PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrimage To Wiltshire (June 2015)

Achan
06-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Hello,
I am perhaps posting an unusual request, however I hope that this will be of interest to someone.

I am planning to visit Stonehenge, as well as the Avebury Stones, in June this year for the Summer Solstice. As it will be my first time visiting, I would like to arrive before Midsummer in order to explore the area of Wiltshire and enjoy the beautiful countryside (as opposed to the concrete jungle I currently live in...). I also wish to have Stone Circle Access to Stonehenge during this time, before the Solstice, in order to experience the sacred site more intimately than will be possible on Midsummer's Day.

I intend to travel from London, England, by foot and camp outside each night and then at a campsite in Wiltshire near Stonehenge. The journey there would be about six days (based on my calculations) and back including about a week of site seeing in Wiltshire before the Summer Soltice. So this journey would be about 3 weeks in total.

I would very much like to share this journey with others (preferably female) and I am hoping to find people who would be interested in joining me on this pilgrimage to Wiltshire. (Ideally I would like to find people already in London and or the home counties).

Though this is a pilgrimage, I am open to anyone irrespective of their religious or spiritual beliefs (I also welcome any pagans). I consider Stonehenge, the surrounding area and the Avebury Stones to be sacred sites so this is, for me, a spiritual journey to visit them.

As this pilgrimage is still very much in the planning stages, I am of course open to ideas and suggestions about how best to proceed with this journey.

If you are interesed in potentially joining me on this pilgrimage, please do send me a message and I will answer any questions you have.

:icon_sunny: