying aware I'm in a dream...
keeping my eye on the Goal...
knowing what the Goal is...
realizing more and more who I am...

Take your pick...all or any one...

Believe me I could go on! WELL!
What a difference a year makes! :notworthy:

Since Jan 24, 2016...none of the above would be my answer!
All day yesterday I re-realized what I will be saying below...

What is the most important thing?

There is only one...giving my love to God, the All Pervading One,
The One Consciousness, my Creator/Father.

That is ''it'', no list.

:love9: "It"... the Purpose of (my) Life....''it''.

linen53
31-03-2016, 01:31 PM
The most important thing to me is to stay true to myself. If my focus wavers I waver and lose touch with everything else. Within that same theme, to not fear no matter what all the chatter around me says.

Shivani Devi
31-05-2016, 04:16 AM
To never forget who/what I am and what I believe in - in the face of any adversity or hardships that may come my way.

Other things...my Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, my aquamarine crystal, Rudraksha beads etc but those are not important.

CrystalKitty777
11-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Life is never as serious as your ego/mind wants you to believe. Dance the game of life [Lila].

arcaneopal
11-08-2016, 09:41 PM
This is an easy answer for me, but SO hard to do:

Love.

I believe Love (unconditional) is the most important thing in the universe. It is going to conquer all. I know that's a cliché, but I honestly believe that with all my heart.

CrystalKitty777
11-08-2016, 11:00 PM
http://www.mother-earth-healing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Bfqe5bMIYAA-Xgn.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/964494_497525010301934_1097522109_o.jpg
:hug3:

Still_Waters
11-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Wisdom - Discovering Truth.

(Unconditional love then proceeds quite naturally, effortlessly, and spontaneously --- in my humble opinion.)

:D

arcaneopal
12-08-2016, 01:16 AM
Those are beautiful pictures CrystalKitty! Thanks for sharing! :smile:

(Unconditional love then proceeds quite naturally, effortlessly, and spontaneously --- in my humble opinion.)

Ah... that's where I'm going wrong. XP No wonder it's so hard. :wink:
I'll need to work on that. :icon_sunny:

Still_Waters
12-08-2016, 01:36 PM

Ah... that's where I'm going wrong. XP No wonder it's so hard. :wink:
I'll need to work on that. :icon_sunny:

The great Sufi Mystic, Hazrat Inayat Khan, once said: "That which is most desirable in life is wisdom; the next most desirable thing is ...... ". :D

(Spiritual Dimensions of Psychology by Hazrat Inayat Khan, Page 160).

Not only did I read that but I heard Hazrat's son, Pir Vilayat Khan, discuss that exact subject in person when I went to one of his retreats years ago. It resonates (for me).

jimrich
05-09-2016, 11:12 PM
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey?
Self Realization or a Selfless, ego free life. :hug3:

wstein
06-09-2016, 05:33 AM
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey? Knowing that 'things' are not important on a soul's journey.

Shivani Devi
06-09-2016, 05:51 AM
It is so easy to say that love is the most important thing, but in all honesty the answer (for me) comes in the form of the 'Serenity Prayer' which is my life's lesson and what I always struggle to come to terms with:

http://www.freedomfrommedom.com/wp3/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/1-serenity_prayer.jpg

sweetrainbowfire
11-10-2016, 06:37 AM
The most important thing on my soul journey is to become as self-aware as possible. The more self-aware I am the more capable I am of directing my life, healing my trauma, changing my patterns, focusing my thoughts, acting instead of reacting, living my passions, opening my heart, relating to others in healthy ways, and furthering my spiritual growth.

thebeautifulsacred
24-10-2016, 08:37 PM
The physical sustenance of the creator. Without it you cannot grow.
I would say the same. God is the most important thing ever. Like, ever.

SaraTherase
12-11-2016, 12:51 AM
To learn to love and help yourself and others simultaneously.

lilith
21-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Forgiveness

jimrich
03-03-2017, 08:36 PM
What is the most important thing to you in your soul journey?
Kindness.

It can be anything from a personal attribute,
Respect - self and for others

an item you use,
the Ignore List at this forum!

a song or book that motivates you or you reference often,
Anything about non-duality or Advaita.

a person- anything that keeps you inspired and on your path.
All the new or neo-advaitan teachers and witnesses.

Love to all!

Dargor
03-03-2017, 08:39 PM
To me it is to reach my life goal at all costs. Nothing else matters much to me. Maybe it sounds a little bit selfish, but I live only for myself and nothing else. Although that doesn't mean I won't help those in need if it's within my power to do so.

baro-san
03-03-2017, 08:45 PM
To me it is to reach my life goal at all costs. Nothing else matters much to me. Maybe it sounds a little bit selfish, but I live only for myself and nothing else. Although that doesn't mean I won't help those in need if it's within my power to do so.
Do you mind sharing how and when did you decide which is your "life goal", and, if it isn't too personal, what is it? Do you mean by "life goal" the lesson you are supposed to learn during your current incarnation, or something else? Thanks.

Dargor
03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Do you mind sharing how and when did you decide which is your "life goal", and, if it isn't too personal, what is it? Do you mean by "life goal" the lesson you are supposed to learn during your current incarnation, or something else? Thanks.

Sorry but its a bit too personal but let's just say it's something I both hate yet desire at the same time. And no, it isn't about enlightenment or learning life lessons, as I believe I already learned enough about life for now. And even if I have some more things to learn, that can wait.

Rayen
22-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Tathātā. Suchness.