PDA

View Full Version : New to Astral Projection

TomD
17-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Hello,

Im new to this whole Astral Projection thing. Im really interested in trying it, but firstly I need to know exactly what happens?

People say there Astral Plane explorers, and they do as they please. Visit deceased ones, fly, jump of heights. Then come round and remember every detail as though it was real life?

Also, is it hard to become a deep explorer? Does it take long?

Apakhana Akshobhya
18-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I think one of two things usually happens: People actually leave the body and other times people have dreams they are leaving their body which they wake up in, and so those dreams become lucid dreams.

Astral projection and lucid dreaming are two separate things although the phenomena surrounding them both seem to be closely related at times.

Essentially, laws seem to be different between dimensions. You can float in your astral body but you can't do that here, with your physical body (obviously).

What people actually do there and what they claim they do might very well be two different things in many cases but through my experience what you asked about is entirely possible.

The time it takes to get good at it varies depedning on the individual. I'm not very good at it but I can do it, so if I can I think then almost anyone else should be able to if they really seriously try.

Don't expect things because that usually hampers your ability to succeed with the practice. Pick a technique and stick with it. A mistake I have made is switching between different techniques while practicing and then nothing happens.

It's not so much technique but how conscious you can stay.

nephesh
18-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Weclome Tom, :smile:

With Astral projection it just depends really some people are able to do it quickly (their first try) while others may take months or years. It really takes patience and consistency. I have been practicing AP since July and have yet to experience getting out of my body at least not that I recall. Its said that everyone AP’s but most don’t remember it. I have had experiences however such as feeling mild vibrations, I have felt my astral arms and legs rising up. So I’ve had enough experiences that I keep trying and know I will get there.

I would recommend reading things about Astral projection or out of body experiences. There are quite a few books out there on it. People have to find what works for them. From things I have read by other people all of what (you) listed as being able to do in AP. I know of lady who says she can AP to the otherside/Heaven. In some books I have read it said its possible to AP to the past or future but some don't think that its possible

Try and just go with the flow. I have found my best experiences when I'm kind of on the border of sleep but still conscious.

supernova
18-12-2010, 03:36 AM
When I am in deep meditation I forget my bodily existence and I will be as light as a feather and fly in the sky.

Is this an astral projection when I become unconscious of my bodily existence?

traveler
25-12-2010, 06:40 PM
don't try to hard. relax end just let it flow there are some great techniques here to learn but for me it just happens. like some people are just naturally gifted at channeling and others as healers, we all have at least one gift that is stronger than another. music helps in concentration also maybe draw a picture of a wormhole or stargate and stare at it for like a half hour before you try. i don't need to but i saw it as a recommendation at a site. not thinking of anything is the hardest part for some i believe. but if you can clear your mind the whole experience will be much better

GregoryScott
25-12-2010, 07:14 PM
There’s one thing I do know and I’m not sure if it’s true for everyone who projects is when it does happen; one, I can no longer feel my physical body. And two, I feel a vibration just before I leave my body; but once I’m out the vibration is gone.

Don’t know if this helps…
Greg

Spiritlite
25-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys for sharing your experiences, like I've said before I've never AP'd but I would like to but am taking my time to see how other's do it or what they experience.
Great post and thread.
Spiritlite

Love&Light
25-12-2010, 09:10 PM
There’s one thing I do know and I’m not sure if it’s true for everyone who projects is when it does happen; one, I can no longer feel my physical body. And two, I feel a vibration just before I leave my body; but once I’m out the vibration is gone.

Don’t know if this helps…
Greg

I found this interesting... "I feel a vibration before I leave my body" can you elaborate what you mean..? I mean can you be more specific about the vibration?

I've been trying to project using binaural beats/phantom frequencies, I sometimes experience this strange thing (at random unspecific times) where I can hear a kind of 'white noise' sound in my ears!? Like the FFFFFF of an out of tune fm radio.. this is definately not an external sound! Maybe it's just a side effect of using binaural beats?

Maybe it has something to do with AP?:confused:

GregoryScott
26-12-2010, 03:55 AM
I found this interesting... "I feel a vibration before I leave my body" can you elaborate what you mean..? I mean can you be more specific about the vibration?

I've been trying to project using binaural beats/phantom frequencies, I sometimes experience this strange thing (at random unspecific times) where I can hear a kind of 'white noise' sound in my ears!? Like the FFFFFF of an out of tune fm radio.. this is definately not an external sound! Maybe it's just a side effect of using binaural beats?

Maybe it has something to do with AP?:confused:

I’ll do my best. And I apologize if I drag this out too much, but I want to try and get in every detail I can remember. Once again, this is just my experience and cannot speak for every traveler.

Now first I want to say I started out meditating and feel this has helped me a great deal. When I begin to relax I mentally scan my body from head to toe relaxing every single muscle. I concentrate more on my face then any part of my body. I always notice my jaw and around my eyes are the most tense. I always bring my attention to the center of my forehead and keep it there; but this is just my way, everyone does something different. After I’ve fully relaxed my body I begin to mentally pull myself down into the bed; then I start to feel very heavy. I focus on this for a few minutes. Then I mentally start lifting myself out of my body; while I’m doing this I begin to feel like I’m floating. Now for me, at this point I usually notice a slight humming, which gets stronger and stronger the longer I stay relaxed. Now I believe this is a natural sensation that occurs from being totally relaxed to the point where I can no longer feel my body. But I could be wrong; I haven’t talked to enough people that have gone thought this experience to know for sure. And the reason I say this is I can never feel my body by this point. The vibration is very warm and SO relaxing. For me it is not in one specific area of my body, it seems to be all over. This could be because I never focused on the vibration too much; I just let it happen without analysis. I do know just before I leave me body the vibration gets faster and faster and then there’s a release and then the vibration ends, and everything is calm and I feel light as air.

This is what happens for me. Hope this helps some.
Greg