PDA

View Full Version : Highly sensitive people

TonySG
13-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi
I have come to realise that I am and always have been a highly sensitive person. To be honest it annoys me at times. Although see it is as beneficial sometimes as well. I think its more detrimental to me than positive at this stage if my life.

I'm assuming there might be a few HSP on this forum as 'spiritual' people usually are. But, is there anything that can do done to over ride this basic aspect of my nature. It seems unlikely :/ but just thought id ask!

luntrusreality
13-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I think it is very hard if not impossible to override how the body/mind is wired.
Overide as in: replace it with a different trait.

I have tried that too. I was always faking.
Trying to act aloof, next week be more funny, next week be a sarcastic *******..., next week be the meditative conscious dude ...EVERYTHING , alway putting effort into some sort of character.
The only thing in my experience that works is going beyond your character to the place that is the exact same for everyone.

But of course you can ALSO work on your behaviour, do self-help, try to not care as much about outcomes or what other people think of you.
But these things come more naturally and gradually anyway if you go beyond your belief of what kind of person you are.

Do you have a specific example that shows why you feel the need to override this character trait ?

Luntrus

FairyCrystal
13-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Yes, learn to properly ground yourself, shield yourself. I did 3 courses in intuitive development and that helped me to turn the HSP into a power as opposed to a weakness that prohibited me from leading a normal life.
I still do need my 'me' time, I don't like to be in very busy surroundings 24/7, but I can now easily go out to noisy, crowded pubs, parties, have people over to visit me. Doesn't wear me out at all anymore. ONLY if I'm not centered ... this is vitally important to achieve! But I don't have to live like a hermit anymore :p
Lights don't bother me as much anymore, although I am getting more and more sensitive to these really annoying halogen lights in shops (they almost always flicker, and no one seems to see it, yet I do). There are shops I cannot go in to, for that reason, including supermarkets. TLs, same thing, although halogen is often worse I think.
I can even handle bass pretty well, loud bass sounds (during a gig for instance) used to make me feel really sick. I still don't always like it, but sometimes I can even enjoy it!

So in short, I can lead a pretty normal life now, my HS is now a strength, not a weakness anymore. It took a lot of work, cos I had to clear and realign all my chakras (so getting over traumas in order to do so, which takes time), learn to manage my own energy system etc. And of course grounding and shielding.
If you learn all that, you become more and more empowered and the HS will bother you less and less. It's not a status quo ...

silent whisper
14-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Hi
I have come to realise that I am and always have been a highly sensitive person. To be honest it annoys me at times. Although see it is as beneficial sometimes as well. I think its more detrimental to me than positive at this stage if my life.

I have been around a great deal of HSP ...And most of them have spoken like this through the awakening of their journey. I felt like the odd one out in saying that I love my hsp self...I have learned that the detrimental times that arise in feeling are the greatest gifts to deepen ones own connection, so I walk it through... But those I talk too who cannot open to feel it all fully as I do often say that they are the times they wish for their sensitivity to not be so heightened and suffer overwhelm and often isolate themselves.

I'm assuming there might be a few HSP on this forum as 'spiritual' people usually are. But, is there anything that can do done to over ride this basic aspect of my nature. It seems unlikely :/ but just thought id ask!

If it is you and you override this aspect of you, what are you over riding in the greater view of you.?

Taking care of self on every level of the your sensitivity seems to be the nature of sensitivity. So finding ways to be more grounded and connected to deal with the rest does help. If your tank is empty, overwhelm will kick in faster...

Whatever faculty is predominate in your sensitivity is often a signal that that aspect of you, has within itself a feeling that it cannot open fully to connect..Whether it is in protection mode, suppressed mode, fear mode whatever mode it is, what you are retaining will often require a process to let go of the surface and clear itself into being more open and fluid, rather than letting things stick and stay. Being open and sensitive in a more fluid natural flow of things is where I am now..

july14
14-12-2014, 01:13 PM
i read an article about indigo people. high sensitivity is one of their traits. I still doubt I'm an indigo, but was really shocking to read about the traits and recognize myself in over 90% of them

TonySG
14-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Hmm some interesting posts. Il be certain to check them out. I have done so much healing that I have come to the conclusion there are aspects of myself which can't be chaged so I need to learn to accept it.

I don't feel sensitivity around lights or loud noises etc. It more around other people. I pick up on other people's energy too much especially with strong characters. These type of people must have a different vibration or something :P

VisionQuest
14-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Hmm some interesting posts. Il be certain to check them out. I have done so much healing that I have come to the conclusion there are aspects of myself which can't be chaged so I need to learn to accept it.

I don't feel sensitivity around lights or loud noises etc. It more around other people. I pick up on other people's energy too much especially with strong characters. These type of people must have a different vibration or something :P

Increase your UNDERSTANDING through the study of those lives which went through the same.

You can't really turn it off.

Vibration is perhaps the best way to think of it. Strike a note on the piano and set a glass on the piano , it will vibrate at the same frequency, you know that ...... so too it is with Consciousness. (Vernon Howard wrote some great works!)

Best to keep a DISCREET distance from those uncomfortable vibrations. Love them from a distance and RE-TUNE in nature.

Yet be MINDFUL and KIND ~