PDA

View Full Version : The Aetherius Society, organization for the New Age

mclan
28-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Hello! My name is Cathy, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in spiritual development, especially contact and absent healing. I've been a member of the Aetherius Society, www.aetherius.org (http://www.aetherius.org), for over 30 years. The Aetherius Society is a religious, scientific, and educational organization that puts an emphasis on serving humanity through spiritual action.

I discovered the Aetherius Society when I was in my early twenties. The teachings were so practical yet so powerful that I knew I'd found the path I'd been looking for.

Here's what the Aetherius Society has to say about spiritual development:

"Knowledge alone is like a map, essential to the journey, but we have to take the steps ourselves. Advancement through Spiritual development is movement in our journey back to God.

Through the practice of mystic exercises we actually stimulate, activate and open up our psychic centers so that inspiration, intuition and the higher aspects of mind can pour into our auric envelopes. This in turn creates an expansion of our consciousness and leads to a greater enlightenment and wisdom. As this takes place we further experience a multitude of benefits i.e. our concentration improves, we have a greater sense of inner peace and strength, we are able to experience greater happiness and inner joy. We become stronger people in all aspects of our lives and the things that seem difficult today become easier tomorrow.

We start living more inspired lives and our desire to serve intensifies, our hearts overflow with love, as we feel compelled to help, heal and inspire all those around us. By performing these sacred practices, we strengthen and develop our auric and magnetic fields so that we can become powerful radiators of God

Enlightener
29-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Sounds cool, do you guys have a website or something that i can check out?
It sounds more spiritual than religious which is always a good thing.

Enlightener

mclan
11-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi Enlightener,

Thanks for reading my post and responding! Yes, there is a website for the Aetherius Society, http://www.aetherius.org I think it's a very accessible as well as a beautiful site. I hope you visit.

The Aetherius Society is far more spiritual than religious, in my opinion. The teachings combine both eastern and western spiritual philosophies. We believe in karma and reincarnation. At the same time, we follow the teachings of the Master Jesus. We also believe that there are many valid systems of belief, each one of them a path to greater spiritual enlightenment.

Since finding the Society in the early 70s when I was in my early 20s, I haven't looked very much farther for spiritual teachings--this is the path that's right for me. What has been your journey?

mclan
11-09-2006, 04:29 AM
PS: I notice your location of Australia, Enlightener. There's a branch of the Aetherius Society there!

Mother Goose
11-09-2006, 05:01 AM
mclan, welcome to the board! :smile: And thank you for sharing all of that information with us. I will certainly check out the site. I does sound very appealing.

mclan
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I appreciate it so much, Mother Goose! Thanks for taking a look at the site, too. Hope you find it enlightening.

Also--maybe I should post this in an events forum--September 21 is the International Day of Peace, as set up by the UN in 1981. The Aetherius Society is setting up round-the-clock at-home prayer sessions, 15 minutes long (anyone can do it!), to extend from 6:00am EDT to 9:00pm PDT. If anyone is interested, please contact The Aetherius Society, 1-800-800-1354 or contact paul@aetherius.org.

Please consider joining us!

tiltjlp
12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks but no thanks, I don't do religion. Especially not those who claim not to be religions, while holding their hands out for money. I also prefer not to limit myself to 15 minutes of prayer and meditation once a year. Spirituality is priceless, not $55 a year.

John

kundalini
12-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks but no thanks, I don't do religion. Especially not those who claim not to be religions, while holding their hands out for money. I also prefer not to limit myself to 15 minutes of prayer and meditation once a year. Spirituality is priceless, not $55 a year.

John

Exquisitely valid point John.

Kundalini.

mclan
01-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, tiltjlp and kundalini! I was not very clear in my explanation. We (members and friends of the Aetherius Society) make prayer and meditation a part of our life, like breathing. It is a daily exercise!

The various branches of the AS around the world hold several meetings/week where groups of people can come together to send out light, love, and positive energy to the world.

The Prayer Vigil for The Int'l Day of Peace was the first time we joined in this important international activity, and the first time we came together, inviting everyone (whether or not a member of the AS) to join with us as a large group, keeping up a solid "chain of prayer" for peace across the US, whether at home or at at one of the branches, from 6am EDT to 12 midnight EDT.

And it was a wonderful success! We had over 150 people participating. I'm too far from a branch of the AS to go more than a couple times per year, so it was wonderful to know that many, many people were joining together with me from their homes (as well as those who were in groups). We set a time of 15 minutes to encourage more people to feel confident about what they could do--we most certainly didn't put a time limit on prayer! You could pray all day if you were inspired to do so. We are now in the stages of planning several of these vigils throughout the year--it creates so much light and love and positive energy. Plus it really gets people together, in spirit and a common mission.

And about the $55 membership fee--all organizations need to cover their operating costs. The $55 membership fee covers that and also gives you a yearly subscription to Cosmic Voice, an outstanding monthly spiritual newsletter. In addition, you can be a friend or sympathizer for absolutely nothing, attend almost all of the services, prayer circles, and events. All healing, both contact and absent, are free of charge as well. And anyone can request that a loved one be sent absent healing.

I understand the distrust and skepticism--there are a lot of people and organizations trying to capitalize on anything having to do with spirituality, New Age, metaphysics, etc. But please don't paint all orgs with the same broad brush! The Aetherius Society is 501(c)(3) Non-profit organzation that gives far, far more than it asks in membership fees.

daisy
01-10-2006, 01:21 AM
Exquisitely valid point John.

Kundalini.

nods head in agreement

BLAIR2BE
01-10-2006, 01:33 AM
myself..., a bit wary of such organizations..., always have been, always will be...

rose
01-10-2006, 09:26 AM
thanks mclan for giving us the option and link. i'll have a look :)

e-ma
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm too free to be a part of something like this...

mclan
22-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I haven't visited this forum for awhile, it was great to come back and see some replies to my post. I'm so grateful that people are having a look at the Aetherius Society to see what they think. I completely understand that it will be for some but not at all for others. Thank goodness there are an infinite number of ways to express truth and wisdom, and an infinite number of ways to express spirituality.

I can identify with e-ma who says "I am too free to be a part of something like this." For many years, I tried too hard to follow the path of Service (Karma Yoga) with great focus and discipline, and I almost wound up breaking my spirit and disconnecting from Service. I had to take a breather for awhile, and then come back to it in my own way. Maybe I'm not making as much progress, or as quickly as some. But I'm making sure that what I'm doing is full of joy and wonder, not drudgery and obligation. Sometimes I begin to fall back, but I can usually catch myself before I go too far!

I can also completely understand the skepticism! There is so much untruth trying to pass itself off as truth when it comes to spiritual, new age, metaphysical teachings. I think healthy skepticism, in the form of razor-sharp discrimination and discernment, are necessary when exploring the many paths of enlightenment.

For those of you celebrating, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know many of us have joyful thanksgiving in our hearts on a daily basis, but I really like having a special day set aside (in the US) for it!

AL
25-11-2006, 12:22 PM
This post is not directed at any one .org
We can all put out positive vibrant light energy into the WORLD and not just one country, any time. We dont have to subscribe to organised institutions.
On the other hand, when we consider what other things we may spend our hard earned on.......
So, perhaps if money needs to be gathered, it should be a donation thing. EG $55 may be nothing to some, but a lot to others. It could be seen as a form of exclusion to those with no money. (This game of no money, no sprituality is very spiritually immaure)
The only answer is transparency in everything. All organisations and businesses to become transparent so that their afairs are able to be looked at any time by all. Only then will there be trust from the general public.
Money = power ? Hmm.
love = power
knowledge = power
Silence = power
May you all shine your light regardless of finance.