PDA

View Full Version : Meditation before or after exercise?

gravitysrainbow
23-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Just wondering who does what first! I've been meditating before I go running. I've found that focused breathing has been helping build up my lung capacity when running.

wstein
24-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Just wondering who does what first! I've been meditating before I go running. I've found that focused breathing has been helping build up my lung capacity when running. There is an existing thread on this topic:
"Which is better...meditating before or after working out?"
www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67882

Gem
24-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Just wondering who does what first! I've been meditating before I go running. I've found that focused breathing has been helping build up my lung capacity when running.

Hey, it works for you.

Maybe, before and after?

MIND POWER
24-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Used to do it before and after during Karate, the sensei made us do this. Meditation is pretty ingrained in martial arts culture.

These days just before bed, i have a fiddle.

hovhannes
16-04-2017, 10:46 PM

Have you tried the opposite (exercise then meditation)? how has it felt different? If you are just starting out in your meditation practice, it might help to move physically, and allow the body to loosen up and expend any excess energy, which can help with being still and turning your focus inward.

dianabrown
08-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Wake up early in the morning, enjoy the morning breeze along with meditation. It will relax your mind completely then go for the jogging, walk or any exercise to warm up your body to start an active day. This will keep mind and body healthy and fresh whole day.

Ariaecheflame
02-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I swim... most days...

I do a quick... 'presence' meditation first thing when I wake up... and then my routine goes crazy for a couple of hours... undoing all my good intentions lol

And then I go for a swim
It is relaxing, and naturally causes me to centre and notice my breaths
It's pretty much moving meditation... I feel very connected to everything and present while swimming.

Sometimes I just splash about and pretend I am a dolphin or mermaid though lol.

It's my mermaid meditation.

Lorelyen
11-10-2017, 01:42 PM
I'll offer Pilates for exercise but to lose weight reasonably quickly it's diet. I'm no fan of diets (because they're "temporary behaviour" and there's always a temptation to go back to bad stuff when they're over! and put the weight back on) so one solution is to cut down the portion sizes maybe by 1/4 at first then 1/3 after a couple of weeks - and try not to eat between meals.

ANY reduction in the weight off one's feet and knees is good.

Good luck.

Khalli
17-10-2017, 10:04 PM
I meditate during exercise especially when doing weightlifting and swimming.

AmberLarson
17-11-2017, 02:18 PM
I meditate after exercises. Then my muscles calm down and are so relaxed

Bhavani
07-12-2017, 05:21 AM
Whatever works for you, is the best option.
If some days you want to meditate after to see what it is like, then do it.
But if you feel like keeping it the same, then do that.

Altair
07-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Meditation is always good:D

Before, so you have relaxed breathing and feel focussed, but afterwards as well to become restful again after all the excitement.

naturewalker24
08-04-2018, 04:09 PM
dosnt matter. prayer works too. try and connect to your
"higher self". honesty of heart, and acceptance of yourself and others.

inavalan
08-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Meditation after exercise should be better. Relaxation after increased activity is propice for attaining altered states of consciousness.

kellyshane
18-06-2018, 01:52 PM
I do meditation in the morning.

jdenina
21-05-2019, 10:26 AM
I prefer before. I also like to do some light yoga before weight lifting to warm up

Catsoup
21-07-2019, 08:10 AM
I meditate few hours after physical exercise. :3

vividdreamer
29-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I've always done it first thing in the morning. It helps clear my mind. Also, I find after the workout I'm took worked up to really meditate.

BigJohn
03-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Meditate just before doing each set.

SAT_7373
01-10-2019, 01:02 PM
meditate after exercise is better

pakinam
01-10-2019, 03:38 PM
i think it's better after exercising