PDA

View Full Version : Just Being

Perhin
16-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Okay, this may seem a bit confusing for a while ago I said in the Paganism forum that I was interested in Pagansim, and now for some reason just 'being' it making sense to me. I have been Pagan before, and Methodist, and Gnostic,and briefly Buddhist. O_O As you can tell, I'm one confused person!

Over the past few months I have been reading a blog that is spiritual in nature, and it has made sense to me. Things have made sense to me on a spiritual sense, but I keep wanting to be Pagan for some reason. Maybe because I used to be Pagan and it feels comfortable. Maybe because I like the 'fun' aspects of it. I don't really know. All I know is that whenever I try to be a part of any religion I get confused and upset and just plain silly/stupid. I think...I need to just be.

I realized that every religion has something good coming from it. I guess that's why I think I need to pick one, but I don't! I just need to be me and love and stuff. I know this is odd, but I just need to get this out to someone. I do think my ego could be getting in the way of things. Does anyone have any advice for me to focus on my higher self and not my ego?

Also, for the past three-four days I have been very conscious. It's like I'm aware that I'm looking out of my eyes, like a soul being aware of everything I guess you could say. Everything is brighter, bigger, just better really. It's amazing. This has happened before, but this is the longest this has happened.

I now feel a bit stupid for posting in the Pagan forum, because now I feel like I have mislead people, when in reality, I just have mislead myself. :(

-Perhin

mac
16-12-2010, 09:14 PM
It's also confusing why you're now posting in the forum with the title you see at the top.....

Animus27
17-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Okay, this may seem a bit confusing for a while ago I said in the Paganism forum that I was interested in Pagansim, and now for some reason just 'being' it making sense to me. I have been Pagan before, and Methodist, and Gnostic,and briefly Buddhist. O_O As you can tell, I'm one confused person!

Over the past few months I have been reading a blog that is spiritual in nature, and it has made sense to me. Things have made sense to me on a spiritual sense, but I keep wanting to be Pagan for some reason. Maybe because I used to be Pagan and it feels comfortable. Maybe because I like the 'fun' aspects of it. I don't really know. All I know is that whenever I try to be a part of any religion I get confused and upset and just plain silly/stupid. I think...I need to just be.

I realized that every religion has something good coming from it. I guess that's why I think I need to pick one, but I don't! I just need to be me and love and stuff. I know this is odd, but I just need to get this out to someone. I do think my ego could be getting in the way of things. Does anyone have any advice for me to focus on my higher self and not my ego?

Also, for the past three-four days I have been very conscious. It's like I'm aware that I'm looking out of my eyes, like a soul being aware of everything I guess you could say. Everything is brighter, bigger, just better really. It's amazing. This has happened before, but this is the longest this has happened.

I now feel a bit stupid for posting in the Pagan forum, because now I feel like I have mislead people, when in reality, I just have mislead myself. :(

-Perhin
You're overcomplicating things, I think. You don't have to subscribe to a ton of rules or learn a ton of things in order to be pagan. There's tons of different types of paganism. There's no reason to think you've misled yourself, you're simply under going seeker syndrome lol. You're looking for something that speaks to your soul and makes you feel at home, but it's not easy - it's confusing. Just give it time, meditate, and read. It's taken me 6 years to find a path I am relatively happy with. Give yourself time to figure what you want.

Don't worry about your ego or higher self for now. Focus on getting to KNOW what you want. Regardless of ego or higher self. It's all you, anyway. :D

And this is a Spiritualism forum, which isn't appropriate for your type of post lol. Perhaps the mods can move it to the paganism or general religion forum?

Perhin
26-12-2010, 12:36 AM
You're overcomplicating things, I think. You don't have to subscribe to a ton of rules or learn a ton of things in order to be pagan. There's tons of different types of paganism. There's no reason to think you've misled yourself, you're simply under going seeker syndrome lol. You're looking for something that speaks to your soul and makes you feel at home, but it's not easy - it's confusing. Just give it time, meditate, and read. It's taken me 6 years to find a path I am relatively happy with. Give yourself time to figure what you want.

Don't worry about your ego or higher self for now. Focus on getting to KNOW what you want. Regardless of ego or higher self. It's all you, anyway. :D

And this is a Spiritualism forum, which isn't appropriate for your type of post lol. Perhaps the mods can move it to the paganism or general religion forum?

Thanks for the advice! ^_^ And I'm sorry about posting this in the wrong forum. ;)

Greenslade
26-12-2010, 09:11 AM

I'll second that. If you don't feel particularly beholden to one religion then don't be. Not one religion covers everything you might have in your mind, so staying with one might leave a hole in your head :-) Take what you need from each if that works for you. Seems to me the only confusing thing is what label you want to stick onto yourself :-)

Perhin
26-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I'll second that. If you don't feel particularly beholden to one religion then don't be. Not one religion covers everything you might have in your mind, so staying with one might leave a hole in your head :-) Take what you need from each if that works for you. Seems to me the only confusing thing is what label you want to stick onto yourself :-)

You're right about all of that. :) I have this 'need' to fit into a place and feel a part of things. I guess it's okay to not fit into a mold, right?