View Full Version : I believe in degree of truth

hand415
30-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Here is a website address for truth seekers:
http://www.truthcontest.com/
they claim to have (different) ultimate truth;
Actually, I'm into linguistics
And have my own interpretations on "Linguistic determinism"
but as for Western truth, this site seems to be useful.
When people tell me, "That's the way the world works"...
I think, locally, yes. But travel 500 miles and the world works on
a whole different set of principles; partly due to language.
I've seen that there are nine distinctly different schools of Buddhism
in India. Who you get your teachings from matters.
Their just the major schools.
Buddhism differs quite a bit according to the language of
the area. And Tibetan Buddhists daily lives are vastly different
than Japanese Buddhists. I attribute language.

luntrusreality
30-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Truth is a difficult term to use.
It only works in relation to false.
But in the sense that the only thing we can absolutely 100% know there is only one truth, the fact that there is consciousness. Everything else can be questioned.
All other "truths" must be qualified as "relative truths" within this absolute truth.

luntrus

KevinO
30-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Truth is a difficult term to use.
It only works in relation to false.
But in the sense that the only thing we can absolutely 100% know there is only one truth, the fact that there is consciousness. Everything else can be questioned.
All other "truths" must be qualified as "relative truths" within this absolute truth.

luntrus

A possibility: If there is consciousness, which is awareness of perception, then there may exist perception without awareness. In other words, pure perception. This is only important IMO as a building block toward understanding one's history in this place, and therefore, the way out.

luntrusreality
30-12-2014, 10:00 PM
A possibility: If there is consciousness, which is awareness of perception, then there may exist perception without awareness. In other words, pure perception. This is only important IMO as a building block toward understanding one's history in this place, and therefore, the way out.

Awareness doesn't need perception to be aware.

Perception is only perception if it is perceived.
That which perceives is awareness/consciousness.
Perception and perceived object only exist in relation to awareness knowing them.
But that in which both happens is awareness.
I would even rather say there is nothing that is being perceived.
There is only perception. It doesn't prove the reality of what seems to look like objects outside from us.

So we can never know anything else in direct experience.
When we talk about truth it can't be speculation but it has to be direct self-evident experience.

Luntrus

KevinO
30-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Awareness doesn't need perception to be aware.

Perception is only perception if it is perceived.
That which perceives is awareness/consciousness.
Perception and perceived object only exist in relation to awareness knowing them.
But that in which both happens is awareness.
I would even rather say there is nothing that is being perceived.
There is only perception. It doesn't prove the reality of what seems to look like objects outside from us.

So we can never know anything else in direct experience.
When we talk about truth it can't be speculation but it has to be direct self-evident experience.

Luntrus

One is seeing something in order to be aware of it. In this place. If you are referring to outside the rules are different.

Inside, perception+awareness=consciousness.

There is matter and space in this universe, it just covers a potential timeline taking it from what seems to be a very tiny amount of matter relative to the space, to the virtual opposite. One can choose any point in time and space and create a reality out of it. and co-create new realities.

Human understanding can see the engineering of the system, but as it is a system, meaning more than one related particle, it is much easier to understand with the perspective of outside in hand.

luntrusreality
30-12-2014, 10:39 PM
One is seeing something in order to be aware of it. In this place. If you are referring to outside the rules are different.

To be aware OF something you need to see something, sure.

But to be aware of being aware you just are.
Awareness itself is not an object. How does awareness look like?
Is the awareness that is known another awareness with which it is known?
No, because it is the same awareness knowing itself without an object.
This "experience" is not a thought and not a state of mind. So I am not referring outside the rules. But just what everybody can see for themselves.
Awareness without anything to perceive would still be the same awareness.
Just in its natural state of pure Knowing.
"Pure" meaning not in a manifested form like the universe.

The universe doesn't create awareness but the other way around.
Awareness doesn't need the universe because it has no existence outside of it.

Because we are speaking about truth here:
Where do all the concepts of mind, matter, consciousness etc. appear?
With which knowing is any alleged proof known?

This is why there can only be ONE absolute truth.
Inside concepts and beliefs there can be many truths, but they don't have different degrees because they are all "relative truths". Therefore ultimately false like anything other than the fact of awareness.

Luntrus

KevinO
30-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Awareness is a definition of a condition of existence in this place. I do not see how in this universe one is aware without perception because that is what this is, a place to be perceived. One could be aware of oneself as oneself, but in this place, that is at least as a viewer into space, which begins the role of perception as viewer.

Inside here, one is subject to the basic, I AM, which requires perspective of a perception of self which is awareness. Without it, there is nothing and one is outside. Inside, walk in the traffic and one's reality gets shifted. We don't control the whole shebang.

But it all begins with perception. My opinion. You can have the last word, if you want it.

Have fun!

luntrusreality
30-12-2014, 11:59 PM
You can have the last word, if you want it.

I'm good thanks!

...wait :icon_frown:

kkfern
31-12-2014, 01:13 AM
i like the idea of degree of truth. kind of like a percentage. i know people think they have the truth the whole truth and noting but the truth but that is never true. i know that from my own experience.

in a political year, there is a truth meter on some news shows. they will show a candidate and what he said and then the meter will point somewhere in middle between t and l. truth and lie. they go on and explain how the candidate will spin or tell only part of the story to make a point. doing this ot both sides. i like that part of the show.

kk

Eudaimonist
31-12-2014, 08:39 AM
I don't see what language has to do with degrees of truth. Are you suggesting that one language may describe reality more accurately than another?

If all languages are roughly as precise, then there are no significant degrees of truth.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Greenslade
01-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Here is a website address for truth seekers:
http://www.truthcontest.com/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.truthcontest.com%2 F)
they claim to have (different) ultimate truth;
It's been said that all religions were right for that culture at that time so within that culture that is the truth the same as within our reality what we call the truth is truth to us. Standing on the earth the sky is blue, science says that what appears as the sky is a layer of particles and it looks blue because of the light bouncing around, looking at the earth from a space station there is no sky to be blue. Which of those is the truth? From their own perspectives each of them and therefore all of them. If there is such a thing as 'ultimate' then it would be that they are all the truth within their own perspectives. The Truth is one thing, truth expressed is something different.

Shabby
01-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I believe there is only One Truth, but many definitions of that one Truth.

Kerubiel
01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Creation has created every way imaginable, and as such every truth may be found and experienced. The truth can be a choice, or it can be beyond yourself and unknown.. A truth now become inactive later and another truth experienced even contradictory to what was previously law, or truth.. The truth will set you free!