PDA

View Full Version : Something's Knocking

Shelly24
02-01-2015, 09:21 PM
I purchased my home a little over a year ago. The home was built in 1974. I have no knowledge of the prior occupants. After a year, I have started hearing someone or something knocking on a window in my livingroom. It is a polite and very deliberate knock like someone knocking at the door. Not particularly loud or urgent. Not scary, just knock, knock, knock, knock.... The number of knocks varies from 3 to 6 or 7). It has happened during all kinds of weather and various times of the night/morning. The only consistency is that it’s always dark outside and it’s always the same window. I’ve considered possible explanations. The bottom of the window is about 5 ½ feet off the ground. There is nothing outside near the window (like a tree) that could be hitting against the window. There is no evidence of an animal making the sound (like a rodent climbing up screen) and anyway, it sounds exactly like knuckles knocking on the window, not like an animal. I’m in CA and no snow here, nothing to leave tracks in. I first noticed it one night about a month ago when I was sitting in my livingroom reading at about 11:45 PM. I was wide awake and sitting near the window so I heard it very clearly for the first time. My cat heard it too and trotted over and looked out the window. Brave kitty-me not so brave. I’ve heard the knocking 6-7 times since then. My cat always perks up his ears and looks very intently towards the sound. After I heard it clearly that one night, it occurred to me that I’ve heard it before from my bedroom. It’s my cat’s reaction that made me realize I had heard it before. I’ve seen him react that way several times to a knocking sound that I heard from my bedroom while sleeping and I attributed to the refrigerator and just ignored it. He knows the difference. Smart cat, dumb me!

The knocking makes me feel uneasy but I think that’s more because I have psyched myself out than anything I am picking up on a subconscious level. Initially I thanked it for politely knocking but told it that it cannot come in. It continued to knock. I had a friend over for dinner a week ago. We sat in the living room for several hours hoping to hear it, but nothing. My friend suggested I tell it that it is making me nervous and that I want it to go away. I was reluctant because it doesn’t seem to want to harm me so I wondered if there might be something I could do to help it. But in the end, I’ve been a bit spooked about it and finally asked it to leave. It’s been a week now and I have not heard anything.

So what do you think? Is this something paranormal? Anybody else have similar experience?

Frederick33
02-01-2015, 09:33 PM
wow some story sure it was paranormal since it went away after you asked

no idea what it was , you must be happy its gone yes :-)

anyways
lots of love and light to you and your friend

Shine
03-01-2015, 12:47 AM
I think its a spirit trying to get your attention about something. If it wanted to come in your house, I would think that maybe it would knock on your door instead. I know that sounds silly! :) Is there something you may have been putting off taking care of?:)

I had the same thing happen one afternoon during the summer. It only happened once though. it was heavy Knocking coming from inside our garage window right behind me. I was home alone too! Creepy! At first thought was to walk away, which I did truthfully :) I immediately went though, I never want to appear scared :)! Ha! Ha!
Anyway, I saw nothing. After, While trying to figure out the why this happened, it occurred to me it may be because I was putting of some things I needed to be doing and spirit was trying to get my attention to remind me to get them done :)
Hasn't happened since :)
Love shine

desert rat
03-01-2015, 12:52 AM
I could be a ghost or other astral critter , it could also be a bird .

Shelly24
03-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the opinions. If it is an animal (pretty sure it's not though) it's most likely a rodent. I have someone coming tomorrow to look into that. But I can't imagine a rodent or bird making this kind of sound.
Shine-very interesting. Out of curiousity, were you putting off some things relating to your house or garage specifically or just in general? I can think of all kinds of things I should be doing-who doesn't have things? But I wonder if there's some unknown problem with my house over by the window that it's trying to call my attention to.

KevinO
03-01-2015, 01:16 AM
I hear knocks at the door occasionally, generally in the space between sleep and wakefulness. Someone is telling me something.

I will say as a former realtor, though, there can be physical reasons that houses make noises, especially older houses. Windows out of alignment, things left between the studs, floors settling and becoming creaky, and we all have a tendency to bring life to these occurrences.

I was also in pest control and it is very unlikely to be related to that.

Shine
03-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Hi Shelly! I was doing alot outside such as landscaping my garden, not anything that could affect my plants well being:) and hadn't been keeping up with my reading. Reading being spiritual type stuff :)
By the time I would be done outside at the end of the day, id come inside the house and just sit like a lump on my favorite chair :)
The knock on the garage window ment to me "put away your gardening stuff, get inside and start reading!:) ha! Ha!

Love shine