PDA

View Full Version : Correlating Numerology & Nordic Runes

VikingWarriorOnWheels
17-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I am of Norwegian heritage and decided to get a tattoo to commemorate my love of Scandi history and culture. After researching nordic symbology and runes, I decided to have a total of 8 runes (4 each) tattooed on my forearms. Each rune on my body represents an experience or trait that holds personal meaning and resonate with me.

They include, in order...
Left arm:
Uruz (strength): Having been born with a form of Muscular Dystrophy, my physical lack of strength is something I've had to overcome.
Kenaz (fire, creativity): I am an artist and work as a Graphic Designer. Fire is also associated with my Sagittarius birth sign.
Gebo (balance, relationships): Having a physical disability without much mobility, I heavily rely on partnerships and cooperation. More specifically, it represents the bond between my life partner and I: we balance eachother.
Wunjo (joy): I'm known for my optimism :)

Right arm:
Eihwaz (defense): I interpret this as resiliency. Despite my early, bleak diagnosis, I not only survived, but went away to college, earned a BA in Multimedia Digital Art, have a career doing what I love, found my life mate and just purchased a home in the country :)
Algiz (protection): In attempts to ward off any bad juju.
Sowilo (sun, life force): I have always been drawn the sun. Winters in Wisconsin can be rough on me, so it's comforting to have it with me always... Even when it's cold and dreary.
Mannaz (Mankind): To me, this symbol represents my relationships with others. Like I stated above, my survival depends on the assistance of others. My situation has allowed for an increased knowledge of cooperation, while also the ability to get along with a wide range of personalities.

Although these tattoos were originally intended to illustrate highlights of my journey while also commemorating my beloved heritage, they seem to have become the catalyst for a spiritual awakening of sorts.

Though I'm not entirely sure how it all started, within weeks of getting these symbols permanently added to my body, I began a daily meditation routine and started researching anything having to do with "spirit science."

I have recently discovered numerology and find it both accurate and fascinating.

My Life Path is 8 -- I chose 8 runes... Is this meaningful?
My Expression is 1
My Soul Urge is 11
Birthday is 10
Personality 8

I'd love to see if anyone who is familiar with numerology and rune meanings could interpret and/or find any connection between the two that goes beyond my # of runes and life path matching. I have been feeling as if I'm on cusp of a breakthrough of sorts and would appreciate any insight :)

Thank you in advance!

Aquahorse
27-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Runes are what started my journey, that and an incredible dream. You made me pull them back out and look through them again.

This journey was a purging of toxins instilled by dysfunctional mean, dirty minded people. I requested status on where I was & how I was progressing, I was shown Wholeness. I won my soul back! So this was a great reminder of the first gifts of the spirits. I was also given a vision of myself in another life along with a holy spirit that has joined me in this plain of life.

I also agree that Numerology is the most accurate info of a personality I have ever encountered so far. Life path 6
Intuitive Plane 8
Personality 7
Soul Urge 11

Oh, what a journey, thanks for the reminder this was so long ago and it is so far from now.

Thanks,

Aquahorse

VikingWarriorOnWheels
15-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Aqua, I am very pleased to hear that my post prompted such a wonderful reminder of your progress since the start of your journey :) I too have felt like a weight has been lifted since distancing myself from negative people and influences.