PDA

View Full Version : Sudden realization of anxiety through meditation

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Hello, I'm looking forward for some advice, I know perhaps this is a bit silly.

Meditation, well that's a thing that I haven't done in a while.

Two nights ago I decided to give it a try again, I used a white candle.

When I was relaxed enough I felt a huge anxiety on my intestine chakra (known as solar plexus)

I wasn't aware of such anxiety, due to mortgage and car payments. I just felt such a burden, although I was trying to relax I couldn't manage to calm down.

I know I have to keep working for several years in order to get rid of such responsibility. But in the meantime I'm a bit restless because it's a quest of years.

I thought I was cool about it, but now I know I have this anxiety inside of me, what should I do? :confused5:

lemex
29-12-2014, 04:50 PM

When I was relaxed enough I felt a huge anxiety on my intestine chakra (known as solar plexus)

I wasn't aware of such anxiety, due to mortgage and car payments. I just felt such a burden, although I was trying to relax I couldn't manage to calm down.

I know I have to keep working for several years in order to get rid of such responsibility. But in the meantime I'm a bit restless because it's a quest of years.

I thought I was cool about it, but now I know I have this anxiety inside of me, what should I do? :confused5:

Everyone goes through such things so you're not alone. I relate to what you are feeling as I felt it to. Just some things I found that helped me. Regarding the mortgage for instance, I'd ask if you were paying rent would you feel different. Not much of a difference. It's a perspective to. Now that the thought has surfaced, you have awareness, so there are things you can do to reduce the time of such responsibility, like making extra payments can make it happen, you can manage the mortgage as well. The big one for me was asking for help even when stressed. I for instance took too much pride in being the sole provider. I had a little too much pride. But you'd be surprised how quickly a 30 year mortgage can be paid off with a little planning. 30 years does seem like a lifetime. :smile: Now as strange as it is we all know people who sell their home and move into another even multiple times. The big thing if you haven't done it is consider automatic pay deduction where payments are done automatically so that each month you aren't constantly reminded and the money is not missed. There are practical things one can do.

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Here's what I would do based on my current practice of meditation. I treat meditation as a way to tame the mind. I do that by focusing the minds attention on one thing...in my case counting each in and out breath. When I wander away from that, I acknowledge it and go back to counting.
Over time my hope is to grow into the many other beauties of meditation.
Peace

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Everyone goes through such things so you're not alone. I relate to what you are feeling as I felt it to. Just some things I found that helped me. Regarding the mortgage for instance, I'd ask if you were paying rent would you feel different. Not much of a difference. It's a perspective to. Now that the thought has surfaced, you have awareness, so there are things you can do to reduce the time of such responsibility, like making extra payments can make it happen, you can manage the mortgage as well. The big one for me was asking for help even when stressed. I for instance took too much pride in being the sole provider. I had a little too much pride. But you'd be surprised how quickly a 30 year mortgage can be paid off with a little planning. 30 years does seem like a lifetime. :smile: Now as strange as it is we all know people who sell their home and move into another even multiple times. The big thing if you haven't done it is consider automatic pay deduction where payments are done automatically so that each month you aren't constantly reminded and the money is not missed. There are practical things one can do.

Certainly Lemex 30 years sounds like a lifetime, I'm 29 by the way lol

I will follow your advice and make extra payments.

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Here's what I would do based on my current practice of meditation. I treat meditation as a way to tame the mind. I do that by focusing the minds attention on one thing...in my case counting each in and out breath. When I wander away from that, I acknowledge it and go back to counting.
Over time my hope is to grow into the many other beauties of meditation.
Peace

Hi Cap :bom:

ok, any thought is a distraction, I'll try focus in happiness, but what about that feeling in the stomach? It felt like an empty hole and kinda butterflies at the same time :confused:

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Hi Cap :bom:

ok, any thought is a distraction, I'll try focus in happiness, but what about that feeling in the stomach? It felt like an empty hole and kinda butterflies at the same time :confused:
I'm sure whatever it is that it is best worked out to prevent blocking the flow of energy in you. You could work it out as a side meditation.

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Thought is not a distraction. Thought is a beautiful thing. Meditation is about taming the mind. Somewhere along the way it got personal and we have lost the beauty of a tamed disciplined mind. Observe the mind, use the mind but don't become it. That's how I see it anyway.
Peace

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh brother do I remember anxiety! :icon_eek:
Waking in the morning when we are most vulnerable the thoughts
would begin ...car, mortgage, health ins, pets needing the vet,
whatever...all doubts, worry, anxiety, indecision, jealousy are just different forms of fear.
I say 'just' and I mean it.

It is a trick of the mind, the lower ego self, Christians call the devil.
It has no power....in the New Testament it is said to be a roaring lion with no teeth, even!!

I would recognize the trick immediately, physically raise my finger, smile and say, "Oh, no you don't! I know
where this leads...nowhere, except a useless pit of depression, HA!"
And then get up smiling and brush my teeth...

So 2 things were accomplished...I realized my power...
And the mind became bored with bothering me with such nonsense!

Do not think for one minute you can not banish these thoughts that turn into unwanted emotion.

One way to become strong in this is to truly believe...but, I mean in the core of your subconscious mind...
that you a always taken care of, you
are unimaginably loved by your Creator, Father, God....and that
any lack of provision is simply you, yourself, blocking the hurricane
of gifts waiting for you to open the door to them!

Anyway, this worked for me and soon someone simply gave me $100,000 to pay off that mortgage....allowing
me to have no problem
then, in this economy, to pay for anything else!

Trust, reliance, complete faith in your Provider is what I did and it worked....works.

Then, you are freed up to go very deep into meditation where you
can be feel the Divine Love so totally.
:hug3:

Ivy
29-12-2014, 05:38 PM

If a friend came to you and said 'I'm feeling stressed about money, about constantly keeping up mortgage repayments, car payments etc', what would you say to them?

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 05:44 PM
whatever...all doubts, worry, anxiety, indecision, jealousy are just different forms of fear.

It has no power....in the New Testament it is said to be a roaring lion with no teeth, even!!

I would recognize the trick immediately, physically raise my finger, smile and say, "Oh, no you don't! I know

Do not think for one minute you can not banish these thoughts that turn into unwanted emotion.

One way to become strong in this is to truly believe...but, I mean in the core of your subconscious mind...

Anyway, this worked for me and soon someone simply gave me $100,000 to pay off that mortgage....allowing
me to have no problem

Trust, reliance, complete faith in your Provider is what I did and it worked....works.

Like........

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2014, 05:44 PM
"Taming the mind"....do you need to tame the mind when you are holding a puppy licking your face?
Do you need to tame the mind when you are engrossed
with a fun art project? Watching a movie? Holding your new baby?
Throwing a ball for your dog?

No. Why? Because you are doing something you love.
Your mind is focused on something enjoyable.

In your preparation to meditate...may I suggest doing a ritual of some kind...
very much like changing the sheets and lighting a scented candle
when your special someone is visiting.

There are wonderful things inside to be revealed and felt...
be scrumptiously excited to sit in meditation...see the difference.
Be anxious for the time spent in peacefulness...see the difference.
Put a smile on your face as you settle in...
Lemme know how it goes! :smile:

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 05:52 PM

me to have no problem

Hi Miss Hepburn :hug2:

This is lovely, I will read it, and read it again and over again, I hope I can remember it and practice this when my silly thoughts begins.

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 05:56 PM
If a friend came to you and said 'I'm feeling stressed about money, about constantly keeping up mortgage repayments, car payments etc', what would you say to them?

Well currently :dontknow: I think, I would say to my friend, -I know the feeling, let's get a beer :occasion14:

I know it would be a bit immature, but a little fun could remediate the anxiety, what do you think Ivy?

Is it possible to meditate somehow while drinking and having a good moment?

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 05:56 PM
"Taming the mind"....do you need to tame the mind when you are holding a puppy licking your face?
Do you need to tame the mind when you are engrossed
with a fun art project? Watching a movie? Holding your new baby?
Throwing a ball for your dog?

No. Why? Because you are doing something you love.
Your mind is focused on something enjoyable.

In your preparation to meditate...may I suggest doing a ritual of some kind...
very much like changing the sheets and lighting a scented candle
when your special someone is visiting.

There are wonderful things inside to be revealed and felt...
be scrumptiously excited to sit in meditation...see the difference.
Be anxious for the time spent in peacefulness...see the difference.
Put a smile on your face as you settle in...
Lemme know how it goes! :smile:
You are absolutely correct here. It's just that in the beginning, in order to sit still, I have found that I must first learn to tame my mind by focusing it on one thing. Nice post...

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Thought is not a distraction. Thought is a beautiful thing. Meditation is about taming the mind. Somewhere along the way it got personal and we have lost the beauty of a tamed disciplined mind. Observe the mind, use the mind but don't become it. That's how I see it anyway.
Peace

Thanks Cap, I will practice this meditation, I want to have a discipline mind, but also I will add what Miss Hepburn said, about loving and enjoying the moment.

With both ingredients and patience I hope to reach that peace :)

lemex
29-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Certainly Lemex 30 years sounds like a lifetime, I'm 29 by the way lol

I will follow your advice and make extra payments.

If you do this, make sure it all goes against principal and none to interest. Research it. See if it works for you. Would imagine there are some seminars and classes around to.

Ivy
29-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Well currently :dontknow: I think, I would say to my friend, -I know the feeling, let's get a beer :occasion14:

I know it would be a bit immature, but a little fun could remediate the anxiety, what do you think Ivy?

Is it possible to meditate somehow while drinking and having a good moment?

Lol, mines a cool glass of pinot, cheers :D

though I'm not sure is the best way to see a 30 year mortgage out :tongue: At some point, you may need to give your friend a hug, and tell them it's ok or that you will be there to find the bridges needed when the waters are high. A bit of self- love, compassion and reassurance and :coffee: lol

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Lol, mines a cool glass of pinot, cheers :D

though I'm not sure is the best way to see a 30 year mortgage out :tongue: At some point, you may need to give your friend a hug, and tell them it's ok or that you will be there to find the bridges needed when the waters are high. A bit of self- love, compassion and reassurance and :coffee: lol

Cheers ! Pinot Noir? It's one of my favorites wine (grape).

I forgot that sometimes we need other people to give us comfort and compassion as well.

The power of a hug would cast away any anxiety :hug:

And :coffee: could help beautifully.

luntrusreality
29-12-2014, 07:42 PM

No emotion can just disappear without being fully "felt" and confronted.
Let the anxiety bubble up, see where it goes.
Sit or walk with it, you don't even need a formal meditation but it is probably easiest because surpressed emotions tend to come up during times of "non distraction" like meditation or before falling asleep.

There is no quick fix to "flush out" contractions, anxiety etc.
It is a process and each time you fully feel and acceppt whatever you are feeling right now it will get less and you will become more and more empty (in a positive meaning of the word that allows your inherent peace to shine through).

Luntrus

Lucyan28
29-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Sit or walk with it, you don't even need a formal meditation but it is probably easiest because surpressed emotions tend to come up during times of "non distraction" like meditation or before falling asleep.

It is a process and each time you fully feel and acceppt whatever you are feeling right now it will get less and you will become more and more empty (in a positive meaning of the word that allows your inherent peace to shine through).

Luntrus

Thanks Luntrus. I'm so looking forward for that emptiness ! :homework:

I suppose it's like a tsunami, I just have to embrace the water and after that wait for the water to go away.

luntrusreality
29-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks Luntrus. I'm so looking forward for that emptiness ! :homework:

I suppose it's like a tsunami, I just have to embrace the water and after that wait for the water to go away.

This is a good metaphor , exactly !

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Luntrus
Hahah...memories...40 years ago, a new meditater... I would keep re- playing cutting myself with a dull French knife, I was a cook.
So I said, Ok I have had it!

So next time I relived it..I took it all the way...I chopped off my fingers, my hand , my arm and myself in little itty bitty pieces until
all the pieces just went out into the Universe.
THERE! Never bothered me again!
:D
I'm one of those....'take the bull by the horns' type of person!

Miss Hepburn
29-12-2014, 08:38 PM
You are absolutely correct here. It's just that in the beginning, in order to sit still,
I have found that I must first learn to tame my mind by focusing
it on one thing..Yes, indeed!
And hopefully that thing is powerful enough to capture your attention
and entice it into staying put!
Say, as powerful as an exotic flower?
A sweet little puppy? Laying down with your special someone cuddling?
How about a warm feeling of love growing in your chest as you
sensually listen to every intake of your breath as if you
were sitting in the moonlight at the ocean...listening to the waves...and the sounds
of laughter and palms....and tinkling of glasses and music from the Tiki Bar...
oh sorry....lol...I got lost there...belly laughing now!!!:D

I'll leave this and press reply anyway! Haha.
Point is...calming thoughts can be very easy....believe that ...and they will be from this day on. :smile:

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 09:09 PM
I find still waters in the pauses between in and out breaths

BlueSky
29-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Yes, indeed!
And hopefully that thing is powerful enough to capture your attention
and entice it into staying put!
Say, as powerful as an exotic flower?
A sweet little puppy? Laying down with your special someone cuddling?
How about a warm feeling of love growing in your chest as you
sensually listen to every intake of your breath as if you
were sitting in the moonlight at the ocean...listening to the waves...and the sounds
of laughter and palms....and tinkling of glasses and music from the Tiki Bar...
oh sorry....lol...I got lost there...belly laughing now!!!:D

I'll leave this and press reply anyway! Haha.
Point is...calming thoughts can be very easy....believe that ...and they will be from this day on. :smile:
Very uplifting reply. I got lost with you lol

silent whisper
29-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Luntrus

True healing and awakening!

What you resist persists...the mind body spirit is a holistic integration as one..all come into that picture.

Lucyan28
30-12-2014, 09:49 PM
True healing and awakening!

What you resist persists...the mind body spirit is a holistic integration as one..all come into that picture.

Hello SW how are you? It's almost 2015 :hug3:

I was wondering if my spirit was anxious and unsteady as my mind body? Or if it was just an illusion created in my brain? But if they are integrated then my spirit is malfunctioning? lol

Is it not supposed that the spirit or higher being is almighty and super aware and wise? Well perhaps mine is broken :icon_eek: I will need a spiritual mechanic then :D

luntrusreality
30-12-2014, 09:56 PM

I was wondering if my spirit was anxious and unsteady as my mind body? Or if it was just an illusion created in my brain? But if they are integrated then my spirit is malfunctioning? lol

Is it not supposed that the spirit or higher being is almighty and super aware and wise? Well perhaps mine is broken :icon_eek: I will need a spiritual mechanic then :D

Only because you think the almighty and super aware spirit is YOURS to have :tongue:
It IS you and it can definetly not be broken

silent whisper
30-12-2014, 10:08 PM

I view my wholeness through each one integrated as one *CONNECTION* Did I say your spirit was malfunctioning? Did I elude to this in you to find humour in? Or are you being seriously funny...:wink:

Are you wise enough to listen to it for your whole self?
If you body is falling apart and your eating **** and you sitting back being a couch potatoe, yet you tell me this exact thing, how wise are you now?

Get real!:wink:
Happy new YEAR to you Lucy..:)