PDA

View Full Version : I Love Irony!

Mr Interesting
06-01-2015, 09:25 PM
I really do and I find so much of me and my life totally ironic.

The centre of the earth is a vast super compressed ball of Nickel Iron, it's like a molten ball bearing zooming through space crusted with dust and odds and ends picked up over a few million years... and we live and breath and have lives on it.

And pure Iron is completely rust free, but incredibly difficult to persuade into existence, but as soon as some carbon gets involved, a few percent even, it's steel and the foundation of modern life but add water and air and that so dependable steel just wants to get straight back into the earth. It just wants to rust as quickly as possible.

Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία (eirōneía), meaning "dissimulation, feigned ignorance"[1]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event characterized by an incongruity, or contrast, between what the expectations of a situation are and what is really the case, with a third element, that defines that what is really the case is ironic because of the situation that led to it.

And my work, when I get around to it, often involves steel and working with gas to create finely focused and intense heat to join together and otherwise bend and shape this steel. And when this intense heat is focused on the steel all the Iron atoms align and create a magnetic field... which on the macro scale is what actually protects us from the stuff that comes from the sun and would melt us all into dribbling masses of uncoherent charged particles.

Even that's all kind of Ironic isn't it? Iron I see... Iron (I)integrated (C) circuit... Man, it just goes on and on.

Yesterday I was going into town in my little 24 year old Daihatsu Mira, which for those who don't know is one of the smallest cars easily bought on a budget, and I saw an equally old BMW go past covered in the regalia of a racing car and I've been wondering about painting my car and the idea occurred to me that doing up my car the same way would be totally ironic... simply because it so isn't a racing car, even whilst I often enjoy pretending it is.

And I could parodyse (as in creating parodies) the whole serious supplier of racing goods and monies by sponsors etc by creating my own total ironic joke... which I often know people think my car is - alike my true self is often a complete parody of my identified self.

These days too I am increasingly drawn to the parable like there's far too much connective stuff going on that to apply a serious disposition with factual basis and all the other goofiness would mean I'd have to write a book just to answer a post... or get totally with the navel gazing, guru trampoline bouncing for the heights of esoteric new language speaking... and I'm just to lazy and self involved in my own pranky joker nature to ever be bothered.

Many posts now seem to go there... awareness this, awareness that, awareness squared (get it squares) equal the reciprocal of consciousness divided by it's head up it's...

So my current, and read like it could change 'cause I like that woman are given that option so I've taken it for myself, idea is that we need less of the super guru knowledge and more kind of Ironic parables... so the suspension of belief thing ain't a tightrope for the masses to watch the masters in wonder but a simple ability to leap about quite like the proverbial idiot.

luntrusreality
06-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Many posts now seem to go there... awareness this, awareness that, awareness squared (get it squares) equal the reciprocal of consciousness divided by it's head up it's...

I know, I hate those guys !

Mr Interesting
06-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Well embraced... but you forgot to make more of yourself as a joke.

Banter time?

luntrusreality
06-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Banter time?

All I tried was to stay on topic with your thread title, there..
But you're right, there was more potential now that I think about it xD

luntrusreality
06-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Had to look up "banter"

"Supple term used to describe activities or chat that is playful, intelligent and original. Banter is something you either posses or lack, there is no middle ground. It is also something inherently English, stemming as it does from traditional hi-jinks and tomfoolery of British yesteryear. "

No surprise then ..I am definetly not British! New-Zealand still Queen-Country?

Edit:
Now on to look up "hi-jinks" "tomfoolery" and "yesteryear"...

silent whisper
06-01-2015, 10:44 PM

Banter time?

I cant help but laugh for no reason really..:D

silent whisper
06-01-2015, 10:45 PM
The jokes on us when we become the joker and the joke as one!

silent whisper
06-01-2015, 10:47 PM
He who laughs at himself laughs harder/best/worse?

“I think the warning labels on alcoholic beverages are too bland. They should be more vivid. Here is one I would suggest: "Alcohol will turn you into the same *** **** your father was.”
― George Carlin, When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

Just so you know that blanked out word is not that bad!!

silent whisper
06-01-2015, 10:50 PM
I really do and I find so much of me and my life totally ironic.

The centre of the earth is a vast super compressed ball of Nickel Iron, it's like a molten ball bearing zooming through space crusted with dust and odds and ends picked up over a few million years... and we live and breath and have lives on it.

And pure Iron is completely rust free, but incredibly difficult to persuade into existence, but as soon as some carbon gets involved, a few percent even, it's steel and the foundation of modern life but add water and air and that so dependable steel just wants to get straight back into the earth. It just wants to rust as quickly as possible.

Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία (eirōneía), meaning "dissimulation, feigned ignorance"[1]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event characterized by an incongruity, or contrast, between what the expectations of a situation are and what is really the case, with a third element, that defines that what is really the case is ironic because of the situation that led to it.

And my work, when I get around to it, often involves steel and working with gas to create finely focused and intense heat to join together and otherwise bend and shape this steel. And when this intense heat is focused on the steel all the Iron atoms align and create a magnetic field... which on the macro scale is what actually protects us from the stuff that comes from the sun and would melt us all into dribbling masses of uncoherent charged particles.

Even that's all kind of Ironic isn't it? Iron I see... Iron (I)integrated (C) circuit... Man, it just goes on and on.

Yesterday I was going into town in my little 24 year old Daihatsu Mira, which for those who don't know is one of the smallest cars easily bought on a budget, and I saw an equally old BMW go past covered in the regalia of a racing car and I've been wondering about painting my car and the idea occurred to me that doing up my car the same way would be totally ironic... simply because it so isn't a racing car, even whilst I often enjoy pretending it is.

And I could parodyse (as in creating parodies) the whole serious supplier of racing goods and monies by sponsors etc by creating my own total ironic joke... which I often know people think my car is - alike my true self is often a complete parody of my identified self.

These days too I am increasingly drawn to the parable like there's far too much connective stuff going on that to apply a serious disposition with factual basis and all the other goofiness would mean I'd have to write a book just to answer a post... or get totally with the navel gazing, guru trampoline bouncing for the heights of esoteric new language speaking... and I'm just to lazy and self involved in my own pranky joker nature to ever be bothered.

So my current, and read like it could change 'cause I like that woman are given that option so I've taken it for myself, idea is that we need less of the super guru knowledge and more kind of Ironic parables... so the suspension of belief thing ain't a tightrope for the masses to watch the masters in wonder but a simple ability to leap about quite like the proverbial idiot.

Undoing the self you see your undoing, into everthing and nothing really.

SO whats a proverbial idiot between friends..friends I guess..:wink:

silent whisper
06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
People don't talk like this, theytalklikethis. Syllables, words, sentences run together like a watercolor left in the rain. To understand what anyone is saying to us we must separate these noises into words and the words into sentences so that we might in our turn issue a stream of mixed sounds in response. If what we say is suitably apt and amusing, the listener will show his delight by emitting a series of uncontrolled high-pitched noises, accompanied by sharp intakes of breath of the sort normally associated with a seizure or heart failure. And by these means we converse. Talking, when you think about it, is a very strange business indeed.”
― Bill Bryson, The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way

luntrusreality
06-01-2015, 10:57 PM
People don't talk like this, theytalklikethis. Syllables, words, sentences run together like a watercolor left in the rain. To understand what anyone is saying to us we must separate these noises into words and the words into sentences so that we might in our turn issue a stream of mixed sounds in response. If what we say is suitably apt and amusing, the listener will show his delight by emitting a series of uncontrolled high-pitched noises, accompanied by sharp intakes of breath of the sort normally associated with a seizure or heart failure. And by these means we converse. Talking, when you think about it, is a very strange business indeed.”
― Bill Bryson, The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way

Awesome :D

Emmalevine
07-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Irony is the best form of humour.

Needless to say, I'm British.

Mr Interesting
07-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Case in point.

On Monday morning I was looking at facebook and a new friend had a post where she was offered her flat for rent for a week so she could go on holiday.
It's a very lovely flat, or apartment as our American friends might say, very close to the city tucked into a hill reserve and filled with all manner of spiritual luxuriance and my little voice said 'get it for Mike,' This made sense right away as Mikes been homeless for 8 years and is a little over the wandering saint thing and the woman with the flat had just told me she wanted to obtain some of the arty extravagant clothes I'd made for myself in the past but am now over so I offered them to her to pay for the week in the flat for Mike to have a holiday from being homeless.

Though as soon as I offered this she was obfuscating to the extent that something else was going on. Turns out it was plain old money she was after so I said that there was someone else who had expressed interest in my clothes and that I would get in touch with him but meanwhile I would go out and try and find Mike.

The last two days I've been going out and trying to find Mike and looking for homeless people means acting like homeless people and this comes with all sorts of adventures and the other fellow who might buy my clothes has said he'll be back from his family holidays today and will get in contact.

So as this has all fallen about laughing at itself as a situation, or group of situations, bathed in irony, it has been obvious as well in the way spirit does the work. That this woman in the flat has been able to review her situation from my willingness to give up what I have for someone else to benefit from and see her own need to define what should happen so she can get what she wants and this has proven true as she just posted on facebook this morning that even while she has been working with spirit to heal herself of what she feels needs healing all she actually needs is more trust in spirit.

Meanwhile I have a chap arriving who will most likely give me money for what I have and he wants right at the moment where the money I have is gone.

I suppose it's like an Ironic symmetry, that it looks one way as we go in, and while with a deeper sense we might see each of the birds bein' hit with the single stone and feel the reliability of each doin' what actually needs done, as it spreads and takes on it's own life it becomes a whole bunch of something else's that could never have been imagined with our dull brains.

And almost the chief irony is that this woman initially heaped all this praise on me for being such a good man, so noble and virtuous, which may or may not be true while I'm sitting here knowing that in these tradings of energy, this willingness to jump in and ride the wave, that I'll always end up in a far better position than I am in now no matter what weighing up of convenience is measured at the beginning and that this measurement, if one could truely be ascribed to such, that it would be the beauty of the irony as it makes it's course and that for me, myself and everybody involved achieve the gestalt where the sum is always greater than the factors of its parts and that it is only our perception of the energy moving around that denotes whether it is a lose or a gain for us.

And after reviewing some Abraham Hicks vids yesterday to find one that suited a particular query on another post I'm kind of seeing that the willingness to selflessness has an intrinsic selfishness about it that is also totally ironic. A higher Selfishness as it were which I find alluring simply because it's so ironic in a sense that the willingness to widen and give ourselves to these motivations seemingly on the surface as acts of selflessness bring us to a greater reality of 'our' selves, the joined and connected spirit of humanity and that this resides within the physical and mundane self as greater comfort and trust within this life.

But what about Mike?

Ivy
07-01-2015, 08:02 PM

I love you current Mr I.

Ivy
07-01-2015, 08:05 PM
All I tried was to stay on topic with your thread title, there..
But you're right, there was more potential now that I think about it xD

Sheesh, was Mr I telling you how to express yourself? He gonna be in trouble :icon_eek:

luntrusreality
07-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Sheesh, was Mr I telling you how to express yourself? He gonna be in trouble :icon_eek:

Would you help me load the guns , please?

Ivy
07-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Lol, I'm not going to protect you, if people tell you that silence is golden, I shall sing along :D

luntrusreality
07-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Lol, I'm not going to protect you, if people tell you that silence is golden, I shall sing along :D

Then you are kill on sight , Ivy :glasses7:

Ivy
07-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Then you are kill on sight , Ivy :glasses7:

Well now I don't know whether to sing this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Or this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27hrBgomzM

LadyMay
08-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Awareness is overrated. Let's all just have a blast.

Irony has always been a favourite of mine.

luntrusreality
08-01-2015, 12:07 AM
Awareness is overrated. Let's all just have a blast.

I'd say it seems underrated :D

LadyMay
08-01-2015, 12:31 AM
I'd say it seems underrated :D

Your avatar is so... inconspicuous...

:hiding:

luntrusreality
08-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Your avatar is so... inconspicuous...

:hiding:

what do you mean? I just like donuts

LadyMay