PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Meditaiton

Lynn
19-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Hello

I found this in a Christmas book I was reading. I thougt I would share it here. I was very moved by it as I took it from the page of the book and copied it into me computer.....

Felt the peace of the time of year come in....now a HUGE fan of this time of year....but maybe reading this might help some......

A Christmas Meditation by Jeanne W. Rosenberger

I saw Christmas….

It was a beautiful thing to see.
It was all red and green, and sparkly in colour.
It as tinseled stars, snow-clad hills, and scented pine trees.
It was gay packages, colored lights, happy Santa’s, and prancing reindeer.
It as stuffed turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and wished-for electric trains.
It was a stocking hung by the chimney, a sleepy little boy, a warm crackling fire.
It as a humble bed of straw, a radiant Mother, a beautiful baby.

I heard Christmas…

As greetings were exchanged over the counter, and along the street.
I heard Christmas, form the choir as it was practicing a cantata from a group of carolers as they lifted their voices in the glorious harmony of “ Silent Night.”
I heard Christmas in the scuff of sandaled feet as Shepherds and Wise Men crossed the fields to enter Bethlehem, bearing their treasured gifts.

I felt Christmas…

It was a beautiful thing to feel.
I felt it all around me and it enfolded me as a warm, soft cloak.
I felt it in the very cold tingle of the air.
I felt it in the mass of humanity moving around me in a closer walk of brotherhood, where quarrels are forgotten--wrongs righted--and a smile on the face of all.
I felt Christmas in the very presence of the New Born King.
I felt Him so near, I could almost touch the hem of His garment.
I felt the true meaning and the Spirit of Christmas, as it renewed itself in each man’s heart.
I felt that life and death again held purpose and meaning through the birthday of a King !

I saw Christmas…..I heard Christmas…..I felt Christmas…

An I knew that, once again there would be “Peace on Earth, Good will towards all men.”

I might have just found the Christmas Message I will send forth to friends....

Lynn