PDA

View Full Version : If I could change just one thing....

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2014, 02:35 PM
It would be this...That everyone were to understand the power of thought.

...Even one word, even one thought of despair, hopelessness, difficulty.

...That what these things do is keep the lie alive.

All the false programing...things we were taught...

Once one man ran a mile in less time than any other human...so
many others did and even beat him. Fact.... The ceiling, the
false limitation, was lifted.

When we have even one limiting thought or belief...
we remain 'there'... stuck...and cement that belief as the 'truth,
or reality'....
and then, even continue speaking it to others.

Even Jesus tried to tell us, "...as you believe...''

This would be the one simple thing I would love for everyone to ''get'.
and it is such a simple thing...
re-train your thought patterns to ...'I can"..."Everything is possible"...ie,
that I could stand on my head at whatever age...that I could ask
a bird to sit on my finger...that I could
have all my debt erased...that I could, by the Grace of God, heal this cancer or wart.
...That nothing has any size to the Creator, God, Higher Self, Source.
Whether a button or a castle as Abraham-Hicks says...haha.

Well, hope this is heard by someone and they take it and run with this idea.

Royalite
17-12-2014, 02:42 PM
i read "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz so this resonated with me on learning how to rid ourselves of the lies we've been conditioned to believe about ourselves and the world throughout our lives.

If I could change just one thing about my own life, it would be to come off of forums indefinitely. I tend to stick around more out of habit than joy or learning.

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I read "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz so this resonated with me on learning
how to rid ourselves of the lies we've been conditioned to believe about ourselves
and the world throughout our lives.

If I could change just one thing about my own life, it would be to come off of forums indefinitely.
I tend to stick around more out of habit than joy or learning. Ha, a friend told me from the Seth readings that addiction is one way
the ego tries to lure us away from what we really want .

Royalite
17-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Ha, a friend told me from the Seth readings that addiction is one way
the ego tries to lure us away from what we really want .

I can certainly see that.

It's not like I expect some big change anymore from breaking from forum use. But my heart has left it. I'm not excited to sign on to the computer anymore. lol And I would ask for tips on how to break the agreement I made with internet use, but that would require me to keep signing on to check the responses. lol

tainamom
17-12-2014, 03:27 PM
although i agree with not following negative thoughts, there comes a time where one must trust that there's a higher purpose in life and that all the suffering will end - maybe not in this lifetime, but either in another or on the other side.

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2014, 03:32 PM
although i agree with not following negative thoughts, there comes a time where one
must trust that there's a higher purpose in life and that all the suffering will end - maybe not in this lifetime,
but either in another or on the other side. That sounds very wise, hopeful and positive to ME...:smile:

:hug3:

Should I have started a Your Space for a thread like this?
Musings and stuff? I dunno...or even Lounge?

tainamom
17-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Dunno. I only responded because I used to want to save the world. Now I realize I really can't, but there is a way. If we open our hearts and share the love with others, we become an instrument for the Creator and the Creator will do his Will through us as long as we surrender. Hmm. Maybe it's the one thing *I* want to change - Me.

Molearner
17-12-2014, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=Miss Hepburn]It would be this...That everyone were to understand the power of thought.

Miss Hepburn,

This, in itself, is a leading thought. On a different thread I mentioned that thought is the author of creation. Perhaps something that could be just as helpful as these forums or even better would be to cultivate a discipline of reading biographies of successful or accomplished people. Each story of success, fame, infamy, accomplishment is, in fact, a demonstration of the power of thought. It is truly mind over matter.

As for the addiction to these forums, I think it is an addiction to the potential of the forums. It is seldom realized. It is not often that threads are adequately developed thus there is little chance for a progression of thought to develop. Of course it is evident that some regard the potential as being that which will affirm what they already hold to be true. If this need is not met they rapidly abandon the thread and are not exposed to any possible progression of thought and are denied the challenge that they actually need.

Furthermore there is a lack of consistency of thought. On the thread about the ego there was significant agreement that there is no such thing as the ego or the soul. As you well know every known spiritual system has this recognition of ego at the core of its understanding. Even your words that I quoted(false programming) implicitly imply the existence of what we term the "ego". I am not one to keep records but I am willing to wager that at some time those who deny the existence of the ego and/or soul will return at some point in time to discuss them as genuine concepts.

silent whisper
17-12-2014, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Miss Hepburn]It would be this...That everyone were to understand the power of thought.

Miss Hepburn,

This, in itself, is a leading thought. On a different thread I mentioned that thought is the author of creation. Perhaps something that could be just as helpful as these forums or even better would be to cultivate a discipline of reading biographies of successful or accomplished people. Each story of success, fame, infamy, accomplishment is, in fact, a demonstration of the power of thought. It is truly mind over matter.

As for the addiction to these forums, I think it is an addiction to the potential of the forums. It is seldom realized. It is not often that threads are adequately developed thus there is little chance for a progression of thought to develop. Of course it is evident that some regard the potential as being that which will affirm what they already hold to be true. If this need is not met they rapidly abandon the thread and are not exposed to any possible progression of thought and are denied the challenge that they actually need.

Furthermore there is a lack of consistency of thought. On the thread about the ego there was significant agreement that there is no such thing as the ego or the soul. As you well know every known spiritual system has this recognition of ego at the core of its understanding. Even your words that I quoted(false programming) implicitly imply the existence of what we term the "ego". I am not one to keep records but I am willing to wager that at some time those who deny the existence of the ego and/or soul will return at some point in time to discuss them as genuine concepts.

If you look at life through a lens of experience and that everything exists for the purpose of ones own creation and process, which in turn leads itself to further process and creation, why is their a need to prove one thing or concept. To each is born a life and connections that will influence the path and process until it changes. It all exists as it is, where you choose to focus is just where you are looking in your own creation. Miss Hepburn shows one concept of one aspect of reality in her words of showing how she believes it can be. Its her focus. Its not the whole, it doesn't take away from the whole that exists one with her view, but simply shows one aspect, one belief, and a focus of belief.

Thinking things and sharing thoughts has many ways of presenting that thought. When I read Miss Hepburns thoughts about this topic, my thoughts in self reflection, is that I immediately wanted to say to her, why are you still at this level of sharing? Then upon further self reflection, I let that go and realized in me that perhaps it is her main focus of connection to source, her story that she uses to illustrate how she has found connection and freedom in a major way. Then as I reflected further, I was thinking again to myself....why is she so focused on this one aspect? Then I realized maybe she was so influenced by major changes in herself in this one aspect that she has grabbed and it and ran with it forever and a day and continues to show others over and over this same thing. Then I thought to myself here I am in creation of another's story in my reflections, guessing things and not really knowing anything much at all other than, creating thoughts about what might be her thoughts that I hardly know and missing the *Real* point of the sharing..... So no matter what is shared, how it is shared, what it might be proving, what is denied, what is embraced. It is what it is and creation can flow with it in knowing and understanding in reflection and share you own story, or you can continue to pull it apart and not sure much of you at all, which is not really your own creation, but messing with the creation of another..
:wink:

So here is mine.

What she presents is true in reflection of my journey. I know how I felt when I found this aspect of changing the way I thought about myself and life and struggles. Turning myself completely around in the awareness of programmed ideas about myself. It was a crucial link to a deepening of connection to not only myself but to the nature of all life one with those changes.

When I connected to this point on my journey, it was the beginnings of my awareness into my mind and what was housed in my subconscious. As I began to open to my feelings that I felt, my mind opened up ideas about those feelings, I was then able to see a match of conditioned idea and feeling in me as one. When I was able to see that thought arise connected to those feelings, I began a journey of changing the way I thought, opened to let those feelings go, and then implant a new thought which was crucial to building a new foundation and a new feeling. This in many ways over many years was emptying out my mind, letting go of feelings that were housed one with those thoughts in me. In the turnaround, by implanting new thoughts, I realized that most of those new thoughts were to build in me what was never shown to me as child. A belief in MYSELF, created by me that I was a worthy contender in this world to live my life. Those turnaround thoughts of self worth and character building, opened me to deepen into the essence of who I am today. Not just in knowing, but in feeling and believing in myself. Now in that compelte turnaround, I feel grounded in that state, not just in knowing but in feeling and believing in myself.

I feel supported, I feel loved, I feel connected, I feel alive.

All those years ago when that turnaround of thought, letting go of feelings that no longer assisted me to grow and deepen connection, were pivotal in the greater journey from there on in.

So dive in as Miss H says, run with this if you will, it really does work if you listen to yourself and what your mind is saying to you, what you feel in that thought and what is sticking and holding you back...:angel5: :angel5: :angel5:

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Silent Whisper...I'm right here in the room.

silent whisper
17-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Silent Whisper...I'm right here in the room.

What! You think I cant see you?

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2014, 09:48 PM
What! You think I cant see you?
Cute. :smile:

silent whisper
17-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Cute. :smile:

Cute is my middle name..:wink:

Miss Hepburn
18-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Cute is my middle name..:wink:
I remember, Pisces right? Uh-huh.

silent whisper
18-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I remember, Pisces right? Uh-huh.

WE are the fishes in the big blue sea
You and me if I remember right?

Greenslade
18-12-2014, 10:01 AM
If I could change one thing it would be that everyone had true empathy, that they could truly immerse themselves in the experiences and consciousness of others. More of a "Do unto others because you're doing it unto yourself."

Lucyan28
18-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Hello Miss H,

I wouldn't change anything of this world, this reality is beautiful just as it is.

I know, we have war, we have diseases, we have sorrow, we have doubt, we have fear, all those things are part of the greater plan. I admire what the human heart is capable of, when it fights all those "bad" things.

If I could change something, it would be going to another dimension on my next incarnation, where the dragons, phoenixes, magicians, elves, exist.

Peace and cookies !

Miss Hepburn
18-12-2014, 05:12 PM
If I could change one thing it would be that everyone had true empathy, that they could truly
immerse themselves in the experiences and consciousness of others.
More of a "Do unto others because you're doing it unto yourself."
I love this....:hug2:
And shares the same hopeful and helpful wish for everyone
intended in the original idea of the thread.

Mr Interesting
18-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Yes I entirely agree Miss Hepburn... and here's the but, at least the but for me anyways is that it might be a good idea to spend a whole bunch of time quieting the mind to realise a point from which to be positive.

And that's what I'm feeling at the moment after seeing a whole bunch of stuff out there and encountering a whole bunch of people.

So a parable would be that's it one thing to know how to build a house but it's another to have all the right tools and yet another to know where to put the house. Building the house is then positive thinking. The tools are various meditative practises to quiet the mind and where to put the house, this is still being considered, is somewhat about realising where one is and what is actually available.

That kinda covers it. It's like I see all these people out there ready to embrace the power of thinking for the benefit of themselves and those around them but they just don't seem to be grounded enough within their desires to realise that they'll be climbing a bunch of mountains that don't actually need climbing.

But at the same time, on a level of what's going to help the world the most with the least amount of effort, to get the bulk of the people aimed in the right direction, is exactly what you are espousing... I entirely agree with that.

I've therefore surmised that while the spiritual realm has taken this avenue as the path of least resistance that our path of least resistance, as soldiers on the ground, is to yes; support this undertaking but also, and maybe more importantly, to provide the tools to actually build the house after due regard that the location is right.

Greenslade
19-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I love this....:hug2:
And shares the same hopeful and helpful wish for everyone
intended in the original idea of the thread.
Thank you. Just be careful what you're allowing yourself to be caught up in, the season of goodwill to all men seems to be having its effect on you. :wink: Row your boat gently but watch out for the rapids.

If we could actually empathise with people on that level, how different would the Universe be? If we could expand our consciousness into that space, that no-man's-land between us? It may be wishful thinking but isn't wishful thinking the stuff that powers a different reality, one that we could realise?

Mr Interesting
19-12-2014, 07:17 PM
After writing my previous post yesterday I got out the ol' standard I go back to occasionally, which is the Trinity, and applied it to the ideas above.

Basically the father represents source, the son our life on earth and the holy ghost the transmission client and in that respect thought as the holy ghost.

Recently I've been a little concerned, and received some flak for it, for looking underneath various depictions of the ideas around being compassionate for ourselves.

A Ted video was a good looking woman on a stage, with a PHD in psychology, telling people that looks didn't matter and neither did needing to achieve or being successful to be kind to ourselves yet she had done all of these things.

In that then there is both the telling and the feeling and whilst the telling is one thing is the feeling 'telling' the same thing?

This all made me wonder about the foundational aspects of hearing and receiving information around ideas of the hearing actually reaching as far down into people psyches as it is possible for it to go.

And I know it's all covered in the messages from source, or as much as it can be given our earthiness and therein lies the focus of my pondering.

The earthiness, our territory, our responsibility to make both source and the transmission both as viable as possible.

So in this respect lets go back to this woman who starts off her speech, but reconfigured to set a foundation 'You are all out there in the audience in comfortable seats with laptops and tablets and the lighting is soft and this tells us in no uncertain terms that our kindness to ourselves is based in comforts; that once we have achieved these comforts we can allow kindness, an openness.'

And the same is somewhat true of thoughts in that once we have achieved this balance within ourselves we can make our thoughts more efficient.

To me then this foundation bears consideration.

silent whisper
19-12-2014, 09:53 PM
After writing my previous post yesterday I got out the ol' standard I go back to occasionally, which is the Trinity, and applied it to the ideas above.

Basically the father represents source, the son our life on earth and the holy ghost the transmission client and in that respect thought as the holy ghost.

Recently I've been a little concerned, and received some flak for it, for looking underneath various depictions of the ideas around being compassionate for ourselves.

A Ted video was a good looking woman on a stage, with a PHD in psychology, telling people that looks didn't matter and neither did needing to achieve or being successful to be kind to ourselves yet she had done all of these things.

In that then there is both the telling and the feeling and whilst the telling is one thing is the feeling 'telling' the same thing?

This all made me wonder about the foundational aspects of hearing and receiving information around ideas of the hearing actually reaching as far down into people psyches as it is possible for it to go.

And I know it's all covered in the messages from source, or as much as it can be given our earthiness and therein lies the focus of my pondering.

The earthiness, our territory, our responsibility to make both source and the transmission both as viable as possible.

So in this respect lets go back to this woman who starts off her speech, but reconfigured to set a foundation 'You are all out there in the audience in comfortable seats with laptops and tablets and the lighting is soft and this tells us in no uncertain terms that our kindness to ourselves is based in comforts; that once we have achieved these comforts we can allow kindness, an openness.'

And the same is somewhat true of thoughts in that once we have achieved this balance within ourselves we can make our thoughts more efficient.

To me then this foundation bears consideration.

Its one thing to share with self based on comforts its another to share in kindness with others in that openness and bring comfort to others....If you note that when tragedy strikes close to home, even indirectly people have an *outpouring* which often is opening the heart even wider, that tragedy/experience expanding the nature of your own source of kindness and giving in comfort to others, it seems much more pertinent in the greater inclusiveness and sharing aspect of spiritual kindness in the whole..

When thoughts are balanced in kindness, they don't think so much but act where they can to share and extend themselves in that kindness.

The sign of the cross we used to make in my early Christian days, often went father (at the crown) son (at the heart) holy ghost (for some reason got two shoulders) I always wondered where mother was in that reflection. It took me a long time to work that one out.. ..:wink:

krishna
21-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Loved you e-mail----------thought.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

Miss Hepburn
21-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Ok, if I could change a second thing...
that people would even 'experiment' for a short time with having faith.
So that they could see it is a power in the spirit level
as gravity is in the physical level.
Impartial...and guaranteed.
:smile:

MIND POWER
22-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Before it was logic it was science fiction.

Most people on this planet operate from logic and science fact. This is a limiting way to walk around in life. You point out the breaking of the 4 minute track mile, it was broken in 1954 by Roger Bannister and as soon as he broke it! many more athletes in a very short amount of time broke the 4 minute mile. Years before scientists and experts stated that it was near impossible, narrowing people's perceptions. But the athletes are people who don't really at times operate from the common laws of logic, and all the greatest athletes seem to have bigger perceptions of things. They basically have less limiting beliefs and are not afraid to question. In sports such and track and field athletics, swimming, cycling this way of living is a daily experience. Because the objective is to always push yourself, in sports psychology they have been using affirmations/incantations and visualisations long before the general public decided to jump on board.

It's up to you whether you want to be a slave to logic and the majority.

Most really ambitious people, will at one time in their life be look upon as delusion or crazy. Because they are operating outside of the dominant perceptions, wasn't a man killed for proclaiming the earth was not flat..? Also in University i see this sheep like control and narrowing of perception all the time, i will just have to bare it for another year.

http://www.quopic.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-jordon-quotes-michael-jordan-quotes-on-tumblr-44314.jpg

Miss Hepburn
23-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks for that post, Mind Power. :thumbsup:

lemex
23-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Ok, if I could change a second thing...
that people would even 'experiment' for a short time with having faith.
So that they could see it is a power in the spirit level
as gravity is in the physical level.
Impartial...and guaranteed.
:smile:

Nooooooooooo, fixes not allowed. :wink:

Miss Hepburn
23-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Nooooooooooo, fixes not allowed. :wink:
How about re-alignments?
Or adjustments? :smile:
Fixing? I don't care for that word much either.

Change is an ok word for me as is growth, blossoming, developing,
molding, transforming, learning, re-assessing...fix not so much.

Mr Interesting
23-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm glad you brought up sport Mind Power as it's thrown light on a big long post I just read on facebook about appropriation in music across racial stereotypes and I was loathe to add anything simply because so many people had opinions and it just felt somewhat pointless... but funnily enough this place and sport coming up has kind of thrown up something I've often thought about sport and somehow, which I don't know how yet, seems to be about the same underlying topic.

To put it simply sports people who are driven withint that chosen frame of reference become so good and because of this it is televised and because alot of people watch it they don't exercise and I sometimes wonder whether the desire to achieve in individuals should be weighed against the effect of under achieving it creates in lots and lots of individuals.

"Sages have no strange clothes or weird behavioral patterns. Their clothes are not incongruous, their behaviour is unnoticeable. They are not ostentatious when successful and not fearful when destitute. They do not show off when famous, and they are not ashamed to be unknown. They are different but not strange. All of them use what cannot be named; this is called great mastery." -Wen Tzu

Then this quote appeared yesterday in another section and I think it's quite relevant to the topic... at least as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose in a sense what I see in the law of attraction is that we're all heading towards 'using what cannot be named' but seeing that we will achieve great mastery. That initially we target this mastery to get going but somehow to achieve great mastery we all must realise 'using that which cannot be named' requires humility and serving.

Years and years ago when I started off in Art I'd done so not to be a great artist but it was simply the only latent talent left to me that resonated to where I came from and thus could be used as a tool to inspire, hopefully, all those others left behind. That's to say I was from the wrong side of the tracks and basically wanted to cross those tracks and create a money thing to take back to the wrong side... a Robin Hood kinda thing really.

Purposely then I kept the materials I used cheap and affordable while also referencing the cultural base I came from specifically so that all those others from that side of the track would be able to find what I was doing approachable, see their own way, with their own skills, to go out and refurbish the wrong side... as it were, in an image of ourselves not suffering at all from lack but as rich and deep as any flowering of humanity understanding itself as relationships within itself and it's environment.

Now I look back, and it's been about twenty years of giving it a good old go, and it's been a very interesting set of experiences, and while I'm still somewhat in favour of my original intentions, well I am definitely actually, and while I wouldn't be so bold as to say I had any effect in the greater scheme of things it does strike me that achieving, in the wider sense, has become even more unapproachable and fenced off than it was when I started. That's to say that materials, settings to work in and marketplaces used are more expensive, as regards art, and that sports as well seems to require much greater applications of energy and perfection at much younger ages to achieve positions which might then be seen as inspirational.

But at the same time there is also a little more of the words from people who have achieved great things but then turn around and say how empty it actually is... not that their talents were in vain, but that how they went about achieving within the paradigm that exists took them away from a heartfelt connection to what they eventually realised actually matters.