PDA

View Full Version : Starting a spiritual journey.

lanm1192
18-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Hi, I'm not really sure what I'm asking or looking for. At this point, I'm not too interested in enlightenment (trust and believe my ego has scared me away from that lol), but I do feel a desire to open up more, and to help myself get past my **** and go further in life, whatever that means.

I'm well aware there are things I need to deal with in myself, but I've also heard denying them does no good, which makes sense on some level, but I'm very perplexed on how to go about making these changes in myself in full acceptance. It just doesn't click for me. All I've been able to come to is try to meditate on moving past them and pray for the willingness to stay persistant, though my meditations can be skewered by what I feel are negative attachments/energies on me. And I've faulted in my own behavior playing the victim game, which frustrates me further.

As I said, I really don't know what I'm asking, probably just simply, how do I start? What is it, in the clearest terms possible, that I need to bring myself to do? How do I push myself to advance, in quality of life, peace of mind, and understanding enough to accept?

Frederick33
18-01-2015, 09:07 PM
hi just meditate and trust that what you need to know and is good for you will come to you

so there for already accepting that such a working process can be initiated

with in your self :-)

lanm1192
19-01-2015, 12:23 AM
hi just meditate and trust that what you need to know and is good for you will come to you

so there for already accepting that such a working process can be initiated

with in your self :-)

My meditations do get a bit skewered, if I try to relax my body it moves harshly without my control, but I suppose I can keep trying. Maybe that's what matters, I don't know.

Thank you.

wstein
19-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Hi, I'm not really sure what I'm asking or looking for. At this point, I'm not too interested in enlightenment (trust and believe my ego has scared me away from that lol), but I do feel a desire to open up more, and to help myself get past my **** and go further in life, whatever that means.
That is a decent place to start: find out who you are and look into that ego thing.

A suggestion how to start on that: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53437

lanm1192
19-01-2015, 02:08 AM
That is a decent place to start: find out who you are and look into that ego thing.

A suggestion how to start on that:

Thank you, I will start doing this. (I had to delete the url as I'm new and can't post them.)

Boson
22-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Hi lanm1192,

I will keep it as simple as I believe I can be. There is one answer to all your worries and struggles in life, and to find the inner peace you so desire. That answer is: Forgiveness. Complete forgiveness of your past will break the shackles of unhappiness and frustration and set you free to live in a state in wonderful bliss.

Boson

kkfern
22-01-2015, 02:07 PM
how do you start? you already have. you have decided.

start a journal. you will want to have a record of this. also, it is a good place to congeal your thoughts and desires. then start to notice what is about. you will see things and know they are leading you.

it is a journey and things will change as you travel but it is a wonderful journey.

kk

TaoSandwich
23-01-2015, 09:47 PM

I'm well aware there are things I need to deal with in myself, but I've also heard denying them does no good, which makes sense on some level, but I'm very perplexed on how to go about making these changes in myself in full acceptance. It just doesn't click for me. All I've been able to come to is try to meditate on moving past them and pray for the willingness to stay persistant, though my meditations can be skewered by what I feel are negative attachments/energies on me. And I've faulted in my own behavior playing the victim game, which frustrates me further.

As I said, I really don't know what I'm asking, probably just simply, how do I start? What is it, in the clearest terms possible, that I need to bring myself to do? How do I push myself to advance, in quality of life, peace of mind, and understanding enough to accept?

Ianm1192,

You have indeed already started. As angelwings astutely pointed out, meditation is indeed the first step. There is a saying that "there must be real people before there is real knowledge". At the beginning of a spiritual journey, there may be a temptation to "do" things to achieve enlightenment... however, a wise novice will first begin to come face to face with their "soul" and as they understand greater and greater truths, what they need to "do" will be self evident. If you try to "do" without understanding, there is a good chance that your actions will be fruitless.

As for bodily movement during meditation, this is something that happens with many people. Some people say that it is purification of one's emotions, or a physical reaction to the mind working out the energies contained within as it confronts them... although this is all speculation. What is important is that this is not an abnormal part of meditation (masters and teachers of various traditions have documented it happening for hundreds, if not thousands of years!), so allow it to happen for as long as it needs to and don't cling to it if it stops happening. I hope that you will share your insights with us as your journey progresses. May the road of your journey be filled with blessings and peace.

-TaoSandwich

lanm1192
22-02-2015, 03:03 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you who have responded, I will keep your words in mind. Thank you.

A human Being
22-02-2015, 11:19 AM
In terms of resolving the issues within yourself, I'd echo the suggestion to meditate; simply be still and witness whatever arises in your consciousness, both physical and mental, without any external distractions. Think of it as decompressing, or the practice of non-resistance.

lanm1192
22-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Thank you.