PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions About Spirits ...

EternallyHurt
19-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Hello all, I have some questions about spirits and it would be very much appreciated and helpful if somebody could answer ... :redface:

1. Can a spirit fool you with its identity ? What I mean is, if you ask a spirit who it is ( or who it WAS while it was on Earth ) and it tells you who it was while it was on Earth, is it possible for the spirit to be lying to you ?

2. If so, how long can the spirit lie to you before the truth comes out ?

Again, any answers are well appreciated :smile:

Spirit Guide Sparrow
20-12-2010, 12:19 AM
To answer your own question, would you assume because someone is dead they are no longer able to lie?

How long is a piece of string?

If the source is of spirit, words will never be necessary. Therefore a lie impossible.
It is the soul to which you do speak, therefore subject to ego, and alas coloured by human nature.
-Sparrow

earthprowler
20-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Hello all, I have some questions about spirits and it would be very much appreciated and helpful if somebody could answer ... :redface:

1. Can a spirit fool you with its identity ? What I mean is, if you ask a spirit who it is ( or who it WAS while it was on Earth ) and it tells you who it was while it was on Earth, is it possible for the spirit to be lying to you ?

well in evidential mediumship they could lie to the medium but it would ultimately come out as a lie when told to the person getting the reading. when giving any type of reading, I never give a reading unless they knew the deceased so they would know any answers coming through.

how are you speaking to the spirits that they are lying to you or you think they are lying to you?

Gracey
20-12-2010, 02:10 AM
To answer your own question, would you assume because someone is dead they are no longer able to lie?

How long is a piece of string?

If the source is of spirit, words will never be necessary. Therefore a lie impossible.
It is the soul to which you do speak, therefore subject to ego, and alas coloured by human nature.
-Sparrow

Great answer!!!!!

SandybytheSea
20-12-2010, 12:07 PM
EternallyHurt, if you can track down the book called Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher, I think you'd find it very interesting (and it's a great read, too). It was published about 20 years ago. I'm not sure where you are, but there are quite a few 2nd hand copies in USA, UK and Australia available on abebooks,
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=joe&bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&recentlyadded=all&sortby=17&sts=t&tn=hungry+ghosts&x=73&y=15

Ciqala
22-12-2010, 01:56 AM

1. Look around at all the people you see that are alive - do they lie? I'm sure they do. Spirits are just people. That's all they are. Same as if you are trying to label a Cop. Cops, in the end, are just people, not all of them are nice.

2. That would depend on you, and your own level of intuition. You can easily tell when a person is lying to you, because you can read their facial expressions, their body language, ect. But with a spirit, you may not be able to do this, thus, it comes down to your intuition.

EternallyHurt
22-12-2010, 03:26 AM
The spirit that approached me was a nice spirit ... it never tried to harm me in any of kind of way, shape, or form ... it consoled me when I was upset and oddly enough, for some reason, I saw a piece of myself inside of the spirit ... its very hard to explain ..

The biggest problem I have with the spirit is, it claimed to be someone who was very well known on Earth ... and I dont know how much credit I can give to something like that.

Therefore, I just assumed the spirit a fake.

Thank you all for your answers, though :)

Ciqala
22-12-2010, 07:30 AM
just curious, who did they claim to be?

EternallyHurt
22-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry, but I dont feel comfortable with stating who the spirit claimed to be out in the open ...

Rumar
22-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Only reason why they would try to deceive you would be a personal thing which is rare, most spirits don't care and would go ahead and reveal themselves.

Skye
22-12-2010, 11:33 PM
The spirit that approached me was a nice spirit ... it never tried to harm me in any of kind of way, shape, or form ... it consoled me when I was upset and oddly enough, for some reason, I saw a piece of myself inside of the spirit ... its very hard to explain ..

The biggest problem I have with the spirit is, it claimed to be someone who was very well known on Earth ... and I dont know how much credit I can give to something like that.

A good number of people claim to have seen Jesus and felt his presence.

If the spirit you experienced is someone whom you would expect to bring you comfort at such times then it's possible it was that particular person who came from the spirit world.

This doesn't mean to imply they are constantly with you, or a personal guide. It's more than likely they were attracted to you due to the circumstances. For instance, if you enjoy writing poetry, some people claim your work can be influenced by well known poets of the past, poetry being the connecting link that attracts them. Anything is possible I suppose.

I would suggest though to keep grounded by not allowing the spirit's influence to overtake your own sense of reasoning and for you to test spirit at all times by questioning them.

Enya
22-12-2010, 11:42 PM
The thing to remember with 'famous' spirits is that they are people, like any other. What matters is your reaction and what you do with that information. Many mediums work with famous names but never tell anyone, because that lays the burden on proof on them and if the spirit person wishes to continue their work, then their previous identity doesn't really matter in the long run.
If your famous person returns, then test their spiritual credibility by asking why they have made themselves known, what work they wish to do with you, etc. If they're just someone mucking about, you'll soon suss it out. :smile:

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Okay, I dont like some of you guys' approaches to me about this whole thing. Im feeling like some of you are subtly trying to come at me wrong ... I can feel vibes ...

All I did was ask 2 simple questions, thats it.
Im only only 17 years old. Im just looking for guidance and answers.

.. But Im feeling bad vibes from some of you .. and all I have to say is if youre going to be subtly disrespectful or anything of the sort, then dont reply to my messages and dont write me at all, please. Thank you.

Xan
23-12-2010, 12:25 AM
This may seem odd, E.H... but if it were me I would ask the spirit if it's fooling or not. Usually we get a straight answer like this.

Xan

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:26 AM
The thing to remember with 'famous' spirits is that they are people, like any other. What matters is your reaction and what you do with that information. Many mediums work with famous names but never tell anyone, because that lays the burden on proof on them and if the spirit person wishes to continue their work, then their previous identity doesn't really matter in the long run.
If your famous person returns, then test their spiritual credibility by asking why they have made themselves known, what work they wish to do with you, etc. If they're just someone mucking about, you'll soon suss it out. :smile:

Thank you so much for being respectful to me with your reply :smile:
Youre right, "famous" spirits are regular just like everyone else ... I dont even view famous people as "famous" . They are just people, like us.

However, I feel I cant name the spirit that approached me, because it claimed to be a person who was famous on this Earth and people often get sidetracked on spiritual experiences because they get too caught up on the "fame" of the person ... I hope you understand what I mean ...
This makes it very tough for me to speak on my spiritual expereince to almost anyone ... :icon_frown:

The spirit told me why it came it to me .. it said it came to me because I needed love. And thats all the spirit basically showed me was love. I didnt feel like the spirit came to me to "use" me necessarily for anything in particular .. I feel like it just came because it did .. I know that sounds very simple,but thats how I felt when it was around.

The spirit isnt around me anymore and I dont think it will be coming back as I believe it advanced to a much "higher plane" .

I only worry about being tricked and deceived by spirits and things and I dont trust myself very often so thats why its hard for me to decipher the truth from the lies ...

Again, thank you so much for your reply :smile:

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:29 AM
This may seem odd, E.H... but if it were me I would ask the spirit if it's fooling or not. Usually we get a straight answer like this.

Xan

I dont find what you said odd at all :smile:
I did ask the spirit if it was fooling or not and it told me that it wasnt.
I never felt any negativity from this spirit, but I only struggle with it, because I know that spirits can deceive you too ... :icon_frown:
The spirit often showed me nothing but love of all kinds ... but like I said, I am very much aware that some spirits can trick you ... and thats why I am confused.

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Another thing. I am only looking for guidance and answers ... Im not claiming anything to be the absolute "truth" ... thats why I am here in the first place.
Its a spiritual thing for me 1OO percent ... not a physcial thing so much ...

.. But I feel like some of you are getting too caught up in ONE thing I said : " the person was well known on Earth ... "

Its spiritual ...

Xan
23-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Yes, negative sneaky spirit can deceive us just as people can.

But a spirit that shows you love will never try to fool you. Loving spirits are incapable of that. I speak from my own experience. :smile:

You can trust the love 100%, even when you feel you can't trust anything or anyone else.

Xan

Rumar
23-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Such distrust to the spirit after how straight forward they're being, what annoys me the most is the discrimination that people give spirits, because they don't understand them, if they're different, they're evil or bad. If they have dark energy they're evil or negative. I just asked who it may have been, because I dunno if I may have met them before or not, nothing more.

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Such distrust to the spirit after how straight forward they're being, what annoys me the most is the discrimination that people give spirits, because they don't understand them, if they're different, they're evil or bad. If they have dark energy they're evil or negative. I just asked who it may have been, because I dunno if I may have met them before or not, nothing more.

Im not discriminating against the spirit at all. I just simply said I assumed it was fake because I didnt understand any of my experience. Maybe that was wrong of me to say that, I will admit that. But I dont appreciate the way you flew out into judging me as a "discriminator" before you actually knew the whole story. I didnt dismiss the spirit because it was "different", I dismissed it because I became confused about the whole experience with it. I am sorry for any confusion I caused ... I truly dont like to argue, even if its over the internet. I HATE discord.

However, I DO believe that if a spirit has a negative energy or a dark energy, that they are evil. Now maybe I am wrong in thinking this, but this is my belief. You cant bash me for what I believe in. I never bashed you .. so please respect me.

I also am confused as to what you believe about my story ... do you believe it is authentic or not?

I am sorry if I misunderstood you. I truly am <3 .
I just felt like you were being facetious in asking me who the spirit claimed to be ... but if you werent, then I was wrong, and I am sorry.

Rumar
23-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Im not discriminating against the spirit at all. I just simply said I assumed it was fake because I didnt understand any of my experience. Maybe that was wrong of me to say that, I will admit that. But I dont appreciate the way you flew out into judging me as a "discriminator" before you actually knew the whole story. I didnt dismiss the spirit because it was "different", I dismissed it because I became confused about the whole experience with it. I am sorry for any confusion I caused ... I truly dont like to argue, even if its over the internet. I HATE discord.

However, I DO believe that if a spirit has a negative energy or a dark energy, that they are evil. Now maybe I am wrong in thinking this, but this is my belief. You cant bash me for what I believe in. I never bashed you .. so please respect me.

I also am confused as to what you believe about my story ... do you believe it is authentic or not?

I am sorry if I misunderstood you. I truly am <3 .
I just felt like you were being facetious in asking me who the spirit claimed to be ... but if you werent, then I was wrong, and I am sorry.
The bold is what I dislike because that IS discrimination, a different energy doesn't make someone evil. This isn't about bashing me or bashing or, I'm not bashing, what I don't get is how is it acceptable for such behavior to just treat others differently because of which? Such ignorance isn't allowed here physically but it's okay for those who aren't here with us physically? How would you like it if because your relative was different in such a tiny detail that I would start treating them like they're some enemy? Some evil person who shouldn't be trusted? Just because of ENERGY?! It's different if it's from intent but just plain energy is their existence, you're just going to judge from that?! This isn't just to you, but to almost the ENTIRE forum here, it's almost ENCOURAGED to be treating beings like that and I wouldn't doubt it whatsoever that I'd be banned because I keep showing "disrespect" because I don't see how that's fair to the spirits. If you want to get into this sort of field, be serious about this post of mine and quit being so friggin' ignorant. I may not know your entire story, but that's because you won't share it.

Yes, you asked one to three small questions throughout this entire thread but if you hope to be taught about the astral plane and all of those who reside in it, you're better off learning on ALL sides, not just one. If you wish of such, you're going to have to put vibrations, feelings, emotions, and even looks aside.

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Yes, negative sneaky spirit can deceive us just as people can.

But a spirit that shows you love will never try to fool you. Loving spirits are incapable of that. I speak from my own experience. :smile:

You can trust the love 100%, even when you feel you can't trust anything or anyone else.

Xan

Thank you so much for your reply :smile:
Thats what had me confused in the first place, I know there are sneaky, deceiving spirits out there ... and thats why I dont know what to think about the spirit that came to me.
However, the spirit did show me love like I said before ... all kinds of love. It showed a love that I dont think a human being could even show me. I deeply appreciated that ... but at the end of the day, I was still confused on whether the spirit was truly being honest or not. You know how sometimes we have our doubts about certain things we believe in? Well, I think it was something like that ...

For some reason, you strike me as a very positive, loving person ... and every response you have given me was respectful and I just want to say thank you :smile:

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 12:59 AM
The bold is what I dislike because that IS discrimination, a different energy doesn't make someone evil. This isn't about bashing me or bashing or, I'm not bashing, what I don't get is how is it acceptable for such behavior to just treat others differently because of which? Such ignorance isn't allowed here physically but it's okay for those who aren't here with us physically? How would you like it if because your relative was different in such a tiny detail that I would start treating them like they're some enemy? Some evil person who shouldn't be trusted? Just because of ENERGY?! It's different if it's from intent but just plain energy is their existence, you're just going to judge from that?! This isn't just to you, but to almost the ENTIRE forum here, it's almost ENCOURAGED to be treating beings like that and I wouldn't doubt it whatsoever that I'd be banned because I keep showing "disrespect" because I don't see how that's fair to the spirits. If you want to get into this sort of field, be serious about this post of mine and quit being so friggin' ignorant. I may not know your entire story, but that's because you won't share it.

Yes, you asked one to three small questions throughout this entire thread but if you hope to be taught about the astral plane and all of those who reside in it, you're better off learning on ALL sides, not just one. If you wish of such, you're going to have to put vibrations, feelings, emotions, and even looks aside.

Okay, please just leave me alone. Thank you.

Xan
23-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Rumar... You seem more interested in defending the spirits, who really need no defense, than in being responsive to the person / spirit you are communicating with... eh?

Xan

EternallyHurt
23-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Rumar... You seem more interested in defending the spirits, who really need no defense, than in being responsive to the person / spirit you are communicating with... eh?

Xan

PM :smile:

Rumar
23-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Xan

Edit: Screw it, I'm done, I can't possibly respond to this forum anymore, it's a waste of time. I'll just do what everyone else does, generalize the population. Everyone on board is the same, it's a waste of time and effort in trying to help, trying to teach, and even trying to share anything at all interesting.

LightFilledHeart
23-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Spirit visitors can be of a lower vibrational frequency and can misrepresent themselves as higher entities. It DOES happen...witness poor Blossom Goodchild who was lead down the primrose path by a trickster spirit purporting to be high spiritually evolved E.T.'s preparing to make a world-wide appearance on earth! Mostly how these trickster spirits work is to seduce the unsuspecting human with flowery flattery and the stroking of ego. You're told you are "special", "chosen", above ordinary humans. It sucked Blossom in, and it almost never fails to do so. When spirits tell us what we want to believe and flatter us in the process, it's a heady coctail that is hard to resist...!

I find the best way to avoid getting an imposter is to set up communications with high protection and with your Higher Self in the role of "bouncer", effectively carding people/entities at the proverbial door :smile: It works like a charm! And remember this too. You may think a famous person from history, a well known ascended Master or an Arch Angel is not likely to contact ordinary common place individuals, but think again!! Those beings are first and foremost in service, and secondly they value all aspects of Divine Oneness equally and do not make judgements between so-called "worthy" and "unworthy" humans...! It is their pleasure and purpose to serve humankind in our spiritual advancement, and they are only too happy to do so.

Enya
23-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Thank you so much for being respectful to me with your reply :smile:
Youre right, "famous" spirits are regular just like everyone else ... I dont even view famous people as "famous" . They are just people, like us.

However, I feel I cant name the spirit that approached me, because it claimed to be a person who was famous on this Earth and people often get sidetracked on spiritual experiences because they get too caught up on the "fame" of the person ... I hope you understand what I mean ...
This makes it very tough for me to speak on my spiritual expereince to almost anyone ... :icon_frown:

The spirit told me why it came it to me .. it said it came to me because I needed love. And thats all the spirit basically showed me was love. I didnt feel like the spirit came to me to "use" me necessarily for anything in particular .. I feel like it just came because it did .. I know that sounds very simple,but thats how I felt when it was around.

The spirit isnt around me anymore and I dont think it will be coming back as I believe it advanced to a much "higher plane" .

I only worry about being tricked and deceived by spirits and things and I dont trust myself very often so thats why its hard for me to decipher the truth from the lies ...

Again, thank you so much for your reply :smile:
You're welcome. :hug3: Names mean nothing to spirit, they are just a label. No one needs to know who that person was in this life - they brought you love and went on their way. Perhaps there is a soul connection between you... perhaps that was a lesson in humility for them... perhaps you will meet again one day, when both of you have progressed. Who knows? It's not unknown for spiritual workers to have knowledge they just can't tell anyone... write it in your journal, date it and chalk it up to a wonderful experience which you both benefited from. :hug3:

Enya
23-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Rumar, do remember that everyone learns at their own pace and that spirit people are perfectly capable of seeing past peoples' perceptions to the truth of their souls. They don't need you getting angry on their behalf, imho. :smile:

Xan
23-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Edit: Screw it, I'm done, I can't possibly respond to this forum anymore, it's a waste of time. I'll just do what everyone else does, generalize the population. Everyone on board is the same, it's a waste of time and effort in trying to help, trying to teach, and even trying to share anything at all interesting.

Gee Rumar... You might consider it's your own attitude that generates the negative response to you. Just sayin'

blessings
Xan

EternallyHurt
24-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Spirit visitors can be of a lower vibrational frequency and can misrepresent themselves as higher entities. It DOES happen...witness poor Blossom Goodchild who was lead down the primrose path by a trickster spirit purporting to be high spiritually evolved E.T.'s preparing to make a world-wide appearance on earth! Mostly how these trickster spirits work is to seduce the unsuspecting human with flowery flattery and the stroking of ego. You're told you are "special", "chosen", above ordinary humans. It sucked Blossom in, and it almost never fails to do so. When spirits tell us what we want to believe and flatter us in the process, it's a heady coctail that is hard to resist...!

I find the best way to avoid getting an imposter is to set up communications with high protection and with your Higher Self in the role of "bouncer", effectively carding people/entities at the proverbial door :smile: It works like a charm! And remember this too. You may think a famous person from history, a well known ascended Master or an Arch Angel is not likely to contact ordinary common place individuals, but think again!! Those beings are first and foremost in service, and secondly they value all aspects of Divine Oneness equally and do not make judgements between so-called "worthy" and "unworthy" humans...! It is their pleasure and purpose to serve humankind in our spiritual advancement, and they are only too happy to do so.

Thank you so much for your post :smile:
I agree with you 1OO percent .. :smile:

EternallyHurt
24-12-2010, 06:15 AM
You're welcome. :hug3: Names mean nothing to spirit, they are just a label. No one needs to know who that person was in this life - they brought you love and went on their way. Perhaps there is a soul connection between you... perhaps that was a lesson in humility for them... perhaps you will meet again one day, when both of you have progressed. Who knows? It's not unknown for spiritual workers to have knowledge they just can't tell anyone... write it in your journal, date it and chalk it up to a wonderful experience which you both benefited from. :hug3:

Thank you so much for your reply :hug2:
I feel like you amongst other people here actually understand my experience for what it was .. and it feels so good to have people understand you and give feedback :smile:
Im in agreement with you. I think everybody is equal in the spiritual realm, meaning that "fame" and things of that nature dont exist.
Im not that educated about the spiritual world, so thats why I am here .. so people like you can give me guidance and share your wisdom with me :smile:
I have struggled with that, myself .. I wasnt sure if me and this spirit had a soul connection or not ... but I just decided to let that part go. the odd thing about it is, the spirit kind of looked like me in a way that wasnt physical .. very difficult to explain .. it was almost as if I was seeing my own spirit on one half of the spirit and then I saw the spirit for who it really was on ther half .. I dont know, it was weird .. but I actually came to love the spirit .. very much. Sometimes, I feel crazy for saying things like that .. " I love a spirit ", because I feel like most people wouldnt understand and would look at me strange. But in my heart, I feel like thats what we all are underneath the flesh ... SPIRITS!
Anyway, sorry for rambling lol .
Thank you again for your reply <3.

Enya
24-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I wasnt sure if me and this spirit had a soul connection or not ... but I just decided to let that part go. the odd thing about it is, the spirit kind of looked like me in a way that wasnt physical .. very difficult to explain .. it was almost as if I was seeing my own spirit on one half of the spirit and then I saw the spirit for who it really was on ther half .. I dont know, it was weird .. but I actually came to love the spirit .. very much.
I would suggest that what you saw was that spirit's true essence and also your connection to them. We are much, much more than the sum of our parts and our own eternal spirit is vast in comparison to our tiny physical ego. Perhaps that was a flash of such insight. Something to ponder, eh? :smile:

EternallyHurt
24-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I would suggest that what you saw was that spirit's true essence and also your connection to them. We are much, much more than the sum of our parts and our own eternal spirit is vast in comparison to our tiny physical ego. Perhaps that was a flash of such insight. Something to ponder, eh? :smile:

Yes ... I agree ... what you just wrote to me is definitely something to ponder :smile:
Thank you so much for all of your replies to me, because all of them are insightful :hug3:

spiritualysurrounded
29-12-2010, 09:31 AM
read a little of this it will help you understand, but at the same time you say some one famous, do you mean they had a life recently or ever had a life or is this famous like God or angles,

meilach.com/spiritual/warning/warning

I my self have run across a spirit in the same situation. but the only thing he showed me is love. and like you it was a love that can not be reproduced on earth by any one. he showed me his love for me and my love for him. the weird part though when this happend was before the spirit came to me, some thing else visited me and told me never to listen to them. never do what they tell you. and that when some one of importance comes to you, you will be able to see them with your heart. that's if there not willing to open themselves up to you chances are its false. spirits have a calling card, every one of them do. its the sensation,vision,image, perception, frequency all wrapped in one instance. this is the name you should be concerned about, not a physical name. and if you do it this way when you run across one of them that you have all ready meet in heaven or hell or where ever you went, you will know them from the same signature they gave you in there.

even past spirits from previous lives have this spiritual signature. dont worry about there name, it seems you might be caught up on this too a little. honestly if there here to show you some love count your blessings. even to be shown care from any spiritual being is a gift to see them

the spirit that im with loves me to death. and is there for me all the time. what he has taught me is amazing and his thought on the matter of me not trusting him is " well i got all the time in the universe i can wait till you see"
but he is not eager to push the truth.

i hope you get to experince this again and chances are there still around you helping you through you daily life.

you know did you get hurt, do you feel misinformed, do you feel violated. do you feel guilty of excepting this? if not then accept it for what you saw. keep in mind that some times what were shown is part of the plan and your needed to act the way of the plan. so they show you something to push in in that direction. trust me its ok to beleave your experince.

dennichristianthegreate
16-01-2011, 06:49 AM
Can only answer for the last one - the attorney does matter. It doesnt matter where one is located if he/she are in the US.
If you are interested, pm me, my attorney is very good one - some of my co-workers have had GC less than in 2 years after the initial filing.

Greenslade
17-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes ... I agree ... what you just wrote to me is definitely something to ponder :smile:
Thank you so much for all of your replies to me, because all of them are insightful :hug3:

The Spirit might be 'trying you out for size'. That doesn't mean to say they're lying for the sake of lying, they might not tell you the truth to see what you'll make of it - or not. With Spirit, it's not a good idea to assume anything. If the Spirit says it was someone famous in their physical Life they might well have been. The rules change when Spirit is concerned, and if someone won't give you the time of day when they're alive it doesn't necessarily follow they'll do the same thing as Spirit. It's about making your own sense of it.

EternallyHurt
17-01-2011, 03:14 PM
The Spirit might be 'trying you out for size'. That doesn't mean to say they're lying for the sake of lying, they might not tell you the truth to see what you'll make of it - or not. With Spirit, it's not a good idea to assume anything. If the Spirit says it was someone famous in their physical Life they might well have been. The rules change when Spirit is concerned, and if someone won't give you the time of day when they're alive it doesn't necessarily follow they'll do the same thing as Spirit. It's about making your own sense of it.

Thank you for your post :smile:
I understand what you mean ... and I definitely think that what you said could be a high possibility ...
I really agree with what you said here : " ... and if someone won't give you the time of day when they're alive it doesn't necessarily follow they'll do the same thing as Spirit "

Greenslade
18-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you for your post :smile:
I understand what you mean ... and I definitely think that what you said could be a high possibility ...
I really agree with what you said here : " ... and if someone won't give you the time of day when they're alive it doesn't necessarily follow they'll do the same thing as Spirit "
You're very welcome, Eternally.

Rule One - burn the rule book.
Things are never quite the way that seem, Spirit-ways. A friend of mine says she uses two heads when dealing with Spirit. When the human head stops working, she puts on her Spirit head and things begin to make a little more sense. While it's not good to get paranoid, sometimes Spirit puts us to the test to see what we're going to make of it. Look on it more of an assessment than a test and it might make a little more sense. Sometimes Spirit will throw things into the mix to see how you'll respond or not. Imagine if you were Spirit - what would you do with you? I would say the thing here would be to hone your own feelings, don't take anything at face value but give it the benefit of the doubt at least then see how you feel from there. Perhaps later on you might feel the Spirit that came to you wasn't on the level, or perhaps they were after all. Discernment is the best tool you have and sometimes you can do yourself - and Spirit - a great disservice if you don't use everything you've got.

EternallyHurt
19-01-2011, 07:43 AM
You're very welcome, Eternally.

Rule One - burn the rule book.
Things are never quite the way that seem, Spirit-ways. A friend of mine says she uses two heads when dealing with Spirit. When the human head stops working, she puts on her Spirit head and things begin to make a little more sense. While it's not good to get paranoid, sometimes Spirit puts us to the test to see what we're going to make of it. Look on it more of an assessment than a test and it might make a little more sense. Sometimes Spirit will throw things into the mix to see how you'll respond or not. Imagine if you were Spirit - what would you do with you? I would say the thing here would be to hone your own feelings, don't take anything at face value but give it the benefit of the doubt at least then see how you feel from there. Perhaps later on you might feel the Spirit that came to you wasn't on the level, or perhaps they were after all. Discernment is the best tool you have and sometimes you can do yourself - and Spirit - a great disservice if you don't use everything you've got.

Thank you for your reply :smile:
Something weird about the Spirit is, it looked like me .. it looked like me to the 1Oth power ... I cant really explain it. It wasnt a physical thing though ... it was more of a soul/spiritual type thing ... the spirit really reminded me of myself .. but at the same time, it reminded me of someone else that I loved very much who died about a couple of years ago ... the spirit was very real. It was almost TOO real to the point of scaring me, if that makes sense to you .. when I finally got the chance to see the spirit in its "true form", something inside of my soul felt as if it knew and recognized who the spirit was before my physcial self actually did .. and this threw me off, as I dont understand it ...? :confused:

Sorry to steer off point lol . Something inside of me just wanted to let you know that for some reason ..
I understand what you are trying to tell me 1OO percent ... I really do and I thank you for sharing your insight with me . :smile:
Something I noticed is, the spirit who visited me knew how I felt about it as I would tell it ... I would tell Spirit how confused I was about it and how I didnt understand anything about it .. Spirit would often tell me that its sorry for making me confused and that it didnt mean to do that .. it told me that it was here because "I needed love ..." and it told me that it "loved me more than anything else in this world .." and that it "only wanted to show me that it cared about me .." and that "it was always around me .." ( the things I put in quotes are the thing the Spirit actually said .. ) but even though it told me all those things, it still didnt help the way I felt ... I was still confused ... :confused:

Anyway, once again, Ill have you know that I do understand what you are telling me 1OO percent and you could be absolutely right ..
My problem is I dont know how to trust myself or my intuition .. so even if I did feel something in particular, I wouldnt know how to trust it, unfortunately .. :icon_frown:

Sangress
19-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Spirits can be just as crafty, cruel or manipulative as anyone in a body. They can lie about anything they like and hide their identity as easily as you or I can.

As with people here, they can go on for as long as it takes for you to catch them out or until they feel a need to fess up.

From what I've seen and know, most don't really care to be deceitful or manipulative....unless they need to be, or really really want something and can see no other course of action in order to get what they want.

EternallyHurt
19-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Spirits can be just as crafty, cruel or manipulative as anyone in a body. They can lie about anything they like and hide their identity as easily as you or I can.

As with people here, they can go on for as long as it takes for you to catch them out or until they feel a need to fess up.

From what I've seen and know, most don't really care to be deceitful or manipulative....unless they need to be, or really really want something and can see no other course of action in order to get what they want.

I understand what youre saying and see nothing but logic in your answer. :smile:
The spirit who visited me didnt seem to want anything, except for me to know that it loved and cared about me .. it also seemed to want to share some things with me .. personal and everything .. but I would say that overall, the spirit seemed to be focued on one thing : love. It told me alot of things .. but it never seemed to fail at showing and telling me about its love for me and about love, period.

Celeste
26-01-2011, 12:12 AM
I answered two times, now. I give up! It's this stupid laptop.

EternallyHurt
26-01-2011, 03:21 AM
I answered two times, now. I give up! It's this stupid laptop.

Its okay ... I know how you feel ... my laptop acts stupid sometimes too ... sorry about your laptop, I hope is stops being stupid soon LOL .

Greenslade
30-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Something weird about the Spirit is, it looked like me .. it looked like me to the 1Oth power ... I cant really explain it. It wasnt a physical thing though ... it was more of a soul/spiritual type thing ... the spirit really reminded me of myself .. but at the same time, it reminded me of someone else that I loved very much who died about a couple of years ago ... the spirit was very real. It was almost TOO real to the point of scaring me, if that makes sense to you .. when I finally got the chance to see the spirit in its "true form", something inside of my soul felt as if it knew and recognized who the spirit was before my physcial self actually did .. and this threw me off, as I dont understand it ...? :confused:

Sorry to steer off point lol . Something inside of me just wanted to let you know that for some reason ..
I understand what you are trying to tell me 1OO percent ... I really do and I thank you for sharing your insight with me . :smile:
Something I noticed is, the spirit who visited me knew how I felt about it as I would tell it ... I would tell Spirit how confused I was about it and how I didnt understand anything about it .. Spirit would often tell me that its sorry for making me confused and that it didnt mean to do that .. it told me that it was here because "I needed love ..." and it told me that it "loved me more than anything else in this world .." and that it "only wanted to show me that it cared about me .." and that "it was always around me .." ( the things I put in quotes are the thing the Spirit actually said .. ) but even though it told me all those things, it still didnt help the way I felt ... I was still confused ... :confused:

Anyway, once again, Ill have you know that I do understand what you are telling me 1OO percent and you could be absolutely right ..
My problem is I dont know how to trust myself or my intuition .. so even if I did feel something in particular, I wouldnt know how to trust it, unfortunately .. :icon_frown:

Perhaps that is why that particular Spirit came to you, because you don't trust enough in yourself and you needed that external verification if you like.

When you get time, have a look here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html
This stuff makes sense to me but it won't to everyone. That isn't a problem, we all see the Universe in different ways. I believe I am an aspect of a Spirit. A part of that Spirit detached itself and became my Soul, which became incarnate and here I am. Looking through Past Lives, it makes sense because I have never been too far away from the same person. A little different because of genetics obviously, and circumstances have changed to fit in with who and what I needed to be in that particular Life. However, the 'basic me' hasn't changed that much and people who have known me over so many Lifetimes easily recognise the same energies.

Taking that back to your experience, perhaps this is what's happening. Are you one aspect of a certain OverSoul and that person was another aspect of the same one? If your consciousness is somewhere between human and Spirit you might well be perceiving those connections, and in one sense your Soul could well feel as though it's looking in the mirror. The Soul has Spirit connections, it doesn't perceive any barrier or whatever term you like to use between the physical and the Spiritual. In which case, the Soul would recognise another Soul/Spirit instantaneously as we would perceive it. From there, that recognition 'leaks' into your understanding where there is a concept of time. Soul sees it as 'right here, right now' and the mind sees it in terms of time - before and after.

If I may be so bold, I think where you're falling down is in trying to understand it. If that was your experience - whatever it was - then it was real to you. Real to you. Someone else's experience of reality doesn't count, all that matters is that it was your experience and nobody else's. Reality isn't always what we want it to be or how we perceive it, our perception changes and shifts sometimes as everything else in this Universe does. It happened because you needed it to happen, because you needed to know that someone, somewhere Loves you. Don't question why because Love doesn't need to be questioned. Just accept that someone, somewhere Loves you enough to come to you in Spirit and tell you that they did.

Sometimes we get so lost in our own notions that we don't really listen to what the teacher is telling us. In times like these, it's best just to be open enough to the idea that there are so many things in this Universe that perhaps we may never understand fully, but we get what we need when we need it. Stop trying to understand and focus on the message. How much do you know about how the internet in all of its intricacies do you really understand? Yet here you are, battering away on your keyboard and being a part of these forums.

EternallyHurt
31-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Perhaps that is why that particular Spirit came to you, because you don't trust enough in yourself and you needed that external verification if you like.

When you get time, have a look here - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html
This stuff makes sense to me but it won't to everyone. That isn't a problem, we all see the Universe in different ways. I believe I am an aspect of a Spirit. A part of that Spirit detached itself and became my Soul, which became incarnate and here I am. Looking through Past Lives, it makes sense because I have never been too far away from the same person. A little different because of genetics obviously, and circumstances have changed to fit in with who and what I needed to be in that particular Life. However, the 'basic me' hasn't changed that much and people who have known me over so many Lifetimes easily recognise the same energies.

Taking that back to your experience, perhaps this is what's happening. Are you one aspect of a certain OverSoul and that person was another aspect of the same one? If your consciousness is somewhere between human and Spirit you might well be perceiving those connections, and in one sense your Soul could well feel as though it's looking in the mirror. The Soul has Spirit connections, it doesn't perceive any barrier or whatever term you like to use between the physical and the Spiritual. In which case, the Soul would recognise another Soul/Spirit instantaneously as we would perceive it. From there, that recognition 'leaks' into your understanding where there is a concept of time. Soul sees it as 'right here, right now' and the mind sees it in terms of time - before and after.

If I may be so bold, I think where you're falling down is in trying to understand it. If that was your experience - whatever it was - then it was real to you. Real to you. Someone else's experience of reality doesn't count, all that matters is that it was your experience and nobody else's. Reality isn't always what we want it to be or how we perceive it, our perception changes and shifts sometimes as everything else in this Universe does. It happened because you needed it to happen, because you needed to know that someone, somewhere Loves you. Don't question why because Love doesn't need to be questioned. Just accept that someone, somewhere Loves you enough to come to you in Spirit and tell you that they did.

Sometimes we get so lost in our own notions that we don't really listen to what the teacher is telling us. In times like these, it's best just to be open enough to the idea that there are so many things in this Universe that perhaps we may never understand fully, but we get what we need when we need it. Stop trying to understand and focus on the message. How much do you know about how the internet in all of its intricacies do you really understand? Yet here you are, battering away on your keyboard and being a part of these forums.

You know, I wish my experience did not have such a negative effect on me . I dont think people really understand how bad I wish I could have just went through this spiritual experience and came out feeling more knowledgeable and thankful .
I feel like trust, love and everything else has to start from within to really grasp the concept. The Spirit visiting me might have damaged me more than it helped me ... but it only damaged me because I dont know if it was good or bad and I dont know if it was being truthful about who it said it was . I dont know anything! I know you told me not to try to understand so much ... but its very difficult for me . I feel like I deserve some kind of understanding .. but I know that I will never ever get any ... *sigh* . I guess its my fault.
I went to that website that you provided and I have to be honest, I dont think I fully understand what the Overself exactly is.
When they started talking about the different dimensions, that part made sense but I did not understand the essence of the general article.
I am not a believer in past lives . I am not saying that there is not a possibility of past lives being real because I think everything is a possibility ... I just dont believe in it.

Going back to talking about the Oversoul, let me see if I am at least grasping the idea of it. Would God be a good example of an Oversoul? Or is that too broad of an example? If God is a good example of Oversoul, then I think I understand it more than I thought I did .
If Oversoul is what I think it could possibly be, then I would say yes, I think there is a possibility that this person whom I speak about could be a apart of the same Oversoul as me . I dont rule anything out completely .
I do feel like Im somewhat looking in a mirror when I look into this persons' eyes ... but I mainly feel like this person reflects what my soul looks like or something to that effect ... I hope Im not confusing you. Me and this person have the same look in our eyes but our eyes are not shaped alike. It is hard to explain but I think you understand what I mean. Sometimes, I feel like I am the person, though I know thats obviously not true. But I dont mean physically, of course.
Just yesterday, I was looking at this person ... and a few moments afterward, I felt that same meditation - like drowsiness in my eyes and then my body started to react .. I was almost to the point of shaking ..
But I felt so much love in my heart and soul.
I like how you said Spirit sees things as 'right here, right now' and the mind sees things in terms of time because thats really true. I feel like the Spirit is pretty raw for the most part ... so whatever we see or perceive is just plainly what it is, while the mind has a difficult time understanding and deciding.
I am spiritual . I dont know how open I am to it .. but I am a spiritual person, I believe in the Universe and the things that are associated and disassociated with it . As I said before, I am open to all kinds of possibilities for the most part. I am one of those people who would read about another persons' spiritual experience and believe it quicker than my own.

You are right, understanding is my faulting point.
I want to understand everything because I think I feel like I deserve it so bad. I just dont want to be confused anymore. Im ready for an answer that would clear everything up already lol.
You said that I needed to know that someone, somewhere loved me. I would agree with that, if I could be 1OO percent sure that the Spirit who visited me was a good, positive Spirit. If the Spirit I encountered was only trying to trick me, then the word "love" doesnt even matter, because evil Spirits cant love. At least thats what I believe.
See, this is the problem. The Spirit, I dont know if it was a sincerely positive and loving Spirit or not. I dont know if it was trying to trick me or what. If it was a Spirit who was only trying to deceive me, then like I said, love just loses all its meaning in this in particular situation. Then, that would lead to other problems because I loved the Spirit who visited me ... and if it was an evil Spirit, then that would mean I loved something evil and that scares me ..

I would love to accept love if I knew that it was TRUE and SINCERE Love ...
I dont feel like I am questioning love, I feel like I am questioning the nature of my spiritual experience and the Spirit who came to me.

I do not exactly know the message of spiritual encounter either. I dont know anything and that is what is causing problems.

Greenslade
31-01-2011, 08:47 AM
You know, I wish my experience did not have such a negative effect on me . I dont think people really understand how bad I wish I could have just went through this spiritual experience and came out feeling more knowledgeable and thankful .
I feel like trust, love and everything else has to start from within to really grasp the concept. The Spirit visiting me might have damaged me more than it helped me ... but it only damaged me because I dont know if it was good or bad and I dont know if it was being truthful about who it said it was . I dont know anything! I know you told me not to try to understand so much ... but its very difficult for me . I feel like I deserve some kind of understanding .. but I know that I will never ever get any ... *sigh* . I guess its my fault.
I went to that website that you provided and I have to be honest, I dont think I fully understand what the Overself exactly is.
When they started talking about the different dimensions, that part made sense but I did not understand the essence of the general article.
I am not a believer in past lives . I am not saying that there is not a possibility of past lives being real because I think everything is a possibility ... I just dont believe in it.

Going back to talking about the Oversoul, let me see if I am at least grasping the idea of it. Would God be a good example of an Oversoul? Or is that too broad of an example? If God is a good example of Oversoul, then I think I understand it more than I thought I did .
If Oversoul is what I think it could possibly be, then I would say yes, I think there is a possibility that this person whom I speak about could be a apart of the same Oversoul as me . I dont rule anything out completely .
I do feel like Im somewhat looking in a mirror when I look into this persons' eyes ... but I mainly feel like this person reflects what my soul looks like or something to that effect ... I hope Im not confusing you. Me and this person have the same look in our eyes but our eyes are not shaped alike. It is hard to explain but I think you understand what I mean. Sometimes, I feel like I am the person, though I know thats obviously not true. But I dont mean physically, of course.
Just yesterday, I was looking at this person ... and a few moments afterward, I felt that same meditation - like drowsiness in my eyes and then my body started to react .. I was almost to the point of shaking ..
But I felt so much love in my heart and soul.
I like how you said Spirit sees things as 'right here, right now' and the mind sees things in terms of time because thats really true. I feel like the Spirit is pretty raw for the most part ... so whatever we see or perceive is just plainly what it is, while the mind has a difficult time understanding and deciding.
I am spiritual . I dont know how open I am to it .. but I am a spiritual person, I believe in the Universe and the things that are associated and disassociated with it . As I said before, I am open to all kinds of possibilities for the most part. I am one of those people who would read about another persons' spiritual experience and believe it quicker than my own.

You are right, understanding is my faulting point.
I want to understand everything because I think I feel like I deserve it so bad. I just dont want to be confused anymore. Im ready for an answer that would clear everything up already lol.
You said that I needed to know that someone, somewhere loved me. I would agree with that, if I could be 1OO percent sure that the Spirit who visited me was a good, positive Spirit. If the Spirit I encountered was only trying to trick me, then the word "love" doesnt even matter, because evil Spirits cant love. At least thats what I believe.
See, this is the problem. The Spirit, I dont know if it was a sincerely positive and loving Spirit or not. I dont know if it was trying to trick me or what. If it was a Spirit who was only trying to deceive me, then like I said, love just loses all its meaning in this in particular situation. Then, that would lead to other problems because I loved the Spirit who visited me ... and if it was an evil Spirit, then that would mean I loved something evil and that scares me ..

I would love to accept love if I knew that it was TRUE and SINCERE Love ...
I dont feel like I am questioning love, I feel like I am questioning the nature of my spiritual experience and the Spirit who came to me.

I do not exactly know the message of spiritual encounter either. I dont know anything and that is what is causing problems.

Eternally,

Not being callous here, but there are some things only you can decide on. All I can give you is my own perspective on this, such as it is. After that, it's entirely up to you to decide what you take on board or not.

I have a few Spirits that come to me on a regular basis. One is a young girl who is six years old, another is a boy of eight - in human terms anyway, putting aside the Spirit has no age bit for now. Sometimes they just come steaming in as kids do and smack me sideways with all that Love. I don't question that Love nor ask why they do that, it's unconditional as the Love I feel for them. For me it's that simple. How can such Love possibly come from anything or anyone who would wish me harm? No matter how clever a Spirit is, there's no faking that. What the question here isn't whether the Love or the Spirit was good or bad, it's how you choose to perceive it. It's not about fault, it's the way things are. Drop the baggage, because it looks as if there's a lot more than needs to be there. If you felt Love then that's what you felt and the Love was as real as it gets. Love isn't something you can hold in your hand and tell people what colour it is, it's only something you can feel.

Stop thinking you deserve, that doesn't help. You have all the answers you're ever going to get from this one but it seems you're choosing to ignore them. From my perspective - think about it or ignore it - the answers are pretty simple. You connected with a Soul in this Life that passed over. That Soul then went into Spirit (or however you choose to term it) where it tried to connect with you once again. To me, that's the message from the encounter. What you do with it now is entirely your choice - which you've obviously made. They tried to show you Love, they showed you patience and apologised when you said you were confused. Again you're answering your own questions - "evil Spirits cant love. At least thats what I believe." But you don't believe it because in the very next paragraph you turn it around on it's backside. Always you find reason to question, to doubt.

If you are open to the possibilities, then practice what you preach. Be open to the possibility that this experience was the 'real deal' and stop finding reasons to doubt and question. If you only do what you've always done, you'll only get what you've always got.

I personally believe there will come a time when you get to a crossroads. You will be given something or you will have an experience that will be a turning point for you, and what you decide from there will have a huge impact on how things pan out for you. If you stay with your fears, doubts and questions then that is all you will ever have. Sorry to be blunt but there isn't an easier way of saying it. You will have to make the choice about what Path you want to walk on. If you want to walk the Spiritual Path then I believe you will have to get past your biggest obstacle - yourself. You're never going to know for 100% that any Spirit is good and positive because you are always going to question. Once you put those questions aside then things will be a little different. You do know, you know inside and there's something inside you that wants to believe. But there's another part that won't let yourself. Which one will win? It's like the story of the pupil and the master who were sitting talking one day. The master said that there were two animals fighting inside him, one was called Fear and the other was called Enlightenment. The pupil asked him what one would win. The master said that it would be the one he fed.

EternallyHurt
01-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Eternally,

Not being callous here, but there are some things only you can decide on. All I can give you is my own perspective on this, such as it is. After that, it's entirely up to you to decide what you take on board or not.

I have a few Spirits that come to me on a regular basis. One is a young girl who is six years old, another is a boy of eight - in human terms anyway, putting aside the Spirit has no age bit for now. Sometimes they just come steaming in as kids do and smack me sideways with all that Love. I don't question that Love nor ask why they do that, it's unconditional as the Love I feel for them. For me it's that simple. How can such Love possibly come from anything or anyone who would wish me harm? No matter how clever a Spirit is, there's no faking that. What the question here isn't whether the Love or the Spirit was good or bad, it's how you choose to perceive it. It's not about fault, it's the way things are. Drop the baggage, because it looks as if there's a lot more than needs to be there. If you felt Love then that's what you felt and the Love was as real as it gets. Love isn't something you can hold in your hand and tell people what colour it is, it's only something you can feel.

Stop thinking you deserve, that doesn't help. You have all the answers you're ever going to get from this one but it seems you're choosing to ignore them. From my perspective - think about it or ignore it - the answers are pretty simple. You connected with a Soul in this Life that passed over. That Soul then went into Spirit (or however you choose to term it) where it tried to connect with you once again. To me, that's the message from the encounter. What you do with it now is entirely your choice - which you've obviously made. They tried to show you Love, they showed you patience and apologised when you said you were confused. Again you're answering your own questions - "evil Spirits cant love. At least thats what I believe." But you don't believe it because in the very next paragraph you turn it around on it's backside. Always you find reason to question, to doubt.

If you are open to the possibilities, then practice what you preach. Be open to the possibility that this experience was the 'real deal' and stop finding reasons to doubt and question. If you only do what you've always done, you'll only get what you've always got.

I personally believe there will come a time when you get to a crossroads. You will be given something or you will have an experience that will be a turning point for you, and what you decide from there will have a huge impact on how things pan out for you. If you stay with your fears, doubts and questions then that is all you will ever have. Sorry to be blunt but there isn't an easier way of saying it. You will have to make the choice about what Path you want to walk on. If you want to walk the Spiritual Path then I believe you will have to get past your biggest obstacle - yourself. You're never going to know for 100% that any Spirit is good and positive because you are always going to question. Once you put those questions aside then things will be a little different. You do know, you know inside and there's something inside you that wants to believe. But there's another part that won't let yourself. Which one will win? It's like the story of the pupil and the master who were sitting talking one day. The master said that there were two animals fighting inside him, one was called Fear and the other was called Enlightenment. The pupil asked him what one would win. The master said that it would be the one he fed.

I agree with you, all of the decisions at the end of the day are up to me. I am just curious about other peoples' opinions, to see their side and reasoning.

Youre right, my perception is the key. How I am viewing my situation and how I am viewing everything about Spirit is the thing. Perception is very powerful. And its not that I am trying to have a negative perception because Im not. I wold love to be able to embrace the power of the love that I think was given to me during my spiritual experience.
I am not ignoring the answers that are being given to me, I am just questioning them and I feel there is a difference. I do think about the things you are telling me and the things that others have told me ... I am not only wrapped up in my own opinions and perceptions, even though I know it might seem that way .
Maybe I do always find a reason to doubt and question but its not because I want to. I do not want to do that and I dont honestly know why I do it.
I dont believe evil spirits can honestly love but I do believe they can fake it. I heard things like, in the end, evil spirits will always reveal themselves as evil ... but I dont know if thats true or not.
Again, I am not trying to doubt. I dont wake up everyday and think "hm, I am going to doubt today" its just something that sneaks up on me and yes, I will admit it, I give way to it, but its not because I want to do that. I guess I just let the bad overtake the good. I dont know why I do that, though.
This statement of yours is a very true one " You do know, you know inside and there's something inside you that wants to believe. But there's another part that won't let yourself ". That has to be about EXACTLY how I feel.
Its very difficult, maybe I am making it difficult ... I dont know, but its still very difficult.

Again, I am sorry for taking up your time and probably annoying you. Thank you for talking to me, though.

Greenslade
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Again you're very welcome, Eternally.

I believe that we're all in this together. If one falls by the wayside we all do, so if that means taking someone by the scruff of the neck - metaphorically of course - smacking them upside the head and telling them to get a grip then so be it.

People are the way they are. We all have different backgrounds, experiences etc.. It wouldn't be a whole lot of fun if we were all the same - unless we we're all having fun.

I believe there's a much bigger picture happening inside your head. Don't take this as gospel because a shrink I'm not. What I think you're doing is looking at both sides of the belief coin at the same time. It's neither a right nor wrong thing to do, it's just the way you are. I also believe that the wall of doubt isn't unlimited and there will come a time when you come crashing through that wall. When you get to the other side - and you will, you'll look back on all of this and wonder what it was all about.

Now that you understand the power of perception, what you need to understand next is that you also have the power to change yours. Only you can empower yourself and nothing anyone can say will do that for you. So the next question is - will you empower yourself, and if you do what will you empower yourself to do?

You want reasons for it happening? You want answers? If you want the right answers then you have to ask the right questions. The reasons for it happening are right in front of you, in having doubts and questions. You're taking on board what people are telling you and you're thinking about it. You're not taking them at face value because you're questioning and not just sucking it all down. You're trying to work it all through in your mind in a way you can understand it. There are also people who have chosen to take time and replied to you. If they didn't give a hoot then they wouldn't have, or they might have slated you for it. That has to tell you something. You also keep apologising for taking up my time and annoying me. If that was the case and I had a problem with it, believe me I'd be long gone by now.

I believe there's something fundamental you're missing here. I believe we all go through a process and just right now you're part-way through that process. You can't see it because just right now you can't see what's behind the mask of what's in front of your face. You can't see the wood for the trees.

Everything in this Life is a mask. You are a mask, everything about you is a mask. What you project or choose to project to the outside world is a mask. Events are a mask, and what you experienced is an event that has a mask. Look behind the mask, always. I believe that there are reasons for things happening, and behind the mask of the event itself lies the reasons. Think back to how you were like just before the experience. Then you had the experience and think about everything that has happened since. Look at the whole process that the experience sparked off, the whole chain of events that brought you to where you are now. Think about how you have changed since - because you have, we all change from day-to-day no matter how imperceptible we perceive that to be. Look at the changes, the differences. See your own footprints in the sand. I can't so that for you - and I won't.

I believe that people have to find their own answers because those are the best ones. I won't give you answers but I can offer my own perspective on what's happening here. The real answers can only come from you. However, if I can I'll help you with he questions I will. For me, the question you should be asking is - "What's behind the mask and what are the reasons for it happening?

EternallyHurt
02-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Again you're very welcome, Eternally.

I believe that we're all in this together. If one falls by the wayside we all do, so if that means taking someone by the scruff of the neck - metaphorically of course - smacking them upside the head and telling them to get a grip then so be it.

People are the way they are. We all have different backgrounds, experiences etc.. It wouldn't be a whole lot of fun if we were all the same - unless we we're all having fun.

I believe there's a much bigger picture happening inside your head. Don't take this as gospel because a shrink I'm not. What I think you're doing is looking at both sides of the belief coin at the same time. It's neither a right nor wrong thing to do, it's just the way you are. I also believe that the wall of doubt isn't unlimited and there will come a time when you come crashing through that wall. When you get to the other side - and you will, you'll look back on all of this and wonder what it was all about.

Now that you understand the power of perception, what you need to understand next is that you also have the power to change yours. Only you can empower yourself and nothing anyone can say will do that for you. So the next question is - will you empower yourself, and if you do what will you empower yourself to do?

You want reasons for it happening? You want answers? If you want the right answers then you have to ask the right questions. The reasons for it happening are right in front of you, in having doubts and questions. You're taking on board what people are telling you and you're thinking about it. You're not taking them at face value because you're questioning and not just sucking it all down. You're trying to work it all through in your mind in a way you can understand it. There are also people who have chosen to take time and replied to you. If they didn't give a hoot then they wouldn't have, or they might have slated you for it. That has to tell you something. You also keep apologising for taking up my time and annoying me. If that was the case and I had a problem with it, believe me I'd be long gone by now.

I believe there's something fundamental you're missing here. I believe we all go through a process and just right now you're part-way through that process. You can't see it because just right now you can't see what's behind the mask of what's in front of your face. You can't see the wood for the trees.

Everything in this Life is a mask. You are a mask, everything about you is a mask. What you project or choose to project to the outside world is a mask. Events are a mask, and what you experienced is an event that has a mask. Look behind the mask, always. I believe that there are reasons for things happening, and behind the mask of the event itself lies the reasons. Think back to how you were like just before the experience. Then you had the experience and think about everything that has happened since. Look at the whole process that the experience sparked off, the whole chain of events that brought you to where you are now. Think about how you have changed since - because you have, we all change from day-to-day no matter how imperceptible we perceive that to be. Look at the changes, the differences. See your own footprints in the sand. I can't so that for you - and I won't.

I believe that people have to find their own answers because those are the best ones. I won't give you answers but I can offer my own perspective on what's happening here. The real answers can only come from you. However, if I can I'll help you with he questions I will. For me, the question you should be asking is - "What's behind the mask and what are the reasons for it happening?

Thank you :smile:

I agree, it wouldnt be a whole lot of fun if we were all the same! It would be very boring and I would probably go even more insane that I already am! LOL :D

Lol, I know youre not a shrink . Still, I am curious to know your opinions and perceptions just like I am with everyone else. I guess I am trying to see if I can relate to your perceptions before ruling everything else out.
Youre right, I am looking at both sides of the coin. I am doing this to try to come to a conclusion, a legit one.
I know, only I can change my perceptions and beliefs but I feel like people can be influential on those things.
Maybe something is flawed in my perceptions ..? This is why I like to listen to what other people think, even though I know the ultimate decision is up to me .
Okay, Im glad that Im not annoying you ... I just kind of picked up that vibe for some reason . I know other people here care because they have shown it through taking the time out to answer me ... I dont understand why you said this : "There are also people who have chosen to take time and replied to you. If they didn't give a hoot then they wouldn't have, or they might have slated you for it " ...?
I understand that you cant give me the answers I am looking for. Nobody can do that, I have to detect my own answers, but what I am telling you is that I look for the perceptions and opinions of others to see if maybe there is something I am missing in my own perceptions.
Maybe there is something that I am missing in my own perceptions that you, and others have.

Medium_Laura
02-02-2011, 01:36 AM

The thing I ask first and foremost of any spirit. Are you of the Divine Light?

This is one thing, they cannot lie about. If they do not answer a yes.... dismiss the spirit/ghost/entity immediately.

dogninja
02-02-2011, 01:53 AM
1. yes

2. till one smartens up.

dogninja
02-02-2011, 01:55 AM
1. they will tell you they are angels, or deities, or whomever you are trying to talk to if they are malicious. Learning discernment is critical.

EternallyHurt
05-02-2011, 03:56 AM
I started this thread because I went through a spiritual experience where I didnt know if the spirit I was talking to was good or bad, you know ... negative or positive ir however you want to put it ..
Now, I think I have my answer and will not be needing anymore advice or guidance ..
But I thank all of the ones from the bottom of my heart who have tried to help me and who have shared their opinions and feedback with me!! :-) <3

Nymphea
15-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I have sent you a PM